• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Best example of my disappointment so far happened yesterday (besides the Easter rubbish this is!): spotted a female owl visiting in the town square, spoke to them, they talk about the stars. Me: amazing I bet there will be an observatory you can build and collect star constellations - northern and southern hemisphere. Reality: here's a recipe for a wand... :/

You need to have respect for Celeste!!!

Ok, since you apparently don't know what Celeste shtick is, lemme explain it to you.
Every day, Celeste gives you a new recipe (and only one recipe per day, no matter how many island and Celeste you visit in one day, she knows when you already got one). Those recipes usually need star fragments to be built, you get star fragments by wishing on shooting stars whenever you see some in your sky at night. There are a ton of different recipes than you can craft. For example, I currently have 9 Celeste recipes, 1 for the wand (useful to store outfits), 2 for starry wallpapers (one glow in the dark, the other has a slight 3D effect), 1 for astrology-themed object (Aries one currently), and 5 for NASA-related stuff (yeah, I can craft a Lunar Rover or a Lunar Lander. Not that I want to, but I can, because Celeste thinks I'm into this kind of shit while I just want a starry garland or a Moon Chair lmao thanks Celeste I guess). Anyway, you could have fun gathering all those NASA related recipes and craft your own Space museum of some sort. But Celeste's recipes are absolutely the best, even though they're random. Also the first time you meet with a Celeste, she will ALWAYS give you the wand recipe. The fun starts AFTER she gave you that one.

Here's a list with all of her recipes thus far:
game8.co

How to Find Celeste: All Shooting Star and Zodiac DIY Recipes | ACNH - Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)|Game8

Celeste can be found wandering around your island randomly in Animal Crossing: New Horizons (ACNH). She can give you Zodiac DIY Recipes, Shooting Star DIY Recipes as well as Star Fragments and Zodiac Fragments!

Last edited:

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this island evaluation bullshit is infuriating

I got 9 villagers, tons of furniture, no weeds, have been grinding out flowers from islands because i hate watering, and im still at 2

i just want paths man

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
How do you get the Wobbling Zipper Toy recipes ?
It's the only one I'm missing and egg balloons only give me eggs now.
Should I continue shooting those balloons to get it ?

Are you sure you have all the recipes though? Even the Egg Arch one? If yes, how did you get the Egg Arch recipe?
Wobbling Zipper Toy recipe will be given by Zipper when he'll come back, if you have crafted all the other 18 recipes Egg Arch one included.

How are you farming them, just standing there waiting fir balloons?

I run around on my island from one side to the other and check the sky every-time I hear that "woooosh" sound. It's time-consuming, to say the least.

Chanser

Oct 27, 2017
Mabel selling green fedora, simple kimono and neon leggings.

Trying to get those cherry blossom recipes are rare.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017

I got 9 villagers, tons of furniture, no weeds, have been grinding out flowers from islands because i hate watering, and im still at 2

i just want paths man

I got to 4 stars without trying. I think my secret was a disgusting amount of flowers. Like hundreds.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017

i just want paths man

Tried slapping some fences down? She also specified DIY furniture so that might be worth more than store bought stuff. I dunno, the star system is just kind of a vague pain in the butt.

n00bs7ay3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Oh. Well, if that's actually normal, I wouldn't feel so bad about it. It'd be quite a bummer cause then my dream bamboo grove zen garden area is gonna take a long time to grow... but hey, I'm not in a rush. Still gotta figure out all the things I wanna do for my island's layout anyway. 🤔
No. It is a bug.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
My biggest wish for this game is support on the level of Splatoon 2. That game was awesome on day one, but the amount of support that it got was incredible and made it so much better in the end.

I think the game needs more core gameplay features. Like the cafe, or Club Tortimer. There's something missing in the daily gameplay loop.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

Ok, since you apparently don't know what Celeste shtick is, lemme explain it to you.
Every day, Celeste gives you a new recipe (and only one recipe per day, no matter how many island and Celeste you visit in one day, she knows when you already got one). Those recipes usually need star fragments to be built, you get star fragments by wishing on shooting stars whenever you see some in your sky at night. There are a ton of different recipes than you can craft. For example, I currently have 9 Celeste recipes, 1 for the wand (useful to store outfits), 2 for starry wallpapers (one glow in the dark, the other has a slight 3D effect), 1 for astrology-themed object (Aries one currently), and 5 for NASA-related stuff (yeah, I can craft a Lunar Rover or a Lunar Lander. Not that I want to, but I can, because Celeste thinks I'm into this kind of shit while I just want a starry garland or a Moon Chair lmao thanks Celeste I guess). Anyway, you could have fun gathering all those NASA related recipes and craft your own Space museum of some sort. But Celeste's recipes are absolutely the best, even though they're random. Also the first time you meet with a Celeste, she will ALWAYS give you the wand recipe. The fun starts AFTER she gave you that one.

