• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You need the Island Designer app! The game doesn't tell you how to unlock it but you just need to keep progressing the "main" story. If you want to know specifics:

Once you move someone in from the campsite, you'll get the option to do an island eval with Isabelle. You need to get a 3 star rating, which is near-impossible to get until you have 8 villagers living in your town. Once you get the 3 star rating, you'll get Island Designer the next day.
Ok. Thank you very much.

I really want that app. Laying the floor will help me so much, with sorting out where i want to put new plots.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Gates are open!

I'm doing a big giveaway, so please come take whatever you see by the stall.

My travel package:

- Southern Hemisphere fishes and bugs
- All fruits, take as many as you want
- Able Sisters are open and selling some royal outfits
- Nook is selling lily, rose and cosmos seeds
- Open exhibition of my bunny furniture
- Please DO NOT touch my flowers

[Hidden content]

Thanks!
I've made a couple of stalls but I'm afraid the game will think I'm littering if I leave items sitting on them. Any idea if they give a negative rating or worse, get cleared as if they're trash?

durrrklin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Best Coast
I've been trading with a couple of friends so I'm almost done with the fossils. I have no idea what some of the missing ones are named so here goes
Have:

Amber
Anomalocaris x2
Dimetredon Skull
Dino Track x2
Eusthenopetron
Juraima x2
Megacero Skull x2
Opthalmo Skull x2
Pachy Tail
Right Petra Wing

Need:
IMG_20200401_034556.jpg

Whatever these are ^
Ptera torso/head (1 or 2 things idk)
Ankylosaurs Tail
Parasaurolophus Tail
Brachiosaurus Tail
Dimetrodon Tail (back half)
Mammoth Torso (back half)
Sabertooth Head (front half)
Triceratops Head
Megacerops Torso (middle third)
Megaloceros Left Side? (Idk what its called)

I should look them up to be more accurate but I'm sleepy.

Quoting myself so people can see it now at a more reasonable hour. xD

Crepuscular

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have a weird specific question that has probably been answered before but it's hard to search for:

I have a Switch and this game, and I love my island dearly already. I've been considering picking up a Switch Lite to be my secondary switch...now, of course I know that I CANNOT share cloud saves/my island between the two switches on a day-to-day basis. What I'm wondering though is, could I start an entirely new island on the new switch, even if I'm still using the same profile between the two switches? Since there's no cloud save data involved, I don't see why it *wouldn't* work....but I'm too terrified to start a new island on the lite and have my precious OG island wiped out lol ;_;.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Day 13 on the island.

A hideous beast has appeared in the center of town. Despite repeated blows from my net, it remains. Sometimes I try to hit it with my net but accidentally talk to it.

The island is infested with eggs. An invasive species. They have rotted the island from the inside out. Eggs in the water, in the trees, in the very ground we walk on. Eggs in the air we breathe.

The once gentle angel's breath of a balloon present has been replaced by the constant, leering drone of terror eggs. They persist, they persist.

I seek fish, I find eggs. I seek fossils, eggs. I pop balloons, but still, eggs. I shake trees, eggs. I chop wood, yet there are eggs.

Yet there are eggs.

(also, this shit is ugly)

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Gates are open!

I'm doing a big giveaway, so please come take whatever you see by the stall.

My travel package:

- Southern Hemisphere fishes and bugs
- All fruits, take as many as you want
- Able Sisters are open and selling some royal outfits
- Nook is selling lily, rose and cosmos seeds
- Open exhibition of my bunny furniture
- Please DO NOT touch my flowers

[Hidden content]

Thanks!
If open I would love to come, need those flowers! ^^

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
my town hall opens tomorrow. Is it true that the game really opens up after you get to that point?

rubbishmonkey

Oct 27, 2017
Bleh I invited Goldie to my campsite and she requested something I don't have the recipe for. Wil lshe ask for something different if I invite her again?

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
So has a decent online "island editor" been created yet (I'm assuming its inevitable)? It would be almost essential for planning all the island editing once we all get to that point.

Feb 4, 2018
Quoting myself so people can see it now at a more reasonable hour. xD
One of the ones you're missing is called Myllokunmingia. After that, I think you're only missing one more! The front four pedestals on the left and two front ones on the right filled in with the bell jars for me over time.

So has a decent online "island editor" been created yet (I'm assuming its inevitable)? It would be almost essential for planning all the island editing once we all get to that point.
The most popular one is https://eugeneration.github.io/HappyIslandDesigner/

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
EUjI-d_UUAAMfOa

NO ONE TOLD ME THERE WERE GIANT COCKROACHES IN THIS GAME

I don't care if the game call this a Stink Bug, this is a giant cockroach and you can't change my mind.

durrrklin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Best Coast
One of the ones you're missing is called Myllokunmingia. After that, I think you're only missing one more! The front four pedestals on the left and two front ones on the right filled in with the bell jars for me over time.

The most popular one is https://eugeneration.github.io/HappyIslandDesigner/
Wow, cool! I am even closer to finishing than I thought.
EUjI-d_UUAAMfOa

NO ONE TOLD ME THERE WERE GIANT COCKROACHES IN THIS GAME

I don't care if the game call this a Stink Bug, this is a giant cockroach and you can't change my mind.
I found Blather's Era account.

KyleP29

Oct 25, 2017
I had 61 tarantulas in my inventory that I was too lazy to sell and Flick showed up on my island today 🤑

Had 171 tarantulas in storage for Flick to show today.... $2 Million bells was quite welcome.

Who needs the Stalk market when you can get in the bug game. Though... still made 1.9 Million on the Stalk market yesterday with the help of era.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I. Love. This. Game. So. Much.

