• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
This is so awesome. Would you be willing to share a map of your island so I can see how everything is arranged?

Here you go:

It's slightly tricky to digest because of how the map shows all paths as the same. Other things going on in the bottom half of the island are outdoor gym, arcade, diner, campsite, playground and film set.

That looks awesome. How did you do the edging between the grass and path and how did you get the gym floor?

Gym flooring: https://www.reddit.com/r/ACQR/comme...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Path borders below

Custom Design question, imake my own custom designs, but cant seem to get a nice curb for the tiles provided in game. How did you get that noce curb for your sandstone walkway in front of your houses? Your houses look nice, btw.

Path borders: https://mobile.twitter.com/melissenpai/status/1251519077589438464?s=21

This looks great. I assume that's a custom pattern around each lot? Is it one that's publicly available?

See above

Ah did you post on reddit too?

good job it looks fantastic

Thanks and yep, that was me. Kind of crazy to get so many upvotes - that's definitely never happened to me before!

Last edited:

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
Checking to see if anyone here has any of the items on my wishlist that I could catalogue. I have a full inventory's worth of stuff, including multiple complete sets, and I'd be happy to look over your wishlist to see what I can provide in return. Just send me a DM if interested.

Item Wishlist by vaultboy | Animal Crossing Item and Villager Database - VillagerDB

View Item Wishlist, a list by vaultboy containing 89 items

I can help with a few of these but it may take a day or two to get them ordered from the nook shop. I just ask that I can catalog some the other colors of these items if you have them.

Here's what I have:

Cone (white)
Golf bag (green)
Golf bag (multi)
Light house (blue) I can trade for another color
Rotary phone (Orange)
Throwback mitt chair (blue)
Upright vacuum (silver)
Upright vacuum (white)
Wall mounted tool board (black)
Wall mounted tv 20 in (red)

I will PM you when I have all items in my inventory for catalog.

Last edited:

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Oh man... so, when a villager is camping here... To get them to move in, first, you need to get a guessing game correct which is either a 50% or 25% of getting it correct. And then if you have a specific villager you want to move out, you have a 10% of them choosing that villager to replace, huh?

Is there an easier way to get them to choose a specific villager to replace?

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Oh man... so, when a villager is camping here... To get them to move in, first, you need to get a guessing game correct which is either a 50% or 25% of getting it correct. And then if you have a specific villager you want to move out, you have a 10% of them choosing that villager to replace, huh?

No it's all by chance so you have to keep talking and winning and whining to them them about moving in. When they pick a villager you don't want to replace you have to force quit the game when the name shows up. Not answering, just quitting. If you already went through it all and said no then the choice is set and the camper will pick that villager every time.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Nope. You can cheese it though - instructions are in the OP!

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Got it on the 6th reroll. Sorry, Gayle... You are super nice, and it's really annoying that I'm replacing such a nice animal with snooty bunny Tiffany, but I want a well-rounded town, and snooty is the only personality I'm missing.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So, Fuchsia unfortunately did not find anyone wanting to adopt her, but perhaps someone wants to have Fauna?
175px-Fauna_NH.png

She is a very lovely normal villager! I will put her into boxes during the course of today (though if you would be ready before I'm doing it on my own, we can arrange your adoption of her too!)

Edit: Found someone.

Last edited:

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe someone will rescue Fuchsia from your void, though! I certainly wouldn't mind. Same goes for Fauna, she is very vanilla but I'd rather have her than any of my two normal villagers, tbh.

Well I did find someone to adopt Fauna but Fuchsia is indeed in my void, along with Zucker, Kabuki, and a bounty of others haha.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Rory is crafting the dark cosmos crown. He is on the right side of my island and is the second house after you cross over the bridge.

Closed.

Last edited:

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Made the mistake of putting everyone on a chair, but I still liked the pictures.

Also if anyone wants one of these posters ...

Last edited:

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
Damn it. I missed the Cast Master "achievement" by 4. Near the end, it's like my brain couldn't differentiate between the two sounds.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any reason to pay off the final mortgage? I really don't feel like saving up almost 3 million bells for nothing.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
okay, so this final wedding event is amazing and I hope they add more all island parties you can throw

I normally just spam furniture to "beat" the wedding photo in like 2 minutes, but today I spent a half hour carefully constructing the perfect party because it was a lot of fun to actually involve my neighbors and have a real event

Kinda a shame that once the party starts, everyone reverts back to their default "formal" clothes, because "formal" to my animals apparently means novelty sunglasses and balloon hats

I had Dobie sleeping, Wendy and Phoebe gossiping and I even set up Octavian to hide in the corner with a trenchcoat and fedora and giant sunglasses, like he wanted to be there, but he also didn't want to be photographed or recognized, but all of that was lost once the party started

...I also don't know what you actually can do with your neighbors at the party or what they say, because I accidentally put myself in a place where I couldn't move

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would someone be willing to invite me over to sell some stuff at their shop? I need to offload as my pockets are full and my shops are closed for the evening. I'd really appreciate just a quick drop in and out.

