• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlSagan94

Nov 3, 2018
Not really. Campsite extremely rarely has visitors and if you put a plot out it will be bought by a random person in a day (most likely, it can apparently take two days according to some but I wouldn't rely on that happening).
If you don't want a random you need to go check the mystery islands for people to invite on the same day you put the plot there or refrain from putting up plots for sale until a visitor comes to the campsite.
Sounds a bit annoying to get a villager you enjoy instead of a rando. I need a koala and squid in my town dammit!

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
It would have maybe been cool if the nooklings asked one more question or just something as a way to basically give a favorite animal type that makes them more likely to the others.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
KK Slider showing up to perform and the credits caused Flick to despawn. That's a little annoying because I haven't met Flick yet and I have a ton of bugs to sell

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
I neeeeeed Sakura recepies badly.

I have all the egg ones (even though I didn't want them). Isabell didn't even give me the Sakura Lunch DIY for some reason.

I'm willing to trade fossils for them... hell, even bamboo or uh... something of equal value.

Anyone?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Your own seem to stop yielding shoots when you move them too. I've only been able get new shoots from the trees I've left in their original spots.
Oh what the fuck that's just weird. I hope they fix this, cause if it's not a bug, well, it's really annoying.
I was under the impression that bamboo only gave a shoot once? Even the ones I grew from scratch and haven't moved at all only ever gave me one shoot.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I'm not gonna name names, because it happened on the Discord and not here but, a friendly reminder:

DO NOT PICK FUCKING FLOWERS WHILE YOU'RE VISITING SOMEONE'S ISLAND UNLESS THAT SOMEONE SPECIFICALLY AGREED TO IT, OTHERWISE IT'S JUST FUCKING RUDE AND ASSHOLE-LIKE BEHAVIOR, EVEN MORE SO IF YOU'RE A TOTAL STRANGER MEETING THEM FOR THE FIRST TIME.

I spend hours every day on my flowers, I try my best to produce hybrids, which takes time, sweat and work, dealing with a very fickle RNG and still figuring things out, so when you come into my island, picking up flowers from my hybrids that I'm desperately trying to make reproduce for the past days to no avail, I ain't gonna be happy about it at all, because that's gonna be 3 more days until I can try to make them reproduce again, waiting for them to bloom again. Don't be that person, if you do, you are quite literally wasting my time. Don't be an asshole. Don't pick flowers up.

If you're picking them up thinking you'll be able to replant them on your island: that's NOT how this shit works. You won't. You can only use them on very rare recipes I'm pretty sure you don't fucking own already anyway.
So DON'T pick my flowers up, thank you.

PS: I like having my island open to people I'm not friends with because I ain't gonna befriend the entirety of the people on that Discord (or on here), but still wanna help out y'all. When you harvest my flowers, you exploit my kindness and make it difficult for me to want to be open to strangers, while AC is all about kindness and openness. Don't be that person. Don't pick flowers up.

Aug 12, 2019
Anybody else baffled that Nintendo incorporated Amiibo cards into this game in such a big and desirable way... but didn't start production of them back up in the least bit? (Obviously COVID-19 surely presents all kinds of unique challenges, but even in the lead up to this game's release before it became a huge issue, there was no sign of them putting the cards back into production...).

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Anybody else baffled that Nintendo incorporated Amiibo cards into this game in such a big and desirable way... but didn't start production of them back up in the least bit? (Obviously COVID-19 surely presents all kinds of unique challenges, but even in the lead up to this game's release before it became a huge issue, there was no sign of them putting the cards back into production...).
99.99% of the player base probably don't care about these cards.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Have the following duplicate fossils for trade:
  • Sabretooth Skull
  • Mammoth Torso x 2
  • Tricera Skull
  • Deinony tail
  • Ankylo Skull
  • Eusthenopteron
  • Amber
  • Left Quetzal Wing

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
On the shortcuts menu, why the hell is it the left stick that is used to navigate the wheel instead of the right stick? Seriously... I don't understand how that decision was made. You're already using your left thumb on the D-pad; the natural process is to them shift to the right thumb on the right stick to navigate the wheel.

