• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
The pirate stuff looks so fun! I can't wait to decorate the hidden beach and surrounding cliffs with that stuff. Also, the coat is perfect for a Guybrush Threepwood outfit.

Mermaid stuff looks great as well. I like the decor more than the outfits though.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone have a list of all the new wetsuits? I see someone posted the mermaid and pirate sets earlier, but nothing for those haha.

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
It appears that pirate Gulliver counts as a different visitor than regular Gulliver, and both will still show up. So that's less of a chance for Redd, then. Sounds about right.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
It appears that pirate Gulliver counts as a different visitor than regular Gulliver, and both will still show up. So that's less of a chance for Redd, then. Sounds about right.
Kicks might not be weekly anymore though, according to a dialogue change. Maybe the other weekly guaranteed visitors are also getting changed.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I bought the black suit from Nook's, ordered the yellow leaf suit from the Nook Shop, and got the hot pink snorkle in the mail from Nintendo. The Nook miles set looks the best, imo. I wish there were flippers for your feet!

Also caught my first scallop and Pascal gave me the Mermaid Dresser DIY. Immediately caught a second scallop, but I guess he only shows up once a day cause he didn't come back. At least I have one for Blathers now!

Last edited:

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Just chased a dive shadow around half the island it was moving so fast. Finally pulled it up and it's a huge giant clam! Pretty cool. Shame we seemingly can't get models of them.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
Do the snorkels show up at Nook's/Able? Or do you just get one and then have to get the other colors from other players? Checking the Nook Shopping app, it looks like they are at least purchasable so catalogueing should work.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just chased a dive shadow around half the island it was moving so fast. Finally pulled it up and it's a huge giant clam! Pretty cool. Shame we seemingly can't get models of them.

I'll still collect 3 of each and put them on my critter storage account in case they do get models later on.

Do we have a list of diving critters yet and when to find them?

animalcrossing.fandom.com

Deep-sea creatures (New Horizons)

Diving was reintroduced to New Horizons as part of Wave 1 of the Summer Update, after being introduced in New Leaf. The player can go diving after purchasing a wetsuit from the Nookstop, in the sea and collect these creatures, which can be donated to Blathers at the Museum, or scallops can be...
Not entirely complete in terms of time, shadow size etc., but it's a full list.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Do the snorkels show up at Nook's/Able? Or do you just get one and then have to get the other colors from other players? Checking the Nook Shopping app, it looks like they are at least purchasable so catalogueing should work.
Looking through islands on Turnip Exchange, someone said that they had all the colors of snorkels at their Able's, so it appears that you can just buy 'em all.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kicks being my visitor of the day on the day of an update and Friday to boot is just putting (sea) salt on my wounds lol.

That pirate furniture looks nice.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, you couldn't have gotten pirate Gulliver anyway, since your visitors are determined in the rollover from Sunday to Monday.

Yeah I was mostly joking anyways, it's just that Kicks is the only visitor I dislike since he seemingly has only 20 items in his stock.

Hopefully pirate Gulliver shows up semi-frequently because my island is tropical-themed and some of that pirate furniture would go perfectly.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I think I am going crazy. I've searched inside and out at Nook's Cranny but I cannot find the wetsuit anywhere. I have the snorkel, but not the suit :(

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

In text: Saharah, Leif and Kicks no longer are guaranteed weekly visits.

how do we get a striped wetsuit?

i have a green snorkel to catalog. which color do you have?

Striped wetsuits are in the cabinet of your Cranny. I have all the snorkels except green and black (that one I'm due to receive from a friend).
Edit: Or Delphine can send me the green one haha.

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
Striped wetsuits are in the cabinet of your Cranny. I have all the snorkels except green and black (that one I'm due to receive from a friend).
Edit: Or Delphine can send me the green one haha.

Thanks i got a yellow striped wetsuit. does the color of the wetsuit change day to day? Well if you need anything let me know

Leif, Saharah and Kicks are no longer guaranteed every week, meaning that you should now get a far more even spread of visitors

Thank goodness

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks i got a yellow striped wetsuit. does the color of the wetsuit change day to day? Well if you need anything let me know

It changes, apparently. But it seems to kinda work like the other tools (like the outdoorsy, elephant and colourful watering cans changing every so often)?
Anyway, I got everything covered now, thank you. :)

holeung

Oct 28, 2017
More than one visitor on weekend will be even better.

Fuchsia just gifted me a snorkel mask in different color variation from Nook, good girl!

And diving from a cliff is satisfying. Its time to make a nice platform.

Last edited:

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I just encountered a gigas giant clam and holy cow, that thing is FAST. I had to chase it across like a quarter of my ocean area before catching it, and that was only cause it was cornered lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.