• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada
I think that'd be dropped items, not placed ones? Do you have a lot of dropped branches or something?

Maybe I'm wrong, though.
Hmmm.. I dont have that many branches and stuff laying around. Certainly not enough that I would think it would prompt feedback like that, but you may be right... I'll clean up a bit and see if she changes her tune.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Just dropped the Cherry-Blossom Umbrella recipe. 3 more to go and I'm done with the Sakura recipes!

Oh wow. What happens if a guest wishes on your island to a shooting star?

If you wish on stars on someone's island, you'll get star fragments washing ashore on your own beach in the next morning, just as if you had wished on your own island. That is why it's very interesting to invite people over whenever you have one.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pretty sure next year bunny day will be a one day thing as usual. The way all the animals are talking about it makes it seem that way. Also they all REALLY want me to hit coconut trees to find eggs lol

Pineapple

One Winged Slayer
Mar 26, 2019
USA
I am looking for

• Ankylosaurus Tail
  • Dimetrodon Tail
  • Megacerops Skull
  • Ophthalmosaurus Torso
  • Pachycephalosaurus Skull
  • Shark-Tooth Pattern (Helicoprion)
I only have the shark tooth, so ya can just trade the mammoth torso for it. Since you have another of that. That should keep you open for better trades in the future.

Do you want to dodo code it?

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If you wish on stars on someone's island, you'll get star fragments washing ashore on your own beach in the next morning, just as if you has wished on your own island. That is why it's very interesting to invite people over whenever you have one.

Excited to check it out. Just got the recipe for the Cherry Blossom Wand too so this will be perfect.

Piscus

Oct 27, 2017
DANG IT

The Able Sisters have the Crown available

...and it costs 1.2 million bells

Anybody wanna loan a brother a few bells? You know I'll be good for it

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Pretty sure next year bunny day will be a one day thing as usual. The way all the animals are talking about it makes it seem that way. Also they all REALLY want me to hit coconut trees to find eggs lol

Well they do give more eggs than other regular trees, so it's very interesting to farm them!

Ugh i have to move four houses by one square each

Ouch, dude. This means so many days of construction! Because you can't move a house to a spot overlapping your own current spot, so you'll have to move those houses in a totally different spot, wait a day for it to happen, and then move them back to where you actually wanted them to be. That's gonna be so tedious, I feel for you, RIP!

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
So sad that so many people aren't liking the bunny event. :( It's definitely understandable if you want to collect the seasonal fish and all that.
Peeps need to learn how to chum the water. It's a little extra setup, but if you're actively grinding for seasonal fish you should be doing it anyway and I haven't seen a solitary egg pop up from it. Still need to nab a snapping turtle, but everything else seasonal I could pull out of the water is taken care of and I have a room full of the majority of the egg stuff already to boot. After all, it's an event, shouldn't it be a goal in itself?

There's some mild annoyance to the egg spam, but if you're actually following proper grinding protocol it's not THAT bad.

Main thing that concerns me right now is that it might be making it harder for me to get the equally seasonal cherry blossom gear, but I can't tell if that's actually the case or just negative confirmation bias because everyone hates the eggs so much.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Ouch, dude. This means so many days of construction! Because you can't move a house to a spot overlapping your own current spot, so you'll have to move those hourse in a totally different spot, wait a day for it to happen, and then move them back to where you actually wanted them to be. That's gonna be so tedious, I feel for you, RIP!

Ah yeah, I got a system to cycle them so it should "only" take five days lol

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
That's a raw deal. :( Keep trying, it's gotta drop sometime!

so you get a balloon on one coast and then run to the other side to wait for a spawn on that side?
do you run up and down a beach to find a balloon?
i know you have to shoot only normals but man i see an absolute TON of easter ones. in what feels like a incredibly lopsided ratio. 10 to 1, really.

Silverkit

Mar 30, 2020
Does anyone have Lilies for sale in their Nook's Cranny? I would love to be able to stop by and buy a bunch. I can offer oranges or pears if you need.

Oct 25, 2017
I need to move my tailors back just one row. I can't move them back one row because when I try to lay down the moving kit, it says it can't put it there because a building already exists (the one I'm trying to move). So, I'd have to move the tailors somewhere else entirely then try and move them back there. It's gonna cost me 100,000 to move them just that one block backwards. FML.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You may have gotten them all. I think currently there's 17 recipes, not including the clothes you get from obtaining each type of egg.
Edit: Here's an article to cross-reference. https://www.polygon.com/animal-cros...th-water-sky-stone-leaf-recipes-rabbit-easter
there are 17 regular recipes, 18 auto-diy recipes, and 2 recipes for completing the auto-diy recipes, then 3 recipes on bunny day proper that you need to have the 17 regular recipes for prior to meet the conditions for

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Christ, who designed the Island Designer stuff? It's some of the clunkiest shit I've dealt with in a game in years. Honestly takes like double the time it should because if you're not standing in exactly the right post you're just going to undo whatever it is you did last. And it's not like it's speedy without that issue anyway, laying a simple path takes ages. Don't even get me started on making ponds and how much of a pain in the arse it is trying to curve the edges without filling the whole thing back in again.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
so you get a balloon on one coast and then run to the other side to wait for a spawn on that side?
i know you have to shoot only normals but man i see an absolute TON of easter ones. in what feels like a incredibly lopsided ratio. 10 to 1, really.

