• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
My island is super basic and it'll likely stay that way. Started using the landscaping tools yesterday and found it all-around painful. I did the minimum to make a bridge and ramp possible that couldn't be placed before, and that's it.

I'll just vicariously experience beautified islands through other people's posts :D

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Just got a DIY recipe for a Manga library wallpaper!
... and it requires 10 magazines...
... and I can only order 5 magazines at a time...
... so I'll have it on Sunday!

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
i'm actually considering not playing the game until this stupid Bunny Day event is over. eggs everywhere. i tried to catch 5 fish and all i got were eggs, boots, stones, and empty cans. i'm up to my eyeballs with eggs. they really should tone it down for next year and make it harder to get eggs.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol i woke up and my gf was like YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT I FOUND A TREE THAT HAD LIKE 300,000 BELLS GROWING ON IT

-___-

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I was under the impression that bamboo only gave a shoot once? Even the ones I grew from scratch and haven't moved at all only ever gave me one shoot.
Oh. Well, if that's actually normal, I wouldn't feel so bad about it. It'd be quite a bummer cause then my dream bamboo grove zen garden area is gonna take a long time to grow... but hey, I'm not in a rush. Still gotta figure out all the things I wanna do for my island's layout anyway. 🤔

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Just login to her character and progress the game. I'm a second class resident and that's what I do.

Yes and make sure you call your character in as well. Because at least the hand off to the secondary player is simple. You can change to the leader and end the session and the game switches to your user profile. You may have to watch the Daily Island Update intro if you haven't with that user profile. But at least you don't have to close the game and reopen it.

But really Nintendo needs to allow the Resident Representative to either give another resident that title or the ability to assign those tasks.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
Me working on my shitty island:

iYyYQHg.jpg

Yeah seriously, I was glad I got new villager today and continued working on my flower patch and this thread is completely out of this world, haha.

Makes it that more enticing though to see how much you can customize in this game. Even if I'm getting there at a slower pace it just feels rewarding developing your island step by step. Even if it takes weeks.

azfaru

Dec 1, 2017
Soo... how can I get my housemate's villager to leave? She wanted to try it out for a bit to see what the hype was about. But a few days has passed now and I don't think she's coming back. How do I delete her awfully ugly camp from my beautiful pristine island???

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
buried 99k bell into the golden hole. time to take a risk again lol

i also have other money trees growing. don't know which as i also have fruit trees planted. we'll see.
Fyi you can dig up a money tree after planting so you can move it elsewhere! I have a nice row of money tree in different stages of development. Though today I accidentally put 1000 bells in the hole... And yesterday I dug up the hole, realized I didn't have any bells, so I went and got some out of the ATM, but even though the hole was still glowing I could no longer bury anything in it :(

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Also ability to make more than one fish bait at a time
This is all I want. Oh, and don't just limit it to bait.

Oh, and some kind of quick-sort option for inventory.

Oh, and the ability to donate fossils after Blathers has evaluated them instead of him giving them back and me having to go through the motions.

Oh, and...

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Currently trying to get my hands on all the Sakura recipes, currently have 10 of them:
- Cherry-Blossom Pond Stone
- Cherry-Blossom Petal Pile
- Cherry-Blossom Branches
- Outdoor Picnic Set
- Cherry-Blossom Clock
- Cherry-Blossom-Trees Wallpaper (animated)
- Cherry-Blossom Flooring
- Sakura-Wood Wallpaper
- Sakura-Wood Flooring
- Cherry-Blossom Pochette

Which means I'm only missing 4 recipes: Blossom-Viewing Lantern, Cherry-Blossom Wand, Cherry Blossom Bonsai & Cherry Blossom Umbrella.
I really really want the Bonsai, Wand & Umbrella, so I can't wait to put my hands on those recipes too.

If anybody's wondering how to get those recipes: they drop in regular balloons. Red ones have a higher chance of containing them too, but I got them from all colors of balloons regardless. It's kinda difficult to get them cause those balloons can drop a ton of other things instead (like objects, craft material and bells), but I farm them as much as I can and totally ignore egg-balloons (especially knowing I already have all the egg-related recipes that it is possible to get thus far, save for the Egg Arch one that I think Zippy will give you at some point).

