• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
Should I let this weirdo move in? Never saw him before.

EUYKFJRUYAQYz2u

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So I set 3 plots.
Will each of them be filled up in a day, or can I scout around for a bit?

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Just finished all the work needed for OT2! We're only 15-16 pages away from needing an OT2 as well so just in time... I guess I can go back to playing the game and not spending hours in Photoshop now.

Remember everyone - vote on the OT2 title!
Time to vote for...
OT2 TITLE

I never would have thought that within 12 days we'd already be at the point of thinking about an OT2 but here we are! OT2 is going to hit when we reach 400 pages in this thread and I thought I'd let you all vote on your favourite title for OT2. Thanks to everyone who submitted the title suggestions - please vote below poll will be open until we hit page 399 then results will be taken and applied to OT2 before page 400 is hit.

Direct link: https://www.strawpoll.me/19654420

But remember we have a separate Turnip specific thread now so all Turnip talk (ie. trading/tracking) should go there.

Oct 28, 2017
BVWd1CL_d.jpg

I ended up on this island. A central lake surrounded by an abundance of black, orange and pink tulips. The lake itself contained only trash items (boots, tires, cans). Pretty cool and surreal.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
So I read the answer to your post and that's not great you can't force them to move. I relocate him in a second layer spot without any option to go down, so at least I don't see him.
He is a sports type, shame on him to not have choose climbing...

They really should have given you the option to evict villagers, i only like 3 or 4 out of the 10 that are on my island lol

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
can you invite more than one animal to your village per day? is it just dependent on how many plots you buy and place?

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
So I want to move a house by literally 1 square, but apparently I have to move it someplace random and then the place I want it to actually be? So 2 days just to move it? I love this game but it has so many weird decisions implemented into it.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I'm looking for some help here..

My daughter is turning 13 next week and because of the coronavirus she's a little disappointed she can't celebrate it like we had planned originally.

So I was looking to throw her a virtual birthday party in AC so she can have friends and family members visit. The problem is, this is my first AC so I don't know what birthday type items there are in the game. Any suggestions would be appreciated and if your store sells them, please let me know and I'd like to visit and buy anything.

I figure I can use the QR code thing to decorate as well. Again, any and all advice/help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Hmm, besides the party poppers that are available each day, I'm not sure what else exists. Her mon in the game will probably give her a birthday cake in the mail. Or maybe another animal. I'll keep a look out for related stuff.

One idea is to host the party outside and use custom patterns on the floor to make a nice sign.

Is there any particular furniture or clothing she really likes? I'd love to donate some presents! :)

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
So I want to move a house by literally 1 square, but apparently I have to move it someplace random and then the place I want it to actually be? So 2 days just to move it? I love this game but it has so many weird decisions implemented into it.
Tell me about it. I wanted to move 3 houses (in a row) 2 spaces across... it will take me 6 days total... fml.

Aug 12, 2019
So, who all is currently buying Nook Miles Tickets like mad to try and find those one or two villagers you absolutely want to have in your town like me? I've been trying to get Wolfgang and Moe to spawn to no avail...

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Oh no, WTF is happening? I have a few cards left to complete the collection (I have the really popular ones like this one already) but are ALL the cards going up in price?
They're out of print, and I don't think they sold that well at the time, so it makes sense that they'd jump way up in price now that there's a big reason to own a specific neighbor

Oct 25, 2017
How long does Flick stick around? What time should I expect him to leave? Just want to make sure I can sell him what I can before he's gone.
Edit: nvm found my answer!

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
First campsite visitor is chops decided to avoid him to see if I could stop him from moving in but it's a new day and he's squatting the damn tent. I think there's no way to avoid your very first visitor from staying :(

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
I think one of my decals is stuck to the floor and I can't seem to remove it :| maybe when the house is built but hopefully it can go away

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah... this is what I've been doing with my shops. I've just come to terms with the fact that Animal Crossing is just played at a very different pace. Very disorienting coming straight from Dragon Quest Builders 2.

ForKevdo

Nov 2, 2017
So I've visited Harv's island for the first time and...his studio is a casting couch lmao

Harv you dirty old dog you

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can you still abuse bad neighbors with your bug net until they leave?

So I've visited Harv's island for the first time and...his studio is a casting couch lmao

Harv you dirty old dog you
#CancelHarvey

Seriously, not only is the first thing you see on his eerily silent island a casting couch, but the people you invite never speak and have zero memory of it after the fact. He's the Epstein of the Animal Crossing mythos.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
Can you still abuse bad neighbors with your bug net until they leave?

#CancelHarvey

Seriously, not only is the first thing you see on his eerily silent island a casting couch, but the people you invite never speak and have zero memory of it after the fact. He's the Epstein of the Animal Crossing mythos.

People his name is HARVEY for a reason. Localization deserves a raise.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
I made an outfit of the fairy queen from Kirby 64. Anyone remember her?

EUYSQwOU0AAoUOY

EUYSQwZUYAouTdt

Not sure why I picked her specifically, just felt that a lot of the stuff in the game fits her.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
Pro tip for the 100 fishing streak, if you close the game immediately when a fish gets away it wont reset your streak. But it will go back to the last autosave so you might want to force an autosave now and then while doing it

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

My daughter is turning 13 next week and because of the coronavirus she's a little disappointed she can't celebrate it like we had planned originally.

So I was looking to throw her a virtual birthday party in AC so she can have friends and family members visit. The problem is, this is my first AC so I don't know what birthday type items there are in the game. Any suggestions would be appreciated and if your store sells them, please let me know and I'd like to visit and buy anything.

I figure I can use the QR code thing to decorate as well. Again, any and all advice/help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

So my birthday was on the 23rd and I got to see how the game handled it. Though I'm sure there's some other items out there that will be fitting decorations, the game will actually give you a few. When I started the game on my birthday I was immediately abducted by one of my villagers to go to a party with them + 2 others. There's a sequence that has you blowing out candles, hitting a pinata, seeing them dancing around, etc. - it was very cute. I ended up being given some candles that say "happy birthday" and a lot of birthday cupcakes to share with people (they're essentially just fruit); there was also the decorative cake from "mom" in the mail that was mentioned previously. My house is a mess due to lack of storage currently, but the stuff on the table is what they look like:

So that should be a solid start to decorating for it, at least? Especially as you can separate the cupcakes to spread them out a bit more. Actually, I think if you put them out individually on a table outside, people can even take their own to eat? Which may help the atmosphere.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what else would be good, hmm.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So, who all is currently buying Nook Miles Tickets like mad to try and find those one or two villagers you absolutely want to have in your town like me? I've been trying to get Wolfgang and Moe to spawn to no avail...

I got Fang and cashed out. Using my amiibo cards for the rest, which is funny you mention Moe because I'm getting him to move in first from my cards.

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
anyone who says there in a discernible difference between the two largest fish categories is feeding you false fish-fueled propaganda

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks!

Do you have any idea what kind of clothes or furniture she might like? I think it's possible to wrap items (the store sells wrapping paper) so if I can find anything she might like as a gift I'd be happy to provide it and you can place the presents down, both decoration and functional.

Battle Born

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
First campsite visitor is chops decided to avoid him to see if I could stop him from moving in but it's a new day and he's squatting the damn tent. I think there's no way to avoid your very first visitor from staying :(
I got some creepy bear named Klaus at mine. I also hoped ignoring him would make him go away but it seems I'll have to invite him to the island.

Anyone knows the fastest way to get rid of him? Should I just put him as far away from everyone and ignore him after he moves in? Or would reporting him to Isabelle be a better solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.