• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Coco is crafting a peach rug. Message me if you want to talk to her.

I also have the following spare DIYs on the beach next to my airport:

Beekeeper's hive
Bamboo partition
Coconut juice
Golden wall (2)
Iron garden chair
Iron garden table
Ironwood clock
Kettle bathtub
Log bench
Music stand
Shell speaker
Water pump
Wooden-block bed

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
How much do you need? I have a couple of stacks (30 units each) that I could give you.
Just whatever you can spare, it's not an urgent need and I wouldn't want to take anything you might use. I've been using it for crafting gifts each day, and I've run out. Not having as much luck getting it from rocks as I once did.

There was a point early on when I had a bunch of stacks and nothing to use them for, so I thought maybe somebody else would be in that boat currently.

OneEyedJuliet

Jan 20, 2020
Just whatever you can spare, it's not an urgent need and I wouldn't want to take anything you might use. I've been using it for crafting gifts each day, and I've run out. Not having as much luck getting it from rocks as I once did.

There was a point early on when I had a bunch of stacks and nothing to use them for, so I thought maybe somebody else would be in that boat currently.
I hoarded a lot of clay and iron to make wall iron lamps as gifts for my villagers to level up their friendship, but now that I only have 3 villagers left to give my their picture, I'm using a lot less, so I have a lot of clay to spare :)

I'll be online in a couple of hours, if it's okay with you, I'll send you a Dodo when I'm ready.

holeung

Oct 28, 2017
So villager indeed would give you their photo not only once??
I just got Melba's photo again.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I know it New Leaf I received photos twice several times, the villagers' goodbye letters were always an easy way to get a second copy if we were good enough friends.

Has there been any communication or update at all about the one time transfer? Dunked my switch in water, new one arriving soon. Googled to see what recovery options are for my save but all the results are from around the February direct.
Unfortunately there has been no news yet on this.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Villagers have a 'memory' of the 64 last gifts they gave you. While the photo is on that list, they won't give it to you again, but once you cycled it out of it, you are able to get it again.

Speaking of gifts, Wolfgang just sent me a Holiday Sweater (the one with the christmas tree print), which also 100% confirms that they can gift you out of season clothing. Making it even less worth to ignore/bully them if you don't like them.

holeung

Oct 28, 2017
In New Leaf I had a basement full of duplicate villager photos.

I know it New Leaf I received photos twice several times, the villagers' goodbye letters were always an easy way to get a second copy if we were good enough friends.

Unfortunately there has been no news yet on this.
Didn't know about that. NH is my first AC game!
What ironic is that Melba just asked my permission to leave, I decided no, to let it transfer to one of those lazy characters hopefully. So I quitted the game without answering, and then I hit her with the net making the bubble go away so that I can gift her stuff. And she gifted me back with her photo, lol.

Villagers have a 'memory' of the 64 last gifts they gave you. While the photo is on that list, they won't give it to you again, but once you cycled it out of it, you are able to get it again.

Speaking of gifts, Wolfgang just sent me a Holiday Sweater (the one with the christmas tree print), which also 100% confirms that they can gift you out of season clothing. Making it even less worth to ignore/bully them if you don't like them.
Yeah, they can gift you out of the season clothing, just of a much slimmer chance I reckon.
I remembered I got a down jacket from them.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I'm doing a last chance thing with my current spare DIYs.
This list should be updated after the last raid but I cannot be 100% sure.
DM me if you wanna come over. Will close in a little bit since I am doing this because I wanna terraform today and I need my space back.
All stores are closed and I do not need anything watered so feel free to come snipe something you need.

Closed!

Last edited:

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
Today Clay was moving out just had a player come over and invite for the first time had no idea the door shuts completely when this happens didn't even get to say goodbye to the lil guy :(

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Today Clay was moving out just had a player come over and invite for the first time had no idea the door shuts completely when this happens didn't even get to say goodbye to the lil guy :(
Yeah they go with the person when they leave. If you talk to them after they have been adopted but before the person goes home you get some nice dialogue.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah they go with the person when they leave. If you talk to them after they have been adopted but before the person goes home you get some nice dialogue.

Ooh. I'll have to do that once the person designated to recruit Del does it. They keep their memory of you as well, if you let them move to somebody else, right?

Titchyman

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if snowballs respawn? Or even just the conditions for them to spawn? Most of my island is pathed/paved so I've put down a 10x10 area of grass in the hope of getting one to show up, and am not having any luck.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Ooh. I'll have to do that once the person designated to recruit Del does it. They keep their memory of you as well, if you let them move to somebody else, right?
Yep, so if you go visit them at the island you sent them to they will know you :)