I have so many flowers and so much random furniture just sitting outside. I have tons of fruit trees, all assorted, and 8 villagers, and only a 2 star island. What am I missing?

More fences, maybe? Pretty sure fences matter a lot in order to raise your island's rating.

Last edited:

We_care_a_lot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Summerside PEI
Also don't run through flowers either. I was in a friend's island and someone else was there as well and he just shot through an entire flower patch. Don't be a jerk, walk around the flowers.
ok so ive been wondering does holding down the analog stick count as 'running' or are we talking holding b. Just want to be sure, i've been tip toeing through my own gardens but if I don't have to that would be excellent

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
...does the Stalk Market Wizard not detect the Random pattern?

It still says it detects Small Spike for mine when my prices have revealed that they're actually going back and forth after a lot of decreasing...

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
When will the Cherry Blossom event end? I only have two of the recipes and haven't received a new one in two days, I'm worried I won't be able to get the cool stuff

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
When will the Cherry Blossom event end? I only have two of the recipes and haven't received a new one in two days, I'm worried I won't be able to get the cool stuff

Same as the egg event one, so 12th of April I think. That's why I'm actively farming balloons and sakura petals right now, I really want them all and craft a lot of them.
Couldn't care less for egg stuff lol (although I still crafted almost all of it cause it is needed to unlock the final items).

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
ok so ive been wondering does holding down the analog stick count as 'running' or are we talking holding b. Just want to be sure, i've been tip toeing through my own gardens but if I don't have to that would be excellent

Holding B. You can walk through flowers without damaging them.

And honestly, accidents happen and a lot of times it's completely unintentional if someone is running and hits a flower. Less so for those that just don't care and plow right through.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Fyi you can dig up a money tree after planting so you can move it elsewhere! I have a nice row of money tree in different stages of development. Though today I accidentally put 1000 bells in the hole... And yesterday I dug up the hole, realized I didn't have any bells, so I went and got some out of the ATM, but even though the hole was still glowing I could no longer bury anything in it :(

do money trees regrow money? ;O

or do you mean i can just shovel it up after planting and move it. i could. but then my island is 80% tree right now lol. theres so much i have to do once i unlock everything.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I have so many flowers and so much random furniture just sitting outside. I have tons of fruit trees, all assorted, and 8 villagers, and only a 2 star island. What am I missing?

when I spoke with Isabelle she gave me the usual bullshit from a visitor, and then added that more fences wouldn't hurt. I put a bunch of random fences around a couple of animal's houses and that got me from 2-3*

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I've put furniture absolutely everywhere on the Island, as isabelle asked, and now it looks like sh*t.
Still at 4*. Thanks for nothing, aiming for a 5* town is just not worth it. This system suck so much.
Right now she says to put more incline/bridge, and it's my last attempt at a perfect town.

SUBZERO-08

Oct 25, 2017
How come I've stopped getting Bunny Day DIY recipes from balloons? I think there are supposed to be more recipes than what I currently have, but I have only gotten Sky Eggs for a full day now. The bottle that washed ashore today also contained a dupe recipe.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Soo... how can I get my housemate's villager to leave? She wanted to try it out for a bit to see what the hype was about. But a few days has passed now and I don't think she's coming back. How do I delete her awfully ugly camp from my beautiful pristine island???
If you hit - at the title screen you can go into options and somewhere in there is the ability to remove them.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Hey folks.

Quick flower question: Can flowers breed themselves? Everyone is talking about hybrids. But can my red roses make more red? Can my orange make more orange? I'm talking strictly non-hybrid here.

Edit: And is there a benefit to crafting all the egg stuff?

Also, thanks!

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
How come I've stopped getting Bunny Day DIY recipes from balloons? I think there are supposed to be more recipes than what I currently have, but I have only gotten Sky Eggs for a full day now. The bottle that washed ashore today also contained a dupe recipe.

