• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Breed those purples to get some whites. Here's a chart that lays everything out:

d0163f84199068ebcfb1ca9680ce1be4b6d0552c.png

looks like I my purples are the ones in the second step of the backwards N method. So I should try to get hybrid white from seed white and yellow next. Have plenty of orange already. So getting the right hybrid purple will be the next challenge.

I basically scrapped my other gardening projects already to focus on blue and gold roses. Got a single gold rose already and planted a lot of red roses last night to produce more black roses.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Well today's villager hunt was pretty boring, non-stop lions, T-Bone like 5 times and Zucker being the highlight. Ended up just bailing out when I found Judy, I don't like her but eh, she's worth a lot of NMTs so maybe I can amiibo her out to fund my search for Poppy/Olivia.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, okay. It looks like I'm doing the BackwardsN method. I got the Purples from Seed White + Seed White and I planted Seed Yellows and Seed Whites together, so that will get me Hybrid Whites.

I might as well plant Seed Yellows with Seed Reds next because I already have a big row of Seed Reds grown. No reason not to get those cooking.

The method in that image is outdated and has several unnecessary steps, as a heads up. You can either read the post I made earlier or read the blue rose guide in this document, which is the same thing.

EDIT: I guess technically the BackwardsN method is close to the improved route. BN just opts for less steps near the end, but uses some lower % results to do so. So once you have "good purples", if you're having trouble getting purple + orange = orange results you may want to try the other route. And in the meantime, keep your test result yellows breeding together to get the white roses you can use for the other route.

Last edited:

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Checked island evaluation yesterday and I'm finally at 4-stars. Gonna have to do a lot of flower maneuvering so I can place more stuff if I want the 5-star all without terraforming

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Lately my Switch's fan goes nuts when I boot up this game, anyone else had this happen?

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
Breed those purples to get some whites. Here's a chart that lays everything out:

d0163f84199068ebcfb1ca9680ce1be4b6d0552c.png
Already got a good Purple Rose in the White Rose Path. Let's see if it does not take long to clone it and I can get my first multiuseful White. Dark Roses are almost ready for them.

Getting Blue Roses will be really hard, but the satisfaction level someone must feel after getting them on their own has to be really high. This seems to be the hardest part of the game, harder than getting the Golden Roses, at least for me.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Francine replaced the photo of her sister with the dumb wedding plate.

Restarting my island.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Fossils!

Please DM me or if you are on the ERA ACNH Discord DM me there please.

*DUPES
Acanthostega
Ankylo Skull
Ankylo Tail
Anomalocaris
Archelon Tail
Brachio Pelvis
Branchio Skull
Brachio Tail
Coprolite
Deinony Tail
Deinony Torso
Dimetrodon Skull
Dimetrodon Torso
Dinosaur Track
Diplo Pelvis
Diplo Skull
Diplo Tail Tip
Dunkleosteus
Iguanodon Skull
Iguanodon Tail
Iguanodon Torso
Left Megalo Side
Left Quetzal Wing
Mammoth Skull
Mammoth Torso
Megacero Skull
Megacero Tail
Megacero Torso
Myllokunmingia
Ophthalmo Skull
Ophthalmo Torso
Pachysaurus Tail
Parasaur Skull
Parasaur Tail
Parasaur Torso
Plesio Body
Plesio Skull
Ptera Body
Quetzal Torso
Right Megalo Side
Right Petra Wing
Right Quetzal Wing
Sabertooth Skull
Spino Skull
Spino Tail
Spino Torso
Stego Skull
Stego Tail
Stego Torso
Tricera Skull
Tricera Torso
Trilobite

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have any of these items they'd like to trade?
imgur.com

AC Wishlist

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

A few comments on stuff on the list that you may or may not know:
  • Bonsai shelf is a DIY. It needs bonsais from both spring (cherry-blossom) and fall (pine) seasonal recipes so you'll either need someone from Southern to help or a time traveler.
  • Chic wedding decoration is just a customized wedding decoration that you can get from Cyrus+Reese currently.
  • Similarly "Blue Cute Refrigerator" isn't a distinct item. Or even a Cute Refrigerator. That's just a variation for a customized blue Refrigerator.
  • Similarly, the autograph items are just called "Autograph cards". Handprints and Illustration are 2 of the actual variations, with Comedian and Musician being customized variations. (I'm also realizing how weird this item is named, since you're always customizing between those 2 signatures and the plain real variation is also just named "Signature"...)
  • Finally, the anchor statue can be customized so you just need 2 of them in general. You can probably easily get dupes from people who did the spring one, but the next fishing tournament is in July fwiw.

