• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2019
Hrmmm... how do ants spawn? I've had a turnip spoil outside, but it just sits there. No ants.

You need quite a bit of empty space next to the turnip (definitely on the right side but could be either side), fairly sure that's the reason they don't spawn.
Just drop it somewhere out in the open (and in clear weather) and you should be good. Run in and out of buildings until they spawn.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
You need quite a bit of empty space next to the turnip (definitely on the right side but could be either side), fairly sure that's the reason they don't spawn.
Just drop it somewhere out in the open (and in clear weather) and you should be good. Run in and out of buildings until they spawn.
Ah ok. So I don't need to wait a day or anything? They'll just spawn after going in and out of houses and buildings? I'll give it a try. :) Thanks

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Current roster on my island!

WHOeLZg.jpg

Right now, I'm mainly looking to eventually replace Carmen first, and then very likely Bruce next, for Merengue & Raymond (wish me luck lol).

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Current roster on my island!

Right now, I'm mainly looking to eventually replace Carmen first, and then very likely Bruce next, for Merengue & Raymond (wish me luck lol).
My current roster is:

Ankha
Bunnie
Canberra
Coco
Dierdre
Dom
Lucky
Melba
Merengue
Skye

I still need a cranky and a smug. It's tough because I love all my villagers, but I really want Octavian to move in, and maybe Marshal. I might have to let Lucky go

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
My villager population consists of:

Phoebe
Leonardo
Sherb
Flora
Celia
Freckles
Hippeax
Ocatvian
Tiffany
and Cube.

Hippeax is lame. I'd like to replace him with a different smug fella. I may replace Cube with Drago at some point.

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
My villagers are

Julian (have photo)
Ed (have photo)
Leonardo (have photo)
Victoria (have photo)
Cyd
Merry (have photo)
Fuchsia
Midge (have photo)
Snake (just arrived)
Dizzy

I let Tasha go a few days ago.

Jan 10, 2019
Joining in on the roster thing, my current villagers are:

Dom
Phil
Audie
Maple
Erik
Chief
Ketchup
Flurry
Puck
Patty

Pretty much loving them all at this point, albeit some overkill on the peppy side so hopefully next up Patty'll go on a new adventure in favour of a sisterly (Pashmina, looking at you). Puck will have to go as well for a snooty villager, crossing fingers for Ankha.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
EZ3TCQ2UYAAMC-l

My folks: (* photo acquired)

Drift*
Agnes*
Audie*
Jacob*
Diana*
Raymond*
Bones
Tom

Rooney* (chopping block)

Boots (currently in boxes)

Been hunting Marshal since day 1 but haven't even seen a single squirrel yet. Hopefully my luck changes tomorrow. Would also like Molly as my normal type villager since it feels wrong to exclude the personality entirely... despite how much it grates me

Oct 26, 2017
My squad:

Alice
Ankha
Apollo
Bam
Beau
Flo
Gayle
Julian
Ketchup
Marshal

Gayle is first priority to move out. Then Flo and Bam. All three were part of our starting group. I really want Bam gone but am hopeful he gives me all of the Jock reactions first.

The reactions are soooo stingy though. I feel like I would have to leave my game on all day in hopes that one of them gives me a reaction. Now I am worried I progressed too far with my friendship with them that they they have have moved on from giving reactions.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
This is still my current squad:

vNiuJr8.jpg

I have all their pictures now. I'm waiting until the next update before I make any changes, but at least half of them are permanent residents.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My current roster is:
Beau
Bam
Zell
Lopez
Kyle
Fang
Bruce
Chief
Wolfgang
Del

I have the photos of everyone but Bruce, Chief and Wolfgang, and Del is there until a friend has an empty plot, and will be replaced by Lobo once the time has come.
Things might change if Nintendo releases new villagers but that is going to be my roster for the foreseeable future. I know there's not a lot of diversity, but I just need my cute boys.

The reactions are soooo stingy though. I feel like I would have to leave my game on all day in hopes that one of them gives me a reaction. Now I am worried I progressed too far with my friendship with them that they they have have moved on from giving reactions.

You actually have to progress to at least best friends level with the villagers to give you the last reaction from each, and you still can receive the reactions preceding the friendship-locked one afterwards.

Oct 26, 2017
You actually have to progress to at least best friends level with the villagers to give you the last reaction from each, and you still can receive the reactions preceding the friendship-locked one afterwards.

