• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coriander

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
My villager Alice is in boxes today.

Alice is a tiny normal-type koala with enormous blue eyes. I should also note that Alice repeatedly has made my buddy Elmer mopey and upset, causes the normally unflappable Gonzo to stomp around in a rage, and has sent me on the only apology-gift quests I've had to undertake on my island. Also, twice in the past when I've given her gifts that allegedly she liked, they ended up in the town recycling bin a couple of days later. In consequence, I persuaded the deluded marsupial that a poop hat is the height of fashion, and she's worn it ever since.

Feel free to claim her if you enjoy discord and upset neighbors.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
They were super tacky, but I really do miss furniture sets like the Lovely and Robo furniture

All the furniture feels so "real" in this game, they got rid of most of the silly garish cartoony furniture sets that had been around since the first game...

The Chess Set would have been fantastic for outdoor decor as well

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
They were super tacky, but I really do miss furniture sets like the Lovely and Robo furniture

All the furniture feels so "real" in this game, they got rid of most of the silly garish cartoony furniture sets that had been around since the first game...

The Chess Set would have been fantastic for outdoor decor as well
I have to assume they're coming back at some point. Maybe Reese/Cyrus will open up a shop/expansion where they sell older furniture sets, and ideally the option to "customize" existing furniture into different colors (ie, the Rattan series has like 3 different color variants of each)

I really miss the astro series ;-;

Oct 26, 2017
My villager Alice is in boxes today.

Alice is a tiny normal-type koala with enormous blue eyes. I should also note that Alice repeatedly has made my buddy Elmer mopey and upset, causes the normally unflappable Gonzo to stomp around in a rage, and has sent me on the only apology-gift quests I've had to undertake on my island. Also, twice in the past when I've given her gifts that allegedly she liked, they ended up in the town recycling bin a couple of days later. In consequence, I persuaded the deluded marsupial that a poop hat is the height of fashion, and she's worn it ever since.

Feel free to claim her if you enjoy discord and upset neighbors.

man that's a bad experience with Alice. We love Alice, she's the only villager on our island that loves to read and breaks out her glasses when she does. She's a sweetie. I think I saw her make one villager upset, but it was typical stuff like a misunderstanding. Now that I think about our other normal had the same thing happen, so maybe it is a normal type issue where they are direct with other villagers and that causes misunderstandings.

Rayen

Oct 29, 2017
image0.jpg

I finally completed my cat utopia, though I do want to replace Kabuki eventually because Tom is my current favourite and him having an identical personality on the island is a tad annoying.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Hey guys, new here and maybe someone can help me, I'm having a difficult time finding the info I need.

I've rebuilt my island pretty much from scratch and just now realized that I need some specific nature structures to get some special fish. I've done a pond on the second level, I think there's not much I can do wrong there? Now the more difficult part, there seems to be a fish only appearing near waterfalls and one where the sea joins in on my island. Does the waterfall need to go to the ground (0) level or can I do it from level 2 to level 1? And about the connecting sea-island fish, does that need any special structure?

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
Set out to find a replacement Snooty character. I was set on trying to find Tasha, but came across Pecan. What are the chances of finding another snooty squirrel with these next 5 nook tickets.

>___<

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Offering Goose again, he's in boxes today:

c4XB4qF.png

Maybe someone with an empty plot wants him or can take him, kick him out and I can take him back. I know it's a long shot but why not try. :)

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, new here and maybe someone can help me, I'm having a difficult time finding the info I need.

I've rebuilt my island pretty much from scratch and just now realized that I need some specific nature structures to get some special fish. I've done a pond on the second level, I think there's not much I can do wrong there? Now the more difficult part, there seems to be a fish only appearing near waterfalls and one where the sea joins in on my island. Does the waterfall need to go to the ground (0) level or can I do it from level 2 to level 1? And about the connecting sea-island fish, does that need any special structure?

I would like to know this as well. Because like you, I realize late that about fishes appearing near waterfalls at the upper levels.

someday

Oct 25, 2017
I got Zucker's photo yesterday and Octavian's today! That puts me at 7 total.

