• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Someone please share how they look for shooting stars.. do you just look at the night sky and wait?
Are there nights where you just don't have shooting stars? Or is it just RNG and a matter of time?

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Someone please share how they look for shooting stars.. do you just look at the night sky and wait?
Are there nights where you just don't have shooting stars? Or is it just RNG and a matter of time?
Yes, there are nights where you will not have shooting stars. My best advice is just to go about playing as normal and when you hear the star noise, look up and wish ASAP.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Basically spent the whole day on Nookzaon trading items.This game can be too addicting at times.
Do you have a wishlist of things you're looking for? I have a lot of knick knacks.

Does anyone of you fossil hoarding people happen to have both sides of the Megalo they could spare? I'm happy to trade some of the fossils I have lying around, bells, NMTs, various tier 3 hybrid flowers (including blue roses) or have you catalogue items (I have a bunch, just lemme know what you're looking for).
I'm pretty sure I have them, but I'll need to check. I'll let know you.

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY

I usually hear it, and when i hear it, its usually around 5 shooting stars at a time. And when i get stars like that, it usually happens in intervals roughly 20 minutes apart. Its not exactly 20 minutes, ive had it happen 7 minutes apart, but usually within 20 minutes, i'll get another group of stars.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I usually hear it, and when i hear it, its usually around 5 shooting stars at a time. And when i get stars like that, it usually happens in intervals roughly 20 minutes apart. Its not exactly 20 minutes, ive had it happen 7 minutes apart, but usually within 20 minutes, i'll get another group of stars.
There is one background song that has a "ting" sound in one part that sounds very similar to shooting stars, so it always makes me check the sky.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
If you ask a villager to leave and then get them back (like via the cards) do they remember they were at your island/friendship level? Or does it all reset. I have some villagers i want to keep but loathe the starting houses.
I thought it was the first 2, but turns out it was the first 5. My Ketchup was living in a subpar space this whole time lol

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
If you ask a villager to leave and then get them back (like via the cards) do they remember they were at your island/friendship level? Or does it all reset. I have some villagers i want to keep but loathe the starting houses.
I thought it was the first 2, but turns out it was the first 5. My Ketchup was living in a subpar space this whole time lol
The amiibo villagers are all blanks slates, unfortunately.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Ah dang thanks, so I got some decisions. Or maybe Nintendo can let us upgrade them, ehhh Nintendo???
It's not really a big deal. I did this with Canberra and she's back now and has her real house and her friendship level is close to max.

I'm thinking of moving Dierdre out now. I love her, but her house is a horror show. She's been asking me for bugs and stuff pretty frequently, so now she has a bug cage sitting on a seat, one on the table, a barbecue in the back of the room FACING THE WALL. I'm at my wit's end.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
It's not really a big deal. I did this with Canberra and she's back now and has her real house and her friendship level is close to max.

I'm thinking of moving Dierdre out now. I love her, but her house is a horror show. She's been asking me for bugs and stuff pretty frequently, so now she has a bug cage sitting on a seat, one on the table, a barbecue in the back of the room FACING THE WALL. I'm at my wit's end.

Ok thast cool. ill probably pursue this then, And yes I feel you. I accidentally sold Tex a bug from my inventory (wasnt thinking), and now instead of his awesome plate of popsicles its a dang wharf roach right in front of his house

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Thanks!

marimo

Oct 25, 2017

You can try to clean out her house by gifting her wall items since they don't display those unless it's door decor. Just give her a bunch of things like boomerangs or wall lamps and it'll rotate out the bugs and other gift items.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
I completed the fossil parts of the museum but still have to go to Blathers telling me that "they already have these fossils" in order to sell them at more than 100 bells a pop. Eeeeh

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Yesterday, I did some Nookazon'in and acquired most of the Lucky items, according to this page
animalcrossing.fandom.com

Lucky Items

Lucky Items are a set of items then when put in the players' house, as their name implies, they give the player additional Luck. While their effects have not been specifically proved, they act like Feng Shui items. Not only do they help the players' luck, but it also boosts up the Happy Room...