I actually had a great thing happen with a void adoption. I toured mostly for critter catching purposes (since I have all amiibo and the three new villagers I want) and decided to let Nook sell my plot to a voided villager. Was planning on kicking them out anyway and was curious who would show up.
It said Ruby on the plot the day after, didn't think much of it. Some people void popular villagers (like me). When I went to greet her as she was unpacking she didn't say where she was from but she clearly recognized me and didn't really introduce herself like if she was new. I thought all voided villagers told you were they came from! Couldn't believe this could be anything but a void adoption since I travel every day and voids take priority but it was strange she wouldn't tell me where she was from.
I started thinking... could this really be...
I invited my partner, not saying who had bought the plot and asked him to go say hi. Ruby was SO happy to see him again because it turns out this was my partner's Ruby that he voided about a month and a half ago! He only let her go because he got Octavian and their houses felt too similar. She has seriously been sitting in the void for over a month! I had her on my shortlist but removed her because I had kinda decided against two peppy villagers, but I was not sure at all what to double up on instead and when it turned out to be my partner's Ruby I of course could not kick her out. I shuffled my plans around a bit so that they fit around her and I am probably more happy with my island residents now than what I would have been with my original plan. Best Ruby!

holeung

Oct 28, 2017
Wisp for the first time gave me a furniture (I answered something new) I already had but in different variation.
Pretty sure there are something I am still missing, like the jail bar, server or any kind of piano.
Again proved he sucks.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Wisp for the first time gave me a furniture (I answered something new) I already had but in different variation.
Pretty sure there are something I am still missing, like the jail bar, server or any kind of piano.
Again proved he sucks.
Different variation is a different item in the catalog, should be the same chance as an actually different item.
He can also only give pretty cheap items. I think someone said items costing less than 2500 bells. No chance for a laptop or kitchen island from the little buddy I'm afraid.

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
Again proved he sucks.

Yeah i dislike Wisp, choosing either option he doesn't give good items.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Again proved he sucks.
I do not think he would give DIY items like the jail bars based off of the items he has given me in the past.

holeung

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah,
did know jail bar is a DIY item.
So there is a price limit of Wisp item.
If you have obtained all the items in that pool,
he will start giving you item in different variation that you don't have.

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah,
did know jail bar is a DIY item.
So there is a price limit of Wisp item.
If you have obtained all the items in that pool,
he will start giving you item in different variation that you don't have.

basically gives you something you don't already have and variations count as new. So you may have an entire diner set but maybe only in two colors, well that still leaves 3-4 other colors across all the diner items that are technically new to you still.

Im pretty sure wisp pulls what is new to you from what isn't in your catalog, gives you something "expensive" from what's in your catalog.

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone need the raccoon figurine? Walt is crafting it.

I also have the following duplicate recipes to give away:

Bamboo partition
Golden wall (2)
Iron garden chair
Iron garden table
Ironwood clock
Kettle bathtub
Log bench
Peach rug
Shell speaker
Starry-sands flooring
Wooden-block bed
Water pump

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017

Bamboo partition
Golden wall (2)
Iron garden chair
Iron garden table
Ironwood clock
Kettle bathtub
Log bench
Peach rug
Shell speaker
Starry-sands flooring
Wooden-block bed
Water pump

Crap I needed that!

—————————————
I really wish the game would let you know the limit for inclines is 8. Now I need to move the buildings back and start over.

explains why a lot of islands don't have 3 tiers

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I tried to go heavy on earning villagers' pictures and I think the iron grind for wall lamps burned me out on the game.

I was a lot more engaged when I was just decorating to try to get 5* (still nope). It didn't help that the burn out coincided with this grindy and kinda lame wedding event.

I have my favorite villagers' photos (Benedict and Julian) so I'll probably stop doing that and shift back to terraforming.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Is getting 5 star rating that hard? I have done it twice without much effort.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I tried to go heavy on earning villagers' pictures and I think the iron grind for wall lamps burned me out on the game.

I was a lot more engaged when I was just decorating to try to get 5* (still nope). It didn't help that the burn out coincided with this grindy and kinda lame wedding event.

I have my favorite villagers' photos (Benedict and Julian) so I'll probably stop doing that and shift back to terraforming.
I thought I'd go back to try and get some of the wedding items but ended up just never going back. That event is really uninteresting. I'd rather have Blather's remind me about stamps forever than go through the process of flying to a separate island for that "challenge".

I think as soon as anything in this game can be described as grinding, the fun will stop shortly after. I've luckily managed to meet my goals by just enjoying the game at my own pace for now. Just noticed today I got 5* and that's mostly just from trying to pretty up a few areas of my town and developing a few concept areas (I just added a band stand with a badass gnome trio).

Bii

Oct 25, 2017

Do you know if your friendship status with said villagers are at least level 5? Because if they're not there, you should just give them gift-wrapped boomerangs. The difference between giving a boomerang (50% chance of getting an item back) and an iron wall lamp (100% getting an item back) to a villager with level 4 friendship or less is only 2 points.

The Nightsky

Oct 27, 2017
I thought I'd go back to try and get some of the wedding items but ended up just never going back. That event is really uninteresting. I'd rather have Blather's remind me about stamps forever than go through the process of flying to a separate island for that "challenge".

