• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
So I just encountered a gigas giant clam and holy cow, that thing is FAST. I had to chase it across like a quarter of my ocean area before catching it, and that was only cause it was cornered lol.
I chased mine for a solid half hour until it finally got snagged on Redd's ship and I could grab it. At least Redd was actually useful for something!

I hope that's the hardest one to catch...

Last edited:

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
My nooklings aren't selling a wet suit today, so I had to buy one with nook miles and have to wait until tomorrow to swim. :(

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
is there like some kind of page I can check the changes made on this patch? I think I saw this makes some more changes than just the swimming

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
is there like some kind of page I can check the changes made on this patch? I think I saw this makes some more changes than just the swimming
Ver. 1.3.0 (Released July 2, 2020)
The software has been updated if you see "Ver. 1.3.0" in the upper-right corner of the title screen.

• General Updates
    • Players can now wear a wet suit and go diving in the ocean.
    • Players can now catch sea creatures while diving, which they can then donate to the museum.
    • Players can now encounter new visiting characters somewhere on the island.
    • Nook Miles can now be traded for new items.
    • New seasonal items have been added to the Nook Shopping catalog, available for limited time only.
  • Fixed the following issues:
    • The names of several fish have been fixed in Korean and Simplified Chinese.
    • Addressed issues to further ensure an enjoyable gaming experience.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Part of me looks at the jellyfish exhibit and thinks the museum layout has been planned since the start and then I look at the way they added the horseshoe crab sign and I don't know lol

someday

Oct 25, 2017
Should I be saving scallops to trade with Pascal or can I sell them? First AC game and I'm not familiar with this.

I wasn't all that excited about diving but it quickly became my favorite activity. It's even more pleasant than fishing for me.

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY
Should I be saving scallops to trade with Pascal or can I sell them? First AC game and I'm not familiar with this.

I wasn't all that excited about diving but it quickly became my favorite activity. It's even more pleasant than fishing for me.

sell them, he only shows up on the first scallop of the day. Until we know what we need for crafting, ive been selling. And so far, Ive only seen the pearls Being necessary for crafting the new DIYs.

Bedraggle

May 6, 2020
I don't know if it was a bug but Pascal didn't show up until my second scallop. I assumed i needed to donate one to Blathers before he would start trading with me

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm gonna have to rework the visitor FAQ in the OP at some point... not like anyone is reading it anyway. :|

Also, it feels like seaweed and anemones have a lot more bubbles than other critters.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The birthday celebrations in this game are pretty good.

Also, the swimming sound effects almost make me emotional during this pandemic.

Last edited:

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if they maybe buffed the spawn rates of some bugs? Last night one of the bugs I was still missing was the horned atlas, and after the update I suddenly found like 5 of them in the space of a couple hours

Now all I'm missing from July are the giraffe stag and walking stick

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've caught five or six sharks today (hammerhead, whale, saw), having not caught any for weeks. Weird.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
The vending machine in the residential building has an option that says "Redeem Nook Miles" or something. That's where you get Nook Miles Tickets, the inventory expansion etc. from.
Talking specifically about this line item from the patch notes:

• Nook Miles can now be traded for new items.

I think I mistook that for something else. I do see new items like the snorkel, that's probably what it refers to.

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
Do we know if they maybe buffed the spawn rates of some bugs? Last night one of the bugs I was still missing was the horned atlas, and after the update I suddenly found like 5 of them in the space of a couple hours

Now all I'm missing from July are the giraffe stag and walking stick

Could it be the time of day? Haven't heard about spawn rate changes yet.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Note the date:

PG1le9c.jpg

K.K. will no longer take up Friday when there is a tourney on Saturday and instead show up on Sunday.

They really fixed everything regarding visitors.

dgco86

Oct 25, 2017
Stayed up late tonight to try and catch the Scarab Beetle and Giant Stag on a Nook Miles Island. Took a lot of prep work and grinding, but I managed to catch at least 4 of each, along with 2 horned elephants, 2 horned hercules and some cyclomattus stags. Pretty good haul all things considered, and I'm glad I don't have to stay up late or get up early just to try and catch bugs. Now to get that damn walking stick, and whatever sea creatures are available this month.

Honestly, I don't know why I even bother trying to catch 4 of each bug/fish (1 for the museum and 3 for Flick/CJ), most of the models are really underwhelming.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Are there going to be different wetsuits every day in the store or is it going to be the same every day like the surfboard?

Also how do I get more scuba mask colors?

asun

Nov 10, 2017
pascal, why won't you show up????

other than that, I think it would be cool if we could flip on our back or get pool floats so that we can laze the day away.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I'm sure this has been mentioned, but besides wet suits at Nook's Cranny and Nook Shopping there is also a new wet suit and snorkel combo when you redeem Nook Miles under Novelties.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
For people that do trading with strangers, and like to block off their island with fences, be aware that the new update lets people dive from your island's airport dock, so that's no longer going to work unless you fence off all the beaches.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Are there going to be different wetsuits every day in the store or is it going to be the same every day like the surfboard?

Also how do I get more scuba mask colors?
Random every day, four colors.
Snorkel might be in the Nook Stop/app or at Able's. Usually the things we get for free as "patch rewards" are purchasable since new players only get the latest patch mail. So for example we got that Switch console at release but after the first patch new players did not and had to buy it in Nook Stop/Shopping app (as we all had to do for the second version of the Switch too). But no confirmation yet.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Random every day, four colors.
Snorkel might be in the Nook Stop/app or at Able's. Usually the things we get for free as "patch rewards" are purchasable since new players only get the latest patch mail. So for example we got that Switch console at release but after the first patch new players did not and had to buy it in Nook Stop/Shopping app (as we all had to do for the second version of the Switch too). But no confirmation yet.
hm. alright, cool. thanks.

Andamo

Oct 27, 2017
My neighbors are all running around holding cattails. Is that just a summer item that they can hold, like drinks and ice cream, or is it something we can find/craft/buy?

holeung

Oct 28, 2017
Why cant I make wishes in the sea T_T

The wet suit instantly makes all the clothings irrelevant, cant see myself putting it off in the near future, well, at least before having all the recipes and the pearls needed with it.

The bird eye view makes this kind of hat more desirable

jbxKnjj.jpg

Nintendo should design a similar collection for us to wear when swimming

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why cant I make wishes in the sea T_T

The wet suit instantly makes all the clothings irrelevant, cant see myself putting it off in the near future, well, at least before having all the recipes and the pearls needed with it.

The bird eye view makes this kind of hat more desirable

jbxKnjj.jpg

Nintendo should design a similar collection for us to wear when swimming

roflmao i'm dying rn help0

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao if you try to go into the fitting room with a wet suit on Mabel won't let you

200.gif

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Have they patched Redd back in yet?

I know he's already in the game, but it was more in theory with his visit rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.