• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OneEyedJuliet

Jan 20, 2020
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, we need a way to reset villager homes to their default stage. It can be a function of the HHA, and a good reason to add their associated NPCs to resident services.
Yes please, I'm at that stage of friendship with all my villagers where they all stop me to buy or swap things from my inventory, usually fishes and bugs. Their homes look terrible now.

PunishedOkabe

From a certain point of view, this isn't a copy
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have roses available to buy at Nooks Cranny? I want to start with hybrids

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Is anybody else missing their clothesline recipe?

I know I had the recipe and even crafted one originally because my campsite has one alongside it.

But my recipe is completely missing I checked my catalog and it didnt show up either so I had to pick it up again to add it to my catalog.

This is one of the recipes that nook hands out early on when you are setting up the town and I don't believe it can be obtained through any other method.
The recipes you get at the start are random. Some get the stone furniture, some get log stuff, some get iron garden table/chair and others get the natural garden table/chair. Swinging bench, hay bed, birdhouse, birdbath, water pump. All random. Every single recipe from those sets can be gotten in other ways. The clothesline is a cranky pool recipe for example.

Mob

Oct 25, 2017
I have some DIYs to give away:

Apple dress

Apple dress

Bamboo doll

Bamboo drum

Bamboo flooring

Bamboo noodle slide

Bamboo sphere

Bamboo-shoot lamp

Barrel

Basket pack

Basket pack

Birdbath

Birdbath

Bonfire

Brown herringbone wall

Butter churn

Cardboard chair

Cherry speakers

Cherry-blossom clock

Classic pitcher

Cutting Board

Dark lily wreath

Dark wooden-mosaic wall

Fancy mum wreath

Golden dishes

Golden dung beetle

Golden dung beetle

Green-leaf pile

Honeycomb flooring

Hyacinth lamp

Leaf

Log Bench

Log chair

Log dining table

Log extra-long sofa

Mountain standee

Natural garden table

Orange end table

Orange end table

Orange umbrella

Pan flute

Peach chair

Peach chair

Peach hat

Pile of zen cushions

Rustic-stone wall

Sarkura-wood wall

Shell fountain

Shell speaker

Shell Wreath

Stacked Magazines

Starry-sands flooring

Steel-frame wall

Tiki torch

Tiny library

Tree branch wreath

Tree branch wreath

Trophy case

Tropical vista

Tulip surprise box

Underwater flooring

Western-style stone

Western-style stone

Wooden chair

Wooden end table

Wooden stool

Wooden toolbox

Wooden-block stool

Wooden-block stool

Wooden-mosaic wall

Wooden-plank sign

Woodland wall

Please help me get rid of them!
Could I get some of these please?
I need:
Cherry Speaker
Leaf
Orange Umbrella
Peach Chair
Shell Speaker

Easy_G

Dec 11, 2017
California
I can make an Ironwood Kitchenette for you, if you want. Also have a spare Cutting Board DIY recipe you can have.
I don't have NSO, which would be needed right? If I don't need it, then that would be awesome! If I do, then I really appreciate the help, but I'll stick to the old fashioned wait and see approach. I'll practice my Zen patience.

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
Lucky Sunday continues. I randomly found a nook miles Shark Island, where all the fish are sharks or suckerfish.

IUwYuJP.jpg

d5ej2DP.jpg

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
I have some DIYs to give away:

Apple dress

Bamboo doll

Bamboo drum

Bamboo flooring

Bamboo noodle slide

Bamboo sphere

Bamboo-shoot lamp

Barrel

Basket pack

Basket pack

Birdbath

Birdbath

Bonfire

Brown herringbone wall

Cherry-blossom clock

Classic pitcher

Cutting Board

Dark wooden-mosaic wall

Golden dishes

Golden dung beetle

Golden dung beetle

Green-leaf pile

Log Bench

Log chair

Log dining table

Log extra-long sofa

Log wall-mounted clock

Natural garden table

Orange end table

Orange end table

Pan flute

Peach chair

Peach hat

Rustic-stone wall

Shell fountain

Steel-frame wall

Tiki torch

Tiny library

Tree branch wreath

Tree branch wreath

Tulip surprise box

Western-style stone

Western-style stone

Wooden chair

Wooden end table

Wooden stool

Wooden toolbox

Wooden-block stool

Wooden-block stool

Wooden-mosaic wall

Wooden-plank sign

Woodland wall

Please help me get rid of them!

May I please have the log chair, log table and log sofa if they are still available?

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Oh, God! The lack of inventory space is killing me, and it seems you can't craft using materials in storage? I'm saving up the 5000 miles now to add another row of inventory space, I should hopefully have it soon.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
I am almost 100% certain that you only get the birthday items from villagers you have very high friendship with.
That would make a lot of sense then. Two of the villagers I gave the cupcakes to have been on my island for a month or less and likely aren't at level 5 friendship yet, and they were the only two who gave me general furniture/clothes instead of a birthday item.

