• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
FINALLY caught a Stringfish. The hunt was seriously starting to hinder my enjoyment of the game. I believe that's all for March bugs/fish. Now back to repaying my home.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lol I hear you. I like how everyone describes this game as the chillest experience, play a little bit every day and feel free to give it a rest, go your own pace kind of thing. Then you look on the reddit or in a thread like this and 90% of players are like hardcore gambling addicts gaming the stalk market for millions of bells, time traveling, or spending hours grinding to 100% achievements and fish/bug collections before they disappear for an entire year.

This fucking killed me, rofl

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to see which random NPC who is selling stuff is on my island without me running to check every corner?

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I had the back room installed today and noticed it's 6x6.
Do we get the option to expand the side rooms later on? Or is it like Wild World where your extra rooms start & stop at 6x6.

New Leaf handeled the extra rooms by starting at 4x4 and then you paid to expand to 6x6 and then 8x8. While starting at 4x4 was overkill, I still really loved having 6 full sized rooms in the house. It would be a shame to return to a 6x6 maximum.

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I've put together a Bounty Board. High Roller turnip buyers pledging big bells upfront for anyone with a price over 500 to prioritize our sell off due to the multiple trips required. So if you hit the turnip price jackpot during the week contact any of the people on that list and they'll pay you the advertised amount for private session to sell off their turnips.

More details here:
www.resetera.com

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT| Eternal Debt

best practice is to only build plots of land when i invite a camper to stay, right? so as to avoid random animals?
I only bought 3000 turnips this week, I can do that in 1 trip and will be more than enough profit if I'm doing 500-600 sell price. I might dive into that high rollers category next week though.

Everyone, remember to keep 1 turnip if you haven't already - this will turn spoiler on Sunday and you can place it outside to generate ants and flies.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
There's actually at least 95 according to the wiki but 5 require KK to sing to you directly in order to get a copy. My birthday is in December so it's going to be a while till I get my last song lol.

I assume you've been time travelling to get them all already since it's only possible to buy one a day?

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
I bought 100k worth of Turnips. My wife didn't know about Turnips yet and time skipped on the system :| I am not the proud owner of a spoiled turnip farm.

Setreal

Oct 27, 2017
Hey all! This my first animal crossing but having a good time with it playing normally (no time travel). If anyone wants to visit islands at some point feel free to add me

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Hero-of-Time

Oct 27, 2017
I have question regarding the island ranking system.

I've been stuck on rank 1 all day, despite me placing items and flowers around the island. Isabelle mentions that more villagers are needed for the island. Is this the only way to get the rank up to level 2? Figured I would see if i've been wasting my time putting items all around the place.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
I had the back room installed today and noticed it's 6x6.
Do we get the option to expand the side rooms later on? Or is it like Wild World where your extra rooms start & stop at 6x6.

New Leaf handeled the extra rooms by starting at 4x4 and then you paid to expand to 6x6 and then 8x8. While starting at 4x4 was overkill, I still really loved having 6 full sized rooms in the house. It would be a shame to return to a 6x6 maximum.
You can't upgrade the side rooms like in NL which is sad ): (unless it's unlocked after you upgrade everything idk but I have every room unlocked but the basement)

durrrklin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Best Coast
I forgot to buy turnips this morning. 🙃

Opening my gates cause I'm sad and bored.
Hidden content

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Hello, everyone. I am going to open my gates with a Dodo Code and go afk while I do some chores. I have Mabel in my town today. Of note in her inventory are the Zap Suit and a red fedora.

The flowers in my shop are:

Orange windflowers
White windflowers
Red mums
Yellow mums
Red tulips
White tulips

I have left a row of each of pears, peaches, and cherries next to the airport, so you may take one if you need those fruits. No compensation is required, but I would be thrilled to get some apples and oranges.

Dodo code:
[Hidden content]

Come check out my hilariously incomplete parks while I wait for the landscaping ability. Please don't destroy my flowers, lol.