Currently it's the night on my island, balloons are spawning from the west, so I'm on the west beach going back and forth. Whenever I see an easter balloon, I don't shoot and leave it alone. Whenever I see a normal one, I shoot it. And yes, it's a very incredibly lopsided ratio indeed, there are way more easter balloons than normal ones, although normal ones do appear as often as they usually do. That is why this is a bit of a tedious grind.

Oct 27, 2017
Do we think there will be more to come in updates/DLC?
I feel certain this game is going to be updated and improved for a long time. Animal Crossing games have insanely long legs and people will still be playing in several years time. Not just planmed DLC events like Easter, Halloween and Christmas but gameplay tweaks and tiny additions.

I would almost guarantee we'll get extra characters, furniture, clothing and possibly even new fish and bugs. Hopefully there are more possibilities with terraforming and some QoL alterations like storage management.

Fenwick

Oct 27, 2017
Would anyone be willing to trade me a bamboo shoot or two? I have been island hopping with no luck.

Things I am able to trade:
- Any fruit
- Hyacinth or pansy seeds
- Bells (name your price)

As a bonus you can visit Sahara in my town, or my Able sisters who have kimonos and ninja clothes today.
I can bring you some, how many do you want?

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017

I think in the mornings and early evenings the balloons all spawn on the east side and move westward. So camp down there and walk the coastline every few minutes. In the evenings/night they start to spawn from the west coast and move east, so start camping down there. You can catch them as they come in. You can also look up to see how the clouds are moving to guess which coast you should be on.

Regular balloons spawn every 5-10 minutes no matter what, and I read people saying its when the time ends in 4 or 9. So yeah the egg balloons seem to spawn so there's always 2-3 roaming on your island, it is very unbalanced.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Currently it's the night on my island, balloons are spawning from the west, so I'm on the west beach going back and forth. Whenever I see an easter balloon, I don't shoot and leave it alone. Whenever I see a normal one, I shoot it. And yes, it's a very incredibly lopsided ratio indeed, there are way more easter balloons than normal ones, although normal ones do appear as often as they usually do. That is why this is a bit of a tedious grind.

alrighty. thats kinda what im doing. do they spawn on different coasts depending on time of day? i mean, theyre come from the east right now but does that change at some point?

oh, that question is answered here:

I think in the mornings and early evenings the balloons all spawn on the east side and move westward. So camp down there and walk the coastline every few minutes. In the evenings/night they start to spawn from the west coast and move east, so start camping down there. You can catch them as they come in. You can also look up to see how the clouds are moving to guess which coast you should be on.

Regular balloons spawn every 5-10 minutes no matter what, and I read people saying its when the time ends in 4 or 9. So yeah the egg balloons seem to spawn so there's always 2-3 roaming on your island, it is very unbalanced.

thanks!

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone have Lilies for sale in their Nook's Cranny? I would love to be able to stop by and buy a bunch. I can offer oranges or pears if you need.
I do. I have wild lily so could uproot some and let you pick up (not sure if it works that way?). I also have two sets of seeds for sale and all fruits but cherries fruiting now. What I want is red roses, white mums, or yellow/white cosmos (can't remember which one I have lot of and which I only have one). I think I have most of the others right now. I probably can be online in a couple of hours.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
My island turnip prices haven't been above 130 all week. Hoping for something huge tomorrow. LOL Also a good thing I only bought 20 at 102 bells or thereabouts, so no big loss (or gain) either way.

Silverkit

Mar 30, 2020
I do. I have wild lily so could uproot some and let you pick up (not sure if it works that way?). I also have two sets of seeds for sale and all fruits but cherries fruiting now. What I want is red roses, white mums, or yellow/white cosmos (can't remember which one I have lot of and which I only have one). I think I have most of the others right now. I probably can be online in a couple of hours.

I have white mums no seeds. I could uproot some of my wild ones and trade them for some lilies. Send me a PM when you're online later.

YellowBara

Oct 26, 2017
EUsvAE2UMAApRWN

Wooo, my first lily-of-the-valley grew today! Golden watering can is now mine!

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019
Are any of the Nintendo themed items in the game? I remember getting a triforce, a mushroom etc. in the GCN game

Oct 25, 2017
The Nook Boys have done me dirty all week. Not just nothing that I want. But at least one duplicate of something I already didn't want every day. I'd love a coffee table. Or a TV. That would be great.

hey all! on the hunt for items for certain rooms:

- boxing/gym equipment
- gaming stuff (beyond the switches - have we seen much yet?)
- library/study stuff - I've a globe and small bookcases
- samurai/ninja shit!

lemme know if you have any, I've bells & fruit and such! ill hit up the discord later

I've got gym stuff we could catalogue swap for!

Pull up Stand (blue)
Weight Bench (black)
Speed Bag (blue)
Heavy Bag (Black or Red)
Exercise Bike
Exercise Ball (Blue, Pink or Gold)
Protein Shakes (Green and Purple)

Let me know if you're down!

I have some gym stuff
Barbell DIY
Neutral Corner
Punching Bag
Speed Bag
Exercise Bike

Also not really gym equipment but I have a Throwback wrestling figure and protein shaker bottle

Any chance I could get you to make a couple barbells for me? I'll provide the materials.

Maybe it's just a coincidence but color schemes are basically NFL jerseys. Does anyone know if there's some not NBA clothes in the game?

They do. I've got a not Clippers Jersey (Blue with red accents) and a not Celtics jersey (Green with yellow).

Status
Not open for further replies.