• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
latest

Got this guy as my camper. Apparently he's a newcomer to the series.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Just got CJ for the first time. Can you imagine trying to 100% the fish models? It'd take years unless he shows up super often and you just hoard fish in storage for his visits.

OT2 Title Voting
OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Time to vote for...
OT2 TITLE

I never would have thought that within 12 days we'd already be at the point of thinking about an OT2 but here we are! OT2 is going to hit when we reach 400 pages in this thread and I thought I'd let you all vote on your favourite title for OT2. Thanks to everyone who submitted the title suggestions - please vote below poll will be open until we hit page 399 then results will be taken and applied to OT2 before page 400 is hit.

Direct link: https://www.strawpoll.me/19654420

Plum

May 31, 2018
I'm down to 40 bait from the 200 given to me (thanks again!) by UltimaDrago and still no Stringfish.

This is fucking ridiculous. I know RNG can be awful but I feel like I'm being punished for something here. I've used literally 600+ bait and nothing.

Plum

May 31, 2018
My turnip pries are 47 bells

This game actively wants to fuck with me. I have had literally the worst luck possible.

If there's an ultra-rare event that just completely destroys your island and fills it with pictures of Miyamoto laughing at you then I'd probably get it.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Chill. Good prices don't usually show up until the middle of the week.
I'm aware. I'm tracking my price in an attempt to identify which trend I'm on. But I do have so many that I'd love to minimize risk early on by offloading like 30% of my stock on an island with a random price trend, just for some quick and painless profit up front. Like, if someone had an island that was buying for 120 bells, for example. It'd be a modest profit, but it'd be in my pocket. I've got bills that are due NOW.

DickGrayson

Alt Account
Jan 30, 2020
I'm aware. I'm tracking my price in an attempt to identify which trend I'm on. But I do have so many that I'd love to minimize risk early on by offloading like 30% of my stock on an island with a random price trend, just for some quick and painless profit up front. Like, if someone had an island that was buying for 120 bells, for example. It'd be a modest profit, but it'd be in my pocket. I've got bills that are due NOW.

Tools: 1,100 Bells
Clothes: 5,000 Bells
Rent: 4,000 Bells
Turnips: 1,200,000 Bells
Seeds: 400 Bells

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my villagers are dying

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My turnips are selling for 120. Is that good? I bought mine at 90.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
...I did not expect the clothes shop to have quite so much at once, and in every color that exists for it. I've got every color of a sequined suit, now. Granted most of this stuff won't actually change daily, but I'm happy to have this much ability to gain new clothes quickly even if my wallet isn't...

if I plop down a bunch of house spots, can I take my time filling them in with island/campsite visitors, or will stupid random neighbors start moving in?

Based on what others have said, you want to buy one at a time and then recruit someone that day, waiting a day before you buy the next and recruit again. IIRC even if you buy two plots you can't recruit more than one person per day, and randos will move into plots if you don't recruit. I may be slightly off there but I think that's true.

I think I'll buy my first plot tonight since I'll probably do several islands and have some options; I'll do my second in the next few days.

jumper

Oct 27, 2017
I'm down to 40 bait from the 200 given to me (thanks again!) by UltimaDrago and still no Stringfish.

This is fucking ridiculous. I know RNG can be awful but I feel like I'm being punished for something here. I've used literally 600+ bait and nothing.
Where are you fishing for them? It can't be on a river on the lowest level. I caught a couple on a river one level up (considered clifftop), not on the highest level. It certainly didn't take me that many tries, thats crazy. Not sure if it mattered if I tried to go up one more level, I just know I didn't need to.

Btw, it took me about 25 tries. The 2nd time I wasn't actively trying.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
My first camper villager was Lionel!

I can't decide if I like him or not... I guess he brings a unique old man archetype to my cast of villagers, so I'll appreciate him for that reason. I think he would want to live off alone out of the hubub of the village, so I put him in the corner by the sea.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I have 142 for the next 18 minutes.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Where are you fishing for them? It can't be on a river on the lowest level. I caught a couple on a river one level up (considered clifftop), not on the highest level. It certainly didn't take me that many tries, thats crazy. Not sure if it mattered if I tried to go up one more level, I just know I didn't need to.

Btw, it took me about 25 tries. The 2nd time I wasn't actively trying.

I'm doing it from the highest level. Maybe I'll try doing it on the second. However everywhere I've looked said that it should just be in on any river on top of a cliff, there's been no mention of levels and I've even seen videos of people catching it at the top.

star sibyl

Oct 29, 2017
ca
Just got CJ for the first time. Can you imagine trying to 100% the fish models? It'd take years unless he shows up super often and you just hoard fish in storage for his visits.

I misakenly gave him 3 Sea Bass instead of something cool looking or rare. I thought I could get multiple models done per day. Fuuuuuck. This will take forever.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm doing it from the highest level. Maybe I'll try doing it on the second. However everywhere I've looked said that it should just be in on any river on top of a cliff, there's been no mention of levels and I've even seen videos of people catching it at the top.
Second tier rivers and up. Just run around scaring the small fish away if they appear.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I just got the worst villager design I have ever seen: friggin' Pietro. Can't wait to kick him off the island.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Would y'all be interested in a turnip thread? We have the tracker but a thread might help too

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
I'm convinced stringfish doesn't exist in my copy of the game. I just spent 160 baits and got every other possible fish. Can't wait for March to finish so I can stop thinking about this shit.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I sold all my tarantulas from an island, then walked outside to see Flick standing there. Can I get an F in the chat folks

Status
Not open for further replies.