• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
hey all - not sure which channel is right for this in the discord, anyone trading fruit? I've oranges, apples and some bamboo, need anything else!
If you aren't anti-egg I can open up my gates and you can grab whatever cherries or coconuts you want. I could use some oranges.

Edit: Or not, I forgot that maintenance is going on.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
So when do you unlock terraforming? And how does it work? Is it just a small section at a time and you got to pay a crapload for each one?

I don't think anyone responded but I just got it and can answer. I guess I'll tag in case anyone still cares.

Right after the KK concert which happens the day after when your island has a 3 star evaluation. I reached that on the day of my 8th villager moving in; I know some people have talked about needing more fences or decorations, but I think all my fencing around stuff like turnips or my fruit trees, along with the tons of fish I currently have placed out waiting for CJ, made that easily satisfied.

You pay miles for individual permits - 6k each for being able to make water and cliffs, 2k each for 9 more (at least I think you only start with 1 of the 10? I just bought them all right away) ground types including one that's just placing custom patterns - but thankfully you then have unlimited use of whatever you have a permit for. There are no costs or any crafting materials used, you're free to go wild with it.

You place things square by square. You can press the button again to make it a rounded corner if that makes sense, and again to erase it. And it looks like custom pattern paths can't have found corners, just erased. And now that I check, it seems like pressing Y will still erase them too, which isn't true for paths. It's faster to place one design down multiple times this way than the usual way since you only have to select it once and then don't have to use any menus, though, so there's still that benefit.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm having fun personally, it's fun to decorate the town for the holiday !!

I think this is the intent. They expect us to want to decorate the island for Bunny Day. Unfortunately the timing is just bad where many of us, myself included, don't want to spend too much time decorating the island until we have the island designer app to do some terraforming with.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Without Amiibo cards, how hard is it to get new villagers once you hit max? You have to force someone to leave first, right? Is there a particular process?

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Server maintenance, lol.
Just as I was drawing something on your billboard.
Seems you're out of luck today.
Lol. Thanks for the flowers and fruit though. I can send stuff in mail if you need any specific things that I might have. Might try to reopen this afternoon after turnip prices reset since I have another work meeting and can leave the game running.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Looking for 4 orange tulips, willing to pay or trade a nook miles ticket or something for them!

First one you have to take, I think others only show up if you use amiibos.

Aw seriously? I have the absolute worst luck with villagers :(

I haven't gotten any since the forced one. My game broken?

How do villagers work anyway? They just randomly show up?

You have to invite the first villager to your town, it's part of the tutorial.

After that you can do as you please.

Ah okay, thats good to hear. I guess I'm gonna have to accept this poor dude just to whack him with the net until he leaves.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, tarantula farming is awesome. Made 200k bells last night in an hour (would have been quicker if I didn't keep getting bit...)

Seems like the optimal way to get bells is tarantula farm a few times a week, play the stalk market, repeat forever.

mantidor

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I knew you need three fishes for C.J.'s models. af I would've made a shark model but they are out until december in southern hemisphere. I had dozens of them. The worst part is that now they are displayed in an awful tank instead of an aquarium, which is why I never kept them.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know why some of my trees stopped growing? Too many? There are forty in the "grove." D:

EUnXmG5VAAEkNyI

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit the online stuff is awful. Could they possibly make it more of a pain in the ass to visit or be visited lol

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know why some of my trees stopped growing? Too many? There are forty in the "grove." D:

EUnXmG5VAAEkNyI

I think trees may be too close to one another. There needs to be 8 squares of space around a tree so fruit/wood can drop onto it when you shake/chop the tree. And those spaces can't overlap with the spaces of another tree. If the trees are fully grown, then I think they continue to produce fruit, but the saplings don't grow. You can always grow them somewhere else, then transfer them.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
I've literally been farming balloons for over an hour and like 90% of them are egg balloons. No sakura recipes at all so far today :(

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Without Amiibo cards, how hard is it to get new villagers once you hit max? You have to force someone to leave first, right? Is there a particular process?
Harder than with no amiibos thats for sure.
From what ive read with amiibos after you hit max the game lets you choose who to kick out, without amiibos going the random campers route the camper will choose one of the villager to kick out at random. It said once that camper gives you the random villager they wanna kick you can switch off the game fast if its one of your favourites so he changes the villager he wants to kick out when you talk with him again, but I dont know how true is that.

