• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Today is our son's birthday and KK slider is here, I'm guessing because it is his birthday? Son was actually looking forward to CJ or Flick, but instead gets back to back days of Slider.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Figured out my weather seed, bless Ninji for this, it's gonna be so damn useful to check on star showers and also the general weather tbh.
Although now I know my next meteor shower is gonna be the 25th of August, and then nothing until January 2021, that's a tough one!

Last edited:

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017
Redd is selling:

fake serene painting
Fake academic painting

If anyone's interested.

Last edited:

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Has anyone used this weather tracking tool?

https://wuffs.org/acnh/weather/

I've tracked my weather for a few days now and used photos I've taken since March 20 to input weather.

It seems accurate. Most importantly, it tells you when meteor showers are, heavy or otherwise.

edit: lol. Right above me. Ha.

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY
Finally got enough bells for my last house upgrade. Thanks to those here that helped me out!! Now to work on getting money to buy turnips this Sunday lol

EDIT: I have some DIY's, a piece of furniture, and cafe kk music to trade. Just looking for anything to help get my island along...bells, diy's, furniture, hybrid flowers etc etc.

river fish are where its at. I'd say sharks, but they haven't been showing up as consistently as they were at the beginning of June. Dorado's are worth a cool 15k at the nook shop and 22.5k if CJ is around. Dorado can be caught until 9pm. Arapaima and arowanna Are two other large river fish both worth 10k at nooks and 15k with CJ. both of those fish can be caught any time after 4pm all through the night.

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
Figured out my weather seed, bless Ninji for this, it's gonna be so damn useful to check on star showers and also the general weather tbh.
Although now I know my next meteor shower is gonna be the 25th of August, and then nothing until January 2021, that's a tough one!

i must be dumb i have no idea how this works. I decided to time travel this morning to jot down the weather patterns but cannot make a seed

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
i must be dumb i have no idea how this works. I decided to time travel this morning to jot down the weather patterns but cannot make a seed

I don't know about time traveling. Don't you have photos to use?

Just track a couple days starting today and get a single pattern option for each day.

Use photos to determine other days and times.

Use "unsure/rain" and "unsure/not raining" for the photos, especially if you can't see the sky.

With enough inputs, even with most of them being "unsure", you can get a seed.

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about time traveling. Don't you have photos to use?

Just track a couple days starting today and get a single pattern option for each day.

Use photos to determine other days and times.

Use "unsure/rain" and "unsure/not raining" for the photos, especially if you can't see the sky.

With enough inputs, even with most of them being "unsure", you can get a seed.

I was changing the switch clock to 8am and putting down the weather patterns for each hour until now. definitely not working for me. My brain just cannot wrap my head around this.

So are heavy showers shooting starts and light showers are meteor showers?

maybe i think i have it working not sure. So it seems i had 13 light showers in april however they didnt start until after 10pm. no wonder i thought i was not having any meteor showers i would go to bed at 10pm sharp. i think i will test this with a bit of time travel.

Last edited:

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
I was changing the switch clock to 8am and putting down the weather patterns for each hour until now. definitely not working for me. My brain just cannot wrap my head around this.

So are heavy showers shooting starts and light showers are meteor showers?

maybe i think i have it working not sure. So it seems i had 13 light showers in april however they didnt start until after 10pm. no wonder i thought i was not having any meteor showers i would go to bed at 10pm sharp. i think i will test this with a bit of time travel.

Yeah, heavy are the ones where they're are a few per minute, light is every so often. That site gives you literal specific times when shooting stars should be appearing though.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of meteor showers, I have a heavy one going on right now if anyone wants to make some wishes.

Edit: Thanks for coming!

Last edited:

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
The tool tells me I'm in the midst of 11 straight days of rain

I need to build an ark

Also no wonder I got sick of stars I had 28 meteor showers in my first two months, 3 of which were heavy

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I just re-did every room of my house in an attempt to get that Gold HHA trophy. Is this the last one or is there something else after that? Also what is the point threshold?

