• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Can someone tell my what they think of my current mix of villagers. I think I am happy with them despite ending up with three dogs

cherry
Costeau
Butch
Lucky
Flurry
Lolly
Kidd
Sprinkle
Audrey
Blanche
What type of feedback are you looking for? There's no correct or incorrect batch of villagers, the only thing that really matters is if you like them.

In New Leaf, certain personality types would suggest certain Public Work Projects, but we don't know if anything is restricted to personality in this game yet, beyond the different sets of dialogue. You have all eight personality types represented there, so if that's important to you, you're all set.

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
I was so ready to use all my Nook Miles to buy tickets and grind islands all day for a good villager now that I can lay down plots.

Third island in and...

Bless.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
No, just watch this thread. Someone should probably have a good price by sometime tomorrow
My turnip price today is in the 60s...
I sure hope someone will have better luck.
No, but we have the discord and spreadsheet for turnip info. The spreadsheet covers a large number of era members turnip buy prices day by day so you can choose when to sell. Then the discord had a vibrant community including a channel purely for turnip discussions. All links can be found in the second post of this OT (text only).
Thanks guys. I'll check out Discord. I think I'll need to sign up.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Does anyone have some cool monochrome clothing items? Something white or black for top or bottom, and black shoes?
I'm looking for a style like this:
6e0038bceb13eb855b954817aaf70a07.png

Turnips selling at 120 this morning. Gonna hold for now, still early
My price is at ~80...
There's gotta be DLC. Especially with all the "special" characters missing.
This game will probably be the have the most luxurious selection of DLC Nintendo has ever produced.

They will want to keep this train going at full speed for years and shovelling regular DLC into it is the easiest way to do that. I think they also left out a lot of content purposefully so they can add it in without time travellers spoiling it.
When talking DLC, are we talking about paid DLC or what?
Did you get the game much earlier? I think most of us are around 6-7?
I only have 5 and my campsite got finished today...
Also just started using the Pro Controller on the TV and damm it's really comfy
Wish I had the controller. My right JoyCon is acting up from time to time and I already lost a couple of fish thanks to that.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
So far my villagers are:

Deena (duck, I think)
Ketchup (duck)
Reneigh (guess)
Lyman (I think he's a koala but fuck me I can't tell)
Hornsby (Rhino)

I like them! Good personalities.

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Snake and Ozzie are such fun villagers to have on my Island. No one else has massively jumped out at me yet, but I did just get Bam who was in my New Leaf town too. I might have to get rid of 1 or 2 of my villagers in the future but for now I'm at least content with them all.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
There's a human skeleton in my shop if anyone creepy happens to want it 👀💀

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
Anyone have any idea how you manage permissions for people you invite over a dodo code? I just invited a dude over here a couple minutes to sell some stuff at my shop but, it wouldn't let him sell anything.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
In terms of villagers, I can see why so many hype up Cheri. Samson's a pretty neat gym rat and I enjoy Flo's singing and general attitude. Lucky as a fully bandaged dog with glowing green eyes definitely stands out to me the most appearance-wise, I like his fascination with bugs and his easy-going nature. I actually used to have a dog named Lucky, which was a decent stroke of serendipity. Nan is probably the least impressionable of my villagers, but I feel like that's her point? She's a very vanilla villager, but is also nice and thoughtful as a result, often giving me stuff without much prompt.

Just got Graham who's moving in today, and apparently a plot has been reserved for Soleil. I'll hold judgment on them until I interact for a few days. I think I'm gonna take a break from Nook Mile Islands for a bit and leave my new villagers completely in the hands of Lady Luck and Tom Nook. This is the first Animal Crossing I've gotten into, so I'm willing to just go along with the ride. I haven't built much of a rapport with any villagers I haven't met in-game yet, so I don't particularly like any one over the other at this point in terms of potential new recruits.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I got Jacques in my campsite.
i'm very sad.

When can I start using my amiibo?