Good to know. The pace they are given out has crawled to a near stop.

My main frustration/worry was that I have gotten 4 photos and only 3 reactions from each of those personality types.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have the Antique Bed and Antique wardrobe in the natural color that I can catalog?

Also looking for Palace Wall and Tile. Let me know what you're looking for in exchange.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Current Villager List

Fauna
Katt
Mac
Marshal
Octavian
Reneigh
Bob
Pashmina
O'Hare
Tipper

Previous Villagers

Zucker
Nibbles
Spike

I'm liking my current list of villagers but will check the camp to see if anyone cool is there.

Last edited:

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
Current villagers:

Sherb*
Raymond
Keaton *
Tybalt *
Gruff*
Phoebe
Ankah
Charlise *
Marina
Blue bear*

Eventually looking to move out a few of this roster since I have their photos.
Sherb, Raymond, Blue bear and Ankah are sticking around for a bit though.

asun

Nov 10, 2017
I got Billy visiting my campsite. Because Billy the Goat just sounds irresistible, it's time to kick someone out!

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's the 3 you have the highest friendship levels with.
Not sure... The three who threw me a party yesterday (Tia, Drake, and Ed) have all received plenty of gifts in my attempt to acquire villager photos, but I can think of a handful of villagers who have received more over time. And when my brother had his birthday last month, his least favorite villager (and the one with whom he interacts least) served as host for his party.

Odd. This party was done on my alt account and I never engage any of the villagers when using them. Funny enough though those three (Sherb, Blue bear and Raymond) are the island favorites for me.
Guess they knew I'd need their assistance with this.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
After many many tryouts I now have these folks and I think these might finally be staying for a longer time.

Reneigh
Ruby
Audie
Sylvana
Blanche
Gonzo
Ken
Kidd
Zucker
Bill

Pashmina
Nibbles
Molly
Judy
Robin
Rooney
Hamphrey
Shep
Rodeo
Drift

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Yeah he was my starter and I immediately fell in love. I kicked him due to him having a starter house and invited him to my second island instead. His real house is amazing.

Both Drift and Bill are so tiny and that makes everything they say about their huge muscles so much more fun. I don't think I would enjoy having jocks nearly as much if they were not adorable tiny bobbleheads.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah he was my starter and I immediately fell in love. I kicked him due to him having a starter house and invited him to my second island instead. His real house is amazing.

Both Drift and Bill are so tiny and that makes everything they say about their huge muscles so much more fun. I don't think I would enjoy having jocks nearly as much if they were not adorable tiny bobbleheads.
Mine was also a starter but he's never allowed to leave.

EY-C7qPU8AAZkTw

All good jocks are smol or radiate smol energy

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
...does Saharah leave at midnight or 5 AM?

I lost track of her on my island when I found her tonight after uhhh accidentally napping for a few hours; it was 11 something. So I didn't want to immediately talk to her instead of getting other stuff done fast. Then I couldn't find her again, reloaded a few times and ran all over, and eventually found her... except I had to run off to get rid of stuff in my inventory and lost her again.

Looked it up and found something saying she only left at reset, so I spent the past 30-45 minutes trying to find her again. I even started terraforming to cut off bridges. No dice. And then I looked it up again and saw conflicting information...

Not the end of the world but I really, really wish I'd not just wasted the past 45 minutes of my already limited night, why.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Mhmm, well, I'll keep looking for a bit but I don't want to waste even more time on this than the amount I already have, as I've found other results (on Reddit) saying midnight. I just can't believe the one time I went "I'll properly drop this stuff off instead of putting it down right where I'm standing" backfired.

clearacell

Oct 27, 2017
So I just got a 2nd photo from Zucker... he is one of my OGs so its understandable. He's my 2nd favorite behind Antonio but I let him go to my wifes island (which is also the eventual destination of zucker). Its weird that for some villagers I'm more than happy to get their photo but for others its like a ticket to finally get rid of them. Like Judy is such a terrible villager I don't know how she can be someone's favorite. I think I only may keep her around so she can be the Harley Quinn to my Pietros Joker when I start doing my superhero island for my next phase.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Like Judy is such a terrible villager I don't know how she can be someone's favorite.
For me there is a single terrible villager and that is Barold. He's offensive. Change his lips and he would be like any other villager but right now he's terrible. That tiger tee too... just no.

