• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah villagers like Ankha and Diana are some I have left without a second thought while touring. I can see why others like them but they are not for me at all. The looks are what sets villagers apart so that's pretty much all we can base our opinions of them on and we all have different tastes.
I love a whole bunch of villagers that others dislike (Chadder is great!) and I can see why people don't care for them. It's all good tho as long as no one goes into hyperbole mode. Every single villager has fans for one reason or another and that's fun and makes Animal Crossing super cool (except for Barold, that's not fun and cool, stop liking him).

Yeah, and I won't knock anyone for liking or disliking certain visual design elements lol. Like I know you don't like Kyle because of his eyes, while I think Kyle's eyes are absolutely adorable. But tastes are tastes.

There are certain villagers that, while not offensive stereotypes like Barold or arguably Deirdre (even if it might be an inadvertent one), I think have elements to them that are just not good design. Beardo I think is one of the biggest offenders because that fuzz on his stomach looks like he's displaying his pubes. Or basically anyone that has that puke green/yellow colour palette, I have no idea what they thought when picking those lol.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
One of the biggest pet peeves I have with certain villagers is that some have a design or color scheme that looks bad with nearly anything other than their default outfit.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Yeah, and I won't knock anyone for liking or disliking certain visual design elements lol. Like I know you don't like Kyle because of his eyes, while I think Kyle's eyes are absolutely adorable. But tastes are tastes.

There are certain villagers that, while not offensive stereotypes like Barold or arguably Deirdre (even if it might be an inadvertent one), I think have elements to them that are just not good design. Beardo I think is one of the biggest offenders because that fuzz on his stomach looks like he's displaying his pubes. Or basically anyone that has that puke green/yellow colour palette, I have no idea what they thought when picking those lol.
Heeeey, Kyle is fine, I just think most other wolves are better :D
I like Beardo but I definitely see what people have a problem with. My mind doesn't go there tho, I just see tummy hair or something. Just like Megan's, Pinky's and Curt's tummy colors show below their clothes. They just made his stomach hairy and didn't think it through. I adore his face tho.

My pet peeve will forever be the looking upwards thing. I would love Ankha if she wasn't always looking up. Now I just think about how straining it is to do that and my eyes hurt just by looking at her, haha!

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
One of the biggest pet peeves I have with certain villagers is that some have a design or color scheme that looks bad with nearly anything other than their default outfit.
I consider their default outfit an integral part of their design personally. I always have them in their default clothing whenever possible.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Finding clothes that fit the species that have are either much smaller (mice, squirrels) or much larger (penguins) or have an awkward body shape (ostriches) and don't get shrunk/stretched into oblivion is very difficult. It's unfortunate.

I consider their default outfit an integral part of their design personally. I always have them in their default clothing whenever possible.

I had like maybe one extra piece of clothing for my villagers until Beau bought a bath towel wrap out of my inventory when I didn't pay attention to the dialogue and started wearing it all the time, which is when I bought like 8-12 pieces of clothing for all of them and gifted it to them in order to give them clothes that are a colour and/or style they like and that they will prioritize over clothes they are given via delivery quests or that randomly show up in their inventory (Kyle started wearing a baseball uniform I did not gift him a while back).

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I have so far given most a single other thing to change into just for the variation and I am super careful about what I pick for them. I always go to Harv's to check if it actually looks good on them first. Reneigh got a retro dress that matches the color of her hooves, Gonzo got a green bomber-style jacket and Ken got a black denim jacket for example. Would be really sad if they completely stopped wearing their defaults.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
I love giving my villagers tons of outfits to wear lol. I do usually use Harvey's island to check to make sure they look good in them first though.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Kabuki won't stop wearing this super ugly track jacket. He's not even working out, he just wears it all the time.

I've given him his default yukata over a dozen times. 😭

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have so far given most a single other thing to change into just for the variation and I am super careful about what I pick for them. I always go to Harv's to check if it actually looks good on them first. Reneigh got a retro dress that matches the color of her hooves, Gonzo got a green bomber-style jacket and Ken got a black denim jacket for example. Would be really sad if they completely stopped wearing their defaults.

I gave Fang a good dozen clothes at this point, and he still wears his default every few days. All of them do, really, some more than others, but they don't stop wearing their defaults at all.
I did make sure that all of the clothes I personally got them fit their personality/design and are colours they like (which tend to fit their colour palette). Bruce looks really good in the music fest shirt I got him, as does Bam in the college cardigan.

