• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
How do you get your creator id code like this? Trying to figure out how and which done i need to share to go online.
I think it automatically added it the first time I looked at the custom patterns in the store, or maybe when I went to register my own pattern, one of the two.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Let's all gather to trade kitchen stuff - I can bring materials and kitchen stuff for people to catalog! My town is cool too, I have Able Sisters and Saharah right now!
I'm down! Here's what I can offer.

Crafting (Don't any extra Recipes unfortunately!)
  • Cutting board
    • 2 hardwood
    • Iron nugget
  • Unglazed dish set
    • 3 clay
  • Frying pan
    • 2 iron nugget
  • Golden dishes
    • 1 gold nugget
  • Iron wall lamp
    • 3 iron nugget
    • 2 clay
  • Iron wall rack
    • 3 iron nugget
    • 1 clay
Unfortunately, I don't have any of my kitchen items, but I can order them. That takes a day, right?

Items
  • Kettle (Gold) 710
  • Knife block 1200
  • Magnetic knife rackn
  • Pop-up toaster 2300
  • Rice cooker 2500
  • Stand mixer (Pink) 1400
  • Tea set 1000
  • Utility Sink 3500

Last edited:

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I would love to get in on the kitchen crafting/trading stuff too btw! I found a diner seat and now I want to make my new room into a kitchen/diner.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Been doing a lot of fishing today, mainly in pursuit of the chain fishing achievement, and I caught an oarfish! To Blathers I go.

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
Does anyone have this for trade?

- Antique wardrobe
- Beach towel
- Lighthouse
- Sandbox
- Barbell
- Climbing wall
- Garbage bin
- Rocket lamp
- Toilet
- Lucky gold cat

- Simple Fence DYI

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
is it just coincidence that the three islands I visited after putting some land down were birds (Pom Pom, friga, Gladys)? was hoping for something else. Oh well let's see who moves in tomorrow

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
My kitchen items if there's interest, PM me!

Brick Pizza Oven
Outdoor Smoker
BBQ Grill
Rice Cooker
Soup Pot
Shaved Ice Maker
Blender
Picnic basket
Kitchenette recipe
Hearth
frying pan
sandwich board sign

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
So I finally have my playtime stat displayed on my Switch profile:
"Played 165 hours of more" since the 20th of March.

RnWl4yU.gif

I guess I really be living my lockdown life on AC.

Last edited:

mk_68

Banned
Feb 3, 2020

Recipes
  • Cutting board
    • 2 hardwood
    • Iron nugget
  • Unglazed dish set
    • 3 clay
  • Frying pan
    • 2 iron nugget
  • Golden dishes
    • 1 gold nugget
  • Iron wall lamp
    • 3 iron nugget
    • 2 clay
  • Iron wall rack
    • 3 iron nugget
    • 1 clay
Unfortunately, I don't have any of my kitchen items, but I can order them. That takes a day, right?

Items
  • Kettle (Gold) 710
  • Knife block 1200
  • Magnetic knife rackn
  • Pop-up toaster 2300
  • Rice cooker 2500
  • Tea set 1000
  • Utility Sink 3500
I desperately need that cutting board recipe

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Reposting once more for people to pick up the remainders:

Anyhow, to celebrate Caster Master with everyone I'm having a giveaway right now. Golden Rods and...Fish Bait! Lots of it.

1. Take multiples but leave for others. Use your best judgement so I don't shut off the island.
2. These items are duplicates.
3. Feel free to take fruit or shop!
4. I will be opening and closing the gate this time to improve the experience quality for people. Status indicator at the bottom, including when the giveaway is done.

Code available for those that have replied in the thread:
[Hidden content]
GATE STATUS: OPEN

Stringfish is quoted as top of clifftop many times (and I did in fact catch another one there today), but I caught my first one on the second tier. I doubt the rarity rate is much different but maybe you'll have better luck.

I'll come check it out

Sera

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne
do you ever like appreciate that villagers always ask your permission to call you a nickname an other villager is calling you
cause I do

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I heard that there is an interest rate for the money in your bank account at the end of the month?

I would love to get in on the kitchen crafting/trading stuff too btw! I found a diner seat and now I want to make my new room into a kitchen/diner.
I found a neon diner clock today. Need something like that?

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Count me in on Kitchen party.