The rest are more or less cute/cool/"ugly" and I definitely get why every single one of them have fans, and also why some don't like them. Too "cutesy", too "weird looking", too "ugly" and so on. Absolutely a legit reason to not want them.
I can also see how some can find lazy villagers off-putting with their talk of bugs (but then that's true for the whole personality), same with being bored of jocks or disliking the smugness of smugs.

But not understanding why others like villagers you don't like is very strange to me.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I decided to "cheat" to get a 5-star rating by just dumping huge grids of fencing and items everywhere... And then found out it doesn't stay 5-star if you clean it up after getting the rating. 😂For some reason I thought I'd get to keep it. What a waste of time and resources! It's a shame, because I really want a very natural island, with lots of wilderness, but it seems I'll have to do a lot more development if I want to maintain 5 stars.

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
Well tomorrow i will have Merengue on boxes, anyone wants to trade her? Im looking for this villager (Marshall, Judy, Ankha, Bob, Lolly).

Linius

Apr 2, 2020
nmJeAb4.jpg

This is my lovely crew. Once Sprinkle pings me she will be allowed to leave so Beau can move here. If Octavian happens to get the moving bubble I might let him go. Not sure if I want to keep 3 cranky boys around. Except for Kabuki (arrived 3 weeks ago) and Genji (arrived a few days ago) I have all their pictures.

I decided to "cheat" to get a 5-star rating by just dumping huge grids of fencing and items everywhere... And then found out it doesn't stay 5-star if you clean it up after getting the rating. 😂For some reason I thought I'd get to keep it. What a waste of time and resources! It's a shame, because I really want a very natural island, with lots of wilderness, but it seems I'll have to do a lot more development if I want to maintain 5 stars.

Not really, you at least got that golden can DIY now. And if you keep developing your island the way you like it you will end up on 5 stars at some point again. Other than that recipe and the occasional lily of the valley there's nothing special about 5 stars. I haven't had 5 stars in ages now because I keep my spare recipes on the beach and Isabelle does not like that.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
Not really, you at least got that golden can DIY now. And if you keep developing your island the way you like it you will end up on 5 stars at some point again. Other than that recipe and the occasional lily of the valley there's nothing special about 5 stars. I haven't had 5 stars in ages now because I keep my spare recipes on the beach and Isabelle does not like that.
True enough.

KhrVjkz.jpg

Here's my island's crew. Elvis is definitely who I want to leave the most. Agnes and Snake are also on the chopping block - I love them both, but I have their photos and they have starter homes. I think the only animals to leave my island were Pango and Anacotti. I wish I had their photos or at least their posters but I didn't know about either of those things at the time.

I really want Erik, Dom, Julian or Marshall next.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
So I just got a 2nd photo from Zucker... he is one of my OGs so its understandable. He's my 2nd favorite behind Antonio but I let him go to my wifes island (which is also the eventual destination of zucker). Its weird that for some villagers I'm more than happy to get their photo but for others its like a ticket to finally get rid of them. Like Judy is such a terrible villager I don't know how she can be someone's favorite. I think I only may keep her around so she can be the Harley Quinn to my Pietros Joker when I start doing my superhero island for my next phase.
Photos can be annoying. Katt is my starter and I don't like her but I refuse to let her go until she gives me her photo. I invested way too much iron, clay and bells into her for her to leave without giving me that pesky photo!

And I agree about Judy, I met her on an island and my god is she hideous (as is her house). I know beauty lies in the eye of the beholder but she is so insanely ugly that I could never have her on my island. But I'm a fan of villagers that look relatively close to the animals they're based on, such as Flora, Molly, Fauna, Lily, Apollo, Ruby or Erik. It's a shame normals are so boring, they are so many great normal designs but the personality is just meh.

Linius

Apr 2, 2020
Yeah I let Marina go because she was boring, but there are a ton of cute normals. And I might end up never inviting a normal again. I'd make an exception for Fauna though if she ever happens to grace my campsite.

Linius

Apr 2, 2020
I find arcade and diner areas much more suitable for outside. I've made a very small area with the arcade machines. Basically incorporated in it's surroundings. I wanted it to be there but not too on the nose. A diner area will follow in the future in a different spot on the island.

UpKJLH4.jpg

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Redd is such an asshole. He's only shown up twice after the initial appearance and both times he has the gall to sell me 4 fake paintings. Wish I could toss him into the ocean and commandeer his shitty boat

Status
Not open for further replies.