• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Would y'all be interested in a turnip thread? We have the tracker but a thread might help too
Either way they'll be a 'spill' of conversation between the two threads but I'm happy to link to a turnip thread in OT2 (which will be going up this week as we're super close to 400 pages on this one) if one is made. We have the spreadsheet and discord linked currently and a lot of turnip discussion/info can be found there so no worries if we add one more link to that list.

Pirate Bae Let me know who'll post it and such - happy to supply some graphics/images for the main post in the Turnip thread if wanted. I'm literally designing OT2 as I type this.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Would y'all be interested in a turnip thread? We have the tracker but a thread might help too

If we do, it might be better to give my suggested thread title to that one ("The turnip is down AKA Stalk Market Watch 2020), and let the second most voted in the poll be for OT2 of this thread. Idk, it's up to you thread creators!

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I just got the worst villager design I have ever seen: friggin' Pietro. Can't wait to kick him off the island.
One of the worst, but trust me, there's worse
reinhold_pc.png

latest

latest

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Rock question! If you completely break a rock does it respawn somewhere else on the island? A rock happens to be right where I want to place a row of trees so I want to break it IF it does spawn elsewhere on the island.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
www.resetera.com

AC: New Horizons [Turnip Thread] The Road to Bells is Paved With Good Connections

OK: Wannabe Turnip Titans listen up. We're all looking to make a bell, so let's be civilized about this. First up some guidelines for those hosting and those selling: Second, keep track of your prices. Enduin has created an AC Tracker Sheet where people can register their user info and...

I'll update when I get on my PC

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
i just realised I missed the turnip lady again ffs. I legit dont know what day of the week it is lately with everything thats going on :(

Woffls

Nov 25, 2017
London
Ummm do rocks grow back? 😬 only have one left on my island and still need like 18 iron things to build the shop. Might have to take a few trips on my nook miles.

celebi23

Oct 26, 2017
So, I had a thought. When ACNL came out, there was a group effort to help people catalog all the K.K. Slider songs. I'll kick things off. These are what I have right now:
DJ K.K.
K.K. Bazaar
K.K. Chorale
K.K. Fusion
K.K. Groove
K.K. Lament
K.K. Reggae
K.K. Rockabilly
K.K. Safari
My Place

Would anyone be interested in doing this again?

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
One thing that I wish they would add to this game is more uses for the items. For example, the scooter. If i buy it, I should be able to ride it. Most items are just for looks, which is cool, but it would be even cooler if I could actually use them as intended. Another example is the lawn mower, I havent bought it yet, but I doubt I can use it to cut down my weeds.

I know its not something AC has ever done, but it is something I wish that was implemented this time around.

JooJ

Oct 27, 2017
One thing that I wish they would add to this game is more uses for the items. For example, the scooter. If i buy it, I should be able to ride it. Most items are just for looks, which is cool, but it would be even cooler if I could actually use them as intended. Another example is the lawn mower, I havent bought it yet, but I doubt I can use it to cut down my weeds.

I know its not something AC has ever done, but it is something I wish that was implemented this time around.

I feel the same. Interactivity intead of decoration would be so much more interesting. Feels like the game is stuck since the original in this regard.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017

Was just saying this the other day. Like the beehive could make bees more common or create spawns of a rare type of bee, birdbath/birdhouse would occasionally have birds on them (not useful but would look nice). It'd be a lot of work but it's a cute idea and adds some utility to things.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
My GF who's had the game for a week and still no museum found an Oarfish and a Stringfish in her island. Just fuck my shit up.

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Time to vote for...
OT2 TITLE

I never would have thought that within 12 days we'd already be at the point of thinking about an OT2 but here we are! OT2 is going to hit when we reach 400 pages in this thread and I thought I'd let you all vote on your favourite title for OT2. Thanks to everyone who submitted the title suggestions - please vote below poll will be open until we hit page 399 then results will be taken and applied to OT2 before page 400 is hit.

Direct link: https://www.strawpoll.me/19654420

Don't forget to vote on the title for OT2 everyone, we're only 19 pages away from it being posted. But remember we have a separate Turnip thread now.

Plum

May 31, 2018
In my fruitless search for the Stringfish I've been trying for a "three-tier Nook Miles island" for 8 islands now.

2 fucking bamboo islands

2 fucking hybrid-filled islands

No three-tier islands

Fucking hell this game

This game

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
I've got 3, the fighting one, the shoot em up one and majong. they're 64,000 each. i can get you one of each if you want. There could be more too, but that is all I have so far.
I'll take the shoot em up, I'll bring you the bells for that and a nook ticket. I'd offer the baseball pinball, but that will take an additional day cause used up all my orders for today.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Was just saying this the other day. Like the beehive could make bees more common or create spawns of a rare type of bee, birdbath/birdhouse would occasionally have birds on them (not useful but would look nice). It'd be a lot of work but it's a cute idea and adds some utility to things.

Yeah exactly, we need more utility. The decoration is masterclass, but to take AC to the next level, we need uses for these items. Its always a nice surprise when you get something like the record player that has an actual use. But 98% of the items in the game dont have anything like that, which is kind of a bummer.

Hueytothe

Oct 25, 2017
I used the drop off box and sold items for 32,000 bells yesterdau=y
I got the message when i booted up but my bells have not gone up????
has this ever happened to anyone
im so disappointed

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Got a 7 day trial code for Switch Online if anyone can use it. Forgot that was a thing and signed up for the yearly before I received the code via email. Enjoy!

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I'm down to 40 bait from the 200 given to me (thanks again!) by UltimaDrago and still no Stringfish.

This is fucking ridiculous. I know RNG can be awful but I feel like I'm being punished for something here. I've used literally 600+ bait and nothing.

Lol no way. Use nook miles and go to island, run around scaring all the little fish on the top and second level cliffs, don't waste your time with bait.

I went through 80 pieces of bait doing the same last night only to find one stringfish and it wasn't even with the bait. This morning I found 3 in about 30 minutes on the island while running around, and caught 5 Sturgeon and an oarfish too. Much easier.

Plum

May 31, 2018
They spawn on the second tier, I keep telling you.

This video shows that they spawn on the third-tier:

Lol no way. Use nook miles and go to island, run around scaring all the little fish on the top and second level cliffs, don't waste your time with bait.

I went through 80 pieces of bait doing the same last night only to find one stringfish. This morning I found 3 in about 30 minutes on the island running around, and caught 5 Sturgeon and an oarfish while I was at it.

I've been trying to spawn such an island but as this post shows:

In my fruitless search for the Stringfish I've been trying for a "three-tier Nook Miles island" for 8 islands now.

2 fucking bamboo islands

2 fucking hybrid-filled islands

No three-tier islands

Fucking hell this game

This game

My hunt has been fruitless so far :(

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
You can't sell to Flick when visiting another island? >:(

Status
Not open for further replies.