• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

YellowBara

Oct 26, 2017
Got a TON of work done on my town tonight, really love the layout so far! I've already done so much of my marketplace (not pictured) that I decided to start decking out my villager's houses finally.

EUmfTttU8AEX7Jk
EUmfTtrUMAEZsQu
EUmfTtjU4AIhrYB
EUmfTtqUYAIwElX

Leonardo, Molly and Hamphrey are about to live large!
Really love how the front of my place came out too! Double stairs looks so nice.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Did Nintendo ever say why there aren't Nintendo themed items in the game?

Wouldn't be surprised if they add them later via update. Potentially even in line with big game releases like they do with the Spirits in Smash.

There is Switches at least, haven't seen anything else yet though. I guess the one of the pots looks kinda Zelda-ish lmao

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
My personal opinion on the eggs VS resources matter:
There should be an NPC that trades you 10 water eggs for X amount of bait, 10 wood eggs for X amount of wood, 10 stone eggs for X amount of iron nuggets...

Oct 27, 2017
Got a TON of work done on my town tonight, really love the layout so far! I've already done so much of my marketplace (not pictured) that I decided to start decking out my villager's houses finally.

EUmfTttU8AEX7Jk
EUmfTtrUMAEZsQu
EUmfTtjU4AIhrYB
EUmfTtqUYAIwElX

Really love how the front of my place came out too! Double stairs looks so nice.
All of this looks incredible. Great job.

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
Well honestly the egg update has really killed the game for me. It disrupts my usual routine too much. I'll be popping on each day for 10 minutes but no more long play sessions until the 13th for me.

Not a huge issue in a game like this but a shame

Oct 25, 2017
K.K. showed up today. This game must have one of the shortest "end of tutorial" ---> "see credits" paths ever, the fact that the game continues after the credits notwithstanding.

I then immediately dropped six thousand Nook Miles on waterscaping so that I can actually build a few bridges.

Also, there are eggs everywhere in the fucking ocean, but I only have two water eggs right now because I've built 25 pieces of Easter Bunny Day clothing and furniture. I believe I read that there are 38 specific event pieces to craft, so I have a ways to go. I got my first DIY-message-in-a-bottle from Zipper today, that creepy little bastard.

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
Man I have quite a few friends who were against it at first, but were contemplating time traveling to cancel out this event lol Now they're doing what I'm doing and just selling the eggs and not giving a shit.

Nintendo really goofed on this one. Like seriously I don't know anyone, neither friends nor people online, that like this event. You don't take an event that normally is only a day and stretch it out to 12 and limit resources because of it. Like if you fish you should get fish but then an egg pops out or something.

Wishful thinking but I wish you were able to talk to Isabelle in the town hall and opt out of events that you don't want to participate. 24 hours in and people are already sick of it, another 11 days are going to really test people's patience.
Well, I like it...or at least I'm not bothered by it.
You get a lot of new recipes, and you get lots of new stuff. But at the same time I'm not playing 12 hours a day like some of my friends.

I'm not sure the game designers were prepared to have people play this more than a few moments each day, so they made sure every time you play a bit, you get a lot of stuff. It's pretty wacky to see so much balloons all the time.

The sakura recipes are quite rare though, I wonder how long this will last ? I got only 2 compared to the tons of Egg stuff.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
Oh my god so much complaining in this thread haha. A fun event like the bunny day thing has people losing their minds that they can't grind and grind and grind in... Animal Crossing?

Thank god I only play for like 20 mins a day. Chill out folks.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way to send Money\Bells to another player. My daughter is a secondary player on my island and is always strapped for cash.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Looking to trade the following fossils:

Sabretooth Skull x 2
Spino Torso
Mammoth Torso
Tricera Skull
Megacero Tail
Diplo Skull
Ankylo Skull

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Any idea what today's patch did? Surely Nintendo could work in a cute way for Nook or Isabelle to give us the patch notes 🤔

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
Just an FYI that the glitch being talked about on Reddit with regards to balloons IS real.

