• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I finally found a village I want to move in while out on a nook mile ticket.

gbazo5k.png

Flurry is adorable.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
How long does it take to grow a fruit tree? Planted some oranges ages ago and they barely grew.

Also how do I fix a flower I stepped on?

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Oh god it's contagious.

One villager was Naruto running before and now two different ones are.

This island is going into lockdown immediately.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got my Stringfish! After two hours of trying to get on a suitable deserted island, I decided to try on my own island with some bait. Showed up with the first bait. <3

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
I can't catch a goddamn sturgeon, 75+ baits at river's mouth and still nothing. And the last day's tomorrow, ugh.
I believe there's an exploit for this. Find a mystery island with a river, despawn all fish, then check the river's mouth. Massive shadow, requires immediate reeling if it bites. Did this last night at an island after getting one by chance and noticing that the same fish (sturgeon) appeared to be continuously spawning in the same spot.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
How long does it take to grow a fruit tree? Planted some oranges ages ago and they barely grew.

Also how do I fix a flower I stepped on?
Trees take four days from planting to bear fruit. If they barely grew, they might be too close to a cliff, river or another tree.

You water the flower and it will regrow

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Many of my fruit trees are have grown, which means I can now offer any of the 5 main fruits (peaches, oranges, apples, peaches, and cherries) to those who are still missing some. I implore folks who come to also bring a proportional amount of their native fruit (3 native fruit per tree you want to shake) for me to plant, since I plan to keep developing the left side of my island with more fruit trees. It will also let me trade that fruit with others in case my stock runs out and other people come needing that fruit. Most of my orchard is on the left side of my island, though I also have various fruit trees growing around the north side as well. I'll be lounging in front of the gate and busy with IRL stuff, though I'll look at the screen when people are near me.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
If anyone's feeling particularly generous, I could use young spring bamboo as well as bamboo shoots in case any folks have spare.

Last edited:

Sera

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne
Oh god it's contagious.

I choose to believe they are pretending to be airplanes
Many of my fruit trees are have grown, which means I can now offer any of 5 main fruits (peaches, oranges, apples, peaches, and cherries) to those who are still missing some. I implore folks who come to also bring a proportional amount of their native fruit (3 native fruit per tree you want to shake) for me to plant, since I plan to keep developing the left side of my island with more fruit trees. It will also let me trade that fruit with others in case my stock runs out and other people come needing that fruit. Most of my orchard is on the left side of my island, though I also have various free trees growing around the north side as well.

If anyone's feeling particularly generous, I could use young spring bamboo as well as bamboo shoots in case any folks have spare.
I'd suggest hiding the dodo code with [hide] [/hide]

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Alright. I can't get this dumb Stringfish to spawn even using all this fish food. When they say it only spawns in high elevation rivers, does it have to be the highest elevation river? I have a river that goes through a mid-plateau in my town, but there's another higher elevation that the water comes from. The thing is, that's a pond. Does that still count? Should the lower rivers also work?

I catch both of them tonight on the second level.

TRUSTNO1

Banned
Dec 28, 2017
I believe there's an exploit for this. Find a mystery island with a river, despawn all fish, then check the river's mouth. Massive shadow, requires immediate reeling if it bites. Did this last night at an island after getting one by chance and noticing that the same fish (sturgeon) appeared to be continuously spawning in the same spot.
I'm sadly out of miles and I've been trying to fish one on my own island. I feel like I'm kind of fucked here.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
Alright. I can't get this dumb Stringfish to spawn even using all this fish food. When they say it only spawns in high elevation rivers, does it have to be the highest elevation river? I have a river that goes through a mid-plateau in my town, but there's another higher elevation that the water comes from. The thing is, that's a pond. Does that still count? Should the lower rivers also work?
I caught both my stringfish in an elevated pond. The reporting that they only appear in the highest river part is bunk.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I catch both of them tonight on the second level.
Kind of annoyed. Used up probably 25 fish bait between the two levels and never caught it. There was one big sized fish I tried to catch at about 11:57 that naturally spawned but I somehow hit the reel in too late so I'll never know if that was one. Feels bad.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god it's contagious.

I had the same thing but it wasn't naruto running it was singing. Ursula the pink bear started it then I noticed gayle the crocodile joining in then Bianca the tiger. Was kinda cute though.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whew, visited an island with lots of big fishes and emperor butterflies. Ended up getting 3 more sturgeon, like 9 oar fish, and then about 5 butterflies. It was enough to pay off the next loan and get another room for my home.

So got that, Mabel's shop, and construction should start on the town hall tomorrow.

