• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When you eat fruit it powers you up and lets you dig up fully grown trees and break rocks. Your rocks should regrow in random spots one day at a time.

Till tomorrow, your easiest way to get more stone is using nook miles to buy tickets.
Ohhh, so they only break when I have eaten the 10 fruits? Does eating them do anything else besides that?

julian

Oct 27, 2017
So it does still exist!

None. There are none too many.

Edit: I just realized you were probably asking a real question, lol. I don't know what the limit on returns is.

Lol. Yeah. I went a little crazy for my first meteor shower. I also had to make a call and do some stuff so I had it on in the background and would hit A when I heard the noise. I'm over 150 wishes on my first night and I feel like maybe there's a point where it doesn't matter anymore.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Ohhh, so they only break when I have eaten the 10 fruits? Does eating them do anything else besides that?
I was confused by this too. You don't have to eat 10 fruit to break a rock. You have to eat 1. You can have 10 fruits in your belly at once and each rock broken or tree dig up reduces the count by 1.

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an official list Of what island can and can't be turned into spider island? I e tried a few flat island and cleared them out with no luck. But those water bugs spawn on the beach

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
vdmKvwY.jpg

Is this a joke game? That should be a least worth like a million Nook Miles.
Could be worse. Could be only 100. 😂
With some dedicated tree farming and awesome help from Shy for donating iron nuggets, I was able to get the store up and running pretty darn fast! He also gave me a ladder, at which point I was able to access all of my island and discover roses! Caught some new bugs, and juked a wasp attack by running into Sterling's home. Felt real proud of that one.
You're very welcome. 💓
Nintendo really needs to fix the online "A New Player is Landing" shit. Good god.
They also need to add the ability to craft more than one of a single item.
Is there an official list Of what island can and can't be turned into spider island? I e tried a few flat island and cleared them out with no luck. But those water bugs spawn on the beach
How do you do it.

I've asked before, but no one has answered me.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
I think I've optimized my tarantula catching ability.

Just run up to them from behind and as soon as they turn completely around to face you swing the net. You'll be the perfect length to catch them and won't have to wait for them to stop hissing.

Here is my way of catching them, and work every time, no running necessary.

- Tarantula have a 3 seconds hostile aggro time.
- When your close to one, dont move, wait about 3 second, and pull your net.
- The tarantula will raise his legs in an attacking position, again, wait 3 seconds , and legs go down
- You can now move toward it. Again you get less than 3 seconds, idealy move toward it for 2 seconds. Dont run, and dont try to move to fast too ( if your not too sure, you can hold A to keep your net in catching position, no effect on how the the tarantula aggro you )
- It will raise its legs again, repeat same pattern until your close enough to catch it.

Been doing that all night, sure might require some practice at first, but its very easy

Also been testing that, if you want to summon tarantula, no need to chop everything on island. Just make sure island got insects, take all the flowers ( no need to shovel ), all the fruits from tree, destroy all rocks, and your good to go.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
No no. I don't even no the trick at all.
Pluck the flowers, break the rocks, and chop down trees for visibility and you should be good to go. Also it should be a one-level island ideally, I've never gotten it to spawn on 3-level islands at least. And, after 7pm. It's never failed for me, I can almost always make it happen now with the right island.

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
Do I have to prep a plot of land first, and then go on mystery islands to invite new villagers, or the other way around? This so confusing.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I think I've optimized my tarantula catching ability.

Just run up to them from behind and as soon as they turn completely around to face you swing the net. You'll be the perfect length to catch them and won't have to wait for them to stop hissing.

Yo, what is happening on your island? IIRC from the movie your need to find out where the giant momma spider from the Amazon is hiding in your town before it's too late 😨

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving this game but I desperately need some QoL improvements:

- Being able to craft multiples (fish bait being one at a time is silly)
- DIY Tables near your house connected to your storage

durrrklin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Best Coast
Do I have to prep a plot of land first, and then go on mystery islands to invite new villagers, or the other way around? This so confusing.
For the first three when nook tells you to prep 3 lots, yes. Mystery Island to recruit, then plots.

For everyone after that, plots first then go to the mystery islands.
Also at this point, you can only recruit one a day so only set up one plot a day. Otherwise you get random villagers.

Oct 25, 2017
Pluck the flowers, break the rocks, and chop down trees for visibility and you should be good to go. Also it should be a one-level island ideally, I've never gotten it to spawn on 3-level islands at least. And, after 7pm. It's never failed for me, I can almost always make it happen now with the right island.

Ivetried bamboo island 3 timesWith no luck

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
Also at this point, you can only recruit one a day so only set up one plot a day. Otherwise you get random villagers.

I recruited the camper and also a Mystery Island villager today. Will I be able to place another plot down tomorrow and recruit again or do I need to wait for the Mystery Island villager to move in?

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Uh, is it normal to have wished over 160 times and counting on shooting stars the first time you see them?

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, I had bamboo island earlier and filled my inventory with tarantulas. Were you chasing away the bugs on the rocks by the ocean?
Bamboo island is probably the easiest one to do it on. Just keep circling around clearing other bugs and you should find it

im here now every bamboo cut, all rocks gone, all weeds and flower tops gone. I've seen 2 tiger Beatles and the once by the ocean rocks. Been 15 min no spiders..

durrrklin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Best Coast
I recruited the camper and also a Mystery Island villager today. Will I be able to place another plot down tomorrow and recruit again or do I need to wait for the Mystery Island villager to move in?
I had that situation yesterday, where I had a camper and a mystery island recruit in one day plus an empty third plot. They move in one day at a time in the order you recruited them. It was for me anyways.