Of course, another terrible game design decission by the devs. This one is even stupidier becuase, at least here, they dont sell amiibo cards anymore, so its not like they are getting a on of money for them, the only ones earning money here are fucking scalpers.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
So despite having played every entry since the GC game, should I be doing anything more with flowers here? I've had some hybrids, much like before I just sorta look at them like "neat!"
Should I actually be plucking those petals and selling them? I can't remember if that was introduced in new leaf but now I'm sitting here wondering if you're just left with plant stems.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
So despite having played every entry since the GC game, should I be doing anything more with flowers here? I've had some hybrids, much like before I just sorta look at them like "neat!"
Should I actually be plucking those petals and selling them? I can't remember if that was introduced in new leaf but now I'm sitting here wondering if you're just left with plant stems.

Just water the stems again and the petals will grow back. If you have a good variety of flowers and hybrids, that will get more bugs to your island so you can donate them to the museum or sell for profit.

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
Gates are open!

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Travel package (COVID-19 Free):

- GIVEAWAY! Take whatever you see by the stall;
- Southern hemisphere creatures;
- Able Sisters open and selling dresses and tiara wigs;
- Nooks selling cosmos, rose and lily seeds
- Feel free to take fruits;
- If you can, bring your local grown flowers to plant in my island;
- Please DO NOT touch my flowers.

Thanks!

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
Now I've unlocked river and cliff tools, I have no idea what to do or how to design my town...

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
FINALLY got 3 stars after planting 50 more flowers.

I died at Isabelle's reaction to the 3-star feedback.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'll be free for the next few hours. They're doing online maintenance right now though. I'll try and keep tabs on the online status and I'll send you a PM when it's back up if I'm still around. Does that sound alright?
Sounds perfect. I'm not going to play now, but I'll check back here every 15 minutes to look for your message :)

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, now that I do have terraforming I can finally extend the cliff in front of my house and build an incline. And... shit. Fears confirmed.

would it really be so terrible to have an option for thinner 3-space width inclines and bridges so it could be centered... why do they have to be 4 spaces while houses are 5...

I think I'll do the left one and just deal, but like... I am very bad at design and organizing. I am going to have a mess of paths and fences and patches of overcrowded trees. But even I just want a nice symmetrical walk up to my door...

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
If anyone has sakura dupe recipes I have a couple of bamboos ones left I can trade. I don't feel comfortable farming balloons until this balloon bug is addressed. I'm about 76% or so to getting the 300 glitch lock-out.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao I just had a villager park their ass right in the middle of the stairs to the airport and start sipping their drink. And you can't push them when they're sitting so I'm just like "MOTT MOVE, god!"

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Now I've unlocked river and cliff tools, I have no idea what to do or how to design my town...
The first thing to do imo is do everything you usually do and clear inconvenient spots on your route
Second is think about the immovable areas and design the town around that (eg town hall, airport, river mouths)

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Not surprising, since the game seems to favor moving in randoms to available plots rather than the campground.

I mean it may have been different since I recruited the rest of my villagers from mystery islands except for my last visitor who randomly decided to buy my remaining plot. The Sold sign said Tom, so I gotta look him up.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone has sakura dupe recipes I have a couple of bamboos ones left I can trade. I don't feel comfortable farming balloons until this balloon bug is addressed. I'm about 76% or so to getting the 300 glitch lock-out.

I think the lockout occurs upon accepting the badge for it, so you might be okay as long as you remember to leave that alone. Still, will keep an eye out for repeats.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
My daughter can't go online but I'm pretty sure I have a family Nintendo account thing. How do I check I do, and what does she have to do to join it? She has a Nintendo network account I think and it's tied to her profile

Status
Not open for further replies.