• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

durrrklin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Best Coast
Hey is there any way to get specific flowers outside of randomly finding them on islands? trying to make a garden wagon so carmen can move to my town but I'm missing a bunch of flowers I've never even seen :(
What kind of flowers do you need?
EUjTvb7UEAA_e77

HOOT!?

To be fair, I was just casually walking on the top of my island, when I saw a brown thing near the river and I was like "was the f*** is that!?" and after I caught it, I saw its actual size.
It doesn't help that apparently this thing eats snakes and fill its victims with gastric juices... what a lovely fellow.

No, I don't accept criticism of my attempt of a Blather cosplay
Ha, that cosplay is great!
It startled me as well when I saw it swimming around, but my exclamation was more of a, "Cool, new bug!"

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Okay this Bunny Day stuff is horrific. It'd be bearable if it weren't for the constant sound of egg balloons and the frustration of unrelenting not-fish. And Zipper found his way into the deep thicket of woods I'm growing and jumpscared me

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Does anyone have the recipe for this fence in their Nook Miles terminal today? I've been waiting for days but I keep getting the same repeats over and over again. I'd love to buy it or trade for it.

CZoE0wP.jpg

edit: Got it, thanks guys!

Last edited:

moving

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo
Ahhh unfortunately I have the gray chunky one. :( Here's a list of what I do have:

blue construction sign
blue lifeguard chair
gray portable toilet
green streetlamp
utility pole with poster
white drink machine
pink and blue public bench
gray snack machine
light brown ride on horse
gray tourist telescope
brown park clock
white phone box
black/red/gold cotton candy stall
primary color playground gym
all white no text parabolic antenna
all black solar panel
white with red stripe wind turbine
black and white lighthouse
red monster statue
gray pool
black/red/gold teacup ride

Looking for pink drink machine, white snack machine, green playground w/pink seat, pink ride on horse, blue and white lighthouse.

I'm not sure if it's possible to buy something from someone else's Nook Stop (I just opened my gate and could access mine so maybe?) but if anyone wants something from my town, @ me and we can figure something out!

Ahh thank you for confirming! That's super annoying but oh well.

I have the pink machine. Would you be willing to trade a grey one?

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Considering the opinions from some of the people here, I'm thinking about holding up on connecting to the internet until next week so I can enjoy the first week of catching bugs & fish on Spring.

durrrklin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Best Coast
I got my first mandatory camper villager to move in(Eugene, who is a wannabe celebrity koala) today. Does this mean villagers will start to appear on Nook Miles Isles again or do I need to buy a plot of land before I can recruit them?
Plot of land first, then they appear on islands. Take note, you can only recruit one villager a day so don't put down more than one plot if you want choose all your new residents.

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still don't have the recipe to make normal ass fences. You know, the one you got from Nook when he told you about fences.
Does anyone have a spare recipe? I give star fragments or gold nuggets in return.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this event is an over-compensation correction from the terrifyingly grindy mobile events. I remember Pocket Camp events being very stressful (and almost required you to buy the "boost" item when it was offered).

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
woo unlocked my island designer app today. This game is cemented as the GOAT. I'm overwhelmed with stuff to do now. First time I had to stop playing from fatigue rather than running out of activities.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Just went to a Nook Miles island to dig up a bunch of flowers, and just happened to land on one with a bunch of hybrid hyacinths! I'm pumped haha.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Does the game implement any kind of sending messages on bottles from players to other players?

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I've got one from a balloon but talking to people it seems they are frustratingly hard to come by. Everything is Bunny Day related so I've only actually seen a couple normal balloons on my island today.

I so want the Cherry Blossom recipes. I have a hot springs and the stuff from the recipes fit the theme perfectly. So far, I have two.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
is there definite answer on how many easter recipes there are. i will need them all!!!!
At least 39 items, of which it looks like 36 have recipes: https://animalcrossingworld.com/gui...nt-how-to-get-eggs-all-easter-items-to-craft/

18 of the recipes are acquired just by collecting enough of each type of egg. The rest I think are from the balloons and bottles only.