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
In terms of villagers, I can see why so many hype up Cheri. Samson's a pretty neat gym rat and I enjoy Flo's singing and general attitude. Lucky as a fully bandaged dog with glowing green eyes definitely stands out to me the most appearance-wise, I like his fascination with bugs and his easy-going nature. I actually used to have a dog named Lucky, which was a decent stroke of serendipity. Nan is probably the least impressionable of my villagers, but I feel like that's her point? She's a very vanilla villager, but is also nice and thoughtful as a result, often giving me stuff without much prompt.

Just got Graham who's moving in today, and apparently a plot has been reserved for Soleil. I'll hold judgment on them until I interact for a few days. I think I'm gonna take a break from Nook Mile Islands for a bit and leave my new villagers completely in the hands of Lady Luck and Tom Nook. This is the first Animal Crossing I've gotten into, so I'm willing to just go along with the ride. I haven't built much of a rapport with any villagers I haven't met in-game yet, so I don't particularly like any one over the other at this point in terms of potential new recruits.
Cherry and Samson were two of the first villagers i had.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
So Able Sisters takes two days to build huh. Ah well.

If Phil is your first camper, you'll have to invite him before anyone else starts showing up FYI. The first camper is mandatory, and is basically the last part of the tutorial.

He's very cool though.

I do. He is cute.
If I invited him today and set up his house, will villagers show up on islands today or will I have to wait until tomorrow?

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Hey, I have a question!
Does it matter what the date is at someone else's town when you visit?

Say that someone starts now but wanna get to the same point as we are by the time April rolls around, meaning they'll set back their Switch to the release date or so and time travel forward a day as soon as the day's tasks are completed so they would be catching up to us in two or three days. Can I come help them with materials even tho their date would be something like March 21st and mine would be today's date? Would anything get messed up by that or does the game not care if it's one day of difference (like between time zones) and weeks/months apart?
If I don't bring my turnips they shouldn't be affected either, right?

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Delightful. I had a flamboyant ostrich named Phil move into my campsite.

Phil is an absolute gem and is my favorite villager so far -- of every game in the series.
He says the wildest stuff and it works so well with his character design. The writing in this game is so on point.

If I invited him today and set up his house, will villagers show up on islands today or will I have to wait until tomorrow?

I invited both Phil (from the campsite) and then Leonard (from an island) on the same day. First Phil moved in the next day, then Leonard on the day after.
While hen Phil was still moving in and Leonard's plot was reserved, I could also already meet and invite new villagers from islands.

Last edited:

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
MVIMG20200330110703.jpg

Best fucking feeling. Also I have no clue how to export images from the switch.
Once taking screenshots with the screenshot button or via camera, if you go into your Switch screenshot gallery (which you can minimize the game to do), you can "Post and Share". Unfortunately they have to go to a Facebook or Twitter. I made a dummy profile for screenshots to keep on private to post them to and just save/share the images from there to wherever.

You can also pull them from the SD Card directly but that's obviously more work and slower.

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
Haha, well, at least most of them aren't a problem. I'll probably also meet a villager I might not be on best terms with eventually. With 10 villagers in total it seems pretty likely.
Still hoping my favorite villager Caroline just shows up randomly at camp or on one of the deserted Islands so i can invite her over to mine.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Okay, this 5 am music is absolutely sublime. I'm so happy I upgraded my Town Hall :).

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Boom, 50 bits of bait crafted and taken to my top river and finally caught a stringfish. I dont believe in time travelling so would have been 6 months before i had the chance again. So happy :)

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Able Sisters opened up today and I have like the worst outfits in the world on the mannequins, a lurid purple explorers outfit and a pink hipster outfit. Anyone found any cool ones in theirs, or are they all set per week?

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
So Able Sisters takes two days to build huh. Ah well.

If you go get another plot from Nook, villagers will appear on the island even if the camper hasn't moved into their plot yet. If you set the plot up, you have one day to find a new villager or Nook will sell it to a tandom one. Not sure if he skips a day since there is already a camper moving in.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's 6:17am and i'm pretty sure isabelle has a scotch on the rocks on her desk during the morning announcements.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday I finally found an island with bamboo trees after getting all these god dang bamboo recipes. I made sure to eat the coconuts and take a couple of the trees with me plus I also went ahead and took some of the bamboo shoots.

Status
Not open for further replies.