It's Friday. Why is Slider here?? I thought he only showed up on Saturdays.

Because Saturday is for the Bug off.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I gave Fang a good dozen clothes at this point, and he still wears his default every few days. All of them do, really, some more than others, but they don't stop wearing their defaults at all.
I did make sure that all of the clothes I personally got them fit their personality/design and are colours they like (which tend to fit their colour palette). Bruce looks really good in the music fest shirt I got him, as does Bam in the college cardigan.

Because Saturday is for the Bug off.

Ahhh right! Thanks.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Also it looks like in the summer instead of running with sticks in the plaza villagers can hold... weird floppy plants.

What is that supposed to be, a cattail?

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Since I hit the storage space limit, I decided to actually go through it and sell off duplicate furniture pieces and clothing items I had. I did not realize I had that many duplicates.

rubbishmonkey

Oct 27, 2017
I love gifting clothes to my villagers.
EbX3xbnUcAU0rMy

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I like Beardo but I definitely see what people have a problem with. My mind doesn't go there tho, I just see tummy hair or something.

Same here, I don't think much of Beardo's hair, I just think of it as tummy hair, and how it's a repeat of his mustache, and I find it cute ahah.
Also, similar sentiment about Ankha, I still don't see what the fuss is about with her. She appeared at my campsite when I was looking for Dom, and besides the loss of potential NMTs that it meant, I overall felt nothing about leaving her there to continue on with my quest. She's certainly unique, but not in a good enough way in my opinion, I just don't enjoy looking at her all that much. It's funny to see how so many different villagers elicit so many different responses from all of us.

I'm kind of the opposite. I just L O V E gifting clothes to my villagers, and while I don't always check how it looks on them via Harv's island (cause that's honestly way too much work for me tbh I'm too lazy for this ahah), I do pay attention to giving them color-matching clothes, or complementary ones. I do pay attention to shapes as well as much as possible (but I do have some fails here and there), whenever I can (although some species are hard to work with, like with my beloved sheep). Truthfully, finding cute and lovely matching clothes and gifting them to my villagers is one of my biggest pleasure in the game. And some of them do come with horrendous default outfits, I'm not gonna lie here. And for those I feel like a fashion intervention is hella needed (latest case in point: Rosie's default dress is tacky and garish, and I HAVE to intervene sorry but no she deserves way better than that), and I'll happily oblige and upgrade their wardrobe accordingly.

Last edited:

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm kind of the opposite. I just L O V E gifting clothes to my villagers, and while I don't always check how it looks on them via Harv's island (cause that's honestly way too much work for me tbh I'm too lazy for this ahah), I do pay attention to giving them color-matching clothes, or complementary ones. I do pay attention to shapes as well as much as possible (but I do have some fails here and there), whenever I can (although some species are hard to work with, like with my beloved sheep). Truthfully, finding cute and lovely matching clothes and gifting them to my villagers is one of my biggest pleasure in the game. And some of them do come with horrendous default outfits, I'm not gonna lie here. And for those I feel like a fashion intervention is hella needed (latest case in point: Rosie's default dress is tacky and garish, and I HAVE to intervene sorry but no she deserves way better than that), and I'll happily oblige and upgrade their wardrobe accordingly.

What I did was spend a few hours at Harv's going through clothes that I think would look cute on each villager, check if it was available in their favourite colour and then make a list of what to give to each of them, then order them. I had a forest of mannequins on my island for a few days, but it's worth it. I'm very happy with the wardrobe of all of my villagers, at least the stuff I gave them myself.

Granted, I also have almost all of the clothes in the game catalogued at this point, so I had plenty of variety haha.

Yeah he's who Filbert replaced

Did you per chance get access to his poster before he left? If so, what'd it take for you to get me a copy of it? Haha.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
What I did was spend a few hours at Harv's going through clothes that I think would look cute on each villager, check if it was available in their favourite style and then make a list of what to give to each of them, then order them. I had a forest of mannequins on my island for a few days, but it's worth it. I'm very happy with the wardrobe of all of my villagers, at least the stuff I gave them myself.

That's hard work and commitment, and I respect that. Not sure I can pull that off though, especially knowing I already have a ton of other things on my Island to-do list, but I'll keep that in mind!

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Why are you playing Animal Crossing if you're not playing dress-up with your villagers

My favorite villagers get at least six different tops

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You know you can just ask me to order you whatever poster you need, right? :D

I know you have all the cards, but I already got a gorillion from you! I don't wanna be a bother. :D

That's hard work and commitment, and I respect that. Not sure I can pull that off though, especially knowing I already have a ton of other things on my Island to-do list, but I'll keep that in mind!