The only ones I'm missing are the Robot Hero (which I don't know where I can even fit this in my house), Lucky Gold Cat, and a Villager Photo.
So, I guess my next plan in the game is to start gifting villagers on a regular basis to try and get photos.

I want to get that 300k HHA score!

LakeShore

Oct 28, 2017
I've got a couple of questions, that I have looked online for, but not getting concrete answers, so wonder if anyone knew here?

I'm playing the game currently with one main character. I had an idea to add 2 more players to the game purely for their houses, I kinda want to add them as extensions to the museum, either side of it. To display some other bespoke stuff like Gulliver Items or the special event things like Bunny Day and such. I'd not want to use the characters at all, just make use of their homes.

Here's the questions:

1) Could my main character I play as enter the other houses as I please to view items in it?
2) Could I actually put my items in these houses to use them as my intended museum extensions?

Also, worth asking, does anyone happen to have 2 Gemini fragment and 3 Cancer fragment spare I could buy?

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
1) Could my main character I play as enter the other houses as I please to view items in it?
2) Could I actually put my items in these houses to use them as my intended museum extensions?

Yes.
No, only the owner of the house can decorate it. If it's an alt profile, the alt profile will have to do it. It's unfortunately quite tedious.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Just to add to this... You can't put them in there yourself. You need to pass them to the owner of the house. Which is tedious, but not as bad as you might think.

You can play coop with the second player and pass items to them that way. You don't have to shut off the game and restart it with the other Switch account. Playing coop is done from the Nook phone, so just choose that option when you want to start moving items.

Though, you can't play coop when your island is open or you have visitors. So if you're trading things with people, those items must be available from your main house.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Does anyone of you fossil hoarding people happen to have both sides of the Megalo they could spare? I'm happy to trade some of the fossils I have lying around, bells, NMTs, various tier 3 hybrid flowers (including blue roses) or have you catalogue items (I have a bunch, just lemme know what you're looking for).
By Megalo, do you mean Megacero? I've got all 3 parts (Skull, Torso, Tail)

Kamala

Sep 22, 2019
They get their own item storage, but no extra design slots AFAIK... :( I really hope Nintendo adds more in... there's so many good patterns!!

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Redd is on my island with all fakes, which means I guess I'm going to be time traveling for the first time.

Just to make sure I got it right, I need to set the clock to Tuesday, start the game up, save and quit, go back to Monday, then start again and he should have a different stock?

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Redd is on my island with all fakes, which means I guess I'm going to be time traveling for the first time.

Just to make sure I got it right, I need to set the clock to Tuesday, start the game up, save and quit, go back to Monday, then start again and he should have a different stock?

Yes.
What fakes does he have, if I may ask?

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
JWJg1YH.jpg

Starting to achieve that cozy winter lodge feel. Thanks again Johann Mistletoe for the fireplace lol.

Does anyone have a billiard table with red or preferably green felt? I'd be happy to buy it off you, simply catalog it, or to trade it for the blue felt table shown on the picture.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Question for you wonderful AC folks:

If I stop using my Amiibo cards to bring campers in, will they start to appear randomly in my campsite?

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wanted this to be the first AC game where I complete the museum but these summer bugs are giving me a really hard time. I play this for like an hour every evening but only saw one of those three really expensive beetles so far. And I didn't even manage to catch it. :(

Starting to think I might not catch all three til the end of August. The expensive sea creatures also seem to be really rare. Meanwhile I'm swimming in sharks...

Apr 19, 2020
Anyone have paintings to trade?

Redd is selling genuine mysterious and sinking paintings. I don't have either in my collection but I can't buy both (what time does redd close shop, by the way?)

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As promised, here's pictures of my magical forest!

Mysterious entry...?
Ec1aV9KUwAAOmad

Meet the denizens!
Ec1aV9MUYAAjZwe

The Forest King (and Queen in the background)
Ec1aV9WUwAAPDbs

Ec1aV9RUcAABjir

I might add some custom designs on the ground to occupy some of the open grass spots. But yeah. :>

Status
Not open for further replies.