I think I got lucky on my third plot, it didn't get sold over night. Today I was able to go out and find villagers on islands again.

CurseVox

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts (USA)
So my GF roped me into playing this game with her. We each have our own Switch so I bought myself a copy. She was VERY excited to say the least. I just didn't get it. But, her excitement was infectious so why not give it a try? I have to be honest, I wasn't really looking forward to playing this and if it wasn't for her I would never in a million years buy Animal Crossing. It's just not my thing.

Don't get me wrong. I am a HUGE Nintendo fan, but I have never really invested any real time into Animal Crossing. I never understood the appeal honestly. The thought of a game with no real point sounds awful to me. I have no desire to decorate or do menial tasks for enjoyment... or so I thought.

Fast forward to 3 days into playing...I don't know what kind of Nintendo crack dust is sprinkled in this "game" but I can't stop playing it. I look forward to discovering new things, venturing off to uncharted islands, visiting my GF to see what she did on her island. Playing designer with my clothes and house... I love discovering things. New plants, fish, bugs and fossils. There are always little surprises in store. Making new friends and getting to know the other villagers. It's calming and comforting. It has a slow pace that I am definitely NOT familiar with, but to play it any other way I think would be doing it a huge disservice. What I am trying to say is... I GET IT. I finally get this freaking game and I love it. It feels like... home. 😊

I think now more than ever, I needed this.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have anything to do in-game right now since it's the middle of the night, but it's super relaxing to watch the clouds roll by while listening to the chill soundtrack.

Actually, the clouds in this kind of reminds me of how they look in BotW.

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017
So my GF roped me into playing this game with her. We each have our own Switch so I bought myself a copy. She was VERY excited to say the least. I just didn't get it. But, her excitement was infectious so why not give it a try? I have to be honest, I wasn't really looking forward to playing this and if it wasn't for her I would never in a million years buy Animal Crossing. It's just not my thing.

Don't get me wrong. I am a HUGE Nintendo fan, but I have never really invested any real time into Animal Crossing. I never understood the appeal honestly. The thought of a game with no real point sounds awful to me. I have no desire to decorate or do menial tasks for enjoyment... or so I thought.

Fast forward to 3 days into playing...I don't know what kind of Nintendo crack dust is sprinkled in this "game" but I can't stop playing it. I look forward to discovering new things, venturing off to uncharted islands, visiting my GF to see what she did on her island. Playing designer with my clothes and house... I love discovering things. New plants, fish, bugs and fossils. There are always little surprises in store. Making new friends and getting to know the other villagers. It's calming and comforting. It has a slow pace that I am definitely NOT familiar with, but to play it any other way I think would be doing it a huge disservice. What I am trying to say is... I GET IT. I finally get this freaking game and I love it. It feels like... home. 😊

This made me all happy, thanks for sharing! :D I'm in the same boat, except I actually did try most of the previous Animal Crossing games and didn't care for them at all. This one certainly has a lot more Nintendo crack dust. Or if it's just the times we live in..

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
I had that situation yesterday, where I had a camper and a mystery island recruit in one day plus an empty third plot. They move in one day at a time in the order you recruited them. It was for me anyways.

I think I got lucky on my third plot, no one moved in over night. Today I was able to go out and find villagers on islands again.

Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly, as of today you were still able to go out and recruit on Mystery Islands, even though the first Mystery Island villager hadn't moved in yet?

I haven't placed any extra plots. I just don't want to end up placing one tomorrow and be unable to recruit through island tours. (Seems it's once a day?)

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX

Love this post! Welcome to the club! Better late than never!

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Here is my way of catching them, and work every time, no running necessary.

- Tarantula have a 3 seconds hostile aggro time.
- When your close to one, dont move, wait about 3 second, and pull your net.
- The tarantula will raise his legs in an attacking position, again, wait 3 seconds , and legs go down
- You can now move toward it. Again you get less than 3 seconds, idealy move toward it for 2 seconds. Dont run, and dont try to move to fast too ( if your not too sure, you can hold A to keep your net in catching position, no effect on how the the tarantula aggro you )
- It will raise its legs again, repeat same pattern until your close enough to catch it.

Been doing that all night, sure might require some practice at first, but its very easy

Also been testing that, if you want to summon tarantula, no need to chop everything on island. Just make sure island got insects, take all the flowers ( no need to shovel ), all the fruits from tree, destroy all rocks, and your good to go.
Yeah, that's how I was doing it. I found the optimal strat so I don't have to stop and wait anymore. Just don't have a net out. When you see a tarantula, pull out your net and run up to it (don't dash). As soon as it hops swing your net. Much faster and very consistent.

durrrklin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Best Coast
Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly, as of today you were still able to go out and recruit on Mystery Islands, even though the first Mystery Island villager hadn't moved in yet?

I haven't placed any extra plots, I just don't want to end up placing one tomorrow and be unable to recruit through island tours. (Seems it's once a day?)
Yeah, I was able to recruit today.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
Big day tomorrow. Zen bridge is finishing, clothes shop is finishing, and my house is moving! And I paid off my loan, but he has to wait on construction until my house finishes moving :)

Status
Not open for further replies.