• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
uh oh

EUZU3W_U0AANLnj

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Got a few questions:
1.) Is it true that you can reach Tarantula Island only at night?
2.) On which days does Mabel visit your island?
3.) How/When is it possible to unlock forming pathways?

1. Tarantula are only out starting at 7pm, so that should be true.
2. Random days. Just buy everything she's selling over the course of two visits, talk to her again the second time and she should want to build a permanent shop.
3. IIRC that comes with terraforming in general, basically you need to fulfill Nook's wish of making the island popular by getting at least 7-8~ villagers, and getting an island rating of 3 stars. These things will only be available after the resident services tent gets upgraded into a building. In the meantime you can use designs instead to stamp the ground.

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like the game has some sort of idea of when NPCs come, or at least has a way to keep track of things for consistency. I time-traveled back a day (I'm trying to keep April showers lol, I'm too lazy to manually water) and Label showed up again with a new "quest". Then when I moved a day forward, Kicks showed up again with different items. Interesting :thonk:

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok just wished on 201 stars in 50 minutes. What's going on
Same here. Some villagers told me that tonight should be clear of clouds and perfect for watching shooting stars or some shit.

1. Tarantula are only out starting at 7pm, so that should be true.
2. Random days. Just buy everything she's selling over the course of two visits, talk to her again the second time and she should want to build a permanent shop.
3. IIRC that comes with terraforming in general, basically you need to fulfill Nook's wish of making the island popular by getting at least 7-8~ villagers, and getting an island rating of 3 stars. These things will only be available after the resident services tent gets upgraded into a building. In the meantime you can use designs instead to stamp the ground.
Thanks for the answers. Expected pathways to be apart from the whole terraforming thing.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I thought you had some info from dataminers looking at the spawn rate or something but I don't know how you can say the tarantula spawn rate was fixed going off some youtuber just testing stuff.
Cool. I had Youtube comments disabled, so I didn't see that.

And no, I don't have any information from dataminers. In fact, I don't even know where to find dataminers that are datamining the patch 1.1.1.

Severance

Oct 27, 2017
Finally scored some serious bells on a mystery island. It was the alternate fruit island, but it was raining and after 7pm. I picked all the oranges, but then spent an hour farming large fish shadows. You get a couple opportunities for rare fish with a river running off a cliff and the ocean. I caught two stringfish, one sturgeon and six coelacanth. Picked up two tarantulas, then a bunch of Red Snapper and Football Fish to fill out the rest of my inventory. I hit close to 200k bells off that. Not bad for an hour, as I wouldn't want to spend more time farming than that.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
Fellow southern hemisphere here
Queen alexandra birdwing spawns from 8am-4pm, around flowers
Rosalia batesi beetle pretty blue beetle that spawns on tree stumps, spawns all day
Rainbow stag spawns on trees 7pm-8am, rare
Goliath beetle hardest to catch of the lot, my friend figured it out (modification of tarantula island method). Spawns on palm trees from 7pm-8am
Step 1. Eat fruit, go to nook mystery islands and uproot palm trees. ~5 should be enough.
Step 2. Go to a flat nook mystery island. Tear down every flower, weed & tree. Plant palm trees.
Step 3. Despawn everything thats not a goliath beetle. Also rainbow stags & atlas moths spawn on the palm trees. The rate of goliath beetle spawns to atlas/rainbow stags was like 1:20 to you still are going to be patient, but its better than the infinitesimal chances back on your island.
Update, Im just missing the goliath beetle and the queen alexandra birdwing.

I was in a flat island with 4 palm tress and I left after I got the rainbow stag and the 2 sharks I needed.

but I did bring the 4 palm trees to my island so now I have8, but the damn bug doesnt want to spawn.

Tomorrow is my last day, March 31 and Im just missing those 2, so Ill try my luck during work hous with the birdwing and then with the damn beetle on a random island in the night.

Thanks!

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Exactly man, thank you!
To be honest I didn't even know this fish existed before finding it in the game. In italian it's called pesce remo, the literal translation of "fish-oar".