Can Craft:
  • ironwood low table
    • 6 wood
    • 4 iron
  • Ironwood kitchenette (only if others can provide/make the other required parts)
    • 4 wood
    • 3 iron
    • 1 ironwood dress (can't make)
    • 1 cutting board (can't make)

In my possession right now:
  • Black Range Stove
  • White Freezer
  • Upright Vacuum Blue
  • Coffee Cup
  • Red Simple Kettle
  • White w/ flower Simple Kettle
  • Knife Block
  • Magnetic Knife Rack
  • Tea Set
  • Traditional Tea Set
  • Teal Microwave
  • Pendulum Clock
  • Pizza Oven
  • Diner Mini Table
  • Imperial Shelf
  • Imperial Low table

Can Buy:
  • Diner Counter Chair
  • Diner Counter Table
  • Diner Sofa
  • Kotatsu
  • Refrigerator White
  • Serving Cart
  • Table w/ Cloth white
  • Utility Sink
  • Vacuum Cleaner - grey
  • Vintage TV Tray

And then I have and can buy a ton of different plants, wallpapers, rugs and floors.

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
Pau Pirate Bae
and anyone else interested

Crafting parties get organized in the discord because we really need Piggy to make the dressers and he doesn't hang on Era much.
He also owns the kitchen island and is willing to host a catalog party (that's where you pick up the thing and put it down so the game will let you buy a copy from your home shopping network). But only on discord cause it's a little easier to organize them, for him.

So if you didn't join, get yo buns in.

I joined! Was putting off joining until now heh

Recipes
  • Cutting board
    • 2 hardwood
    • Iron nugget
  • Unglazed dish set
    • 3 clay
  • Frying pan
    • 2 iron nugget
  • Golden dishes
    • 1 gold nugget
  • Iron wall lamp
    • 3 iron nugget
    • 2 clay
  • Iron wall rack
    • 3 iron nugget
    • 1 clay

Items
  • Kettle (Gold) 710
  • Knife block 1200
  • Magnetic knife rackn
  • Pop-up toaster 2300
  • Rice cooker 2500
  • Tea set 1000
  • Utility Sink 3500
Oh sweet, here's what I have for kitchen DIYs!

Steamer basket set: 6 young bamboos
Hearth (Japanese style): 2 bamboos, 5 irons, 4 clays, 5 hardwood
Plain sink: 6 wood, 4 clays, 1 iron

And then for kitchen items I can contribute to cataloging (that you didn't mention), I have...

Blue mini fridge
Open magazine with food pic
Blue mug
Soup kettle
Black microwave
Spice rack
Expresso kettle
Sugar and tea
Orange ventilation fan (super cute)
Shaved ice machine
Soft serve lamp (lol)

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain turnip and fruit trading to me? Also what should I be doing when I visit someone else's island. I feel like y'all are playing a different game

Turnips are the game's version of a stock (stalk) market. Every Sunday a character will visit your village from 6am to 12pm and sell turnips. Starting Monday Timmy and Tommy will buy turnips from you, and their prices differ before and after noon so check twice a day. Simply put, the idea is to buy low and sell high. It's a fairly easy way to make bells. Word of warning, turnips expire if you don't sell them by the next Sunday. Also do not time travel (change your switch's system clock) while you have turnips, the game will auto-spoil them if you travel to next Sunday or further, or if you travel back and forth. Just don't risk it.

Fruit trading is just trading for other people's native fruits. You started with either cherries, peaches, oranges, apples, or pears as your native fruit, and coconuts are on basically every mystery island. However, mystery islands don't often provide fruits that are different than your own native fruit, so people just trade them. You can dig a hole, plant the fruit and get every type of tree on your island.

If you visit someone's island, just be courteous. Don't run on their flowers or pick them, or take all their fruits (most people are ok if you just shake 1 tree). Don't touch any money trees if you see them unguarded. I'd also say if you're there for something else (like trading an item) you should ask if you want to check out their stores, because some people don't really appreciate people they don't know well dillydallying. Uh, and some people might have a thing about strangers talking to their villagers, because the villagers will mention visitors. I personally don't care but keep it in mind.

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, that would be great!

Is this for the Diner Sofas?

Would love these too.

Ok for real, how do we get this kitchen party started lol.

I would love to host if we can keep my flowers intact lol, you can invite up to 8 on an island right? I wanna try and set up multiple DIY stations and fences so people can keep their stuff dropped in track. People could bring materials too (oh god this is going to be a kind of a mess) Would that be a good idea for everyone?

ZeroCoin

Oct 26, 2017
I still don't know how you can send a gift to a friend in this game. Would be the easiest option to send individual items, right?

I was able to send postcards with items attached to people on my island from the airport. I don't remember whether you could send to people on your friends list though.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I would love to host if we can keep my flowers intact lol, you can invite up to 8 on an island right? I wanna try and set up multiple DIY stations and fences so people can keep their stuff dropped in track. People could bring materials too (oh god this is going to be a kind of a mess) Would that be a good idea for everyone?
Sounds doable but might take a while to set up properly! I need to get back to studying and doing homework so I don't know if today will work for me. Would be able to get back around 7 or 8 pm EST, or even later around 10 pm if that works for people!