As soon as I hit the achievement for 300 balloons shot down balloons stopped spawning for me entirely.

At the moment the only known fix is creating a second villager that doesn't have the achievement and using them to farm balloons.

Armite

Mar 30, 2018
rsq7Wm5.jpg

I thought I'd ended up on another empty island, but this literal trash isle (where all the "fish" are really tyres etc) spawned an endless supply of these filthy critters. They didn't even seem phased by me at all, so it was a nice, easy haul. Still looking for that tarantula isle, though.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
It genuinely makes me want to play the game less when eggs become the premiere resource I get out of everything... and beyond completion's sake... I don't really like any of the Egg stuff to begin with. Add that to the fact I'm currently villager hunting, and suddenly the game is all around just less enjoyable to play because the grind has increased so exponentially so quickly. I understand why they do villager meeting the way they do... but like, it's a giant pain to literally only be able to get any villagers you want through Amiibo cards that aren't really on the market anymore.

I hope future events aren't as poorly handled as this one clearly has been. It feels like it has actively subtracted part of the experience, not added to it like an event or expansion should.

Hopefully Nintendo listens to the feedback. Would LOVE for them to patch in an option to toggle eggs off but by the time that would even pass, the event would basically be over.

It's always been a crap event in the series, the bunny is creepy as hell, the furniture is completely gross, this seems par the course.

Yeah I'm confused as to why they thought it was a good idea to make it this long. I think more people would be annoyed but not as much if it was just the week leading into Easter. Or at least make eggs rarer.

Well, I like it...or at least I'm not bothered by it.
You get a lot of new recipes, and you get lots of new stuff. But at the same time I'm not playing 12 hours a day like some of my friends.

I'm not sure the game designers were prepared to have people play this more than a few moments each day, so they made sure every time you play a bit, you get a lot of stuff. It's pretty wacky to see so much balloons all the time.

The sakura recipes are quite rare though, I wonder how long this will last ? I got only 2 compared to the tons of Egg stuff.

Yeah for players that only take about an hour out of the day, it's less annoying I'm sure. But I'm used to generating like 200,000 to 300,000 bells a day mostly through fishing lol

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
BOB IS MOVING IN TOMORROW THANK YOU BASED GOD

Bob will be my next Amiibo villager after Kabuki. I did Ankha first, then moving to Kabuki as he's Cranky. Saving Bob until last as he's my best bro, but I've already got Al as a Lazy villager.

My island is called Cat Island :D

Aug 12, 2019
Oh my god so much complaining in this thread haha. A fun event like the bunny day thing has people losing their minds that they can't grind and grind and grind in... Animal Crossing?

Thank god I only play for like 20 mins a day. Chill out folks.

The issue is it's actually intrusive on the daily activities too. There's an entire basically new loot pool for people to explore with April really kicking off Spring in terms of fishing and also a lot of people were utilizing many of the resources from the daily grind like various types of wood/iron/clay/etc.

The eggs just become nuisance when they populate the loot pool for a full two weeks instead of the more standard single day.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bob will be my next Amiibo villager after Kabuki. I did Ankha first, then moving to Kabuki as he's Cranky. Saving Bob until last as he's my best bro, but I've already got Al as a Lazy villager.

My island is called Cat Island :D
I'm trying to limit how many villagers I use amiibo for. Bob's the first and only one so far. I want to get Scoot too, but I already have Bam filling in as the residential muscle head and I've already grown rather attached to him... I also want to grab Peewee, but I might have him come in once I get my 10 villagers so I can replace whomever I like the least. Looking at you, Kyle.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017

EUmfTttU8AEX7Jk
EUmfTtrUMAEZsQu
EUmfTtjU4AIhrYB
EUmfTtqUYAIwElX

Those double stairs look awesome.