Town is still open, and I no longer need apples and oranges. I am flat out of peaches, though. Still have a few cherries, and pears are available in the shop and unlimited.

I could use some flower seeds, if people want to share. I need red pansies, yellow cosmos, and any roses.
Hidden content

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I walked into Bella's house and she was at the DIY Workbench in her house but this music was playing from her stereo. Had a Hard Rock / Metal like sound to it and I cannot find it. Don't know the name of the song and am trying to find it.

EDIT: Of course it's called K.K Metal...Duh. I'm an idiot.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this thread isn't great for my anxiety when it comes to this game. Everyone else is getting awesome villagers, Stringfish for days, cool mystery island spawns, and low turnip prices whilst I'm getting awful villagers, no Stringfish after 300+ bait, flat/boring islands and the highest turnip prices possible.

That's adding on to my anxiety over whether I'm fucking up everything, of course! :(

This is awful to hear, but it's natural with how discussion forums function with open-ended titles like this (especially early on).

While I can't catch the fish for you, I'd be happy to supply Nook Tickets or Fish Bait for your use. Let me know if you're interested. I would hate for anyone to feel left out in the game and the community should really look for its own.

Bossa is my fave so I have that blaring in my main room. I also love Sonata, Disco, House, and Hypno. Just heard Flamenco and I think I'm in love.

Bossa is my favorite too! I am looking to branch out actually. Will try to check out more in this game than I have in the past Animal Crossings.

Last edited:

nopressure

Oct 28, 2017
So... do the mystery island only provide the same fruits and flowers? I've only found roses, pansies, coconuts, bamboo, peaches and pears on all my mystery island visits.

Disappointing as I'd have stopped wasting nook miles a while ago if I'd known. Is there any way of getting other flowers and fruits or do I need to visit people?

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
You can't upgrade the side rooms like in NL which is sad ): (unless it's unlocked after you upgrade everything idk but I have every room unlocked but the basement)
It might be a post-all-rooms thing, I just hopped back to Photopia which is set up like a fully upgraded house and every room is 8x8

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
My son has gotten like six bamboo islands while i haven't gotten any. Meanwhile i got a tuna just randomly and he used over 200 bait to get one. I think certain islands just get different odds

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
Will traveling to an island with a different day/timezone affect my turnips? My Switch is set 6 hours ahead due to the shop hours not working with my real life schedule.

Cambot

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't want to put all that my turnips in my house, so I put them in my yard protected by the army of fish. But then I thought, if people can steal my turnips, then they can move by fish, correct? Was this pointless?

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I didn't want to put all that my turnips in my house, so I put them in my yard protected by the army of fish. But then I thought, if people can steal my turnips, then they can move by fish, correct? Was this pointless?

Nope this will work. Outside of Fruit and Flowers and bags of Bells. Visitors to your island cannot pick up owner placed objects. You done good.

Oct 27, 2017
Someone plz tell me where I can get the soundtrack, there are some really smooth bangers on this once you get
the upgraded resident services center
and I need these songs In my life

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I was waiting to buy turnips today but apparently you only can in the morning? I was working almost all Sunday and it will be the same every week :/

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Even though I spent a bunch of time trying to get a stringfish, I really don't understand the rush. If you're worried about completing the museum, you won't be able to finish until winter rolls around anyway at which point the stringfish will be available again. You're really not missing out.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
Duck Pond is now open via Dodo code. PM me for a code! Will be doing waves of four.

I have Mabel in town today, as well as book stands and a record box in the Nook shop.

Would appreciate a duck bill!

Madman009

Oct 27, 2017
Somehow I keep missing turnip girl, even got up early and looked all over my island and she was a no show, worst is I'm super strapped for cash right now too tryin to build these bridges.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Only from 5 am to noon on Sundays. Although Daisy Mae was still chilling in my partner's town around 1 pm for some reason. It was strange. D:
She won't leave until you hit a loading screen. So walk inside a building, have someone visit your town, etc she'll disappear once it's past noon. But if not she'll stay in town.

Status
Not open for further replies.