• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
I can't seem to find any substantial information on this - I saw Celeste in my town tonight so ok there's gonna be a meteor shower. Been staring at the clear unobstructed sky for 10 minutes and nothing has happened. Is there an amount of time that's supposed to go by? Could it happen any time tonight? Will it happen multiple times?

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
VaWO7PK.png
Not sure how accurate this is, or rather how thorough this is. You can get Black Tulips from Orange x Orange for example. So I have a feeling this is leaving out a number of combinations for certain hybrids.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I didn't test it but I'm 99% sure you'd have to build the plot first. Then you have to find a villager that day to not have the game do it for you.
This is gonna get me so many villagers I dislike, isn't it

I can't seem to find any substantial information on this - I saw Celeste in my town tonight so ok there's gonna be a meteor shower. Been staring at the clear unobstructed sky for 10 minutes and nothing has happened. Is there an amount of time that's supposed to go by? Could it happen any time tonight? Will it happen multiple times?
The first time I had Celeste was yesterday, and I did in fact have shooting stars, but it was like 3-7 every 30-60 minutes. I don't know if that's just because it was the first time I met her, or just bad luck.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

EUURgw6UYAAmky7

I MADE 40 FUCKING PIECES OF BAIT

I GET TO THE SPOT AND THERE'S ALREADY A FISH IN THE WATER

GUESS WHAT IT WAS

durrrklin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Best Coast
I've been doing it that way, checkerboard and watering everything every day, just no luck.

I have large plots of land dedicated to just flower breeding and can get maybe 1 or 2 to be pooped out over 2 days it seems, I've no idle how I'm seeing so many people with full on valleys of different kinds of crossbreed flowers unless it's time-travel or trades.

Ugg, moving some flowers around to see if it helps.
It is a lot of rng, about 5-6 new flowers spawn a day so it can be a real cruel game some mornings.
Here is a few of my patterns to help you out. Haven't messed with the new flowers yet but this should give you idea on what to do.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Hey guys do we know if Turnips go bad If we time travel weeks forward to another players town? Like for example today is March 29 but I go to another players town who's buying turnips for a high price but it is April 30th for example. Does it go bad?
it shouldn't so long as your console remains the 29th, they go bad if you yourself time travel

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Across state from my bf and obviously can't visit because of the pandemic, so I surprised him with a candlelit "dinner" at sunset on my island. It was a lot of fun! Had tiki torches, a special painting made, and had some music going as well to fit the mood as we chatted on the phone. ha

euulj8mucaeltytd7jbv.png

euulj8sucaaujpgl5jtl.png

Oct 25, 2017
In my store I've got

Red Lily
Red Tulips
White Pansy
Yellow Lilly
Yellow Pansy
Yellow Tulip

And these:

Hit me up here or by PM for a Dodo Code if you want to swing by.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Across state from my bf and obviously can't visit because of the pandemic, so I surprised him with a candlelit "dinner" at sunset on my island. It was a lot of fun! Had tiki torches, a special painting made, and had some music going as well to fit the mood as we chatted on the phone. ha

euulj8mucaeltytd7jbv.png

euulj8sucaaujpgl5jtl.png
That is adorable! Good job! <3

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017

euulj8mucaeltytd7jbv.png

euulj8sucaaujpgl5jtl.png

Maximum Vibes! This is so cool. Thanks for sharing!

Oct 25, 2017

euulj8mucaeltytd7jbv.png

euulj8sucaaujpgl5jtl.png

This is so adorbs...I cannot 😭😭😭😭

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

euulj8mucaeltytd7jbv.png

euulj8sucaaujpgl5jtl.png
That is incredibly wholesome

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

From my experience Celeste being there doesn't mean a meteor shower will happen, and a meteor shower happening doesn't mean Celeste will be there.

Sera

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne
Not sure how accurate this is, or rather how thorough this is. You can get Black Tulips from Orange x Orange for example. So I have a feeling this is leaving out a number of combinations for certain hybrids.
Thats how it worked in the previous games; hybrids still technically have the "genes" of their parents
so if you water two orange (red x yellow) tulips together, you could get orange, yellow, red or black (red x red) tulip from them
its not left out combinations, just an external bit of info

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I have some ideas for how Nintendo can alleviate the online issues of players joining (excuse me if these have already been suggested):

1: Make the inside of the airport a holding lobby and allow the joining players to collect in there. Then the host gets to decide when they can all move to the island together.

2. Airport lobby is again a holding area, but there is a countdown and whichever players are there exit the airport at the same time. No more can come to the Island.

3. The host sets a limit of joining players and they are automatically released when the threshold is achieved and the gate is closed to any additional travelers. Otherwise, like above, the host can allow guests on the island when they see fit or there is a countdown.

4. You have players book their trip with a time of departure/arrival. The game does a 5 minute countdown to when you have to board the plane. Everyone arrives at the same time.

These are never going to happen and maybe make no technical sense, but I feel there is a solution to the constant loading screens for those folks playing online with big groups.

Tidalwaves

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

EUURgw6UYAAmky7

I MADE 40 FUCKING PIECES OF BAIT

I GET TO THE SPOT AND THERE'S ALREADY A FISH IN THE WATER

GUESS WHAT IT WAS
I made 200, and guess what was there for me? Black bass. Black bass. Black bass. Black bass. Black bass.

Hey, maybe I'll get it in December if I decide that the frustration this particular animal crossing has crossed me is worth to keep playing. Man. This game is supposed to relax me it it's sure done the opposite.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
I went through this last night, I just waited until it was really late like 1-2ish where it got super clesr and I got about 8 of them. Then it started getting cloudy/foggy so I stopped.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
do your turnips only go bad if you go back in time? Like if I continuously go a day forward would they be fine?

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Think I have every fish available other than Barreleye, but that's year round so no rush. 62/80 fish collected lol. Rest of the year will just be filling in gaps.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
From my experience Celeste being there doesn't mean a meteor shower will happen, and a meteor shower happening doesn't mean Celeste will be there.
Ugh that's horrible news, but it is what it is
I went through this last night, I just waited until it was really late like 1-2ish where it got super clesr and I got about 8 of them. Then it started getting cloudy/foggy so I stopped.
Do you hear a sound when it happens? Hopefully I won't have to aimlessly stare at the screen wondering if it'll happen every night.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Celeste is on my island and gave me the recipe for the Star Wand. Is there for sure going to be a meteor shower tonight?

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I was finally awake in the morning (I say "finally", but it's just the second Sunday since release) to get turnips, so I bought 500. A paltry amount compared to many of you. ha I'm easing back into the Stalk Market.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I caugh a second string fish A SECOND GOLDEN TROUT...

And I STILL can't find the goddamn char... WHY GAME?

EDIT: third string fish.... GAME....

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just to clarify, if say I buy turnips in Japan timezone Sunday morning but bring my turnips to sell in a town with US timezone that's still on the Saturday night before, my turnips will not spoil?
You can't get good turnip prices that way. Saturdays suck.
If YOU buy turnips when YOUR time is Saturday, your turnips will spoil as Sunday rolls around.

If you and the sales town are time traveling, well it depends.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
There is a very audible sparkling sound
also at least you got a recipe off her?
(Can I visit?)
Yep she gave me the recipe. And sure why not, I'll just be sitting around with the sound up then, anyone who wants to maybe see a meteor shower can come to:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Status
Not open for further replies.