• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Just a reminder that Bunnie is in boxes today. She asked to leave 🙁

510aX0hA1fL._SR600,315_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

And also Plucky who's great but I can't take her starter house and forced out with an Amiibo.

Let me know if you have a home for either and I'll send you a code.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, they did that? Explains why I saw virtually none today. That sucks, same as yourself I mostly use that for day to day income (doesn't help when you can't recolour clothes and need to buy 8 different colours every day and resell them to nook for pennies...). I have noticed tons of Agrias today, so maybe that rate increased.
Peacock nerfed severely to 5
Agrias just got bumped in April to 5

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Please tell me the shop expands more than once. I was so pumped to finally get the upgrade and it's basically only got one more item... on top of the turnip price dropping from 150 to 45 between the day they were closed for renovations, all the "new" tools seem to only be cosmetic. Oh, sure they've got more floors and walls, but I've bought almost all of them already in trying to upgrade the shop in the first place. Sorry for ranting, I'm just very annoyed right now.

If I'm angry, it's only because I love the game so much.

They also have upgraded tools available if you want to forego having to craft them and just pay them a small fee for that. And they expand their selection of flower seeds as well. You also get access to rare, expensive items that are also very sought after (denoted by the black price sign), such as the grand piano.

I honestly don't know what you expected.

alvmew

Nov 12, 2017
Designing a new area and that 5 item a day from nooks catalogue is gating me so hard :(

It's the worst thing and I hate it so much. I'd be perfectly fine with all the other QOL fixes we need being ignored for this one being changed because Christ it can be such a buzzkill when doing lots of online cataloging. I finally finished my diner today despite starting it like a week ago haha

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
My fashion shop is selling this cute Alice dress
EWYVQ19UMAEepiA

Also Tybalt is leaving my island and his home is in boxes if anyone wants him
Tybalt_NewHorizon.png

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand

And also Plucky who's great but I can't take her starter house and forced out with an Amiibo.

Let me know if you have a home for either and I'll send you a code.

I've been trying to get rid of Plucky for three weeks.

Nothing. She's a terror to the rest of my villagers and easily upset by the smallest thing. I found her huffing yesterday because a visitor didn't say hello.

alvmew

Nov 12, 2017
L

For me the problem is the 1 building moving/ 1 bridge or incline (construction OR demolition) per day. It makes the process of changing your island a pain.

It's stupid, but i made myself okay with this by telling myself that in-universe they only have the resources to handle one construction job a day.

...which then makes the catalogue issue that much more infuriating, as it makes no sense that if I have a bunch of friends, I can spend all day sending them stuff off the catalogue, but if it's going to myself it's somehow 5 only??????

alvmew

Nov 12, 2017

Nothing. She's a terror to the rest of my villagers and easily upset by the smallest thing. I found her huffing yesterday because a visitor didn't say hello.

Plucky was one of my starters, and led me to buy my first post-launch amiibo cards as I wanted her gone sooooooo bad

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
Anyone know the meaning of that one straight line in the sky that looks like a cloud? That's freaking me out

alvmew

Nov 12, 2017
You're limited to 2 items per day to friends.

Well yeah, it's 2 per friend per day. My issue is this regardless if you can send them 1 or infinite gifts a day: somehow the nook catalogue (company???) magically gets the capacity to send 10 items in a day if I order for me and 5 friends, but if it's just me they can only do 5. Just makes no sense haha

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami

Plucky was one of my starters, and led me to buy my first post-launch amiibo cards as I wanted her gone sooooooo bad
Damn, I lucked out then, my Plucky has been chill for the most part and is pretty much the only non-smug/snooty villager I have that doesn't craft garbage. I'm actually going to miss her. She has the worst starter house I've ever seen though, she even kept the shitty sleeping bag!

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand
Damn, I lucked out then, my Plucky has been chill for the most part and is pretty much the only non-smug/snooty villager I have that doesn't craft garbage. I'm actually going to miss her. She has the worst starter house I've ever seen though, she even kept the shitty sleeping bag!

Her major contribution so far has a been a cherry wall for us. My native fruit is cherry.

What inspiration, Plucky. Next time, craft us an egg wall and carefully think about the circle of life.

johnsmith

Oct 26, 2017
It's a contrail. I'd never noticed them until a Beau commented on them yesterday, and makes sense that I got them as I got like 30 visitors yesterday for a diy.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017

I will take her. But if someone can answer a few questions first.

If I have 10 villagers, and I invite Bunnie in, does a random villager get booted out? Is there a way to find out which villager it is before I ask Bunnie to move in?

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami

If I have 10 villagers, and I invite Bunnie in, does a random villager get booted out? Is there a way to find out which villager it is before I ask Bunnie to move in?
Unfortunately for boxed villagers you have to have a slot open already. Normal campers will pick a random villager to kick and Amiibo campers will let you choose who you want to kick.

alvmew

Nov 12, 2017

You need to have an empty plot to invite someone from another player's island. If you have 10 occupied plots, you'll never get the option to get her I don't think.

