• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I've been fishing all evening so far but this Stringfish that's suppose to be on the top of your island still eludes me. So many Deuce and Black Basses. Dumped a bunch of fishbait in the water as well.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
@casual_

they're hard to come by right now.
1x2 ironwood shelves and counters can be made by the community, but so far, we've got 3 people who need to be involved due to recipe scarcity.

A central 2x2 kitchen island is a spotlight item costing like 300k, someone could let you catalog it and you could orderr your own....if you can afford it and didn't buy 5 items yet today and you unlocked the nook shopping business at the ABD....

God I would love to buy/catalogue the shelves, counter, and island. I have a fair amount of kitchen related knickknacks but they're all on the floor lol.

Are we able to replace bridges, with other ones? I'd like to replace the first bridge we make for Tom Nook with a better one.

You have to destroy a bridge to put another in its place. So two days and the full fees for both procedures. Their system for moving things around and getting better bridges/stairs needs work!

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
How do I join the kitchen counter team? I can make cutting boards.
you just did.
Oh wow I didn't even know about a kitchen island! I just wanted to be able to build the kitchenette thing but I have no recipe to offer sniff
You don't need to offer anything for us to craft you things. You bring stocks of wood and iron, we have a crafting party.

I guess you could tip but this is a community.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Reposting once more for people to pick up the remainders:

Anyhow, to celebrate Caster Master with everyone I'm having a giveaway right now. Golden Rods and...Fish Bait! Lots of it.

1. Take multiples but leave for others. Use your best judgement so I don't shut off the island.
2. These items are duplicates.
3. Feel free to take fruit or shop!
4. I will be opening and closing the gate this time to improve the experience quality for people. Status indicator at the bottom, including when the giveaway is done.

Code available for those that have replied in the thread:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
GATE STATUS: CLOSED GIVEAWAY DONE. SEE YOU ON THE NEXT ONE. IF I REPLIED SAYING YOU CAN REPLY TO ME FOR AN OPEN GATE IF YOU MISSED OUT, PM ME

I've been fishing all evening so far but this Stringfish that's suppose to be on the top of your island still eludes me. So many Deuce and Black Basses. Dumped a bunch of fishbait in the water as well.

Stringfish is quoted as top of clifftop many times (and I did in fact catch another one there today), but I caught my first one on the second tier. I doubt the rarity rate is much different but maybe you'll have better luck.

Last edited:

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017

Stringfish is quoted as top of clifftop many times (and I did in fact catch another one there today), but I caught my first one on the second tier. I doubt the rarity rate is much different but maybe you'll have better luck.

Thanks, I'll give that a try as well!

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
For those struggling with stringfish, try going to a mystery island with a cliff river. You can despawn smaller fish by getting them interested in the lure and then pressing A to pull the lure back. Just despawn all the ones you don't want and catch the big ones, eventually you'll get a stringfish.

Doing it on your island is tougher because there are so many more areas that you have to control fish spawns in. The smaller the area, the easier it is.

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
Let's all gather to trade kitchen stuff - I can bring materials and kitchen stuff for people to catalog! My town is cool too, I have Able Sisters and Saharah right now!

VICTORsaurio

Mar 10, 2018
I was wearing my favorite sweater as always and today I got a letter with a gift from dodo airlines (a shirt) so I immediately tried it on and now I lost my sweater. It's not in my pockets :(

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Any of y'all weirdos want a beard-o?

Got them at my Able Shop. Also available:

Cb5plZ6.jpg

jxlI1nz.jpg

HlkNO7H.jpg

9IjWO82.jpg

And I've got knee high socks and tube socks in various colors, and what looks like Chuck Taylors.

Let me know!

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I may get some RNG hate for this, but I just read today that seasons are changing and I realized I had never caught a Sturgeon yet, so I boot up my game to try for it on a break from work and literally the first cast I make, I catch a sturgeon. I was elated.

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Yay! Let me know when my services are needed.