Oct 25, 2017
🛫Opening my gates🛬
Isabelle is complaining about my littering so I will open my free stuff stall again
- Southern hemisphere island, native fruit is apple
- Take items you want near the "Please Take" stall
- feel free to take fruit
- Nook's Cranny, Ables and Kicks
- Lily, Roses & Mums for sale
- Currently raining
[Hidden content]
edit: one day I will get the BBCode right
You're island is INCREDIBLE! Thanks so much for opening . (Bri)

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
Does anyone know if I transplant a fully-grown fruit tree, does it "reset' the growing cycle? And how long does grown fruit stay on a tree if you don't pick it? I'm building an orchard and just want to get my fruit growing synced up.

Sera

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017
So how tightly can you plant your fruits to make successful trees? I planted a whole bunch in the following pattern:

o o o X o o X o o X o o X
o o o o o o o o o o o o o
o o X o o X o o X o o X o
o X o o X o o X o o X o o

But they don't become full-grown trees! So what's the most ideal way to do this?

Oct 26, 2017
Yep, I figured that one out myself last night. So now my last two islands have been 15-20 sturgeons and 15-20 tarantulas

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Had Flick on my island tonight. Decided to try to make a tarantula island. I ended up with 38 tarantulas and sold it for about 440k. If I had more time this would have beaten the hassle of finding someone with high turnip prices anyway.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Oh god it's contagious.

lol I know the peppy ones do it; not sure about the other personalities.

That sucks. That's gonna be hard to get rid of them. You should smack them with your net and push them around as much as you can. Then don't apologize when they ask you to.
This doesn't actually do anything except be cathartic.

Does anyone know if I transplant a fully-grown fruit tree, does it "reset' the growing cycle? And how long does grown fruit stay on a tree if you don't pick it? I'm building an orchard and just want to get my fruit growing synced up.
Don't know about the first, but unpicked fruit should just sit there forever.

So how tightly can you plant your fruits to make successful trees? I planted a whole bunch in the following pattern:

o o o X o o X o o X o o X
o o X o o X o o X o o X o
o X o o X o o X o o X o o

But they don't become full-grown trees! So what's the most ideal way to do this?
The Xs are trees? That should definitely work. It takes like four days to grow a tree. Make sure they are clear all the way around. No buildings or rocks or whatever (except fences are an exception).

Can you post a screenshot?

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017
The Xs are trees? That should definitely work. It takes like four days to grow a tree.

Can you post a screenshot?
Yes, Xs are trees. But they're supposed to do a bit of growth every day, right? First small plant, then slightly bigger, then one ball, 2 ball and finally 3 balls? They had not increased in two days I think. Or am I going crazy here...

I can't post a screenshot, I redid it today, put two rows between them vertically as well...

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Holy hell the Able Sisters have just unlocked a whole new world of fashion. A huge variety compared to past games.

Oct 26, 2017
Despite putting it in hidden, and despite being in the middle of the day for me I always manage to get too many people sorry
🛫Opening my gates🛬
Isabelle is complaining about my littering so I will open my free stuff stall again
- Southern hemisphere island, native fruit is apple
- Take items you want near the "Please Take" stall
- feel free to take fruit
- Nook's Cranny, Ables and Kicks
- Lily, Roses & Mums for sale
- Currently raining
[Hidden content]
edit: one day I will get the BBCode right
Hey! Did you close up shop?

Feb 4, 2018
So I heard a rumor that your island eval only updates once a day, but that's definitely false. I just talked to Isabelle after checking with her multiple times today and my rating just went up. Just wanted to let folks know who are trying to raise theirs.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
It took literally an entire night of work but I finally grinded out a full haul of tarantulas from one of the mystery islands. Most of the time was spent actually getting rid of all the flora on the island so I could force the damn spiders to spawn but once I got it the flow it wasn't that bad. The thing that was most irritating was the mole crickets. They sometimes spawned so many I was forced to stop and dig them up so the tarantulas would start spawning again.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
the 1am music is my jam
Graham, cardboard & motherboard
Yo! Graham is dope! The best part about his server farm house is that if you pan the camera around he has the AC equivalent of idol posters over his door lmao

Yes, he just proved to me how fantastic he is
5iwA6va.jpg

Last edited:

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, seems like when you're trying to place the new plot when moving buildings, they count the current building (the one you're trying to move) as still occupying the space, so you can't like move it a tile because it thinks you're trying to build over a building. That's a bit frustrating since the only way to get around that would be moving the building twice?

Status
Not open for further replies.