Someone posted additional details in the comments:
To get the basket you need to exchange every eggtype to zipper on april 12th.

To get the toy and wand, you need to obtain and craft every recipe except the basket.

If you havent gotten the arch before april 12th Zipper will give it to you for free on that day.

On april 12th eggs and recipes will appear more often.

Hoping that last part is true.

durrrklin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Best Coast
Does anyone have the recipe for this fence in their Nook Miles terminal today? I've been waiting for days but I keep getting the same repeats over and over again. I'd love to buy it or trade for it.

CZoE0wP.jpg
I don't have the recipe today but I can craft them for you. They require 6 iron, PM me if you want me to.
Im looking for fully grown yellow roses,red cosmos and white hyacinths
I have all those, you can come over and pick them if you'd like.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2018
Oops sorry my bad. Would you trade a white drink machine for my pink? Sorry, just woke and still half asleep
Sure thing! I can open up my gate if you wanna try to just buy it from my Nook Stop (idk if that works?) or we can order them today and trade tomorrow. Whatever works!

CZoE0wP.jpg
I have this recipe today! Same as above, you can see if buying from my nook stop works or we can do a trade (if that works? I forget if you get a card for the fence recipes or if they go directly to your phone).

ameleco

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
Trying to buy everything from the able sisters every day is a huge pain in the ass. Why did nintendo think this was a good design choice? At least mark whether or not we have an item already....... geez

EccoCid

Mar 7, 2018
London
I have a great idea!!!!!

Pleaaaase Nintnedo, put Pingu as a guest character in Animal Crossing.
I want him to come to my island and noot the shit out of everything. LOL

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
They were simpler, there was less but it was also more... special to me. Instead of crafting everything yourself you'd go to the store everyday and find 5 or so pieces of furniture and it was like "Aw yes this one is cool!" and you'd go visit people in order to find good furniture, and special holidays was more creative. There's a camel that comes and decorates your home based on a personality test, and gulliver arrives the same was as here but to ask you geographic trivia which causes him to go somewhere by sea and send you a present from there. It was genuinely unique to have Cherries for a player, and then you HAD to go to someone else's town who had something else in order to get it. Here you just buy a nook mile ticket a few times and get all the fruit types. A lot of the "grind" in previous games incentivized multiplayer because it was driven by player uniqueness. The accessibility is so high this time that nothing is very special.

In this game they reduced every living being to a statistic that churns out numbers and I think it really takes away a lot of its charm.

A few times? I've got Nook Tickets everyday and I only got my native fruit and apples. I had to come here, Discord, and my brother to get the rest.

SuperMario

Oct 28, 2017
I really

really

really

need to know how you kick villagers out. Someone said in this thread that when a new one comes in once the island is full, you can choose who leaves, but how do you get new villagers at that point? I have ten neighbours and I went to three random islands today, zero encounters. My campsite has been empty for days. Anyone knows?

durrrklin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Best Coast
Trying to buy everything from the able sisters every day is a huge pain in the ass. Why did nintendo think this was a good design choice? At least mark whether or not we have an item already....... geez
My guess was they thought people would only buy what they want and not try to buy every single thing.
Even so, they should of at least let us multi select and buy. It's a big pain as it is.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Other people discover tarantula islands and hybrid flower islands. Me? Dodo Airlines dumps me on a trash island where every fish in the ocean or river turns out to be literal garbage.

Madman009

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty set. Biggest thing I'm looking for is a Triceratops Head but I'm in no hurry for it.

The hyacinths are at the top right corner, next to the camp.
The yellow roses are next to my resident center and more a bit north of it.
The red cosmos are behind my museum.
If I had one it'd be yours, but yeah thanks man!

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I really

really

really

need to know how you kick villagers out. Someone said in this thread that when a new one comes in once the island is full, you can choose who leaves, but how do you get new villagers at that point? I have ten neighbours and I went to three random islands today, zero encounters. My campsite has been empty for days. Anyone knows?
I only know how it works for amiibos.

Status
Not open for further replies.