Psyborg

Aug 6, 2018
I'm talking speculation here but does anyone think Nintendo will add the ability to add more buildings? I know you can do this with additional accounts (I have) but before I add 3rd and 4th alt accounts, I wanted to get some thoughts on the possibility of this being built into the main account. For example, I have all the ingredients to make an amazing looking Chinese restaurant..but where am I suppose to put it? In my house? Outside? They could go all out and give us siding options that look like different types of businesses as well.

This is easily at the top of my DLC wishlist. Anyone else thinking about this?

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm talking speculation here but does anyone think Nintendo will add the ability to add more buildings? I know you can do this with additional accounts (I have) but before I add 3rd and 4th alt accounts, I wanted to get some thoughts on the possibility of this being built into the main account. For example, I have all the ingredients to make an amazing looking Chinese restaurant..but where am I suppose to put it? In my house? Outside? They could go all out and give us siding options that look like different types of businesses as well.

This is easily at the top of my DLC wishlist. Anyone else thinking about this?

Doubt this will happen.
You'll have to use either a player house or outdoors for decorating and making businesses or what have you. I don't even think that they'll add proper infrastructure buildings beyond expansions to the existing ones.

Coriander

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Is anyone looking for the flower stand DIY? I've got Agnes crafting it for a while longer. Shoot me a message if you want to visit.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I just bought my 3rd row of inventory space, when does the 4th become available? Also, I'm really struggling for Iron as I destroyed my rocks on day one as I had no idea what I was doing, how long until they respawn?

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
I think I'm going for an island of only lily of the valley I'm to lazy to deal with duplicates spawning on city folk I didn't like dealing with flowers dying so I had all gold roses. I know it would look rather boring but I would be free from that hassle once I acquire all the flowers I can drop my rating down to 4.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
I have shot down 2 balloons but I didn't seem to get anything? The package fell but I couldn't see anything to loot.
If balloon packages fall on top of anything solid that isn't empty ground they'll bounce once in a random direction. If they have already bounced and again land in a non-empty spot or they fall on water they disappear. Maybe that happened? If so, try to shoot them down when there's some free room under them.

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY
So my friend is having some sort of meteor shower glitch where they just keep raining down. Its amazing. Ive wished on about 100 stars so far. Is there a daily limit? Do we onow?

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
So my friend is having some sort of meteor shower glitch where they just keep raining down. Its amazing. Ive wished on about 100 stars so far. Is there a daily limit? Do we onow?
There is no glitch, it's just a meteor shower.

As the host you can get either 30 or 40 fragments the next day, as a guest you are capped at 20. Wishing more than that in a day is just for the stamp.

Titchyman

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way of getting a villager to swap the wreath on their door? I gave Lopez one ages ago, and now want him to swap it for the mushroom one which I gave him a couple of days ago, but he's still displaying the first one I gave him.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way of getting a villager to swap the wreath on their door? I gave Lopez one ages ago, and now want him to swap it for the mushroom one which I gave him a couple of days ago, but he's still displaying the first one I gave him.

I think someone else asked about this the other day and someone mentioned that there may be an issue with giving seasonal wreaths in general? My guess is it's that they possibly just won't use it outside of the season, but I don't know if the issue is that for sure since I've only heard about it these two times (and I don't think we Northern players have one to test with).

EDIT: Hmm, poking around Reddit shows that I may be wrong and it is just any seasonal wreath, not just it not being out of season. Though unlike you, it seems some people had them display it for a few days before switching back. Which makes me have a second theory: maybe they only briefly use seasonal items as a defense for having them out when it's no longer fitting?

I guess one way to tell would be if the wedding plates from the current event stick around or not, though I guess I don't know if those technically count as seasonal anyway.

Last edited:

Titchyman

Oct 27, 2017
I think someone else asked about this the other day and someone mentioned that there may be an issue with giving seasonal wreaths in general? My guess is it's that they possibly just won't use it outside of the season, but I don't know if the issue is that for sure since I've only heard about it these two times (and I don't think we Northern players have one to test with).

Is the normal behaviour for them to just replace the first wreath with the second one you give? If so then the seasonal thing would make sense.

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
In theory it's cool that the villagers talk about what you did the day before but why does that amount to every single villager telling me about how much I hit the rocks every single day. I hit the rocks the exact amount of times the game wants me to hit the rocks, shut the heck up about the rocks

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
In theory it's cool that the villagers talk about what you did the day before but why does that amount to every single villager telling me about how much I hit the rocks every single day. I hit the rocks the exact amount of times the game wants me to hit the rocks, shut the heck up about the rocks
It's annoying having the exact same fossil dialog every single day because I dig up fossils every day

That's literally all my villagers ever seem to talk about

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It's annoying having the exact same fossil dialog every single day because I dig up fossils every day

That's literally all my villagers ever seem to talk about
It's just mind-numbing that they tied it to things people will be doing every single day. Like maybe if it only happens when you go out of your way to continually farm these things on island tours after you exhausted your own daily supply but this stuff clogs so much dialogue as is

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
My villagers seem to think I have severe money issues, with them watching me bury money everyday. I want to ask them who they think built this island and how.