Learning is cool 😁
Hah, it's cool that it has basically the exact same name in Italian.

Is Flick random or weekly like that turnip person?
In previous games, and I assume here, the turnip seller was the only visitor with a set schedule. Every other day of the week one random visitor will show up, like Celeste, Wisp, Gulliver, Flick, etc.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Ok so C.J. is in my town. First time I've seen him and he says his partner (!!! gay!) makes collectibles out of 3 fish. Well I'm masochistic so I thought I have 1 spare Stringfish already why not catch 2 more... Well I did it, I got 3, now I'm plaquing up that motherfucker. And I also got Zucker, my 3 of 3 villagers that I had to manditorily have (and I did not want to buy his really expensive amiibo card but I was considering it!). Today was a good Animal Crossing day. I will open my gates to anyone who wants to sell fish to C.J. or visit my just-opened clothing store (nevermind it's closed didn't realize but C.J. will be around all night)

Closed I'm a big dummy C.J. doesn't let other visitors buy fish apparently!

Last edited:

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
Finally scored some serious bells on a mystery island. It was the alternate fruit island, but it was raining and after 7pm. I picked all the oranges, but then spent an hour farming large fish shadows. You get a couple opportunities for rare fish with a river running off a cliff and the ocean. I caught two stringfish, one sturgeon and six coelacanth. Picked up two tarantulas, then a bunch of Red Snapper and Football Fish to fill out the rest of my inventory. I hit close to 200k bells off that. Not bad for an hour, as I wouldn't want to spend more time farming than that.

Are you just releasing all of the more common fish and then throwing bait out to spawn more? I havent really farmed fish yet because I don't have it in me to farm clams to make bait to farm fish.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so C.J. is in my town. First time I've seen him and he says his partner (!!! gay!) makes collectibles out of 3 fish. Well I'm masochistic so I thought I have 1 spare Stringfish already why not catch 2 more... Well I did it, I got 3, now I'm plaquing up that motherfucker. And I also got Zucker, my 3 of 3 villagers that I had to manditorily have (and I did not want to buy his really expensive amiibo card but I was considering it!). Today was a good Animal Crossing day. I will open my gates to anyone who wants to sell fish to C.J. or visit my just-opened clothing store (I saw lot's of cool clothes there!) [Hidden content]

DANG, 3 stringfish?! Total flex to have them made into a plaque.
Oddly enough Flick was on my island today and CJ was on my friend's. I had a "gasp the lovers just barely missed each other" moment.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Almost an hour later and I didn't get any Nook Miles islands with a river on the second tier. :(

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Probably been asked a hundred times by now, do black bass and stringfish share the same shadow size?

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
DANG, 3 stringfish?! Total flex to have them made into a plaque.
Oddly enough Flick was on my island today and CJ was on my friend's. I had a "gasp the lovers just barely missed each other" moment.
Honestly I only spent about 2 hours or so today catching the other 2, the first two didn't come so easy but I was fishing for Golden Trout/Char also..
Is Flick the partner that C.J. is referring to?
Probably been asked a hundred times by now, do black bass and stringfish share the same shadow size?
No but they're a bit tricky to tell apart. I think the difference is too subtle to be 100% sure.

Sioul

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Ok so C.J. is in my town. First time I've seen him and he says his partner (!!! gay!) makes collectibles out of 3 fish. Well I'm masochistic so I thought I have 1 spare Stringfish already why not catch 2 more... Well I did it, I got 3, now I'm plaquing up that motherfucker. And I also got Zucker, my 3 of 3 villagers that I had to manditorily have (and I did not want to buy his really expensive amiibo card but I was considering it!). Today was a good Animal Crossing day. I will open my gates to anyone who wants to sell fish to C.J. or visit my just-opened clothing store (nevermind it's closed didn't realize but C.J. will be around all night) [Hidden content]

Is your island still open? I would like to meet C.J.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Golden trout and barreleye down. Next goal is Tuna. But at this point I'm running out of new fish to catch in the northern hemisphere.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My island has...1 star.

Is that basically what everyone has when they first unlock the rating system?

Status
Not open for further replies.