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
That sounds awesome! It would be a lot of work, but if you want to do it I'm down to come over for sure!

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
I'd definitely be up for a kitchen item swap/catalogue session at some point.

Items I have lying around include:
Analog kitchen scale
Kettle (gold)
Microwave (black and red)
Table setting (looks like placemat with dish, cup, and silverware)
Soft serve lamp (green... looks kinda nasty but maybe you're into it, I don't judge)
Serving cart
Wood burning stove
Popcorn machine (the cart type that's used outside)
Utility sink
Smoker (dark blue?)
Chic tearoom wall
Diner sofa (blue and white)
Mug (white)
Protein powder and shaker bottle
Pink stand mixer
Knife block
Stovetop espresso maker
Steamer-basket set
Dinnerware (stack of plates/bowls)
Revolving spice rack
Yellow refrigerator

Plus some relevant recipes and catalogued items. If we can find a good date to set this up I'd love to be on that list.

I also have cat towers in beige, brown and grey because the blue one I have in my house wasn't enough I guess.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Was trying (not desperately, just giving it a solid effort) to get a Stringfish. Is this really the best this game can do in terms of bulk? I have to manually craft bait one at a time?
I mean, I am ADORING this game. But, like, I would say it needs a QoL patch. Not like I want to make 100 couches all at once... but at least let me do multiples of small resource/supply crafts.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've been visiting some people through online and they'd show up in my regular friendslist, no problem. But when I visited my IRL friend (who lives far away now) he wouldn't show up during or after the visit.
Just now I visited some rando from my Switch friendslist and she didn't show up either, however she sent a Best Friend request so I guess I did appear in her regular friendslist still?

Wondering if anyone knows what determines this because I wanna be able to send letters to my IRL buddy too

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds doable but might take a while to set up properly! I need to get back to studying and doing homework so I don't know if today will work for me. Would be able to get back around 7 or 8 pm EST, or even later around 10 pm if that works for people!
Yeah it's almost dinner time for me, I'll continue to set up my island but I think 7-8PM EST sounds good, all my shops will still be open then! I'll touch base with the thread around 7:30 PM to see if people would be around - I have a whole plaza empty because I was just waiting to put down housing!

That sounds awesome! It would be a lot of work, but if you want to do it I'm down to come over for sure!

I'll reach out later if you are around! Gotta eat food!

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
With a new month comes new stuff to find out and we have the Easter event. Tomorrow could be a good day, and I'm excited to see what trouble this guy is going to cause on my island:
O%27Hare_Picture.png

I was able to send postcards with items attached to people on my island from the airport. I don't remember whether you could send to people on your friends list though.
Haha, what am I expecting from Nintendo...

:(

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I have in hand
- stovetop espresso pot
- coffee grimder
- espresso machine
- rice cooker
- freezer
- wall hanging pan set
- two different colours of tea Set
- traditional tea set
- ironing board (is that kitchen?)
- drying rack
- wooden,chest
- dinnerware

recipes
- brick oven
- ironwood kitchenette (but can't make as I don't have dresser or cutting board )
- classic pitcher

i'm in Uk

Last edited:

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to successfully make a tarantula farm out of a bamboo mystery island. Flick was in town as well, so took home a tidy 408,000 bells. That'll do nicely.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Ok I have now had a visitor to my island and visited an island. Online, both of them. My Best Friends app still has ZERO options. Completely blank. What am I supposed to do, because everywhere I go online it just says "visit someone! Then use the app!"

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Lol I'm from South America and live in Europe, I'm always amazed at how so many people don't understand the concept of seasons being the opposite and that getting closer to the south in the southern hemisphere is like getting closer to the north in the northern hemisphere in terms of temperature and climate.

I guess I can't really blame people for not thinking about it at first, because it's not something I think about much either since I don't travel much at all. I'm more surprised that people think it's a permanent difference in available content instead of thinking through why they'd offer the choice and then realizing, hah.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So it's the last day to catch that stringray and sturgeon, right ?

Should i do it in my own town? Because it seems the fishes spawn faster on another deserted island

Oct 27, 2017
Hooray! My wife caught the Stringfish. All it took was about 4000 sea bass, 3000 Black bass, a million bags of bait, and using nook miles to visit a different island and fishing there instead.

Phew.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'll need to look over my kitchen stuff later. I know I have a couple colors of the diner walls, if people need those.

Jun 22, 2019
Can you not customize clothing color like you can for furniture?

Thought the option would come with Mabel Sisters but nope, you can just buy the different color variations.

Status
Not open for further replies.