• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
How do we make Leaf go to his boat? Iv talk to him, purchase his art, push him directly threw his boat, hes not opening his boat!

Once the art gallery opens, you can talk to Redd again and the game does this circular zoom in and Redd disappears. Then you can enter his boat whenever he lands on your island.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Most of the time people get half that. Seriously. Big spike pattern is rare and it actually being massive is even more rare. That price is double what you have paid. "Measly", wow.

TTing is not "cheating", haha.
Also the game has no idea you're traveling forwards. It knows if you go backwards because it knows it has saved at a later time than that but that's it.

Estro

Jul 17, 2019
So do we know how long it takes for the art gallery to open once the first piece of art has been donated? Is it the next day or is there a full day of construction in between?

JustJavi

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Im mad because its not only design choice this game has that drives me crazy. Its just the tip of the iceberg.
Also when ive said you are guaranteed millions every single time? Ive said there should be a mechanic where the game sees if you time travel and gives you better chances each week (not each day) at getting a big spike if you didnt the last week. Time travelling puts your chances back to zero (and start to go again up as soon as you dont time travel). If a week you get a great price, after that it also goes back to zero for the player. Is still risk reward and you dont know what you are gonna get (you could not buy turnips that week and get it, or you could be waiting a lot of weeks for chances to be by your side, and still numbers could fluctuate and you would still dont know when you would get it) but incentivices the player to not cheat.
Is a similar idea to improve the rgn of getting better characters inside crystals in Xeno2 that a lot of people talked about in its OT to improve the gamd (another game that should have gone that route).
Thats what i would have done as a nice game design choice. I think its a good way to still let people to time travel if you want, but if you dont and try to play the game by the devs rules you get a small incentive (that again is still somewhat luck based each week).

If you time travel your turnips rot, so you can cheat as much as you want that you will make no millions.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
You guys make way too much of a fuss about Bells lol. Farming balloons is the real economy. I don't even bother with turnips anymore because I hate seeing them in my house.
I dont even want them for money, i just want to get the achivement of 10 million bells in stock market and get done with it mever to buy turnips anymore.

Most of the time people get half that. Seriously. Big spike pattern is rare and it actually being massive is even more rare. That price is double what you have paid. "Measly", wow.

TTing is not "cheating", haha.
Also the game has no idea you're traveling forwards. It knows if you go backwards because it knows it has saved at a later time than that but that's it.

I know, ive been getting worse than that price every week since release date. 228 is my record.
I think i already said i was talking about time travelling back, not forward. The thing is most people whe they go forward they wabt to also get back to the rral date afterwards.
The thing is, if you read my secind post about the matter, what i was proposing as a design choice is still letting anyone that wants time travel to do it (while i dont do it o dont mind people doing it, still devs have said its not the way to olay their game). If the game finds you you have gone backwards that week, it basically puts your chances at getting a good price at minimum (so still, if you had luck you could still get a good price) but if the game doesnt find you going backwards each week it makes your chances to get more than 400 one day slightly go up. Still again comolete luck as when you are gonna get it. I think is a nice way to incentivize the player to play like the devs want, while time travellers cN do wahtever they want also.
If you time travel your turnips rot, so you can cheat as much as you want that you will make no millions.
I know, but you know what people are doing? Not buying turnips on sunday. They just time travel there, reset until they get around 90 for buying and go to someone that sells at a good price, becayse everytime the game knows you went back it changes the algorythm for that week so they know they can reset until they get a good one, and their friend gets a good sell one on their town.
The turnips rotting is not really detering people that really want to cheat or time travel during the week to fix stuff in their town, then go to sunday buy and sell in amother town as if nothing happened.

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
2 things:

latest

Annabelle is in boxes. If anyone wants her, she's all yours.

- (This probably was already answered, but whatever) Yesterday someone asked if you could grow coconuts trees in terraformed sand
EWXRYFyUcAAo3gu

Turns out the answer is yes.

Last edited:

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I know, ive been getting worse than that price every week since release date. 228 is my record.
I think i already said i was talking about time travelling back, not forward. The thing is most people whe they go forward they wabt to also get back to the rral date afterwards.
The thing is, if you read my secind post about the matter, what i was proposing as a design choice is still letting anyone that wants time travel to do it (while i dont do it o dont mind people doing it, still devs have said its not the way to olay their game). If the game finds you you have gone backwards that week, it basically puts your chances at getting a good price at minimum (so still, if you had luck you could still get a good price) but if the game doesnt find you going backwards each week it makes your chances to get more than 400 one day slightly go up. Still again comolete luck as when you are gonna get it. I think is a nice way to incentivize the player to play like the devs want, while time travellers cN do wahtever they want also.
I TT btw and my record sell price is 164. RNG you know! :) I did it to quickly put some amiibo villagers in and I'm not really interested in the stalk market.

