• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously, I must be doing something wrong. Let me get this straight, the Stringfish spawns:

From 4pm - 9am
In rivers on the second and third tiers of cliffs

If so then why, after using literally 500+ bait, have I not seen a single one? Is my luck that insanely bad?
I was under the impression that it can only be caught near waterfalls. I think I caught mine at the very top above the waterfall, but that's just my experience.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
Stupid question time. I have stereos, but they play no music? Does the music unlock once i get KK on my island?

Malakiax

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
I made this mistake too, not knowing that random villagers could move in. However when I woke up today the plot was not filled (I have a 1 star rating on my town apparently....) so I went to the island and talked to a Kid Cat. Have fun ignoring your cow and good luck on the scouts!
How do I see the rating?

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
You'll be able to find potential villagers on islands tomorrow. If you don't invite a villager by the end of the day tomorrow, it'll give you a random villager! I did the same thing yesterday haha and the plot was still unpurchased when I woke up. Found Whitney after a few tries and now she's set to move in!
Oooh, nice! Thanks :D Really hyped for more villagers and I have a lot of tickets and about 32k extra miles saved up for the hunt!
Edit: Others are saying it might be bought. But in that case I'm just gonna hype the next one ;D

easter

Nov 15, 2017
Seriously, I must be doing something wrong. Let me get this straight, the Stringfish spawns:

From 4pm - 9am
In rivers on the second and third tiers of cliffs

If so then why, after using literally 500+ bait, have I not seen a single one? Is my luck that insanely bad?

I burnt through around 500+ also before I finally got it. Felt like a bum yesterday because i legit dedicated my entire day to that fish.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Caught a Char just a little bit ago, so now the only fish around that I haven't caught yet are the Golden Trout, Koi, Barreleye, and Coelacanth.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I'm giving up for today.

Honestly this whole Springfish situation is just depressing me now, even with the amazing help I had

All it does is remind me that if I put my heart into something, even something as stupid as catching a digital fish, my efforts won't actually be rewarded with anything. Meanwhile others get it their first try or just randomly without even bothering. I know that's silly but I don't care.

This is legitimately ruining my mood :(

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you to everyone who stopped by! And a special thank you to Malaquias (not sure what your ResetEra username is!) for letting me hold the duck bill in my inventory. :D

Oct 28, 2017
Just visited the most worthless Nook island yet. This one had the same fruit and flowers (as expected), but also no rivers/ponds so it's ocean fishing only. And no tarantulas, I assume because of the 3-level layout, even after getting rid of all trees and flowers.

I want a refund for those miles!
I don't know if this is anecdotal but the rocks on the three tier islands seem to have a higher chance of giving gold nuggets, though I usually get the one with a bunch of water in the layout.

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah is there a good up to date flower chart somewhere, like are we confident about if anything has changed in New Horizons?

VaWO7PK.png

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I'm giving up for today.

Honestly this whole Springfish situation is just depressing me now, even with the amazing help I had

All it does is remind me that if I put my heart into something, even something as stupid as catching a digital fish, my efforts won't actually be rewarded with anything. Meanwhile others get it their first try or just randomly without even bothering. I know that's silly but I don't care.

Are you in northern hemisphere?

easter

Nov 15, 2017
I'm giving up for today.

if it helps i gave up on two entire days of trying and farming for bait nonstop. i wasn't one of the lucky ones either. and worst case scenario, you get it later from a southern hemisphere friend on here or when its back! you will get it eventually <3

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I played online for the first time with my brother and setting it up was a total process.

Do you basically need to coordinate a Dodo code exchange first and then add someone as a best friend and then contact them in real life every time you want to set up a visit?

Seems insane even by Nintendo standards

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
WSeems more like 99% of the time nothing happens :/

I've legit only been ably to breed like 4 plants so far.

It's random, but you can help it along by planting your flowers in certain ways. A checkerboard pattern seems to be the most common, though there are other patterns as well. More potential spawn locations = more potential to spawn. Then just make sure you're watering anything you want to breed and pray.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Caught a Coelacanth (when it wasn't raining interestingly enough, though it has been on and off today) and then right after I found Sherb on an island and invited him to move in.

Today was a good day.

Oct 25, 2017
Why haven't I seen any other villagers on islands after I invited my first 3 last week? Is that it for islands? Now it's via camp site?

brink22

Feb 22, 2018
I've noticed on the turnip discords that people are asking for 1 million bells for access to their turnip prices... or like 4 nook tickets. Are nook tickets that hard to come by late game?

CrocoDuck

Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys do we know if Turnips go bad If we time travel weeks forward to another players town? Like for example today is March 29 but I go to another players town who's buying turnips for a high price but it is April 30th for example. Does it go bad?

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
do you have to load them into the music player or do anything with them to get them to play?
You hold them in your inventory, click on the music player, and then select "register". This removes the music from your inventory permanently (though you can always order another copy) and permanently makes it available in all your stereos.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
It's random, but you can help it along by planting your flowers in certain ways. A checkerboard pattern seems to be the most common, though there are other patterns as well. More potential spawn locations = more potential to spawn. Then just make sure you're watering anything you want to breed and pray.
I've been doing it that way, checkerboard and watering everything every day, just no luck.

I have large plots of land dedicated to just flower breeding and can get maybe 1 or 2 to be pooped out over 2 days it seems, I've no idle how I'm seeing so many people with full on valleys of different kinds of crossbreed flowers unless it's time-travel or trades.

Ugg, moving some flowers around to see if it helps.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
@con
Thats odd. I thought those were pictures. I was displaying those all around my home. How daft am i? Lol
if you're holding them, and you look at your stereo, there's a box that says "register", basically that means store the music selection in [all music players on the island] while taking it out of your inventory. If you ALSO want to display the cover art, you'll need another copy for that.

Kamala

Sep 22, 2019
One thing is, they may have found a mystery island with crossbreeds on them. I've bred a couple but most of mine come from special islands. (like 20-30 on one island!!)

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys do we know if Turnips go bad If we time travel weeks forward to another players town? Like for example today is March 29 but I go to another players town who's buying turnips for a high price but it is April 30th for example. Does it go bad?
Your turnips go bad when YOU time travel. Places you visit have no bearing on turnips.

Status
Not open for further replies.