• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 24097

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
There's no explanation as to why the manilla clams don't stack too. Like... why? I have 5 rows of them in my storage now because bait is too painful to craft if I don't actively need it.

It would even be doubly great if they were stackable, since stackable items don't trigger text prompts.

Thinking about it, one thing to explain the over-the-top prompts could well be the fact this type of clam happens to have specific restrictions in Japan when it comes to collecting, as it has many culinary uses and plays an important economic role. It is in fact far more restricted than most fish that appear in the game, actually.
Maybe Nintendo didn't want, or simply legally couldn't, represent it as a commodity that is simply something anyone can pick up like a branch of wood.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
That Peacock spawn rate nerf is absolutely brutal and devastating.
There goes my main source of income, yay.

Andrin

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Aurora is moving out today on my island if anyone wants her. Send me a PM if you want to head over and pick her up.

jungomitis

Apr 8, 2020
It would even be doubly great if they were stackable, since stackable items don't trigger text prompts.

Thinking about it, one thing to explain the over-the-top prompts could well be the fact this type of clam happens to have specific restrictions in Japan when it comes to collecting, as it has many culinary uses and plays an important economic role. It is in fact far more restricted than most fish that appear in the game, actually.
Maybe Nintendo didn't want, or simply legally couldn't, represent it as a commodity that is simply something anyone can pick up like a branch of wood.

Haha. If that was the case, the ingredients for bait could just be something other than clams (worms or something).

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami

That's a pretty interesting theory. They could have probably just used something else to craft bait then lol

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
That Peacock spawn rate nerf is absolutely brutal and devastating.
There goes my main source of income, yay.
Wait, they did that? Explains why I saw virtually none today. That sucks, same as yourself I mostly use that for day to day income (doesn't help when you can't recolour clothes and need to buy 8 different colours every day and resell them to nook for pennies...). I have noticed tons of Agrias today, so maybe that rate increased.

Oct 28, 2017
Have I got this right?

Redd comes to island. Sells you a painting. You can't enter his boat on the first day.

Give painting to Blathers and, I assume, he'll be upgrading the museum as of tomorrow?

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017

Good lord what a reach. It's 99% likely because no bugs or fish can be stacked, and they fall into that category--benthic animals are extremely likely to be added when diving is.

Edit: Rereading this, and you said that it does have real-world restrictions, whereas I read it as you were theorizing that it might or something lol. Hence my reaction. Sorry!

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got 3 stars by dumping shit all over my island (mainly furniture and log stools). I think my concert is due tomorrow, but is it safe to clean up now?

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
I have Saharah on my island, wallpaper is the sky cloud one and flooring is mountain, PM if you want in!

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
What's everyone's dream-lineup?

I want every personality type, and I'm not so sure about the remaining two spots. One extra lazy would be OK. They are always chilled and relaxed. One extra peppy or normal wouldn't be bad. Maybe a another sisterly. Jock, smug, cranky and snooty with one each are enough I think.
I use lecture hall desks in my basement lab, they are perfect haha.
I have one in white; looks great.

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
Please tell me the shop expands more than once. I was so pumped to finally get the upgrade and it's basically only got one more item... on top of the turnip price dropping from 150 to 45 between the day they were closed for renovations, all the "new" tools seem to only be cosmetic. Oh, sure they've got more floors and walls, but I've bought almost all of them already in trying to upgrade the shop in the first place. Sorry for ranting, I'm just very annoyed right now.

If I'm angry, it's only because I love the game so much.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I want every personality type, and I'm not so sure about the remaining two spots. One extra lazy would be OK. They are always chilled and relaxed. One extra peppy or normal wouldn't be bad. Maybe a another sisterly. Jock, smug, cranky and snooty with one each are enough I think.
I've seen people online have islands with all cat villagers for instance, for me personally it'd be fun to try to do an island with all wolf villagers or maybe all bunny.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Please tell me the shop expands more than once. I was so pumped to finally get the upgrade and it's basically only got one more item... on top of the turnip price dropping from 150 to 45 between the day they were closed for renovations, all the "new" tools seem to only be cosmetic. Oh, sure they've got more floors and walls, but I've bought almost all of them already in trying to upgrade the shop in the first place. Sorry for ranting, I'm just very annoyed right now.

Will likely upgrade again after another update sometime down the line. Worth noting that that the one extra item is always one of the more rare / expensive items.