Shudouken

Jun 19, 2019
rsq7Wm5.jpg

I thought I'd ended up on another empty island, but this literal trash isle (where all the "fish" are really tyres etc) spawned an endless supply of these filthy critters. They didn't even seem phased by me at all, so it was a nice, easy haul. Still looking for that tarantula isle, though.
Had that same isle yesterday and a stack of those are now waiting for flick.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
Do you have to accept the first campsite visitor? Because I got Pietro and that thing is hideous. I can't believe I got that poor of a random dice roll here...

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Can you increase the sizes of the new rooms? Right now I'm abour to get the basement, and excluding the first floor, all the rooms are so freaking tiny.

That's the last upgrade. Maybe in one of the DLC updates, they may add possibility to increase the sizes like New Leaf, but this time no.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Im sad that the cherry blossom stuff is taking such a back seat to bunny day. I've seen so many amazing recipes for cherry blossom items, and I've got like 80 petals sitting on the ground outside my house. Yet I've only found two recipes. I even sat on the beach attempting to 'farm' normal balloons, but kept getting bells and crafting materials. And I played for like 8 hours yesterday.... I guess they are just fine with the majority of players not being able to get many if any of the seasonal items.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
The issue is it's actually intrusive on the daily activities too. There's an entire basically new loot pool for people to explore with April really kicking off Spring in terms of fishing and also a lot of people were utilizing many of the resources from the daily grind like various types of wood/iron/clay/etc.

The eggs just become nuisance when they populate the loot pool for a full two weeks instead of the more standard single day.
One day? No thank you. I don't want Animal Crossing to dictate my play time that much.
If it's frustrating, that's ok. But I just think it's a slower paced game. It's not meant to be critical pathed or anything. I think if you (royal you) just let go a little bit and play it slowly, you'll have a better time than "I'm playing for 6 hours a day and I can't do exactly what I want in this game to be played over a dull calendar year!!!!"

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im sad that the cherry blossom stuff is taking such a back seat to bunny day. I've seen so many amazing recipes for cherry blossom items, and I've got like 80 petals sitting on the ground outside my house. Yet I've only found two recipes. I even sat on the beach attempting to 'farm' normal balloons, but kept getting bells and crafting materials. And I played for like 8 hours yesterday.... I guess they are just fine with the majority of players not being able to get many if any of the seasonal items.
Over the next several months and events many people in this thread are going to be introduced to the harsh reality that Animal Crossing is not a game to be minmaxed and that the developers will probably continue to make events where it's very improbable that you will get everything through normal play. At least online in this game is a little more user friendly and it will be easier to craft and trade items with others.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Just upgraded from tent to city center - that can't be right though, Nook wants 200k for one bridge? Can I buy that on credit?

Also what is the Bell ticket for?
And some trees I planted really close to each other won't grow, they are tile by tile and also next to the river. Do I only need space between them or also space towards the river?

Aug 12, 2019
One day? No thank you. I don't want Animal Crossing to dictate my play time that much.
If it's frustrating, that's ok. But I just think it's a slower paced game. It's not meant to be critical pathed or anything. I think if you (royal you) just let go a little bit and play it slowly, you'll have a better time than "I'm playing for 6 hours a day and I can't do exactly what I want in this game to be played over a dull calendar year!!!!"

No, I'm saying the recipes are built to require too many resources so the loot pool of the entire game has to change to accommodate that reality with copious amounts of eggs that actually alter how you have to approach it. I'm not even trying to 100% the Easter event or anything, I just think it's better off as a single day event with fewer eggs required for crafting so it doesn't fundamentally change the game for a full two weeks.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So when do you unlock terraforming? And how does it work? Is it just a small section at a time and you got to pay a crapload for each one?

Cambot

Oct 27, 2017
I was there yesterday as well. Those things are 2,000 apiece. I ditched some tool and some dumb eggs to haul more.

rsq7Wm5.jpg

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
I'm going to spend *so much time* covering the walls with pictures. Assuming one had all the house upgrades, what becomes the single biggest room? Thinking of creating an art gallery as a long term project.

Edit: fixed links; new to sharing tweets. I fail at technology...

Status
Not open for further replies.