• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
She won't leave until you hit a loading screen. So walk inside a building, have someone visit your town, etc she'll disappear once it's past noon. But if not she'll stay in town.
Oh interesting! Definitely what happened since he just put his console to sleep and then turned it back on.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Went villager hunting this weekend--ended up getting Marina and Whitney, super happy with 'em. Gonna have to build back up miles before I go back out haha.

Also question--if we've got a full town, can we find villagers on islands and kick out current residents? Or do I have to wait till they move to spot the island villagers? Have a few I'd be happy to lose for other options, but trying to avoid using amiibo cards if possible!

Also--do you get campers after the first even without using Amiibo cards? Do they continue to show up if your town is full?

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
PSA: apparently Stringfish is only available in June to southern hemisphere, so no need to craft 500 baits yet

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Let's talk about villagers and the ones on our islands.

I thought I was going to hate Bella because being a Rat and all, but her super friendly demeanor quickly turned her into my favorite villager. Also the fact she's wearing that Skull T-shirt and a fellow metal head scores some major points for me.

Poppy is also awesome, Not too sure about Pashmina because she became passive aggressive when I was trying to talk to her.

Frobert is Frobert and won't stop talking about lifting and exercise, and Jacob just sounds like he's just stoned...like constantly stoned.

Beardo is the next villager that is supposedly moving in and Gladys after that.

I got three more slots. I hope one of them is a Cat.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
How wide are you guys making your paths? I couldn't wait for the paths in game so I'm just putting designs down but I can't decide how wide to make it.

For the outside paths, I made the path between trees 4 wide cause the leaves block way too much of the view but I'm putting down paths in my town and a 4 wide path seems way too big

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I've closed up shop! Thanks to everyone who popped in!

I forgot to buy turnips this morning. 🙃

Opening my gates cause I'm sad and bored.
[Hidden content]
I'm low on Cherries (which you are still free to) but Peaches are my native. Have plenty of those. You can send me your Dodo or visit

[Hidden content]
Duck Pond is now open via Dodo code. PM me for a code! Will be doing waves of four.

I have Mabel in town today, as well as book stands and a record box in the Nook shop.

Would appreciate a duck bill!
What kinds of flower seeds are in your shops?

Plum

May 31, 2018
This is awful to hear, but it's natural with how discussion forums function with open-ended titles like this (especially early on).

While I can't catch the fish for you, I'd be happy to supply Nook Tickets or Fish Bait for your use. Let me know if you're interested. I would hate for anyone to feel left out in the game and the community should really look for its own.

Wow, thank you so much for the offer! I've sent you a PM.

As for the search, 100 bait and nothing...

...I did manage to get two Golden Loaches though. Right now I don't even care because, I don't know, it feels like I can't enjoy the game until I've got that fish. I know that's a bad feeling but it's just how my mind works.

Ultimadrago

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017

I thought I was going to hate Bella because being a Rat and all, but her super friendly demeanor quickly turned her into my favorite villager. Also the fact she's wearing that Skull T-shirt and a fellow metal head scores some major points for me.

Poppy is also awesome, Not too sure about Pashmina because she became passive aggressive when I was trying to talk to her.

Frobert is Frobert and won't stop talking about lifting and exercise, and Jacob just sounds like he's just stoned...like constantly stoned.

Benjamin - Ugly, ugly yellow mutt. I hated him on first sight, but he's been nothing but cool with me honestly. He has taught me two reactions and was a fellow guest at the recent Birthday Party I tended to. He's grown on me, but I'd probably trade them in a second

Lolly - I recall her design from past games and it never captured me before, but when I walked into her moving in it hit. She's so adorable, it's dangerous. Her personality is very bland and normal, but it fits her look and voice. She's quickly become a new favored Villager and I think I'll be making sure she sticks around.

Maddie - I met her on an island. Her design is fair enough. I thought having a "Pop Star Wannabe" would be really fun, but speaking with her over the course of the past week it has already gotten a bit old. Aside from that, I like her.

Billy - Ugly goat jock that came with the island.

Plucky - Ugly chicken "Big Sister" that came with the island.