Am I the only one who is bothered by that?
You're not alone. I've been playing every day for like 2 weeks and it's still a very clunky process for me to switch tools.

There are a lot of small QoL and gameplay mechanic type stuff where I think "Seriously, Nintendo?" I'd love to know the thought process behind what items stack and what don't, or why you can't batch craft multiple items in one go...

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm not gonna name names, because it happened on the Discord and not here but, a friendly reminder:

DO NOT PICK FUCKING FLOWERS WHILE YOU'RE VISITING SOMEONE'S ISLAND UNLESS THAT SOMEONE SPECIFICALLY AGREED TO IT, OTHERWISE IT'S JUST FUCKING RUDE AND ASSHOLE-LIKE BEHAVIOR, EVEN MORE SO IF YOU'RE A TOTAL STRANGER MEETING THEM FOR THE FIRST TIME.

I spend hours every day on my flowers, I try my best to produce hybrids, which takes time, sweat and work, dealing with a very fickle RNG and still figuring things out, so when you come into my island, picking up flowers from my hybrids that I'm desperately trying to make reproduce for the past days to no avail, I ain't gonna be happy about it at all, because that's gonna be 3 more days until I can try to make them reproduce again, waiting for them to bloom again. Don't be that person, if you do, you are quite literally wasting my time. Don't be an asshole. Don't pick flowers up.

If you're picking them up thinking you'll be able to replant them on your island: that's NOT how this shit works. You won't. You can only use them on very rare recipes I'm pretty sure you don't fucking own already anyway.

PS: I like having my island open to people I'm not friends with because I ain't gonna befriend the entirety of the people on that Discord (or on here), but still wanna help out y'all. When you harvest my flowers, you exploit my kindness and make it difficult for me to want to be open to strangers, while AC is all about kindness and openness. Don't be that person. Don't pick flowers up.
I second this. Also... DON'T RUN! Running can trample flowers returning them to a 'bud' state - a lot of people spend a huge chunk of time on their flowers so treat them and their islands with respect. If you're going to someones island treat it as if you're going to someones house/apartment for the first time... don't trash the place!

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast

I mean, the older series 1- 4 for 3DS to WiiU still work and are plentiful on Amazon. I hear some people found them in Walmart. Would be nice to get newer created New Horizon specific villagers (would be even nicer to get specific ones you want, like Ankha without paying $99.99)... but the cards are out there if you want them.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017

Also don't run through flowers either. I was in a friend's island and someone else was there as well and he just shot through an entire flower patch. Don't be a jerk, walk around the flowers.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
does anyone have BUNNY NOSES in their shop!??

i need (4) of them!

heres a pic i found on reddit:

6aOh9ll.jpg

Aug 12, 2019
I mean, the older series 1- 4 for 3DS to WiiU still work and are plentiful on Amazon. I hear some people found them in Walmart. Would be nice to get newer created New Horizon specific villagers (would be even nicer to get specific ones you want, like Ankha without paying $99.99)... but the cards are out there if you want them.

They're not really available on Amazon TBH. Either really marked up prices or exclusively available through third party vendors also at higher prices. They really don't seem available at all from what I can tell...

How much were packs supposed to cost before the mark-ups?

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
My wife and I share an island together, and we have 8 other villagers that live there. Are we at the max capacity now? I want to say I read that you could have 10 residents altogether, but I don't know if that includes player characters too? Can anyone confirm?

GK86

Oct 25, 2017

This is why I haven't opened up my island unless it was 1v1 trading. People aren't considerate of others. There was another poster here that complained about people leaving their junk on the island. Smh.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I actually don't really know why they haven't taken the Octopus body type and just made a cone shaped head to add a squid

Octopus neighbors in AC have always been treated as sort of easter eggs, without much attention given to them

I miss Inkwell, though. He should come back, just so there's easy access to an Octopus neighbor.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
is anyone spoofing/using the villager cards to create a town with all handpicked villagers? how's it going for you?