Also you get an additional 'hot item' of the day that you can possible sell for double.

johnsmith

Oct 26, 2017

My current lineup is

Audie
Beau
Bruce
Diana
Fauna
Judy
Merry
Pashmina
Raymond
Sherb

This is my final roster, no changes from here. Diana moves in today so I'm done. No jocks because they're boring and repetitive.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
They recieved a very miminam increase in spawn rate (from 4% to 5% lol), nowhere near enough to replace Peacock's 80% spawn rate nerf.
Huh, at one point I had 3 of them on the screen at the same time earlier and caught 4 in the space of 1 min. Must have just been some very dumb luck. Maybe if 90% of bugs and fish weren't even worth 1k each then people wouldn't be farming specific ones.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

By the end of my amiibo journey half of my town will be cranky, haha. As mentioned before, I am on a journey for cute boy island, so all of my villagers will be cute boys.
I do recommend trying for another smug, though. It seems they are given vastly different dialogue depending on which one you have - Lucha has a lot of different dialogue than say, Kyle does.

My current line-up is
Kyle, Bam, Beau, Bruce, Zell (moving in atm), Fang, Buzz, Jitters, Anicotti, Admiral.
Jitters, Admiral and Anicotti will get replaced by Lopez, Chief and either Wolfgang or Lobo. Still on the fence about keeping Buzz or dropping him for the perfect 5:5 deer to wolf ratio. But with his adorable performance at the plaza earlier today, I might have to keep him.

I have the light brown variant which also looks great. If you want we can catalogue exchange them some time.

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018

Deer Villager:
Diana (already have)
Bam (already have)
Fuschia (already have)
Lopez (already have)
Deirdre (already have)
Fauna
Beau
Erik
Zell
Bruce

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Deer Villager:
Diana (already have)
Bam (already have)
Fuschia (already have)
Lopez (already have)
Deirdre (already have)
Fauna
Beau
Erik
Zell
Bruce

Deer town also is a valiant endeavour. I was very close to thinking about making one myself (just dropping Deirdre and Erik since I'm not super fond of em, in favour of Kyle and Flora or Fang perhaps).

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
Will likely upgrade again after another update sometime down the line. Worth noting that that the one extra item is always one of the more rare / expensive items.

Also you get an additional 'hot item' of the day that you can possible sell for double.
Okay, thanks. Yeah, the extra hot item is cool, and I did notice one of the new items was an expensive arcade cab (which is rad).

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Deirdre is my least favorite as well, along with Bruce, but I love Erik!

Erik is too similar to Beau for me. I do like that he's an elk, but he also got the knit-sweater and is lazy and I can only handle that much lazy. If he looked a bit more different from Beau, I might've considered him. I do love Bruce, though, he's one of the few cranky villagers that actually looks more like one of those stylish artists rather than old-fashioned like the other cranky villagers tend to. His house also is amazing. Both interior, but especially exterior.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My girlfriend invited Sheldon to her town and within a day he started crafting golden caskets. I told her to be careful.

masud

Oct 31, 2017
So I found the art dealer, bought a painting and donated it to the museum. Then I found his boat but I can't find him again to get permission to go inside. What are you supposed to do here?

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a list of bugs and fish leaving in April? I wanna catch them before they're gone

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands

alvmew

Nov 12, 2017

We don't know about any other upgrades, but one might come. The tools are cosmetic variants but I believe have the durability of non-flimsy tools, which the cranny wouldn't sell before. upgrade gets you a third one-off item to buy (and it's always a rare and expensive one), those tools, more wallpaper and flooring, an extra hot item a day, an extra wrapping paper, an extra umbrella - I think it works since this is a first upgrade and since I doubt most casual players are clearing its stock every day like you have been, for most it'll probably be considered a good upgrade.

Ive been so torn about this. I originally was going to do half dogs and half bears, but want some variety in species so now only my bears are repeated. Doing one of every personality with an extra lazy and an extra jock - the lazies are my favorites and I'm building a pretty gay island, so felt fitting to have an extra big boy around (:

roster plans:
- Ed (final amiibo day tomorrow)
- Axel (card on the way)
- Naomi (card on the way)
- Goldie
- Nate
- Tutu
- Louie
- Joey
- Sylvia
- Curt

TXULJ

Banned
Apr 12, 2019

Well moreso than just the extra item, the items in general are much bigger literally and figuratively.

Status
Not open for further replies.