• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
Yep, I bought mine from the store. Already filling up the new Critterpedia section.

Prediction: "Happy snails to ya" becomes the new "It's at least a C+"

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Swimming at night is so peaceful

catching loads of stuff, and nice to see the deep sea tank will get some use

also that weird glass floor in the northern wing is finally used to hold jellyfish

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
This might seem like a dumb question, but is the wetsuit a tool or clothes?

Also, expanding on that... what "tool" do you need to go diving?
Uhhh it's kinda both a tool and clothes. When you put it on, your clothes don't go in your inventory, but you have to go to your clothing section to take it off. It doesn't show up in closets. You keep whatever shoes and head items you had on.

You can dive wearing whatever you want, diving is just part of swimming. When you buy the swim suit, Timmy gives you a quick tutorial on how to use it

The included snorkel is just a glasses item, it doesn't do anything

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Uhhh it's kinda both a tool and clothes. When you put it on, your clothes don't go in your inventory, but you have to go to your clothing section to take it off. It doesn't show up in closets. You keep whatever shoes and head items you had on.

You can dive wearing whatever you want, diving is just part of swimming. When you buy the swim suit, Timmy gives you a quick tutorial on how to use it

The included snorkel is just a glasses item, it doesn't do anything
So you don't need any special item to go into the water? You can just walk in with whatever you're wearing?

To continue the wetsuit questioning... when you put it into your house storage, does it show up in the dot-dot-dot section, rather than the clothing section?

Also! There are swim suits, too?! Or did you mean wetsuit...

Do we know if you can get sea creature models from CJ?
Someone in the news thread said that you couldn't :/

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I meant wetsuit

You have to wear the wetsuit to swim, but you can wear whatever socks, shoes, face items or hats you want when swimming, only your clothing changes

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
So you don't need any special item to go into the water? You can just walk in with whatever you're wearing?

To continue the wetsuit questioning... when you put it into your house storage, does it show up in the dot-dot-dot section, rather than the clothing section?

Also! There are swim suits, too?! Or did you mean wetsuit...

Someone in the news thread said that you couldn't :/
It is in fashion section of the storage, after the umbrellas.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
40 and they have a new tab in the Critterpedia and Nook Miles Goals too.
Damn! That's so many. I just found a photo of it, too.
ZGtWBjC.jpg

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I'm pretty sure the update added some new villager dialog. I just got some from Pekoe and Reneigh I'd never seen before.

It's probably specifically high-friendship dialog

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
You can't change leads while swimming if playing co-op. Some of the limitations on this game are so bizarre lol.

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017
Hey all, I'm likely going to have a Treasure Hunt on my island in the coming days with prizes. Free to enter. Want to make sure enough people in this thread would be interested before doing it. It would likely be teams of 2 or 4 trying to find as many dropped items within a time limit.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
So... if someone invites you to their island, you can go swimming as long as you have a wetsuit right?

So people who gate off parts of their island using the sea as a wall have to come up with some new barriers, right?

Anyway, I'll probably be playing most of the weekend. Perhaps on Sunday, I'll have a yard sale. My storage is nearing its fullness, and I have a bunch of extra crap (of all categories) I really don't need. Come on by to catalog things, or just take 'em!

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
Found on Reddit, I think these are legit based on the mermaid items I've seen.

l0hdp5fnik851.png

u49ar8n2ik851.jpg

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit surprised there wasn't any boy mermaid (or merman?) items. It's not a deal breaker by any means but it is a bit of a bummer lol

Status
Not open for further replies.