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I just re-did every room of my house in an attempt to get that Gold HHA trophy. Is this the last one or is there something else after that? Also what is the point threshold?
That is the last HHA item but you can continue to get random furniture pieces after you get the gold trophy. 150,000 is the score needed for it.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Man... I spent this whole week building up the rooms in my house, working towards that 150k HHA goal. I'm really curious if I made it.

I got 110k last week, and that was with one room completely empty. This week I have coordinated furniture in all my rooms, and everything is quite dense. *fingers crossed*

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I've been playing every day since launch and Isabelle never mentioned any shooting stars for my island yet. Celeste has been around a few times and my villagers never really tell me about it happening, either. Am I just unlucky or what?

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
Man... I spent this whole week building up the rooms in my house, working towards that 150k HHA goal. I'm really curious if I made it.

I got 110k last week, and that was with one room completely empty. This week I have coordinated furniture in all my rooms, and everything is quite dense. *fingers crossed*

I think you should add some rare items from Gulliver in the home and also dedicate one room to seasonal items. I furnished one room with bamboo and young spring bamboo items i made. Also there are some feng shui stuff to follow. And decorate the walls as much as you can.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Weather tool is super helpful for Celeste visits. If you have a single light shower in a week you know she'll be there on that day. If you have more you at least know when not to look for her. If you have no showers in a week (extremely uncommon) she won't visit that week.

I've been playing every day since launch and Isabelle never mentioned any shooting stars for my island yet. Celeste has been around a few times and my villagers never really tell me about it happening, either. Am I just unlucky or what?
I figured out the weather seeds for the three islands in my household and one of them will have a single heavy shower for the rest of the year. One in six months! It's definitely not that uncommon to not have had one in the three months the game has been out.

But we have also learned that Isabelle cannot announce showers if a camper is visiting or someone is moving in. Probably not if they are moving out either or whatever other things she might say. No idea how much you would have to talk to villagers to get them to mention a meteor shower. I've been pretty bad at talking to mine at times.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Throwing lucky items around helped me past the 150k edge (https://animalcrossing.fandom.com/wiki/Lucky_Items NH is near the bottom)
I think you should add some rare items from Gulliver in the home and also dedicate one room to seasonal items. I furnished one room with bamboo and young spring bamboo items i made. Also there are some feng shui stuff to follow. And decorate the walls as much as you can.
Thanks for the tips. :). Those lucky items seem clutch. If I don't make it to 150k, I'll start adding them.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I got back up to 5-stars without making my island look like a junkyard! I built a little cafe, added street lamps, decorated the areas around Nook Stop and Able Sisters, built a very small "zen" area, and put a tiny tiki bar on the beach. The only thing I struggled with was how much fencing they want... All my villagers have yards with fencing, I have decorative hedges around the museum and community center, and fencing around the areas I mentioned above. I finally just went to the cliffs on the back of the island and built fencing behind them on both levels(that you can't see). That seemed to put me over the threshold.

Now that I know where I need to be, I can start tweaking things.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
If anyone is willing to trade a legit piece of art for Gemini Closet recipee or Gold Helmet recipee, please PM me

This is a list of pieces that I have and thus do NOT need: Twinkling painting, Famous painting, Wild painting left half, Wistful painting, Beautiful statue

I realize that art pieces are probably more sought after than star and golden recipes, but if anyone is willing to part with art that I don't have for those, then please do PM me.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding the weather seed...

Once it's determined which weather pattern is used for a specific day, further entries for that day don't help determine your seed, right?

Also, does having 1-2 entries on a day(using old screenshots) help at all? Or does a pattern have to be established for it to be useful info?

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Regarding the weather seed...

Once it's determined which weather pattern is used for a specific day, further entries for that day don't help determine your seed, right?