The random mechanic is for when someone comes to your campsite -on their own, not via amiibo- and you get them to want to stay.

And if you use an amiibo, you get a choice over who gets kicked out.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately for boxed villagers you have to have a slot open already. Normal campers will pick a random villager to kick and Amiibo campers will let you choose who you want to kick.
You need to have an empty plot to invite someone from another player's island. If you have 10 occupied plots, you'll never get the option to get her I don't think.

The random mechanic is for when someone comes to your campsite -on their own, not via amiibo- and you get them to want to stay.

And if you use an amiibo, you get a choice over who gets kicked out.

Ahh that sucks. Thank you both for the answers!

gfbandito

One Winged Slayer
Apr 5, 2020
When exactly is Redd supposed to ambush you and give you a painting? His boat was here yesterday but he wasn't despite my doing what was necessary to have him show up, and there's no boat today.

alvmew

Nov 12, 2017
When exactly is Redd supposed to ambush you and give you a painting? His boat was here yesterday but he wasn't despite my doing what was necessary to have him show up, and there's no boat today.

He doesn't ambush you; on the day his trawler shows up for the first time, he'll be randomly wandering your island and you'll have to find and talk to him. For me, he started on the bottom left but once he made it to town hall, he stayed for a while.

Quick question I didn't even think about - how many villagers can you have living on your island at one time?

10, doesn't include yourself or other humans.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Having to wait 3 days to invite an Amiibo villager still beats the alternative of waiting a couple weeks for a random person to think of moving, or a random camper with random games who will ask a random person to leave....

Actually I guess it's fantastic.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The first day he is wandering about the island. So you had to find him somewhere and get the legit painting from him. Then go to the museum. So you probably have to wait for the next time he shows up.

Harris

Nov 15, 2019
UK
I loved Plucky. She was one of my starters, and was my first "best friend". I allowed her to leave as she wanted to see the world. The day she leaves, she upsets everybody and said something to me that I remember was very rude. The day after she has gone, I find all the gifts from me in the recycling bin. The next day, when I was visiting you I ran into Plucky and she pretended she didn't know who I was.

I'm glad I found out her true colours in the end. Stupid bird.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
My current lineup is

Audie
Beau
Bruce
Diana
Fauna
Judy
Merry
Pashmina
Raymond
Sherb

This is my final roster, no changes from here. Diana moves in today so I'm done. No jocks because they're boring and repetitive.
Yeah the Jocks have been the most flanderized of the personality types. They use to be pretty cool back in the GCN days.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I loved Plucky. She was one of my starters, and was my first "best friend". I allowed her to leave as she wanted to see the world. The day she leaves, she upsets everybody and said something to me that I remember was very rude. The day after she has gone, I find all the gifts from me in the recycling bin. The next day, when I was visiting you I ran into Plucky and she pretended she didn't know who I was.

I'm glad I found out her true colours in the end. Stupid bird.

[Hidden content]
LOL omg, is the bolded true? 🤣

Edit: They really should program in Villagers who live in your town knowing/remembering you on other islands. New Leaf had a mechanic where Villagers that move randomly show up in the shopping district to converse with which was fun.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What happens if you visit a player who has a villager you also have? Do they recognize you or is it just ignored.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Peacocks were legit most of my income the last 2 weeks. I wondered what happened as I rarely see them now. What am I supposed to do now Nintendo ?!?!?!

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Ah, ok. So right now, I don't have 10 villagers. However, no one's moving. I do have someone at my campsite. If I want her to stay, how's that work? If I get her to agree to stay, is it the same as Nook giving you the stuff to set up a plot of land for her or will it kick someone out?
Make sure to put a plot of land when you ask her to move to your island.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well yeah, it's 2 per friend per day. My issue is this regardless if you can send them 1 or infinite gifts a day: somehow the nook catalogue (company???) magically gets the capacity to send 10 items in a day if I order for me and 5 friends, but if it's just me they can only do 5. Just makes no sense haha

On top of that, the gifts sent to friends are instant, yours take a day lol.

Peacocks were legit most of my income the last 2 weeks. I wondered what happened as I rarely see them now. What am I supposed to do now Nintendo ?!?!?!

Their spawn rate got nerfed HARD.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
bye Sylvia - don't let the door hit you on the way out.

stopped pudge leaving yesterday and today Sylvia wants to leave. I'd be pretty happy if a rejection means it'll cycle through the other animals each day

Sadsic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Does anyone have the Cherry-Blossom Petal Pile DIY Recipe? I would be willing to barter for it. I have a few different recipes/fossils as well as Nook Miles Tickets I can offer!

Status
Not open for further replies.