I've got Biskit in boxes today. He's actually really sweet but I had 3 lazies (and one is Zucker) so Biskit and Puck have to go. If anyone is interested in him, let me know.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
My peppy villager moved, so I shopped around for a few peppy villagers I had in mind, and ended up getting Flora for 10 miles tickets. ^_^ Think it be a while till I'll let a villager move now.

Oct 27, 2017
Sherb is crafting the zen-style stone if anyone needs it.

I'm also giving away the following spare DIYs:

Bonsai shelf
Deer scare
Golden arowana model
Golden wall
Iron garden chair (2)
Iron garden table
Ironwood clock
Iron worktable
Log bench
Peach rug (2)
Peach surprise box
Shell speaker
Shell wreath

I don't need anything in return, although I am looking for the flower wreath and crown recipes on this list:

Wishlist by cupcakeunicorn | Animal Crossing Item and Villager Database - VillagerDB

View Wishlist, a list by cupcakeunicorn containing 5 items

Last edited:

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden

I don't know of any fish near waterfalls. There are only "clifftop river" and (any) "river", nothing about being close to the waterfalls specifically. Any river on level 1 or 2 will work.
The river mouth fish spawn in the area of the river we can't edit so no worries about them!

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York

An hour long video on the roles of animal neighbors in Animal Crossing and how they've been getting less important as time goes on

I'll have to sit down later and find some time to watch it

Rayen

Oct 29, 2017
Kabuki is crafting the cool pansy wreath (the all purple one) if anyone still needs it. Just follow the road to the right from the airport.

Closed.

Last edited:

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
I don't know of any fish near waterfalls. There are only "clifftop river" and (any) "river", nothing about being close to the waterfalls specifically. Any river on level 1 or 2 will work.
The river mouth fish spawn in the area of the river we can't edit so no worries about them!
Thanks a lot! I've seen plenty of guides with weird locations, so that's good to hear. Looks like I'm set then.

Deleted member 59848

Alt Account
Banned
Sep 8, 2019
I really want to gift a jukebox to my SO. Could anyone sell one to me? (I know there are marketplaces but would rather do it here if I can.) I can pay a fairly high price. Please DM me if you can help.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I wish Nintendo would have a separate closet just for clothing items.
I wish the Tool Ring was an inventory as well. It would free up 8 slots and be so convenient.

So uh... all the villagers you invite to the party at Harv's get that plate thing they gift you.
And put them up in their homes.

Rodeo replaced his PC.
J2IseIr.jpg

This is absolutely bonkers. I know many people don't care about the homes but I am basically picking all of my villagers based on what their homes look like and this just ruined the houses of eight of my villagers. It makes Rodeo look like a creep too...
Oh. Oh no. I just did the quest and invited a bunch of mine. I haven't even checked their houses yet. I'm afraid to see what I'm gonna get.

When fishing, never play docked. You need instant input when trying to catch big ticket fish.
Is the delay on the Pro controller that bad? Is there still a delay when it's connected directly to the console via USB?

Can these Nook twins get a different color surf board. Whats going on at the warehouse?!!
Oh god yes please. Why is there only two summer items? All I get is the surfboard and fan and it's always the same color that I already have.

I ended up with like four different colors within a day. I don't even remember picking up half of them. 😂
Mine is always the black and green one. I already had one before summer that I put on my beach. I never get the alternates.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a guy Octavian is. Dude mailed me a mystic statue and I thought it would be a fake. NOPE, it's the real deal. I'll have to repay him back in a big way. Louie (or was it Boone that mailed me a fake wistful painting) can learn a lot from Octavian

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Because just like any other piece of furniture, your store only has one particular colour in a set. That's why you don't get the alternates. That's also why you only ever get, say, if you have the blue imperial pieces, only the blue imperial pieces. Or if you have the yellow cute pieces, you only ever get yellow cute pieces.