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017
t_a57fe131b0de4a33b588d179be6f297c_name_20191002_TRUMP_ANGRY_V2_scaled.jpg

"My villagers seem to think I have severe money issues, with them watching me bury money everyday. I want to ask them who they think built this island and how."

gettyimages-1173248790.jpg

"Judging by the amount of money they contribute to bridges/inclines, their understanding of finances is lacking."

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
"My villagers seem to think I have severe money issues, with them watching me bury money everyday. I want to ask them who they think built this island and how."

"Judging by the amount of money they contribute to bridges/inclines, their understanding of finances is lacking."
Man, I get what you were trying to go for, but I do not want to see that orange fuckface when I open this thread.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Finally had a good day for Summer Shells today. Let's hope that continues.

Also add me to list of keeping this topic free from of the orange despot.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I don't have anything valuable to add to the discourse, but just want to bitch for a second about the game's fishing.

I sometimes hate this game's fishing system. Most of the time I'm able to catch fish with no issues. Sometimes I'm not able to catch fish because I was clearly a bit too slow. But then there are those times when you hit the button immediately after the fish bites, and you still lose the fish. It feels like the window of time to catch the fish varies by the slightest bit, almost arbitrarily. Maybe I'm wrong about this (I'm sure people have data-mined the game and can say objectively if I'm wrong about this) and I just wasn't as fast as I thought it was, but yeah.

It sucks... not even just because I lost the fish, but because it feels like there's no way to avoid losing fish sometimes. I've been playing the game since launch, and I still find myself occasionally looking up fishing guides to see if there's something I've missed this whole time. Like, maybe I'm pressing the action button too soon after hearing the sound? Or maybe I'm missing some other visual cue? Nope.

Don't get me wrong - I think the system on the whole is probably far more accessible than, say, Stardew Valley's. But I guess part of me still longs for SV's fishing system because it always felt consistent. Some fish were always hard to catch, but you could always see a very game-y visual representation of how you were doing as you were trying to catch it. As opposed to seeing the bob go down/hearing the sound/seeing the splash, immediately pressing the action button, and still seemingly losing the fish some percentage of the time.

Anyway, that's it for my rant.

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
Celeste coughed up the rocket recipe finally which means I only need 25 or is it 26 components to FINALLY make the giant robo!

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have anything valuable to add to the discourse, but just want to bitch for a second about the game's fishing.

I sometimes hate this game's fishing system. Most of the time I'm able to catch fish with no issues. Sometimes I'm not able to catch fish because I was clearly a bit too slow. But then there are those times when you hit the button immediately after the fish bites, and you still lose the fish. It feels like the window of time to catch the fish varies by the slightest bit, almost arbitrarily. Maybe I'm wrong about this (I'm sure people have data-mined the game and can say objectively if I'm wrong about this) and I just wasn't as fast as I thought it was, but yeah.

It sucks... not even just because I lost the fish, but because it feels like there's no way to avoid losing fish sometimes. I've been playing the game since launch, and I still find myself occasionally looking up fishing guides to see if there's something I've missed this whole time. Like, maybe I'm pressing the action button too soon after hearing the sound? Or maybe I'm missing some other visual cue? Nope.

Don't get me wrong - I think the system on the whole is probably far more accessible than, say, Stardew Valley's. But I guess part of me still longs for SV's fishing system because it always felt consistent. Some fish were always hard to catch, but you could always see a very game-y visual representation of how you were doing as you were trying to catch it. As opposed to seeing the bob go down/hearing the sound/seeing the splash, immediately pressing the action button, and still seemingly losing the fish some percentage of the time.

Anyway, that's it for my rant.

Question: are you playing docked, and do you noticed any other delayed inputs with your controller if so?

I ask because I've only extremely rarely had issues with timing for fishing, and that's been why. That, and good old me messing up and hesitating. Otherwise, you should be able to go by the audio and get it every time?

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Hey, I have Judy crafting Dark tulip crown.
dark-tulip-crown.ec00765.png

Drop by if you want a copy of the recipe, and maybe water my roses near the airport and just outside my house, just north of that, please?

Dodo code is
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Celeste coughed up the rocket recipe finally which means I only need 25 or is it 26 components to FINALLY make the giant robo!
Hahah congratulations nonetheless!

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
90% of the time, as soon as the lure catches the attention of a fish, I close my eyes or look away from the screen and just wait for the audio cue before I press the button. It seems to work much better for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.