now I'm upset I can't rent rooms in the museum for a NASA exhibit

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
So... been playing for 2 weeks now, and I'm still struggling to see what exactly meant the game was delayed from 2019 to 2020? Is this just Nintendo admitting they've got nothing else lined up?

I'm spending loads of time and I am really enjoying the game... but at the same time, it's just so safe and more of the same. I wasnt expecting a Stardew Valley or Runescape level of experience, but a bit more depth would have been nice.

Do we think there will be more to come in updates/DLC?

Best example of my disappointment so far happened yesterday (besides the Easter rubbish this is!): spotted a female owl visiting in the town square, spoke to them, they talk about the stars. Me: amazing I bet there will be an observatory you can build and collect star constellations - northern and southern hemisphere. Reality: here's a recipe for a wand... :/

Stress again, it's great and having fun, but how did this take so long to make exactly?!
Yeah, a lot of older core characters just feel shafted. Celeste had an observatory in Wild World, just as you described! Then in New Leaf she was demoted to gift shop cashier... Now she's a homeless star gazer falling into the mystical hooey of Katrina fame..

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Yeah, a lot of older core characters just feel shafted. Celeste had an observatory in Wild World, just as you described! Then in New Leaf she was demoted to gift shop cashier... Now she's a homeless star gazer falling into the mystical hooey of Katrina fame..

I feel like there's a lot of room for DLCs and updates with more NPCs from other games coming in to the island. She still could get an observatory in the future, I'd love for that to happen. But at least, Celeste still gets to be in the game in some way, while I'm out here wondering when my fave Reese will ever come back, or if she ever will, sobs. At least I can still have a poster of her in my room as consolation, I guess.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So... been playing for 2 weeks now, and I'm still struggling to see what exactly meant the game was delayed from 2019 to 2020? Is this just Nintendo admitting they've got nothing else lined up?

I'm spending loads of time and I am really enjoying the game... but at the same time, it's just so safe and more of the same. I wasnt expecting a Stardew Valley or Runescape level of experience, but a bit more depth would have been nice.

Do we think there will be more to come in updates/DLC?

Stress again, it's great and having fun, but how did this take so long to make exactly?!
The wand is a way more substantial feature than the constellations ever were (personally I always thought they were tacky garbage) and Celeste has a ton more stuff associated with her. As always, but here more than ever, Animal Crossing is a slow burn and its true depth and scale do not reveal themselves for months

Oct 25, 2017
More fences, maybe? Pretty sure fences matter a lot in order to raise your island's rating.
when I spoke with Isabelle she gave me the usual bullshit from a visitor, and then added that more fences wouldn't hurt. I put a bunch of random fences around a couple of animal's houses and that got me from 2-3*
Thanks for the suggestions. I can't imagine I don't need any more flowers, and the feedback did say scenery and fencing, but I have about twenty pieces of furniture already placed outside, and I laid out all of the 50 fence pieces Nook gave me. Do I need to have/craft more fencing? It also talked about an unnoticed snowman, but I think that was maybe just flavor-text.

Edit: I also only get the rating once a day, right? Any changes I do today won't count until tomorrow?

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Café and co is 100% being added later on.
Not only the villagers hint at the Café, but characters' models being added to Photopia later is also a big hint.
They ain't goint to add those models post launch just for some photo shot.

Brewster, Café and Gyroids in an update, Redd, Black Market and art in another, etc

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have to invite the first visitor to your campsite to progress? Pietro has been stinking up the tent for days and won't leave.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I feel like there's a lot of room for DLCs and updates with more NPCs from other games coming in to the island. She still could get an observatory in the future, I'd love for that to happen. But at least, Celeste still gets to be in the game in some way, while I'm out here wondering when my fave Reese will ever come back, or if she ever will, sobs. At least I can still have a poster of her in my room as consolation, I guess.
Yes, would love for Re-Tail to return. Cyrus could teach us more advanced DIY recipes and Reese could allow us to sell our customized items secondhand (some tutorial message said some custom pattern items couldn't be shared?)

