• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Ugh, like wtf, why would the game give me a daily 2xNook-Miles-Challenge where I have to catch a rare fish like Tuna? I'm on Day 11 and encountered this fish only two times so far...

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
What fishing is like in NH.

1004004006748291.jpg

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Only 5 pages remain until we hit 400 pages.
Time to vote for...
OT2 TITLE

I never would have thought that within 12 days we'd already be at the point of thinking about an OT2 but here we are! OT2 is going to hit when we reach 400 pages in this thread and I thought I'd let you all vote on your favourite title for OT2. Thanks to everyone who submitted the title suggestions - please vote below poll will be open until we hit page 399 then results will be taken and applied to OT2 before page 400 is hit.

Direct link: https://www.strawpoll.me/19654420

It's the final few pages of this OT - so get your votes in for OT2 while you still can!

You can vote here: https://www.strawpoll.me/19654420
But remember when voting... we have a separate Turnip specific thread now for all turnip trading and tracking.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, I figured it out. There is no stringfish. It was just an early April Fool's joke. It's a myth and nothing more

ErrorJustin

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not the type to complain about missing content because I think it's a trap for devs and fans to expect every single sequel to include "everything from the other games + MORE" but I have to admit I miss the fortune cookies. That was one little collecting minigame I liked a lot and was a core part of my routine in NL.

Draconestra

Avenger
Nov 2, 2017
I'm not the type to complain about missing content because I think it's a trap for devs and fans to expect every single sequel to include "everything from the other games + MORE" but I have to admit I miss the fortune cookies. That was one little collecting minigame I liked a lot and was a core part of my routine in NL.
I miss them as well. It was fun collecting them and I also enjoyed trading duplicates to other people who had something I didn't have.

lunch_box

Nov 5, 2017
For the stringfish, I have 2 ponds at highest peak of my island. Should I be able to catch it from either?

I dumped about 10 loads of bait yesterday and no joy!

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
How much stuff is shared between players on a switch? My daughter just started playing and I've got to the point where I can invite animals from islands/campsite so most things are unlocked.

- does she get her own things to discover or is to one set that will disappear if I get them? Eg fossils/message in a bottle/fruits on trees/fold in ground/materials from rocks/wood from trees etc?

basically - anything that doesn't infinitely spawn like insects/fish - do we now have only half available to each of us (and realistically I'd try and leave as much as possible for her to discover in early days)

also - can she invite villagers from nook islands if I build a Plot for them?

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
How much stuff is shared between players on a switch? My daughter just started playing and I've got to the point where I can invite animals from islands/campsite so most things are unlocked.

- does she get her own things to discover or is to one set that will disappear if I get them? Eg fossils/message in a bottle/fruits on trees/fold in ground/materials from rocks/wood from trees etc?

basically - anything that doesn't infinitely spawn like insects/fish - do we now have only half available to each of us (and realistically I'd try and leave as much as possible for her to discover in early days)

also - can she invite villagers from nook islands if I build a Plot for them?
Messages in bottles seem to respawn and actually give different recipes. The rest is first come first serve.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
How do the first round of neighbors work? I know it forces certain personalities on you. I really want Pietro, but Keaton (smug) was my first campsite person and I moved him in. Yesterday I found Olaf (smug) on an island and invited him and he'll move in tomorrow. I was just on an (spider) island and Tipper (snooty) was there.

At this point is it free game for villagers on islands after first campsite person? If so, I'm fine rolling islands until I get villagers I want - provided they are indeed in the mix of all possibilities.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Guys, I figured it out. There is no stringfish. It was just an early April Fool's joke. It's a myth and nothing more
haha I feel the same. I had a nice loop going in a mystery island where I got 12 sturgeon....and zero stringfish in about 2ish hours ;( Been searching for it for the last 3-4 days and I'm over it. haha.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
EUZUed1VAAEZ4nq

She really makes up for Jacques. :3
Happy I've got Wendy 🥺❤️

Yunsar

Oct 27, 2017
Is it a good idea to replace all the non fruit trees in my island with fruit trees? I can still get all three types of wood from chopping fruit trees, can't I?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Messages in bottles seem to respawn and actually give different recipes. The rest is first come first serve.

thanks. Seems a bit sucky - less resources, less ways to earn miles, so less miles to spend etc. If you have 4 on one device that would be a nightmare?

I don't know how often my daughter will play so now I feel I have to hold off on rocks/fossils etc until the end of the day to give her space to build things up..

Last edited:

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
There's no greater tension than when you encounter a tarantula, take your net out, and tiptoe over to it.

Glad I was able to sell 'em to Flick while he's here.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I hate almost all my villagers. My grand idea to not talk to anyone on any island or camping until someone shows up i like didn't work, nook just sold my precious house to whoever the fuck and now i'm stuck with MORE villagers I don't like.

I swear I'm close to restarting the whole thing. All I want is Fuchsia, I'd even deal with Beau or Fauna, and I'm stuck with like two pigs, a fun penguin and a bunch of randos. Gah.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So far I have two jocks (Hamlet and Boone), a peppy personality (Wendy), two normals (Skye and Canberra), a snobby animal (Olaf), and a lazy one (Egbert). Hopefully I stop running into jocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.