For what it's worth, Fauna looks adorable in the alpinist dress, that's what I got her when she was on my island. :D

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I have not had time for my villagers I have to say. I don't have any photos, have not gotten all the reactions and so on.
I've been so busy getting all the recipes (done) and catting all the items (12 left!)

I know you have all the cards, but I already got a gorillion from you! I don't wanna be a bother. :D
Sending you two a day is no bother!
DM me a list and I'll get to it. I am TTing a LOT tomorrow to catch up again. I'm stuck in early June for some reason I cannot remember and I need to get to the Bug-off in time. Have you met my character Spyware? I know I can send from Glitch but I am unsure about Spyware and I would have to send from that character.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Did you per chance get access to his poster before he left? If so, what'd it take for you to get me a copy of it? Haha.
Yeah, I do, I don't need anything in return for it (though if you have a blue Meme Shirt I'll take that lol)

I know you've been to my island once before to buy from Redd, so if I add you as a friend on the switch will I then be able to mail you stuff?

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have not had time for my villagers I have to say. I don't have any photos, have not gotten all the reactions and so on.
I've been so busy getting all the recipes (done) and catting all the items (12 left!)

Wow! I am done with the non-seasonal recipes and am nearly done with the clothing (mostly winter clothes left), but furniture I'm still far off of haha. Maybe I can help you track down those items you're missing? :)

Sending you two a day is no bother!
DM me a list and I'll get to it. I am TTing a LOT tomorrow to catch up again. I'm stuck in early June for some reason I cannot remember and I need to get to the Bug-off in time. Have you met my character Spyware? I know I can send from Glitch but I am unsure about Spyware and I would have to send from that character.

I'm pretty sure I've met both Glitch and Spyware, yeah. And alright, I'm on it. :)

Yeah, I do, I don't need anything in return for it (though if you have a blue Meme Shirt I'll take that lol)

I know you've been to my island once before to buy from Redd, so if I add you as a friend on the switch will I then be able to mail you stuff?

Looks like I'm covered on the poster, but if you want, send me your FC and I'll add and mail order the shirt to you tomorrow.

someday

Oct 25, 2017
The vast majority of clothes I buy at Able's are for my villagers. I look forward to gifting every day just to see them in their new stuff.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

Which items do you miss? Pretty sure they should all be available through the Discord community, since we covered all of them weeks ago! Unless you're also talking about catting the ones you can't order?

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Wow! I am done with the non-seasonal recipes and am nearly done with the clothing (mostly winter clothes left), but furniture I'm still far off of haha. Maybe I can help you track down those items you're missing? :)

I'm pretty sure I've met both Glitch and Spyware, yeah. And alright, I'm on it. :)
I have not started with clothing yet. One thing at a time! :D
I still had the game going (I thought I had turned it off for the night) and you're on Spyware's friends list indeed :)

Which items do you miss? Pretty sure they should all be available through the Discord community, since we covered all of them weeks ago! Unless you're also talking about catting the ones you can't order?
It's just 12 bathroom items now. The Discord folks helped me with everything from the rattan set that I was still missing and a silly amount of bathroom items today. It's such a wonderful community!

(I call it bathroom stuff because that was what people seemed to call the cat party that had these (and I missed that one))

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
It's just 12 bathroom items now. The Discord folks helped me with everything from the rattan set that I was still missing and a silly amount of bathroom items today. It's such a wonderful community!

(I call it bathroom stuff because that was what people seemed to call the cat party that had these (and I missed that one))

I have them all in my cat, can definitely send them to you!
And yeah the Discord community is probably the reason why I still play this game to this day. Flawless people over there, amazing!

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Like. This isn't a life sim it's a catboy fashion sim

workworkfashionbabyuqj2j.png

This is what I spend my hours on

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have them all in my cat, can definitely send them to you!
And yeah the Discord community is probably the reason why I still play this game to this day. Flawless people over there, amazing!