You may have gotten them all. I think currently there's 17 recipes, not including the clothes you get from obtaining each type of egg.
Edit: Here's an article to cross-reference. https://www.polygon.com/animal-cros...th-water-sky-stone-leaf-recipes-rabbit-easter

Last edited:

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
do money trees regrow money? ;O

No they don't, they just become regular tree as soon as they gave you money bags once. I usually cut down mine as soon as I harvested them, and plant a new one in their place. I have my CASH MONEY BIZZZZ space on my island, with 4 money trees growing at all times around a Sphinx statue.

Do the recipes appear in the rainbow balloons or do they come in the regular balloons?

Regular balloons only.

I'm missing the branches, clock, wand and both floorings.
I also have a cherry-blossom pouchette recipe that you didn't list.

I have that Pochette one too, forgot it in my list so I edited my post!

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
So... been playing for 2 weeks now, and I'm still struggling to see what exactly meant the game was delayed from 2019 to 2020? Is this just Nintendo admitting they've got nothing else lined up?

I'm spending loads of time and I am really enjoying the game... but at the same time, it's just so safe and more of the same. I wasnt expecting a Stardew Valley or Runescape level of experience, but a bit more depth would have been nice.

Do we think there will be more to come in updates/DLC?

Best example of my disappointment so far happened yesterday (besides the Easter rubbish this is!): spotted a female owl visiting in the town square, spoke to them, they talk about the stars. Me: amazing I bet there will be an observatory you can build and collect star constellations - northern and southern hemisphere. Reality: here's a recipe for a wand... :/

Stress again, it's great and having fun, but how did this take so long to make exactly?!

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
How do you get the Wobbling Zipper Toy recipes ?
It's the only one I'm missing and egg balloons only give me eggs now.
Should I continue shooting those balloons to get it ?
animal-crossing-new-horizons-guide-bunny-day-item-icon-wobbling-zipper-toy.png

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm about to embark on a journey to find my 9th resident, and that one needs to be a cranky type...
Met Buzz, the cranky eagle... not interested in that one.

Met Shari, the sisterly monkey... nope.

Met Humphrey, the cranky hamster... no thank you.

Next candidate was Wolfgang, the cranky wolf... hello there, come with me.

That's my resident #9 now.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Hey folks.

Quick flower question: Can flowers breed themselves? Everyone is talking about hybrids. But can my red roses make more red? Can my orange make more orange? I'm talking strictly non-hybrid here.

Edit: And is there a benefit to crafting all the egg stuff?

Also, thanks!

Yes! I've had a group of pink flowers produce more pink flowers. They can also produce parent flowers, like white, red etc. Whatever colors can be mixed into breeding them.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Currently trying to get my hands on all the Sakura recipes, currently have 10 of them:
- Cherry-Blossom Pond Stone
- Cherry-Blossom Petal Pile
- Cherry-Blossom Branches
- Outdoor Picnic Set
- Cherry-Blossom Clock
- Cherry-Blossom-Trees Wallpaper (animated)
- Cherry-Blossom Flooring
- Sakura-Wood Wallpaper
- Sakura-Wood Flooring
- Cherry-Blossom Pochette

Which means I'm only missing 4 recipes: Blossom-Viewing Lantern, Cherry-Blossom Wand, Cherry Blossom Bonsai & Cherry Blossom Umbrella.
I really really want the Bonsai, Wand & Umbrella, so I can't wait to put my hands on those recipes too.

If anybody's wondering how to get those recipes: they drop in regular balloons. Red ones have a higher chance of containing them too, but I got them from all colors of balloons regardless. It's kinda difficult to get them cause those balloons can drop a ton of other things instead (like objects, craft material and bells), but I farm them as much as I can and totally ignore egg-balloons (especially knowing I already have all the egg-related recipes that it is possible to get thus far, save for the Egg Arch one that I think Zippy will give you at some point).

More fences, maybe? Pretty sure fences matter a lot in order to raise your island's rating.
How are you farming them, just standing there waiting fir balloons?

Status
Not open for further replies.