• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada
Isabelle told me the island has "too much stuff laying around"... wish I knew what that constitutes. They're decorations, damnit!

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
all i get is clay and 1000 bells.

That's a raw deal. :( Keep trying, it's gotta drop sometime!

Is there a way to see the type of tree without digging it up?

Well, the trees that are pink now (assuming you're in northern hemisphere) are hardwood, and fruiting trees will eventually tell what they are when they sprout fruit. Other than that, no, you have to dig it up. There are some designs out there you can stamp on the ground in front of trees to better tell what they are.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Would anyone be willing to trade me a bamboo shoot or two? I have been island hopping with no luck.

Things I am able to trade:
- Any fruit
- Hyacinth or pansy seeds
- Bells (name your price)

As a bonus you can visit Sahara in my town, or my Able sisters who have kimonos and ninja clothes today.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Celeste never showed up, and I only ever got 2 Star Pieces from a single night.
Been playing since launch.

What am I doing wrong.

Are you playing this game alone, without the Internet? If yes, that's what you're doing wrong.
On the AC Discord, whenever someone has Celeste, they open up their island for people to come. Whenever someone has some shooting stars, they also open up for people to come. Also a wishing sessions can last 30 min if you want a good amount of star fragments in the morning (around 1/2 large and 15/20 tiny/aries ones can be found on average in the morning after a good wishing session, also star fragments keep washing ashore throughout the day, so one needs to check on the beaches regularly throughout the day too).

Also Celeste spaws anywhere on your island, even on the cliffs with no slopes. And tiny shooting stars session can happen in bursts with long minutes of pause in between, so you have to be patient and keep looking at that sky, and try to notice that distinctive shining tingling sound that signifies the presence of a shooting star in the sky.

Last edited:

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I wouldn't mind if we can keep the gyroids far, far away from this island life. Especially considering we have no museum rooms to spare in this game.

And hello Era Crossing. Happy to see some of the old faces in here. Can't believe I didn't think about checking this place out earlier.
Not a gyroid fan either, never have been. Hated when I would dig one up in the old days. They're like the eggs for the previous generations of Animal Crossing. Tacky and pointless.

BAN THIS SICK FILTH!

e+ had gyroids synchronize with music. I was desperately holding out hope that would finally happen for us Westerners.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I feel bad for the pet aquarium tank (the goldfish one) because everything is all nice and peaceful and then in a little bit they get hit with Angel Fish and Betta, which will make those fish's lives a living hell (Angel Fish eat Tetra and Betta rip Guppy to shreds)

Mob

Oct 25, 2017
im going to post this again because some time has passed this morning and ill probably ask again later tonight:

I have a blue Godzilla statue and want a black one. CAN ANYONE TRADE?

(Also, I am looking for the bunny nose, hood, and dress... if anyone can help out on that too.)
I can't help with the bunny stuff but I have a black Godzilla statue I'll trade with you.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Isabelle told me the island has "too much stuff laying around"... wish I knew what that constitutes. They're decorations, damnit!

I think that'd be dropped items, not placed ones? Do you have a lot of dropped branches or something?

Maybe I'm wrong, though.

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't happy with my character's appearance. A lack of bald hair and decent facial hair options meant I couldn't really recreate an avatar of myself. So I decided to be a girl islander instead and am currently rocking an awesome sari. Looks fab and it's nice to be someone else entirely!

EUskXeYUEAEpfM0

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
i'm actually considering not playing the game until this stupid Bunny Day event is over. eggs everywhere. i tried to catch 5 fish and all i got were eggs, boots, stones, and empty cans. i'm up to my eyeballs with eggs. they really should tone it down for next year and make it harder to get eggs.
Yeah, agreed. I was all excited to catch new fish, too, with the season change. Considering you only need 32 of each egg for a total of 24 DIY things, and this whole event lasts 12 days is pretty annoying. It's all egg. Too many egg.

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So i've been staying out of this thread as to not to get spoiled when I unlock things, and I just unlocked hourly music this morning. Curious what everyone thinks is the best song? My favorites in New Leaf were 7pm and 1am. 5am was sublime for my first listen.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Despite the stupid bunny day water eggs, I've actually managed to catch every fish for April except the snapping turtle, so that's nice

I believe I have all the April bugs, other than ant. I'm just gonna need to bite the bullet and waste 1000 bells for a stupid ant

Linius

Apr 2, 2020
BAN THIS SICK FILTH!

e+ had gyroids synchronize with music. I was desperately holding out hope that would finally happen for us Westerners.

I dunno, those Gyroids just creeped me out. But as a collector I also had to have them. Was a terrible job to do but ultimately managed to fill up the museum with these creepers.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
So i've been staying out of this thread as to not to get spoiled when I unlock things, and I just unlocked hourly music this morning. Curious what everyone thinks is the best song? My favorites in New Leaf were 7pm and 1am. 5am was sublime for my first listen.

I really like 2AM music. 1AM music too, it's pretty chill. 5AM music is adorable and so soothing, but I'm never awake for it sadly lol.
3AM music is the worst, I feel like they composed the perfect musical equivalent to "DUDE IT'S FUCKING LATE WHY ARE YOU EVEN PLAYING ANYMORE GO TO BED OH MY GOOOD!!!" with this one, and it always works well on me, whenever I hear it, I just knew I played too much and need to get my ass into a bed ASAP ahah!

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
My biggest wish for this game is support on the level of Splatoon 2. That game was awesome on day one, but the amount of support that it got was incredible and made it so much better in the end.

I think the game needs more core gameplay features. Like the cafe, or Club Tortimer. There's something missing in the daily gameplay loop.
I reaaaally hope they add content to this as time passes. The idea of the Cafe or other such things returning is a great idea. I miss the little town-square/mainstreet hub type place from New Leaf. I'm trying to recreate my own in this game but it's difficult so far.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
Would anyone be willing to let me sell turnips at their island? I bought in at 104, am currently at 54, and I'm on the Always Decreasing trend so I don't have any hope of making a profit.

Linius

Apr 2, 2020
I really like 2AM music. 1AM music too, it's pretty chill. 5AM music is adorable and so soothing, but I'm never awake for it sadly lol.
3AM music is the worst, I feel like they composed the perfect musical equivalent to "DUDE IT'S FUCKING LATE WHY ARE YOU EVEN PLAYING ANYMORE GO TO BED OH MY GOOOD!!!" with this one, and it always works well on me, whenever I hear it, I just knew I played too much and need to get my ass into a bed ASAP ahah!

2AM is by far my favourite. Love that jazzy vibe. When it goes to 3AM it's just time to hit the sack.

Castia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Stuck on a 2 star rating!

Any tips on how to raise it? I've cleared all weeds and in my mind my island is a sexy place :(

Shudouken

Jun 19, 2019
Alright, Celeste is here along with a meteor shower.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i got 3 stars and my island is a disaster. i think it's just tied to how many people move in? first day i had one star, second day i had two, and today i had three.

Ed.

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So sad that so many people aren't liking the bunny event. :( It's definitely understandable if you want to collect the seasonal fish and all that.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Soooooo...

That stuff we set outside people's houses to lure them to the island is fair game, right?

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
i had a meteor shower the second or third night i had the game. i didnt know about wishing on stars and celeste wasn't around. so i didnt get any star pieces! there were two shooting stars at the same time that night though. there was a constant steady flow. sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.