Also, does having 1-2 entries on a day(using old screenshots) help at all? Or does a pattern have to be established for it to be useful info?
Yeah once it has narrowed it down to one it knows the data for the entire day.
It definitely helps to log an hour here and there.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had a productive Friday night. Submitted three whale sharks to CJ to get the model; sold multiple big fish that I had laying in storage since I last saw CJ; got a photo from Lopez and then Boone; did a bit of pavement work on a few play areas I had already set up; moved a bunch of flowers to create a spot to store free bikes and electric scooters for use

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Does someone have access to any of these villager posters (i.e. has or had them on their island and brought them to Harv's, or their amiibo card)?
Blanche, Bones, Boone, Camofrog, Jacob, Peck, Pierce, Roscoe, Sly, Sparro, Static

If so, I would be happy to catalogue them or trade them for some of mine, I have over 100 posters available to me, including a whole bunch of special villagers. Or of course other stuff, I have a few spare DIYs available and a lot of stuff I can offer for catalogueing, both furniture and clothes.

Last edited:

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wanna take a break from the game for a bit. I wish there was some option to "freeze" my progress so I can get back into it as if it was the next day without actually fucking with console's time settings. I know that thankfully in this entry the worst thing that's gonna happen is weed everywhere but it still feels wrong.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a good character at their campsite? RODNEY FINALLY LEFT. Pretty sure my fiance was happier that he wanted to go than me proposing. We have an opening.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a good character at their campsite? RODNEY FINALLY LEFT. Pretty sure my fiance was happier that he wanted to go than me proposing. We have an opening.
you can't adopt from other people's campsites directly. What you want is "villager in boxes", ready to move out of another town, or to go to nook islands and interview new potential residents.

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, my wife and I are playing this game and have racked up a ton of duplicates that we have unceremoniously dumped right in front of our dock to the airport, disorganized. Please come and take them.

I can list a bit of what I have here:

• Apple wall
  • Aroma pot
  • Bamboo basket
  • Bamboo-grove wall
  • Bonsai shelf (x2)
  • Bamboo wall
  • Cardboard sofa
  • Classic pitcher (x2)
  • Doghouse (x2)
  • Fruit basket
  • Garden wagon (x4)
  • Giant teddy bear (x3)
  • Grass skirt (x3)
  • Ironwood table
  • Jail bars
  • Kettlebell
  • Leaf mask
  • Log dining table
  • Magazine rack
  • Manga-library wall
  • Matroyshka
  • Orange wall-mounted clock (x3)
  • Pan flute
  • Pear umbrella (x2)
  • Pear bed
  • Shell stool (x2)
  • Western-style stone (x2)
  • Wild log bench
  • Wooden-block chest
  • Wooden-block stool
  • Wooden mini-table
  • Wooden plank sign

I think that's it, but these cards damn sure aren't ordered like this, so you'll have to search a bit. They're in front of and to the left and right of the area just off the airport.

I also had some fossils that I dumped to get rid of. Again, they're not as ordered as they are here, so you'll have to dig a bit. Sorry:

• Ammonite
  • Dimetrodon skull
  • Diplo pelvis
  • Diplo tail tip
  • Iguanadon torso
  • Left megalo side
  • Megacero tail
  • Parasaur torso
  • Ptera body
  • Tricera skull
  • Tricera tail

There are also flowers on the beach immediately to the left of the airport (and only immediately to the left of the airport) that you can take. They're all (mostly?) hybrids, but I'm not sure. My wife wanted to get rid of them and said that anyone who wants them could take them.

Please don't touch anything else because we're in the middle of a whole island re-organization, but do feel free to hit up the shops.

I'll be AFK because soccer's on. Dodo code is below:

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
I'll just leave the Switch on in the dock for a couple of hours, so please come unburden us of our recipes and fossils and those specific flowers that I mentioned. :)

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a black Pagoda from Gulliver. Anyone willing to trade for the lucky cat or different color Pagoda?