I think as soon as anything in this game can be described as grinding, the fun will stop shortly after.
I don't see any reason to grind it, it's a whole month. Once a week or so is how I'm doing it.

holeung

Oct 28, 2017

If you are a bellionaire, you can just order 5 antique phone(16k) which is also a wall mounted item. With the iron nugget from those 6 or 5 stones on the island, that adds up to 8 to 9 gifts everyday. No grinding needed for me.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Today my starter jock Goose asked to leave my island and for some reason it made me really sad. This didn't happen with the villagers that left before him, I was basically always like "whatever, good luck wherever it is you're going". Why am I so attached to a judogi-wearing videogame rooster?? It must be covid and the quarantine. I couldn't say no because he would have been stuck in his hideous starter house forever. I know I can always get him back later, but it won't be the same Goose and he won't remember me, and that makes me sad.

EaPthdMVAAAczkh

4qbHhsE.gif

I know he's not popular, but he will be in boxes tomorrow if anyone wants to adopt him. He is a very sweet jock villager, who likes to sing, especially Stale Cupcakes, and for some reason likes crafting wreathes! He gave me several wreath DIYs when most of my other villagers have given me (n)one. Save him from the scary depths of the void!

someday

Oct 25, 2017

I did the iron wall lamps for a little bit but have found that a wrapped piece of fruit does the job just as well. I've gotten more photos from that and I'm saving my iron nuggets. I got Puck's photo today (finally!) and now I'm up to 5 or 6.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
I did the iron wall lamps for a little bit but have found that a wrapped piece of fruit does the job just as well. I've gotten more photos from that and I'm saving my iron nuggets. I got Puck's photo today (finally!) and now I'm up to 5 or 6.
I got all my photos from gifting wrapped fossils, clothing or fruit. Meanwhile, the two villagers whose photos I want the most because I want to kick them have been showered in Iron Wall Lamps for weeks and they are the only ones who have not given me their photo.

SUBZERO-08

Oct 25, 2017
Out of curiosity, what is the purpose of giving Iron Wall Lamps to villagers as gifts? Does it have a higher chance of getting a picture in return?

Personally, I just buy a flooring or wallpaper worth >2000 Bells and give them that.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Out of curiosity, what is the purpose of giving Iron Wall Lamps to villagers as gifts? Does it have a higher chance of getting a picture in return?

Personally, I just buy a flooring or wallpaper worth >2000 Bells and give them that.

It's worth 10k (or 2500 bells when selling) so you always get a gift back, is furniture for the maximum value of friendship points, is a wall-mounted item so they don't actually display it, and doesn't cost a lot of resources. It's ideal for maximizing friendship points.

Maaka

Oct 27, 2017

Bamboo partition
Golden wall (2)
Iron garden chair
Iron garden table
Ironwood clock
Kettle bathtub
Log bench
Peach rug
Shell speaker
Starry-sands flooring
Wooden-block bed
Water pump

If that starry-sands flooring is still up for grabs, may I take it?

OneEyedJuliet

Jan 20, 2020
Today my starter jock Goose asked to leave my island and for some reason it made me really sad. This didn't happen with the villagers that left before him, I was basically always like "whatever, good luck wherever it is you're going". Why am I so attached to a judogi-wearing videogame rooster?? It must be covid and the quarantine. I couldn't say no because he would have been stuck in his hideous starter house forever. I know I can always get him back later, but it won't be the same Goose and he won't remember me, and that makes me sad.

EaPthdMVAAAczkh

4qbHhsE.gif

I know he's not popular, but he will be in boxes tomorrow if anyone wants to adopt him. He is a very sweet jock villager, who likes to sing, especially Stale Cupcakes, and for some reason likes crafting wreathes! He gave me several wreath DIYs when most of my other villagers have given me (n)one. Save him from the scary depths of the void!
Goose is my starter jock, too. I wouldn't know what to do if he asked me to leave, I love him so much!

Oct 27, 2017
Updated list of spare DIYs if anyone needs something:

Golden arowana model
Golden wall
Iron garden chair
Iron garden table (2)
Ironwood clock
Kettle bathtub
Log bench
Music stand
Peach rug
Peach surprise box
Shell speaker
Wooden-block bed

If anyone has something from my wishlist I can catalogue, particularly the red or silver double-door refrigerator or red system kitchen, please let me know.

Wishlist by cupcakeunicorn | Animal Crossing Item and Villager Database - VillagerDB

View Wishlist, a list by cupcakeunicorn containing 5 items

Last edited:

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
dataminers have found something in the code called "GardenTent". its possible Leif will get a starter tent similar to the museum and eventually his own building.

I've spent several hours on twitter, google and reddit and found nothing to confirm this. Could you link me the source for this?

clearacell

Oct 27, 2017
Antonio is my starting jock I still haven't got rid of him but I am gonna get him to go on my wifes island so he can have his real house and still be the same antonio

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Updated list of spare DIYs if anyone needs something:

Golden arowana model
Golden wall
Iron garden chair
Iron garden table (2)
Ironwood clock
Kettle bathtub
Log bench
Music stand
Peach rug
Peach surprise box
Shell speaker
Wooden-block bed

If anyone has something from my wishlist I can catalogue, particularly the red or silver double-door refrigerator or red system kitchen, please let me know.

Wishlist by cupcakeunicorn | Animal Crossing Item and Villager Database - VillagerDB

View Wishlist, a list by cupcakeunicorn containing 5 items
I have a silver double door fridge you can catalog. May I please take the iron garden table in return?

Status
Not open for further replies.