Might be best if we coordinate a bit so you don't send Spyware items I can send them, but prioritize the ones I don't have in my catalogue. :D

rubbishmonkey

Oct 27, 2017
I went from zero snootys to getting two in about a week. Blaire came into the campsite then Nate wanted to leave and i couldnt resist judy when i saw her on an island (she moved in today)

b8yDlFt.jpg

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden

I'm considering getting Raymond. I am warming up to him after my partner told me that his eyes are not really looking upwards the same extreme way others do. I've been talking to him whenever I visit an island where he is a resident and he's kinda cool.
It would be quite easy to grab him with the campsite method because I can scan all other smugs to get them out of the pool. I will not kick Ken tho so it wouldn't be a higher chance for a smug. It would however mean that when a smug does show up as a random camper it could only be Raymond.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

And it is time well-spent. I do wonder though, is there anything Raymond doesn't look amazing in? That feels rather impossible.
PS: I always die at the pink cat toe beans, goddammit!

That would be lovely! Tell me if I can do anything for you :)

Nothing really, I'm just happy to help. I'll do so in the morning tomorrow, right now I need to sleep!

Might be best if we coordinate a bit so you don't send Spyware items I can send them, but prioritize the ones I don't have in my catalogue. :D

Sure, let me know which items you sent them, and I'll let you know in the morning which items I sent as well!

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Nothing really, I'm just happy to help. I'll do so in the morning tomorrow, right now I need to sleep!
Sure, let me know which items you sent them, and I'll let you know in the morning which items I sent as well!
You're both great! And I have to sleep too. Good night!

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm considering getting Raymond. I am warming up to him after my partner told me that his eyes are not really looking upwards the same extreme way others do. I've been talking to him whenever I visit an island where he is a resident and he's kinda cool.
It would be quite easy to grab him with the campsite method because I can scan all other smugs to get them out of the pool. I will not kick Ken tho so it wouldn't be a higher chance for a smug. It would however mean that when a smug does show up as a random camper it could only be Raymond.
He was my most-desired villager the second I saw him pre-release and I felt very fortunate to get him really early on. The heterochromia, being the only smug cat, being one of very few subtype B smugs, etc. all make him feel unique. Add onto that his stylishness and how adorable he is when he smiles and welp

smilexvka9.png

And it is time well-spent. I do wonder though, is there anything Raymond doesn't look amazing in? That feels rather impossible.
Lots of colorful stuff clashes with his style whereas most neutral, cool, and monotone colors will work. That said he looks surprisingly... not terrible in some colorful outfits (side note: I adore your tag)

redgnj84.jpg

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I have the fragrance sticks, incense burners, tankless toilets (I think) and some of the digital scales (black and yellow apparently!). Plus, I do have the burners on hand, so Spyware could come over tomorrow and cat them beyond sending stuff.

Okay then, thanks. My friend code is here:

[Hidden content]

I'll add you first thing tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday I noticed there was a tent pitched which surprised me because Isabelle didn't mention it during announcements. When I went inside, it was Raymond! I talked to him probably 40 times before he finally agreed to come live on my island. (Because I finally guessed the right card, lol.) He moves in tomorrow, and so I need to clean up my place...

Psyborg

Aug 6, 2018
Celeste and Sarahah are here if anyone's interested. DODO: BHRQB

Sarahaha will likely leave in 20.

Yesterday I noticed there was a tent pitched which surprised me because Isabelle didn't mention it during announcements. When I went inside, it was Raymond! I talked to him probably 40 times before he finally agreed to come live on my island. (Because I finally guessed the right card, lol.) He moves in tomorrow, and so I need to clean up my place...

Nice! I've been hoping for the same thing. Congrats.

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
I have recipes to swap!

shell arch
Barbell
Natural garden chair
Flat garden rock
Bamboo sphere
Wooden simple bed
Wooden block chest

If anyone has Redd on their island that I could visit it would be great help as well, I think at this stage I have a glitch because he hasn't showed up ONCE since the update and I play almost everyday.

Kurtofan

Oct 28, 2017
so kk slider is replacing a special visitor spot this week then? I got cj, leif, sahara and kicks, but today I just get kk slider (since tomorrow is the bug off.)

Anyone else with a different experience? Kind of wished he had replaced leif or kicks...

edit: I should mention that it's friday already here, since I live in Europe, if you can confirm what visitors you got, thanks.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
so kk slider is replacing a special visitor spot this week then? I got cj, leif, sahara and kicks, but today I just get kk slider (since tomorrow is the bug off.)

Anyone else with a different experience? Kind of wished he had replaced leif or kicks...

edit: I should mention that it's friday already here, since I live in Europe, if you can confirm what visitors you got, thanks.

I had a different experience! As it was my characters birthday on Wednesday, I've wound up having *two* K.K. visits. No special visitor slot for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.