Not the best set of Villagers yet, but I'm hoping to assist in curating that down the line.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
FUCK YEAH got my stringfish!
Same Nook Island I could manipulate into basically limitless sturgeon ended up giving me stringfish on my third bait. if I ran out of bait i learned how to manipulate the fish to spawn on the clifftop as well and could have reset them endlessly until i got one

RNG MANIPULATION BABYYYYYY

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
anyone got mabel in their town today? i'm looking to get some clothes

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all, looking for any shops that have White Lily or Red Cosmos seeds!

Can drop a Peach or two in return.

Oct 25, 2017
I sat down. I said, this is it. I did 6 casts, and finally got the jerk. Stringfish, you are ugly and dead to me. But more importantly, you are now forever damned to be with Blathers.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
Just a tip people seem to be missing:

TALK TO SABLE DAILY in the shop
She's gonna be short with you at first but she will start to warm up to you and give you patterns to customize furniture

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FUCK YEAH got my stringfish!
Same Nook Island I could manipulate into basically limitless sturgeon ended up giving me stringfish on my third bait. if I ran out of bait i learned how to manipulate the fish to spawn on the clifftop as well and could have reset them endlessly until i got one

RNG MANIPULATION BABYYYYYY
How are you doing that?

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

Genji only talks about exercise but he gives me awesome gifts

Hazel is angry at me because I talk to her too often

I don't know the other 3 very well yet lol

Gigan

Oct 27, 2017
I have a dumb question. A friend of mine just bought the game, so he will miss on all the winter exclusives fishes. Can't I just catch them for him and drop them in his island ? I heard there were some restrictions, for fishes/bugs and stuff.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Anyone who has their shop still open could send me a quick dodo code so I can sell and get my bridge done for tomorrow?

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
there is a rare island you can get in the nook tickets that has a much more higher rate of big fish and the big fish from rivers tend to be black bass or string fish while the river mouth can only be sturgeon.

Is this the one that has three levels to it? Cause I had one like that yesterday that kept giving me rare fish and sturgeons as well.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
yeah it's 3 levels, with a river going from the top level all the wat down, you probably hit it
that's actually not the one I used, but it was the one I was looking for lol
I used the one that has a single river that goes to the left into the ocean and one waterfall
you can leave three fish in the lower river and then manipulate the fourth fish into the top waterfall
or you have one top and three in river and then manipulate the ocean fish into spawning the sturgeon

durrrklin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Best Coast
Anyone else is welcome, I got a few pears, apples and oranges left. Oh, and peaches in Nook's

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Looking for mums in all colors (1 red, 4 white, 1 yellow), it's the last type of flower I need seeds of. I can pay with bells or fruit of any kind, whatever is preferred.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden

I started with these two:

Mac - Nooo, you're out soon buddy, I'm sorry. Combination of not really liking jocks and him not being cute enough just won't work. I also have another dog coming and don't want double of a species. I know you were here first but bye.

Plucky - She's cute, but I'll probably switch her out for another Uchi at some point.

Then I picked the first three villagers I met from my islands because they were all great:

Hornsby - Lazy little cutie! His design is lovely, by far the best rhino in my opinion. The lazy personality is really cool in NH!

Audie - I'll just quote her! "Ohmigosh! Yesssss!" One of the new ones, so cool looking and I just love the peppy personality!

Fauna - My friend was out looking for her for ages and didn't ever get her. I found her as my first normal. Felt so bad, we both love her a lot but she's basically my friend's fav. It's very nice to have someone I can talk to a lot that never gets tired of me and it helps that she's sooo cute.

My smug villager and first random island "catch":

Zell - Another deer so he will have to go eventually. Looks pretty cool but is nothing special. He hasn't moved in properly yet but I can tell I am gonna enjoy the smug ones!

Cookie - YES! Utterly adorable little pup! Decided to replaced Mac with Cookie the moment I saw her. She has bought a plot and will start moving in tomorrow. Can't wait to talk to her again!

Bought another plot without knowing I couldn't invite another one at the same time (?). I'm thinking that one might be purchased by a random tomorrow? Will be interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.