That such a strange way of designing anything. RNG makes it fair for everyone. If you TT you have the same chance as anyone else no matter if you play online or offline. If you play online, just go to someone else and sell like most people are doing to get those big profits whether they TT or not. If you play offline the game is the same every time with the risk and reward, you can just do it faster by TTing through the week, but who cares since that player is offline anyway.
Sure the devs didn't intend for you to TT but they have not put in a single negative thing besides the turnips rotting so clearly they don't wanna discourage anyone too much either. They know some simply have more fun when they

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
One of my villagers is crafting a peach chair at the moment, but I have no peaches (or apples). Anyone have peaches and/or apples that would like to trade for the chair recipe?

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
So do we know how long it takes for the art gallery to open once the first piece of art has been donated? Is it the next day or is there a full day of construction in between?

I just woke up and played a bit this morning, you have to wait two days after donating your first painting to Blathers, yes. Right now my museum is closed/under construction.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Am I crazy or are there certain items that have color varieties that I cannot customize?
There is, and your island seems to have a set color for most items. When something pops up in my store it is always the same color (black record box, natural flamingo, deep sea incense burner and so on) but other colors can be gotten from trees and balloons. Or by trading of course, which is the point. They are really pushing people to pay for Nintendo Online.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Kyle and Buzz are dueting on my plaza and I've spent the better part of the last hour recording clips of them doing different songs. Fang occasionally stopped by to dance at the stereo or play the nearby guitar, too.
I just can't

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
There is, and your island seems to have a set color for most items. When something pops up in my store it is always the same color (black record box, natural flamingo, deep sea incense burner and so on) but other colors can be gotten from trees and balloons. Or by trading of course, which is the point. They are really pushing people to pay for Nintendo Online.

Ohohoh, sneaky sneaky Nintendo. I see what you're up to!

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Finally got a Purple Windflower and a Black Cosmos this morning!
Now I'm only missing Purple Tulips, Green Mums and Blue Roses! (and yes, I don't TT, which is why I'm so proud ahah)

Also managed to get enough gold roses petals to craft the gold rose wreath, now sitting on my door. Next time I have enough gold rose petals, I'm gonna craft one for Pietro, aka the sweetheart who gave the DIY to me in the first place, love him so much!

Last edited:

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Now I'm only missing Purple Tulips, Green Mums and Blue Roses! (and yes, I don't TT, which is why I'm so proud ahah)

Also managed to get enough gold roses petals to craft the gold rose wreath, now sitting on my foor. Next time I have enough gold rose petals, I'm gonna craft one for Pietro, aka the sweetheart who gave the DIY to me in the first place, love him so much!

Oh man I'm jealous. I have yet to get the 5 star rating, or black cosmos. I do have one (1) purple tulip though, haha.
Green mums, blue roses and purple pansies still elude me tho.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
New to Time Travelling - can I use it to speed up the process of moving amiibo characters in and moving their houses around, then just set the date back to today? Will that mess up my game when I actually do hit that date in real time?

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New to Time Travelling - can I use it to speed up the process of moving amiibo characters in and moving their houses around, then just set the date back to today? Will that mess up my game when I actually do hit that date in real time?

The only thing that can mess things up if you time travel is turnips spoiling. Otherwise, everything can be done doing TT, including speeding up amiibo campers.
I've TT'd back a day or two to get some more cherry blossoms to make stuff for a friend in the southern hemisphere, and it counted as progress towards the amiibo camper's quests and moving in.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
The only thing that can mess things up if you time travel is turnips spoiling. Otherwise, everything can be done doing TT, including speeding up amiibo campers.
I've TT'd back a day or two to get some more cherry blossoms to make stuff for a friend in the southern hemisphere, and it counted as progress towards the amiibo camper's quests and moving in.
Ah that's tempting as I missed out on a lot of the recipes.

Oct 27, 2017

Also managed to get enough gold roses petals to craft the gold rose wreath, now sitting on my foor. Next time I have enough gold rose petals, I'm gonna craft one for Pietro, aka the sweetheart who gave the DIY to me in the first place, love him so much!
Very jealous. The only purple flowers I have are hyacinths and roses. I still need purple tulips, pansies, and windflowers, as well as black cosmos and blue roses.

Oct 25, 2017
Blathers is updating the Museum and i got a announcement that the cranny will be closed tomorrow so it looks like i have to do all my stuff today.

I think some parts of scorpion season has a bunch more ground bugs so the ground spawns are more "contested"? Tarantula also had a bigger spawn rate overall in March when most people farmed them. Both of them have been nerfed a whole lot with the lastest patch, so much that I would recommend against trying to farm any of them.

Its still possible to do it but it takes time, especially if you suck at capturing and/or encountering them when they have already been triggered to attack like i was.

Also still a nice source of income if you can get it to work but then you have another lucrative avenue which doesn't need much prep.

But at the same time you can lose a bunch there if not careful. 🤷‍♂️

Nice and congrats.

Was able to get a Black Rose so far but still working on the others.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.