I guess my takeaway is that I'm thankful I'm using Villager DB for my lists, as rough as it feels at times, as Nookazon seems to be very unclear about what is a customized variation vs an actually different item with a different title!

...and I will now review the list again and let you know what I have, hah.

EDIT:
Ok, here's what I can give you (only have 1 anchor statue to spare, so you'll need another from someone else). I can also make the bonsai shelf if you can manage to get me a pine bonsai, I guess.

Last edited:

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
I wish this game had an island that you and friends could go to and it would basically be Wii sports. It would add something for friends to do with characters.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
man, it would be nice if Nook was selling something other than the same surfboard and the same retro fan

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, weird, I guess you can buy the Seasonal items for both hemispheres from the catalog, since it's just based on date?

...also a little confused why the Summer-solstice Crown is labeled "Europe" while the "Winter-solstice Sweater" is labeled "South Hem.", but. Whatever.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh, weird, I guess you can buy the Seasonal items for both hemispheres from the catalog, since it's just based on date?

...also a little confused why the Summer-solstice Crown is labeled "Europe" while the "Winter-solstice Sweater" is labeled "South Hem.", but. Whatever.

I mean, it's better than in NL where seasonal items were region-locked, with some exclusive to certain ones.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
A few comments on stuff on the list that you may or may not know:
  • Bonsai shelf is a DIY. It needs bonsais from both spring (cherry-blossom) and fall (pine) seasonal recipes so you'll either need someone from Southern to help or a time traveler.
  • Chic wedding decoration is just a customized wedding decoration that you can get from Cyrus+Reese currently.
  • Similarly "Blue Cute Refrigerator" isn't a distinct item. Or even a Cute Refrigerator. That's just a variation for a customized blue Refrigerator.
  • Similarly, the autograph items are just called "Autograph cards". Handprints and Illustration are 2 of the actual variations, with Comedian and Musician being customized variations. (I'm also realizing how weird this item is named, since you're always customizing between those 2 signatures and the plain real variation is also just named "Signature"...)
  • Finally, the anchor statue can be customized so you just need 2 of them in general. You can probably easily get dupes from people who did the spring one, but the next fishing tournament is in July fwiw.

I guess my takeaway is that I'm thankful I'm using Villager DB for my lists, as rough as it feels at times, as Nookazon seems to be very unclear about what is a customized variation vs an actually different item with a different title!

...and I will now review the list again and let you know what I have, hah.

EDIT:
Ok, here's what I can give you (only have 1 anchor statue to spare, so you'll need another from someone else). I can also make the bonsai shelf if you can manage to get me a pine bonsai, I guess.
Ohhh thanks for the information. I'll check out that's site instead.

asun

Nov 10, 2017
hmmm. didn't get an HHA mail this morning. nothing changed with my house...

EDIT: I wonder if I should have modified my house in some way. going to try that this week.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man I got Boots' photo! I'm not sure if I should let him go or not even though he's one of my starters. He's one of my few non-mammilan villagers and he looks cool wearing the shades I gifted him.

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
iFirez it looks like the official discord invitation is not currently in the OP/2nd post?
Ah yeah, my bad - I left somethings out of the main OT post due to not doing a second post in this one. Fixed that now :)

Really wanna play this more, but I don't have any friends who still play.

Is there a Discord server for this OT?
Added the link to the main OT post - it's in the 3 previous OTs but I just missed it out of this one.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
So today's my birthday, and I ran around the island giving out the cupcakes to my villagers in exchange for birthday items, but I never actually got the birthday hat from anyone. Did something go wrong?