Last call on these spare recipe DYI's. As many as you want. I will even drop them off. All I ask is to check your stores if open or DYI if laying about.

Angled Signpost
Sleigh
Tulip Surprise Box
Signpost
Tree Branch Wreath
Large Cardboard Boxes
Gemini Closet
Pansy Table
Iron Hanger Stand
Wooden End Table
Juicy Apple TV
Leaf Umbrella
Wooden Double Bed
Iron Doorplate
Bamboo Sphere
Stacked Magazines
Cardboard Chair
Shell Wand
Pretty Cosmos Wreath
Coconut Juice
Shellfish Pochette
Trophy Case
Log Chair
Jungle Flooring
Starry-sands flooring
Hanging Terrarium
Coconut Juice
Peach Dress
Bamboo Partition
Birdhouse
Tropical Vista
Golden Casket
Iron Hanger Stand
Shell Wand
Stack of Books
Tulip Surprise Box

Leaf
Manga-Libray Wall
Gold Bars
Ironwood DIY Workbench
Bamboo-Grove Wall
Wooden Chair
Cherry Speakers
Deer Decoration
Clackercart
Tea Table
Log Pack
Music Stand
Bonsai Shelf
Stacked Magazines
Under Water Wall

Clotheslines
Racoon Figurine
Bamboo Basket
Timber Doorplate

Does someone have access to any of these villager posters (i.e. has or had them on their island and brought them to Harv's, or their amiibo card)?
Alfonso, Avery, Blanche, Bones, Boone, Camofrog, Dobie, Filbert, Jacques, Jacob, Peck, Phoebe, Pierce, Roscoe, Sly, Sparro, Static, Walt

If so, I would be happy to catalogue them or trade them for some of mine, I have over 100 posters available to me, including a whole bunch of special villagers. Or of course other stuff, I have a few spare DIYs available and a lot of stuff I can offer for catalogueing, both furniture and clothes.
I have Alfonso. Sent a PM.

Oct 25, 2017
Alfonso, Avery, Blanche, Bones, Boone, Camofrog, Dobie, Filbert, Jacques, Jacob, Peck, Phoebe, Pierce, Roscoe, Sly, Sparro, Static, Walt

I've got the poster for my boy Avery. I'll leave this site up if you want to PM, or you can see my post just above this one with the Dodo Code and come over (can you buy directly from my Nook ATM?).

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017

I have Filbert. I ordered it from Nook but wont have it til tomorrow so we can try to meet then. If you have Anicotti or Pango, I'd take either or both off your hands :)

Last edited:

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Finally got rid of Nate. He was a lazy bear and I loved him but I needed to drop him. He was my first choice. I kinda love all my other villagers right now. I am replacing him with a Jock Lion named Bud. I haven't had any Jocks since I got rid of Cobb and Coach before him. So now I'm back down to one Lazy duck whom I love to pieces.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have a black Pagoda from Gulliver. Anyone willing to trade for the lucky cat or different color Pagoda?

I have Alfonso. Sent a PM.

You can customize all of Gulliver's furniture pieces that have variants, including the pagoda.

I've got the poster for my boy Avery. I'll leave this site up if you want to PM, or you can see my post just above this one with the Dodo Code and come over (can you buy directly from my Nook ATM?).

Sorry, I was busy.
I cannot order off your Nook store, you'd have to order it for me, or if you have it on hand, let me catalogue it.

I have Filbert. I ordered it from Nook but wont have it til tomorrow so we can try to meet then. If you have Anicotti or Pango, I'd take either or both off your hands :)

I have Anicotti, but not Pango.

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, all, I am closing up shop for now. Thanks for stopping by, everyone! :)

EDIT: And thanks to whoever dropped the NMT. It was unnecessary, but of course, I appreciate it. Hope you got what you wanted. :)

Last edited:

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH

I got Dobie and Jacques' but I'm away from my switch rn. I can hook you in about three hours if you're still around.

Status
Not open for further replies.