• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

n00bs7ay3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
looking to offload about 3400 turnips at a good price (300+). Will give a 20% cut to anyone who can accommodate me.

(about 200 000 at 300 bells)

spidye

Oct 28, 2017
One of my villagers lost her bag and asked me to find it. I searched the whole island twice at least and haven't found it. Do I have to dig/fish/rattle some trees for the bag?

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
So my friend says that if you have 10 villagers and use an amiibo card you can swap out one of your current villagers. Is this true? Or do you have to have an empty lot first?

and do all AC amiibo cards spawn villagers or are they specific ones? I want to ebay some :3

First question: yes, but you have to invite them 3x to the campsite - so it takes 3 days and then you can pick who to boot off the island.
Second question: only series 1-4 work, none of the Smash ones, etc... and Isabelle, KK, Tom Nook, etc... will only appear on Harv's island and not at the campsite.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone seen more campers after moving the forced one in? I'm wondering if you need to have a free plot for them to show up, or if it is just random.

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
damn, the villager I want gone from my island has been sick with the flu for 2 days and I keep ignoring her. I'm a terrible person.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm tired of sharing everything with these ungrateful residents

I'm sectioning all of them off to a portion of the island while privatizing a large portion for myself.

Done fucking about with these commoners

So mean

So my friend says that if you have 10 villagers and use an amiibo card you can swap out one of your current villagers. Is this true? Or do you have to have an empty lot first?

and do all AC amiibo cards spawn villagers or are they specific ones? I want to ebay some :3

Yes this is true. Each amiibo card has an NPC on it yes, some special (like Isabelle or Tom Nook) or just regular villagers you see around town.

JediMasterMatt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone wants to cash out quick, turnips are at 152 until noon CDT on my island. Able Sisters just opened and Kicks is visiting. I'll leave my gates open while I work. I don't need anything in particular. I like cute clothes and will accept donations towards my latest incline though lol.

[Hidden content]

Thank you, my niece will take you up on the offer.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I've complained about a villager to Isabelle every day for the past 6-7 days and not only has he not said he's moving out but a different villager actually asked me if they should move. Blahhhh.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I've complained about a villager to Isabelle every day for the past 6-7 days and not only has he not said he's moving out but a different villager actually asked me if they should move. Blahhhh.
That's not what that function is for. There is no "official" way to force someone out other than through amiibos once your island is full.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
Hey, I can't have the AC Switch in real life but at least I got it in the game. Even though it costs more than a freaking swimming pool.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Flick: You spent HOW MUCH of our money on Sea Bass???
CJ: Yea, chat loved it. Someone even made a clip "crazy CJ overpays for Sea Bass"
CJ: I pulled in like 200 bells from subs afterward, it was great
Flick: But you paid 50 thousand for the Sea Bass!!!!

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Caught a Stringfish and an Oarfish while playing last night. I was nervous about the Stringfish but I got it after 4 pieces of bait! Feel very lucky.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
How does this unlock? I was behind my wife but I unlocked it before her.
I think you just talk to her every time she visits and then on the 2nd or 3rd time she suggests building a store

She did on the third time for me, although I had bought a bunch of stuff from her as well, but I've heard conflicting info on if buying stuff matters or not.

Ghostmaster

Oct 25, 2017
Are sharks even appearing in Northern Hemisphere now? I've caught stringfish and sturgeon, blue marlin and tuna, but haven't seen a single shadow with a fin in the sea in all this time

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
20,000 bells away from paying off the home loan. Any recommendations to obtaining besides waiting til tonight to go to tarantula island?

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm - I've just realised that I probably need to have paid for online to visit other people's towns, right?

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like HHA scoring has gotten less strict over the series. I use to really really suck at it in the GCN game but I hardly do much different than I use to other than match wallpaper and floor when I can but I do way better now.

Any super AC vets from GCN game on know if this is true?

n00bs7ay3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Aug 21, 2018

Might have been a rare island? Not sure but it was the first time I got it. I actually did go there to spawn tarantulas. It was a pretty small island that was mostly flat. Had one small raised portion with 2 waterfalls on it. Anyway I cleared it out for tarantula spawns but after I did that I noticed a sturgeon in the river (they are easy to spot as they are the only fish that spawns in the river mouth that also has the largest silhouette). So I caught it. And then I just had the idea that I might be able to force them to spawn if I despawned all the other fish. So I ran around the island despawning fish and ran back to the river mouth and was able to spawn them pretty quickly (sometimes even 2 at a time).

The reason I think it might have been a rare island is that I did not spawn any tarantulas which should have been possible/likely and it seemed like a lot of fish were spawning. So maybe it is some sort of fish island?

In hindsight I probably should have seen if I could get the stringfish out of the 2 waterfalls.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
All these people roasting and hating on my boy Pietro. I can't believe this hearsay.
I got stuck with Curlos, another *average* looking sheep. At least Pietro has a theme and is visually interesting to look at.
Everyone on my island has so far been painfull average to look at. Teddy was one of my first but at least has some personality to him. And Lolly won me over.
Thank god the amiibo card thing unlocked today. I have to do it over the course of 3 days from what I'm hearing but at least no more random garbage babies coming into my town.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
One of my villagers lost her bag and asked me to find it. I searched the whole island twice at least and haven't found it. Do I have to dig/fish/rattle some trees for the bag?
Every time I've found their lost items, it's just a little brown bag sitting out somewhere. It's probably camouflaged amongst the trees or behind something.

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada
I've been trying to find the answer to this question, but haven't been able to, so..
Is there any reason NOT to replace all (or most) of your native fruit trees with other fruit to make more money?

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is there a specific time there is star fall/meteor? Is it all night or just random tike at night ?

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been trying to find the answer to this question, but haven't been able to, so..
Is there any reason NOT to replace all (or most) of your native fruit trees with other fruit to make more money?
I'd leave a few native fruit trees there for the sake of having all fruit trees on your island.

Status
Not open for further replies.