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
So today's my birthday, and I ran around the island giving out the cupcakes to my villagers in exchange for birthday items, but I never actually got the birthday hat from anyone. Did something go wrong?
I do not think you are guaranteed to get every birthday item at once. I know I did not get them all.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
The method in that image is outdated and has several unnecessary steps, as a heads up. You can either read the post I made earlier or read the blue rose guide in this document, which is the same thing.

EDIT: I guess technically the BackwardsN method is close to the improved route. BN just opts for less steps near the end, but uses some lower % results to do so. So once you have "good purples", if you're having trouble getting purple + orange = orange results you may want to try the other route. And in the meantime, keep your test result yellows breeding together to get the white roses you can use for the other route.
One thing I meant to ask.... say if I planted Seed versions of one color of roses a ways back and they've been growing since. Do they still count as seed versions if I've been rooting out the offspring and keeping the bunch pure?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I meant to ask.... say if I planted Seed versions of one color of roses a ways back and they've been growing since. Do they still count as seed versions if I've been rooting out the offspring and keeping the bunch pure?

"Seed" is just used as a label for the genotype of the flowers grown from seeds (or the flowers that were initially on your island or a Miles island). There's nothing special about them being from seeds otherwise, it's just that we know their specific genotype and can use it as a starting point. So as long as you got rid of any offspring, nothing's changed about the original flowers grown from seeds and they can still be considered as a "seed ___", yeah.

Actually, looking at the possible results - yellow children of 2 yellow roses and red children of 2 red roses have the same genotype as their parents anyway, so even those children would be safe to leave there and consider "seeds". But 2 white roses can sometimes produce white children with different genetics, so that wouldn't be safe and you would have to remove any offspring.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Happy birthday.
The only birthday item you are guaranteed is the piece you get at the party, additional items unfortunately are random. I only got shades on my second account unfortunately.

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY
Trash heap.
Paintball flooring and street art wall too.

thanks. I still down have the trash heap stuff despite me pulling tires and boots out of the water all the time. I do have paintball flooring or wall, i'll have to look, and i like the look of it. Also have the street piano diy and my wife has the upright piano, so making it is no problem.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
yeah Punchy and Pekoe both replaced the music players in their rooms with the wedding photo. Hopefully tomorrow they'll rearrange their furniture again

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, we need a way to reset villager homes to their default stage. It can be a function of the HHA, and a good reason to add their associated NPCs to resident services.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Is anybody else missing their clothesline recipe?

I know I had the recipe and even crafted one originally because my campsite has one alongside it.

But my recipe is completely missing I checked my catalog and it didnt show up either so I had to pick it up again to add it to my catalog.

This is one of the recipes that nook hands out early on when you are setting up the town and I don't believe it can be obtained through any other method.

someday

Oct 25, 2017
Is anybody else missing their clothesline recipe?

I know I had the recipe and even crafted one originally because my campsite has one alongside it.

But my recipe is completely missing I checked my catalog and it didnt show up either so I had to pick it up again to add it to my catalog.

This is one of the recipes that nook hands out early on when you are setting up the town and I don't believe it can be obtained through any other method.
I never got that recipe myself and had to get my sister to make one for me. I still don't have it.

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
Just some pictures of my island. I'm keeping it fairly simple so far.
FvLI3Qq.png

cXTxmHW.png

51778In.jpg

S1CkfYE.jpg

Lm7L2U1.jpg

And my house. My most cherished possession is that Moka coffee pot. I'm still hoping I'll come across the iron and wood cutting board and dresser so that I can make a kitchenette at some point (and replace the bathroom sink that's posing as a kitchen sink).
22VNysw.jpg

vWtii49.jpg

4gKBLku.jpg
I can make an Ironwood Kitchenette for you, if you want. Also have a spare Cutting Board DIY recipe you can have.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
thanks. I still down have the trash heap stuff despite me pulling tires and boots out of the water all the time. I do have paintball flooring or wall, i'll have to look, and i like the look of it. Also have the street piano diy and my wife has the upright piano, so making it is no problem.

I think you'll have to fish out a can as well (all types of trash).

Status
Not open for further replies.