• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my I can finally relax. Found all my most wanted cherry blossom DIY. Having them in baloons and closing in on 300 popped was making me VERY stressed.
I love cherry blossom so I really wanted those things. Finally!

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Opening my island for a bit. Please don't trample my flowers. Have oranges and peaches fruiting (sorry I grabbed all the pears I guess). Selling orange and red windflower, red and yellow hyacinth, and yellow and white Lily. turnips only selling for 162. Able sisters just opened as well in 15 min or so.

hopefully can make some friends to send me cherries or some of the other seeds (have tulips as well but not for sale today).

Dodo code: JT3SX

Shudouken

Jun 19, 2019
Opening my island for a bit. Please don't trample my flowers. Have oranges and peaches fruiting (sorry I grabbed all the pears I guess). Selling orange and red windflower, red and yellow hyacinth, and yellow and white Lily. turnips only selling for 162. Able sisters just opened as well in 15 min or so.

hopefully can make some friends to send me cherries or some of the other seeds (have tulips as well but not for sale today).
I'll bring some cherries when I come over.

Last edited:

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Has anyone seen the Iron Armor and Boots, or are they DIY recipes only?

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Almost all trees on my island is freaking egg tree. I'm not getting even 50% of the resources I was getting before... I don't know, this was cute for a day but ehhh.

Shudouken

Jun 19, 2019
Thanks. I am going to be running a meeting for the next hour so not sure how I will get them. Just drop them? Not sure how it works really as this is my first time doing this.
Communication has been interrupted.
You might have to post a new dodo code.
Also might wanna make it hidden for people not replying to this thread.

Emerald Hawk

Dec 12, 2017
New Jersey
Crazy question:

I purchased one digital copy of Animal Crossing. My wife plays it on her switch and my kids play on a second switch (Thanks Nintendo!). I understand they can't visit each other's islands this way unless we buy a second copy.

What if I were to borrow a physical copy of the game, and using this physical copy on one switch and a digital copy on the other, they visit each other's islands for a few minutes. Presumably this would work, and in addition cause the mail system to connect the two islands. Then, after that, I return the physical copy and go back to sharing one digital copy. Would I still be able to send mail between the two islands while sharing only one digital copy? Sorry if this sounds like piracy, but it's not clear to me what Nintendo intends to happen in this case. I can't tell if this would be circumventing some sort of intentional protection or not.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Ok, I can MAYBE understand your Axe and Shovel breaking. Fine. Even your Fishing pole... ok whatever. But why does your watering can and Sling Shot need to break? Such a weird design decision.

Also is it beneficial to water plants even after they bloom? I feel like I heard its how you get more to sprout.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I purchased one digital copy of Animal Crossing. My wife plays it on her switch and my kids play on a second switch (Thanks Nintendo!). I understand they can't visit each other's islands this way unless we buy a second copy.
I could be wrong, but I was under the impression it was possible to play online multiplayer together with just one digital copy as long as you have the online family sub. This post turned up in a search. I don't do it myself so maybe that is inaccurate, but it's worth a shot.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I'm kinda running out of steam in this game. I just unlocked the campsite but this event added to some really questionable design choices really mar what has been a wonderful game for me. Maybe I should just take a week off and come back to it when I'm looking forward to it again.

Oct 25, 2017
With 8 villagers, I'm now at 2 stars and getting feedback for more decorations. Can I just take furniture in my house and shove it outside, and plant flowers?

THube

Oct 27, 2017
This is just straight up not fun... Even the dialogue loops have been neutered just for this event. I don't know how I'm expected to stick with this till the 12th

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I can MAYBE understand your Axe and Shovel breaking. Fine. Even your Fishing pole... ok whatever. But why does your watering can and Sling Shot need to break? Such a weird design decision.

Also is it beneficial to water plants even after they bloom? I feel like I heard its how you get more to sprout.
That's how you get hybrids outside of rain.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I could be wrong, but I was under the impression it was possible to play online multiplayer together with just one digital copy as long as you have the online family sub. This post turned up in a search. I don't do it myself so maybe that is inaccurate, but it's worth a shot.

It's totally fine to do that. My wife and I have been playing the same digital copy on two different switches this whole time. Can visit each other's islands and everything.

RobiniboR

Oct 29, 2017
If anyone wants to come hang out on my island it's open for all friends! SW-3044-4923-4132
It would be really nice if you could bring some flowers I could plant, anything but pansies, tulips and cosmos. 🙂

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
If you guys are so angry toward this festival, I think you are taking the grind wayyy too seriously. You don't have to catch all the April fishs in one day, and you don't have to grind 30 woods in one day or 12 iron ores in one day, especially if you have been playing for 2 weeks already.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
If you guys are so angry toward this festival, I think you are taking the grind wayyy too seriously. You don't have to catch all the April fishs in one day, and you don't have to grind 30 woods in one day or 12 iron ores in one day, especially if you have been playing for 2 weeks already.

I agree, though I don't like the way the dialogue loops for your citizens. I was having more interesting interactions before. Not a big deal, but unfortunate.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Despite how absurd all this egg furniture is, I'm kind of loving it.

EUnJZVPU8AAR1LV

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I agree, though I don't like the way the dialogue loops for your citizens. I was having more interesting interactions before. Not a big deal, but unfortunate.
Yeah it's also the only thing I find unfortunate about it.
Thankfully I have 9 villagers so they hang out a lot in the plaza and interact a lot with each others today, having a lot of fun discussions between them.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I dunno. I think its still an odd design choice; most of the "progress" in the game is tied to mainly upgrading your house. To do so, you need bells and the primary source of those come from catching bugs or much more profitable, fishing. When 80% of the things you fish up ending up being eggs, it deeply hampers the ability to "progress"...and i use the term progress loosely because obviously, Animal Crossing by design is a waiting game which is fine.

But if you want to come on and search for stuff, you really can't specifically because the eggs have overtaken everything. Its a cool idea in theory but poorly implemented.
What it *should* have been is a special island you could visit once per day/use nook miles to get another ticket for (and they should be higher than normal, like 5000 miles) where you could get more of the materials. That would give plenty of time to stock up.
The way this stuff drops is insane; with a few hours of play time you can build every item available for Bunny Day and be done...and there's still 10 days left for the event.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Have the taken out looking for fossil names in the telenook with the new update or im just not founfing it now?
WTF, me and my friends used that for fossil interchange to look for what we were missing, even if you couldnt buy them.

Animal Crossing, 1 step forward two steps back.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I scored Lucky as my last villager. This unfortunately means I have no crankies, but I wasn't going to turn down the mummy dog. Hopefully one of my jocks chooses to leave soon; I'm not a big fan of either of them.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
This is just straight up not fun... Even the dialogue loops have been neutered just for this event. I don't know how I'm expected to stick with this till the 12th

Just go in, do what you need to do and that's all. That way you don't get burnt out before this event is over and can just continue like normal afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.