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017

I'm just gonna fence off my flowers when someone visits lol. Good thing I put all of it in one area

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I second this. Also... DON'T RUN! Running can trample flowers returning them to a 'bud' state - a lot of people spend a huge chunk of time on their flowers so treat them and their islands with respect. If you're going to someones island treat it as if you're going to someones house/apartment for the first time... don't trash the place!
Also don't run through flowers either. I was in a friend's island and someone else was there as well and he just shot through an entire flower patch. Don't be a jerk, walk around the flowers.

That's also fucking true lol, basically walk around patch of flowers, don't go in them, don't run in them, don't pick flowers up. But people destroying petals of flowers inadvertently because they were running and didn't pay enough attention at least didn't mean to do wrong at the time. And they'll bloom again the next day, so that's only 1 day wasted. It's annoying, but it's often not intentional, so I'm more keen on forgiving people as long as they learn from it.

But when people pick flowers up, there's an intent to do it that is there, and it's even more vile knowing my dodo code was accompanied by a "don't fucking pick flowers up thanks" message that possibly couldn't have been missed in the first place. So yeah, that pissed me off a lot.

kK9mBYE.gif

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No, it's a bonus feature and the cards did so badly the first time that I highly doubt we will ever see amiibo cards for any game ever again.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Helpful Advice for anyone reading this PSA:

From Animal Crossing Turnips Thread, the advice going around there is to do the following things before opening your airport:
  • Wall off all of your flower beds with fencing.
  • Set aside multiple workbenches scattered throughout the islands.
  • If you have tree farms but you don't want players to pick the fruits, wall those trees up with fencing.
  • Make clear paths toward the Nook's Cranny.
  • Put a garbage bin next to, or near, the airport.
I think that's pretty much it.

machine

Oct 25, 2017
is anyone spoofing/using the villager cards to create a town with all handpicked villagers? how's it going for you?
I have maybe 40-50 cards. I used them to get Roald and I should get Goldie tomorrow. Using cards to summon various villagers may be a good source of recipes so I'll probably run through my stack eventually.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Help

I am playing on the same switch as my girlfriend; we are on the same island. I played first, and got to the point where Tom Nook asked me to build a bridge so that we can then build three houses on the other side of the creek. I stopped playing there. My girlfriend then started playing and got to that point (after building her own house). When she talks to Tom Nook, he tells her that she could help me with the housing project. The problem is: he doesn't give her the recipe to build a bridge.

How does she get that recipe so she can build a bridge?

Thanks

JooJ

Oct 27, 2017
Help

I am playing on the same switch as my girlfriend; we are on the same island. I played first, and got to the point where Tom Nook asked me to build a bridge so that we can then build three houses on the other side of the creek. I stopped playing there. My girlfriend then started playing and got to that point (after building her own house). When she talks to Tom Nook, he tells her that she could help me with the housing project. The problem is: he doesn't give her the recipe to build a bridge.

Thanks

Progression is always locked to the first resident which is a pain.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Help

Thanks

Only the first player can progress the island. Every other player can't do shit. It sucks. I had to buy my fiancee another Switch.

Last edited:

VentusGallius

Oct 25, 2017
Help

Thanks

Only the Island Representative gets full control of the island. Any other player sharing the island is closer to a controllable villager. So the second player has limited options and cannot initiate public works.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
They're not really available on Amazon TBH. Either really marked up prices or exclusively available through third party vendors also at higher prices. They really don't seem available at all from what I can tell...

How much were packs supposed to cost before the mark-ups?

That's weird. I bought a pack Sunday that arrived Tuesday with 18 cards (6 series 2, 6 series 3, 6 series 4) for $24.99.

9804-CDF6-B775-4-BF5-A360-FCA503540525.jpg

I think packs were $10 each

If the prices have gone up sharply in 5 days, that would be insane.

Edit: You're right...
Price went up to $33
Amazon link

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Kinda

I only have 1 pack of cards, and of that, only two neighbors I like (Julian and Camofrog), so just making due with what I have

Wish I had Octavian, Punchy, Sprocket, Dobie, Lucky and Tucker, but whatever.

I'm also (im)patiently waiting for them to add back in the Nintendo amiibo neighbors so I can have Epona and Ganon

Status
Not open for further replies.