I'm still looking for mums seeds but I don't mind getting whatever random furniture item you don't want or need! But do you just want the cutting board or do you want to wait for one of those crafting parties weemadarthur is talking about to get the whole counter?
Yeah I'm looking to get the whole counter. :)

Haven't seen a lot of mums but I definitely have some furniture to trade!

Nov 5, 2019
I may get some RNG hate for this, but I just read today that seasons are changing and I realized I had never caught a Sturgeon yet, so I boot up my game to try for it on a break from work and literally the first cast I make, I catch a sturgeon. I was elated.
It was similar for me. I think I caught the stringfish on my third try after learning of the month thing.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington

Anyhow, to celebrate Caster Master with everyone I'm having a giveaway right now. Golden Rods and...Fish Bait! Lots of it.

1. Take multiples but leave for others. Use your best judgement so I don't shut off the island.
4. I will be opening and closing the gate this time to improve the experience quality for people. Status indicator at the bottom, including when the giveaway is done.

[Hidden content]
GATE STATUS: OPEN

Thanks a lot!

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
Try on a deserted island, they have better rates of rare fish. Might take a couple tries to get one with the right layout though.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
So if I haven't got the ladder, I cannot get the stringfish, is that right?
I have a second sturgeon, but I don't think it'd be enough :(

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong for a stringfish. Northern hemisphere, 9pm in game, been putting bait into the top pool/around the waterfall and seemingly have exhausted all fish, it won't let me put anymore bait in - how can I catch one now?

NinjaHound

Nov 5, 2017
Can someone explain turnip and fruit trading to me? Also what should I be doing when I visit someone else's island. I feel like y'all are playing a different game

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
Maybe this is a dumb question but if I have a log bridge and want to change it to a Suspension bridge do I need to demolish the log bridge and then build a new bridge or can I just change the bridge.
I like the spot it's in I just don't like the look of the log bridge at all

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Down to the wire but I got that damn stringfish...
In the clifftop pond and not the clifftop river, huh.

At least CJ was here today allowing me to make a killing off my endless fishing.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pau Pirate Bae
and anyone else interested

Crafting parties get organized in the discord because we really need Piggy to make the dressers and he doesn't hang on Era much.
He also owns the kitchen island and is willing to host a catalog party (that's where you pick up the thing and put it down so the game will let you buy a copy from your home shopping network). But only on discord cause it's a little easier to organize them, for him.

So if you didn't join, get yo buns in.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So if I haven't got the ladder, I cannot get the stringfish, is that right?
I have a second sturgeon, but I don't think it'd be enough :(
Yes but it will be back in a few months.

If you have online service you can get a ladder from a more advanced town if you don't consider that "cheating".

WildEagle18

Feb 22, 2018

[Hidden content]
GATE STATUS: OPEN

Hopefully this is open when I get off work in a few minutes!

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
I think I've got very lucky with all my recruits... all "first try".
I've got Zucker as my final villager in a Nook island.
My 10 villagers are: Phoebe, Zucker, Biff, Lolly, Reneigh, Chops, Bangle, Ozzie, Opal, Clay

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Did you use bait? Nothing is spawning in my pond...
Not in this case, after burning all my recent bait in at the cliff river leading to the waterfall that's two steps away from said pond I decided I'd at least see If I got a koi in the pond and it turns out the cliff top fish can apparently spawn in them as well? I did note a cherry salmon in the higher pond ealier so I guess clifftop fish can hop into the carp and koi territory.

Makes me wonder how many I may have missed just assuming carp.

Last edited:

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Pau Pirate Bae
and anyone else interested

Crafting parties get organized in the discord because we really need Piggy to make the dressers and he doesn't hang on Era much.
He also owns the kitchen island and is willing to host a catalog party (that's where you pick up the thing and put it down so the game will let you buy a copy from your home shopping network). But only on discord cause it's a little easier to organize them, for him.

So if you didn't join, get yo buns in.
What channel? There are so many ;_;

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
I learned today about the insect and fish models you can have made. After 9 hours of fishing I think it's time to give up hope of collecting the three stringfish I need before December.

Status
Not open for further replies.