Linius

Apr 2, 2020
I wouldn't mind if we can keep the gyroids far, far away from this island life. Especially considering we have no museum rooms to spare in this game.

And hello Era Crossing. Happy to see some of the old faces in here. Can't believe I didn't think about checking this place out earlier.

Negative

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the suggestions. I can't imagine I don't need any more flowers, and the feedback did say scenery and fencing, but I have about twenty pieces of furniture already placed outside, and I laid out all of the 50 fence pieces Nook gave me. Do I need to have/craft more fencing? It also talked about an unnoticed snowman, but I think that was maybe just flavor-text.

Edit: I also only get the rating once a day, right? Any changes I do today won't count until tomorrow?
I have a 3-star rating with 7 villagers. I have a lot of fencing and flowers, though. You really don't have to water the flowers unless you're trying to breed new ones. just throw some seeds down and let them do their thing. But I just made a few flower beds here and there with different species, crafted a few types of fencing and made something of an entrance with them, etc.

Hard to say what really improves the star rating.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
im going to post this again because some time has passed this morning and ill probably ask again later tonight:

I have a blue Godzilla statue and want a black one. CAN ANYONE TRADE?

(Also, I am looking for the bunny nose, hood, and dress... if anyone can help out on that too.)

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, more flowers...

Do they have to be adjacent to breed? Or within a couple spaces of each other?

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Damn, my campsite is in the perfect spot for a Lighthouse lol dumb me

But I'm not changing now.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC

Here's a list with all of her recipes thus far:
game8.co

How to Find Celeste: All Shooting Star and Zodiac DIY Recipes | ACNH - Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)|Game8

Celeste can be found wandering around your island randomly in Animal Crossing: New Horizons (ACNH). She can give you Zodiac DIY Recipes, Shooting Star DIY Recipes as well as Star Fragments and Zodiac Fragments!

Is she guaranteed every night between 7-4am?

DMPinheiro

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Hey, just in case anyone still needs to sell, my turnips are now selling for 461 Bells.

I'm working right now, so my gates are open if anyone needs to sell, please note that I'm not organizing groups for now, so you probably will get a lot of messages for incoming or leaving visitors. I'm not actively searching for anything right now, except for Cherry Blossom recipes, however I'll gladly take any tips, please leave them by the store if you can, I'm standing there and will take it if I see you leave anything.

Dodo Code: 9Q5QL

I'm currently in process of cleaning everything so I can organize my island, so I don't even have anything fenced. Fell free to take any fruits if you want!

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
This is all I want. Oh, and don't just limit it to bait.

Oh, and some kind of quick-sort option for inventory.

Oh, and the ability to donate fossils after Blathers has evaluated them instead of him giving them back and me having to go through the motions.

Oh, and...

And the ability to craft items without having to move from storage to pocket lol. So annoying.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Is she guaranteed every night between 7-4am?

She absolutely isn't at all. She spawns randomly and can not show up for several days, even a week. That's partly where playing with a friendly and dedicated community gets super handy. Whenever one of us spots a Celeste on an island, we invite people over in order to all get a new recipe from her. And also, while shooting stars often happen while Celeste is here, it's not an automatic thing either. You can have a Celeste with no shooting stars to wish on, and you can have shooting stars without a Celeste on your island.

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't mind if we can keep the gyroids far, far away from this island life. Especially considering we have no museum rooms to spare in this game.

And hello Era Crossing. Happy to see some of the old faces in here. Can't believe I didn't think about checking this place out earlier.
Not a gyroid fan either, never have been. Hated when I would dig one up in the old days. They're like the eggs for the previous generations of Animal Crossing. Tacky and pointless.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Celeste never showed up, and I only ever got 2 Star Pieces from a single night.
Been playing since launch.

What am I doing wrong.

Negative

Oct 25, 2017
My island so far

EUsdjLVUEAAVih8

EUsdrPoUYAIdVCh

EUsdnJoUMAEpM3m

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Well damn, I've gotten like 5 cherry blossom recipes today. Started stalking the beach balloons spawn in from (east right now) a few hours ago and it works well.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AD84 you are the best. oranges were the last fruit i needed too! i hope you didn't already have a fax machine.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've played almost every night and seen Celeste twice, but haven't gotten a single shooting star. I'm still not entirely convinced they exist

Status
Not open for further replies.