As much as I thought I would. It's like a big ol, apocalypse distracting comfort blanket.
It could become my GOTY.
What do I do wrong?
It's so cumbersome. Tom Nook is talking forever and the Island is a wasteland.
I get why people with too much time could dig into, but how can it be fun for a gamer?
Never played something like Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley?
I'm having a blast with the Easter event. I think it's really fun to find eggs, and the rewards seem pretty cool.

I think some people may be treating this game more like a job than a relaxing experience. If you don't get a fish on the first day of April, there's a lot more days in the month to find it.
Yeah, some in here just need to relax. Even the Bunny Day Event is going for 12(!) days and they are panicking like crazy.
That's what I've been complaining about since E3 >:) We're the same. I just think it's so contrary to what AC should be about and that's why I've started to question what kinds of corporate mandates the higher ups at Nintendo decided here.
I'm curious, as I've never played an Animal Crossing game before this one: What did you do in the older games that is supposedly so much better?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Tell me we don't have to make six sets of identical but slightly different coloured stupid egg outfits as well as the furniture?

Feb 4, 2018
So I saw a gallery of all the Nook Miles object color variations: https://imgur.com/a/xe0GcrO#KqRXzMZ

It seems like the colors are set for each town, like I have the black lighthouse, blue lifeguard chair, white drink machine every day. Is it possible to buy the color you want from someone else's Nook Stop? I haven't tried it yet but I'm dying for the blue lighthouse and pink drink machine.

bazzi

Dec 19, 2017
one of the villagers asked me to give a present to another villager, how am I supposed to deliver it? just talk to them?

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
So I saw a gallery of all the Nook Miles object color variations: https://imgur.com/a/xe0GcrO#KqRXzMZ

It seems like the colors are set for each town, like I have the black lighthouse, blue lifeguard chair, white drink machine every day. Is it possible to buy the color you want from someone else's Nook Stop? I haven't tried it yet but I'm dying for the blue lighthouse and pink drink machine.
Can't you just customise them yourself?
I customised the rock pool (those variations are awesome).

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
It could become my GOTY.

Never played something like Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley?

Yeah, some in here just need to relax. Even the Bunny Day Event is going for 12(!) days and they are panicking like crazy.

I'm curious, as I've never played an Animal Crossing game before this one: What did you do in the older games that is supposedly so much better?

The only big changes I can think of, as someone who's played since GCN, is the villagers give less chores and there's DIY now. The villagers might also have less dialogue options but the more I play the less I believe this. There's some characters missing but with a few exceptions they were eliminated because their job is now a part of another system. The biggest missing thing in the game, as far as I know, is Redd's paintings.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
Whew... I'm tired if this event already.

I cant chop down and plant trees or build fences for a moment without that "gust of wind" noise and running to shoot down a balloon. I've settled on running for my house when I finish chores just so I don't miss the limited spawning balloons.

Ugh... that wind gust noise fills me with dread. They even send 2 balloons at a time, those maniacs.

Last edited:

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Based on what I read, it seems like you can customize the DIYs, but not the Nook Miles items you buy outright? I can't say for sure though since I haven't bought any of them yet. Might buy the 2 seat bench today so I can check tomorrow.
I'll need to double check when I get home but I think I have the pink slim vending machine. Do you have the white chunky one? We could try to trade or buy from each others town, I'm not actually sure how that works.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Based on what I read, it seems like you can customize the DIYs, but not the Nook Miles items you buy outright? I can't say for sure though since I haven't bought any of them yet. Might buy the 2 seat bench today so I can check tomorrow.
Correct, others will have to offer up their Nook order items if you want different colors. The only one you don't have to worry about is the sandbox, as that seems to be just the one, static model.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Correct, others will have to offer up their Nook order items if you want different colors. The only one you don't have to worry about is the sandbox, as that seems to be just the one, static model.
That's a weirdly silly restriction.
Obviously the customisation options exist, they're just not enabled for... reasons I guess. To force players to hop around in the awkward online, I suppose.

You can't even use the Nook machine when the gate is open, can you?

(my lighthouse is white, my drink vending machine is green)

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Why is this event 12 days long? Is it going to be half of April, every April? I was raised Catholic and even we didn't make this big a deal of Easter.

This is as big a piece of hacky mobile game DNA as the materials grind.

Brewster123

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA
Why is this event 12 days long? Is it going to be half of April, every April? I was raised Catholic and even we didn't make this big a deal of Easter.

Probably because they wanted to make the event more open to people who were busy on April 1st? I certainly prefer having the events last longer than 1 day.

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017

It's 12 days so they can fucking fix the balloon glitch in time so I can get some of the recipes.

or you know, so everyone has a chance to play during the event unlike forum freaks like us that play the game hours upon hours a day.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia

There are waaay way too many things to craft, I guess they wanted to give people (with all kinds of schedules) a chance to find all the recipes and craft them.
Pity all the egg stuff is ugly though.

Madman009

Oct 27, 2017
Hey is there any way to get specific flowers outside of randomly finding them on islands? trying to make a garden wagon so carmen can move to my town but I'm missing a bunch of flowers I've never even seen :(

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Probably because they wanted to make the event more open to people who were busy on April 1st? I certainly prefer having the events last longer than 1 day.
It's 12 days so they can fucking fix the balloon glitch in time so I can get some of the recipes.

or you know, so everyone has a chance to play during the event unlike forum freaks like us that play the game hours upon hours a day.
I've only played about an hour today while I was on lunch and I'm already burnt out on it.

Maybe this would work? As the Resident Representative you get to set the date of the festival, and it's like a three day affair.

Status
Not open for further replies.