• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I just found out why Orville always asks if you have your tools packed before visiting a mystery island. This is what can happen if you don't have a vaulting pole and bad luck RNG means you can't craft one from the island's trees:

Eb1-VriVAAAujJh
I want to have Marshal move in soon. I have his amiibo, so I don't have to worry about RNG.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Palm Tree Beetles are like the final boss of Animal Crossing

I got... 1... in an hour...

Maybe it's just the rain making them not spawn that quickly. That's what I'll tell myself, at least

Meanwhile I made over 500,000 selling large fish because the game is just handing me huge fish while I run back and forth on the beach waiting for dumb beetles

Neoriceisgood

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I got every single palm tree beetle available tonight, while it was raining. That took a lot of work.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats how many NMT did it take you?
Thanks, I think it was 25 NMTs (only this hunt, I unsuccessfully hunted for him before) but it was more than worth it. He's such a beautiful round boi. ;-)
I want to have Marshal move in soon. I have his amiibo, so I don't have to worry about RNG.
It was the first island so it was actually good RNG, I was just stupid for forgetting to bring a pole lol. The bad luck was getting 4 soft wood from the accessible trees (the pole needs 5...). Thank God Roald wasn't on that island!

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone, I hope you are all enjoying catching all these new bugs and fish. If anyone still interested I still have these items available to give away for free before I'll sell them next Tuesday.

--Imperial chest(blue)
--Throwback race-car bed(black)

--Tatami bed(black)
--Tatami bed(natural)
--Bunk bed(silver)
--Writing desk(dark brown)
--Table with cloth
--Bathroom sink(white)
--Blue corner x2
--Red corner
--Retro gas pump(red)
--Anotomical model--

If anybody want anything here just ask.

Last edited:

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Well this happened.
I will probably never play the market again. ACNH has officially become a casual game for me now. lol
I have enough bells to do all the terraforming and building moving I plan on doing for the foreseeable future.
You'd be surprised how fast you can go through that money when you really start buying things. I try to keep my bank account around 10mil, but when I start buying tons of furniture (both from Nooks, and other people online) to build up the rooms in my house, it can easily get down to 5mil throughout the week.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Hey everyone, I hope you are all enjoying catching all these new bugs and fish. If anyone still interested I still have these items available to give away for free before I'll sell them next Tuesday.

--Imperial chest(blue)
--Tatami bed(black)
--Tatami bed(natural)
--Bunk bed(silver)
--Table with cloth
--Bathroom sink(white)
--Blue corner x2
--Red corner
--Retro gas pump(red)
--Anotomical model

Yo, can I pick up that Anotomical model at some point? I'll PM you.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
You'd be surprised how fast you can go through that money when you really start buying things. I try to keep my bank account around 10mil, but when I start buying tons of furniture (both from Nooks, and other people online) to build up the rooms in my house, it can easily get down to 5mil throughout the week.
I'll worry about my house when the time comes. (I still don't have any useful furniture available to me at all so what's the point?) Right now I just want enough to remove bridges and ramps so I can terraform then enough to move the museum and possibly my house.

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017
Redd is selling the following at my island:

REAL Mona Lisa
FAKE Jolly painting

First come first serve

Last edited:

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY
Anyone know if i max out on shooting stars on someone elses island and come home and get shooting stars, does my limit get bumped from 20 up to 40?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, does anyone know specifically what that doop-deep-doop sound is that you hear sometimes when doing a favor for a villager? Does it have something to do with friendship levels?

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
anyone with a list of all the DIY recipes that require a piece of trash (boot, can, tire)?
It'd be nice if there was a reverse-search on some of these sites that would list all the recipes an item is used in.

There's this list for trash:
game8.co

What Can You Do With Trash? | Trash (Garbage) DIY Recipes | ACNH - Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)|Game8

There are many things you can do with trash in Animal Crossing: New Horizons (ACNH). You can get DIY recipes after collecting trash, you can leave trash on your island to attract flies, and you can even sell your trash to Timmy and Tommy at Nook's Cranny.

But, this doesn't include all the recipes that use trash items. For example, the Lunar Rover, a Celeste recipe, uses 4 old tires.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
But, this doesn't include all the recipes that use trash items. For example, the Lunar Rover, a Celeste recipe, uses 4 old tires.
Funny thing about the Lunar Rover is that I still don't have the recipe for it, but I did get one out of a balloon like the first week the game was out.
Didn't realize that photos were worth so much. Just sold one I didn't care much about for 90 NMT.
[/QUOTE ]
Some of the prices people are willing to pay are absolutely disproportionate to what some things are actually worth. 😂

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017

--Imperial chest(blue)
--Tatami bed(black)
--Tatami bed(natural)
--Bunk bed(silver)
--Table with cloth
--Bathroom sink(white)
--Blue corner x2
--Red corner
--Retro gas pump(red)
--Anotomical model--reserved for dyreschlock

Can I take the Imperial Chest and Racecar bed off your hands?

Didn't realize that photos were worth so much. Just sold one I didn't care much about for 90 NMT.

Good to know. I need to keep giving gifts to the villager who are staying forever in case they gift me another photo. Someone mentioned getting a second one from a villager.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Got my scarab and giant stag, so don't have to worry about those weird hour bugs

Just need golden stag, horned Hercules, grasshopper and a cicada shell and I'm done for July

...is it me or are cicada shells really really rare? I have yet to see a single one, despite catching many insects worth far more bells that it

clearacell

Oct 27, 2017
Can I take the Imperial Chest and Racecar bed off your hands?

Good to know. I need to keep giving gifts to the villager who are staying forever in case they gift me another photo. Someone mentioned getting a second one from a villager.

Yup, I have 2 zucker photos. I let him go to my wifes island so I never really got rid of him.

holeung

Oct 28, 2017
Redd here selling

Real scenic painting
Real perfect painting

Fake amazing painting

let me know if you are interested.

Last edited:

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Starting to regret making a dense forest where you can barely see anything now that it's beetle season.

I GET IT A SURFBOARD IS FOR SALE PLEASE ANYTHING ELSE NO NOT THE FAN

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
After a day I'm missing just four bugs and one fish (I seriously caught seven great white sharks in a row trying to catch an ocean sunfish). Three of the bugs I'm missing are rare palm tree beetles. This is going to be really annoying lol

And now that it's raining this morning I see why cicadas have different text for if it's raining or not. They don't make any noise if it's raining :(

OneEyedJuliet

Jan 20, 2020
Redd has deigned himself to grace me with his presence today, and he has the following art items up for grabs:

- Wistful painting (Real)
- Jolly painting (real)
- Amazing painting (fake)

I also have a real Scary painting to trade for a statue (fake or real).

DM me if you're interested :)

Last edited:

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
yea, I caught 1 in the rain about an hour

this morning, in the sun, I caught all but 2 in an hour and a half

So they do spawn in the rain, it's just an obnoxiously low chance

The problem is that not only do they have inherently low spawn rates, but they also compete with a lot of other bugs even during the rain.

Oct 26, 2017
I have Marshal in boxes! PM me if you would like to invite him!

latest

Beau today asked to move so I jumped back and forth this week and Marshal keeps asking to leave. Luckily I have his amiibo card to bring him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.