Kentsui

Oct 26, 2017
anyone with a decent turnip price today ? haven't been able to sell so far this week.

Oct 26, 2017
If anyone ever wants to get a lot of nook mile tickets fast pray to RNGesus that the Nooklings are selling the book.

Went to someone's island yesterday that was selling them and they were getting 5 or more tickets per visit. I saw other listing where people were paying 10-20 tickets for just 10 books. People are in library building mode evidently.

edit: who's decision was it to make a stack of books the same book cost as a book case!?

Harris

Nov 15, 2019
UK
Does anybody have books for sale in their Nook's today? Looking for five to craft a bookcase for my house.

If anyone ever wants to get a lot of nook mile tickets fast pray to RNGesus that the Nooklings are selling the book.

Went to someone's island yesterday that was selling them and they were getting 5 or more tickets per visit. I saw other listing where people were paying 10-20 tickets for just 10 books. People are in library building mode evidently.
Strange coincidence...

Oct 26, 2017
There's a daily bottle for your island per person (not villager) when they launch the game, but yea mystery islands it is random.

asun

Nov 10, 2017
got Peggy's photo! yay! another hybrid failure day though :(.

in other news, does anyone want orange, pink, black or gold roses? they're becoming a bit weedy ...

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
I'm curious what people's preferences are for improvements to their island. I'm trying to keep mine fairly natural looking, e.g. using minimal dirt paths and natural or wood structures. The island rating keeps saying I need more stuff on my island, but I'm basically ignoring that because it's not the style I'm going for. Heck, I'm even letting weeds go in some areas for the same look.

Edit: also, how dense did people go with houses. I have neighborhoods throughout in the first and second levels, but nobody on the top level.

6ce251aefa52c8102fb4459b372a4624.png

This is a comparison of my starter island and the progression so far (still a lot of work to do). The starter island image is not 100% accurate because the beach is shaped differently, but it's the closest I got. The river is the same. As you can see my buildings are spread out quite far and are on different levels. The entire north is still not finished (basically every quadrant without a path is untouched yet). I completely changed the rivers and build a mountain to the west side of the island.

I also use a lot of weeds, stones and tree branches. Even my path is not "perfect", since it has holes in hit, where weed is growing through.
Needless to say, Isabelle doesn't like my island. :C

Edit: And yes, I have to switch out the rotted turnups every sunday for fresh new ones. :D

Last edited:

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
6ce251aefa52c8102fb4459b372a4624.png

This is a comparison of my starter island and the progression so far (still a lot of work to do). The starter island image is not 100% accurate because the beach is shaped differently, but it's the closest I got. The river is the same. As you can see my buildings are spread out quite far and are on different levels. The entire north is still not finished (basically every quadrant without a path is untouched yet). I completely changed the rivers and build a mountain to the west side of the island.

I also use a lot of weeds, stones and tree branches. Even my path is not "perfect", since it has holes in hit, where weed is growing through.
Needless to say, Isabelle doesn't like my island. :C

Edit: And yes, I have to switch out the rotted turnups every sunday for fresh new ones. :D

I wish there was some furniture piece that's a turnip so you can actually place it. Especially since turnips also count as trash on the ground.

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
This is my first game on the switch that I managed to get pass 150 hours.

It could only have been Animal Crossing. Incredible game and the ultimate quarantine video game.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
okay, so this final wedding event is amazing and I hope they add more all island parties you can throw

I normally just spam furniture to "beat" the wedding photo in like 2 minutes, but today I spent a half hour carefully constructing the perfect party because it was a lot of fun to actually involve my neighbors and have a real event

Kinda a shame that once the party starts, everyone reverts back to their default "formal" clothes, because "formal" to my animals apparently means novelty sunglasses and balloon hats

I had Dobie sleeping, Wendy and Phoebe gossiping and I even set up Octavian to hide in the corner with a trenchcoat and fedora and giant sunglasses, like he wanted to be there, but he also didn't want to be photographed or recognized, but all of that was lost once the party started

...I also don't know what you actually can do with your neighbors at the party or what they say, because I accidentally put myself in a place where I couldn't move

Fwiw, they actually can't talk to you at all at the party so you didn't miss anything; the only thing they do is just that they (individually) randomly start shooting off the poppers again. I'd still spammed stuff but did make empty space to move around and talking to them, thinking they might say stuff like at birthdays.

Was funny to see their synchronized jump out of their chairs into 2 lines at the start, at least.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
After I get the commemorative wedding plate from Cyrus and Reese, there's no need to do anymore photo shoots, right?

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Anyone happen to have a Lattice Fence recipe? I have a whole bunch of recipes I don't need so I'm sure I'll maybe have something you need. Or other things too.

Status
Not open for further replies.