What a guy Octavian is. Dude mailed me a mystic statue and I thought it would be a fake. NOPE, it's the real deal. I'll have to repay him back in a big way. Louie (or was it Boone that mailed me a fake wistful painting) can learn a lot from Octavian

Smug villagers only can send you fakes. Cranky villagers only send you statues (and the wild painting, since that mechanically functions as a statue as well), real or fake. Lazy and jock villagers can send you any piece of art, fake or real. Female villagers do not send art.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I'm about to have an empty plot in a couple days and I really think I might go with Octavian. I need a Cranky, plus Lucky is the only other boy on my island right now.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
I really want to gift a jukebox to my SO. Could anyone sell one to me? (I know there are marketplaces but would rather do it here if I can.) I can pay a fairly high price. Please DM me if you can help.

Are you still looking for one? I won't be able to help out until later tonight though.

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017
Can someone help me out? It's been 2 days in a row and I haven't had a rock respawn. Every area of my island is blocked off with mannequins except here:

OWqKY1W.jpg

I don't get why they're not spawning here. On top of this, some of my bamboo has stopped growing:

Gj6WqGB.jpg

If it weren't for my flowers growing, I'd swear my whole island has paused.

It's also Day 10 of not getting a lily with a 5 star island.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure if bamboo can grow outside of the spring season. And lily of the valley can take several days. You'll have to be patient.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Celeste is boxed in on the beach near my house. Feel free to shop and take DIYs next to the store. Agent S is now crafting the hanging terrarium and lives on the left side of my island.

Closed, thanks to all who visited!

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
...so I may have just accidentally stumbled into an annoying quirk about how the game handles villagers crafting.

I started playing today for the first time at at around 3:45 PM, so the first villager should be crafting till 6:45. I quickly located the crafter, Cookie, but wasn't really paying attention to what she said beyond the recipe name (which was a dupe) as I jammed through text while multitasking/talking on the phone. Did some other stuff, saved and quit.

Came back just now at 7:45 and loaded, so it should be the start of a new 3 hour crafting period. Couldn't find anyone doing it, though! And then I thought to check Cookie. Turns out she was still doing it, and immediately handed me a recipe. Cause apparently I'd had a full inventory when I talked to her, and she had been waiting to give me the recipe once I removed an item.

And that in itself would obviously be fine, even appreciated - it's nice that they let you not miss the recipe. But the problem is that after I left her house, she's still the only villager that's crafting! I even saved, quit, loaded and she's still doing it. Did her not being able to give me the recipe seriously just completely pause her crafting time, and she now has almost all of her 3 hours left? Cause if so, now I'm probably only getting a single (supe) recipe for the entire day given that her time will now last till ~10:45 PM, and it may pick someone who's sleeping after that! That sucks...

ArcaneStar_

Sep 14, 2018
Can someone help me out? It's been 2 days in a row and I haven't had a rock respawn. Every area of my island is blocked off with mannequins except here:

OWqKY1W.jpg

I don't get why they're not spawning here. On top of this, some of my bamboo has stopped growing:

Gj6WqGB.jpg

If it weren't for my flowers growing, I'd swear my whole island has paused.

It's also Day 10 of not getting a lily with a 5 star island.

You can't have more than 3 rocks in a single dotted square of your island and it appears that your garden is entirely on a single square, being the one on the bottom left. You have to position it so half of it is in a quadrant and the other half of the rocks in the other, make a garden that is crossed by a dotted line of your map horizontally or vertically with 3 rocks in one side and the other 3 on the other.

And for the bamboo, they are too close to each other I think. I would recommend that you grow the bamboo tree separately and then dig it up by eating a fruit and then putting it there. They won't grow like that in that position with so many trees around it but you can put an already fully grown tree there no problem. It's weird

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
You can't have more than 3 rocks in a single dotted square of your island and it appears that your garden is entirely on a single square, being the one on the bottom left. You have to position it so half of it is in a quadrant and the other half of the rocks in the other, make a garden that is crossed by a dotted line of your map horizontally or vertically with 3 rocks in one side and the other 3 on the other.
That has been debunked tho. :S

Status
Not open for further replies.