• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
New Sturgeon fish rules:

If a river spans across multiple levels, make sure all levels do not have fish in them at any part of the river. When this happens, sturgeons will guarantee spawn in at the river mouth.

This applies to long rivers though... so make sure you try this on smaller/shorter rivers.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ever since these three blue Pansy's sprouted on my island, I've had pretty much an endless storm of Peacock Butterflies and the occasional Emperor.

It's self sustaining for money and has made my most recent Nook Island trips feel pointless, especially since the last three I went to were useless with very little decent resources.

I'm honestly floored by how common Peacock Butterflies are. And they're here for the next three months? Spoiled rotten over here! To top it off I found a hybrid flower island and now I'm getting even more of them now lol.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I LOVE YOU RANDOM ISLAND

IMG_20200329_221732.jpg

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Ooooh boy. So far we have 11 people signed up on to the Bounty Board for a total of ~12 million bells up for grabs. Some lucky someone could potentially claim it all if they get a good price and can host all of us.

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm going to try to finish designing the OT2 tomorrow so that we have it ready to go when this thread hits 400 pages. I've designed about half of it so far and it's about a third of the size of this OT aka much smaller as I can just link back to this OT for all the main info.

I don't have a set OT2 title yet either, lots of folks have sent me good suggestions so I may try to put them in a poll ASAP so you all can vote on what you'd like the OT2's title to be. But with the current speed of new pages popping up in this OT, it won't be long until we hit OT2.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Any way to store turnips? I noticed that you can't deposit them into your home storage space.
You can drop them on the ground in your house or outside. If you don't want visitors stealing them you can put a fence around them. You can also bury them. I have a little plateau in the middle of my island that I use exclusively for burying turnips, just because I find it kind of funny.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I've put together a Bounty Board. High Roller turnip buyers pledging big bells upfront for anyone with a price over 500 to prioritize our sell off due to the multiple trips required. So if you hit the turnip price jackpot during the week contact any of the people on that list and they'll pay you the advertised amount for private session to sell off their turnips.

More details here:
www.resetera.com

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT| Eternal Debt

best practice is to only build plots of land when i invite a camper to stay, right? so as to avoid random animals?

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I did a good job placing the stores and homes up until I messed up on the fashion shop. Do I need to move it to a random location before I can move it back one spot over or I can move it one spot over on the first try?
I'm having the same issue, but with my shop. Pretty annoying. I'll have to wait another two days to get Nook's Cranny and Able Sisters where I want them. Also meant taking down my Swap Shop for the time being. How can I have guests over with this mess? ;-;

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
now that i built a camp site and have the residential services building unlocked i'm feeling pretty aimless. i tried to go to a nook miles island to see if there was anyone i could invite, but there was not.

i'm just running around fishing and stuff. it's fun, but for the first time in a while i feel like i don't have anything to "do."

Antoo

May 1, 2019
Woooo!! Just got KK Soul! That's 90/90 with the last 5 only available with KK (this will take a weeks). Planning on a catalog session sometime next week where I'll just invite people to catalog every song.

Pau

Oct 25, 2017
Going to open my town up for shoppers. I'll limit it to four at a time and then close the gate. PM me for the code!

If you haven't gotten a Peacock Butterfly, they are spawning very frequently in my town plaza. I imagine it'll go on until 6:00 PM EST. Please don't take any of the flowers, especially the purple rose!

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
now that i built a camp site and have the residential services building unlocked i'm feeling pretty aimless. i tried to go to a nook miles island to see if there was anyone i could invite, but there was not.

i'm just running around fishing and stuff. it's fun, but for the first time in a while i feel like i don't have anything to "do."
Welcome to Animal Crossing. :/

Although iirc you can buy house plots items from tom nook for future residents, and then you still have to complete the requirements to get KK to come to your town.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Read a while back about someone being disappointed that the residents don't visit the museum - I'm glad that they do.

IMG_20200329_223252.jpg

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
This thread honestly stresses me out. Did you know that you can be bad at Animal Crossing? Because I'm bad at Animal Crossing. I've played like 5 hours every day since launch and everyone else's towns just so much more amazing than mine. I honestly feel like I'm playing it wrong and don't know anything about it when I come in here :( .
Yeah, this thread isn't great for my anxiety when it comes to this game. Everyone else is getting awesome villagers, Stringfish for days, cool mystery island spawns, and low turnip prices whilst I'm getting awful villagers, no Stringfish after 300+ bait, flat/boring islands and the highest turnip prices possible.

That's adding on to my anxiety over whether I'm fucking up everything, of course! :(
Lol I hear you. I like how everyone describes this game as the chillest experience, play a little bit every day and feel free to give it a rest, go your own pace kind of thing. Then you look on the reddit or in a thread like this and 90% of players are like hardcore gambling addicts gaming the stalk market for millions of bells, time traveling, or spending hours grinding to 100% achievements and fish/bug collections before they disappear for an entire year.

I had nothing to do yesterday so I just drank scotch, farmed bait, and grinded it out. After getting the stringfish finally after ~250 bait, I sent my wife a photo and then accidentally SOLD IT. So I went through another 50 bait before luckily a 2nd one popped up.

All told I ended up sweating more for that stringfish and the 100 Cast Master trophy than I ever did playing Bloodborne.

My wife and I are really enjoying the game, but yeah, it's definitely a different experience than I was expecting (unless you truly choose to zen out, ignore the chatter online and go entirely your own pace, which I assume is a challenge for most people).

giphy.webp

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017

Eh, unlocking terraforming seems like a big thing to do.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Seeing a lot more hardcore AC folks in this thread is kinda inevitable since most casual fans wouldn't go out of their way to talk about the game on ResetERA/Reddit, or at the very least won't post as frequently.

FerranMG

Oct 29, 2017
Hello, everyone. I am going to open my gates with a Dodo Code and go afk while I do some chores. I have Mabel in my town today. Of note in her inventory are the Zap Suit and a red fedora.

The flowers in my shop are:

Orange windflowers
White windflowers
Red mums
Yellow mums
Red tulips
White tulips

I have left a row of each of pears, peaches, and cherries next to the airport, so you may take one if you need those fruits. No compensation is required, but I would be thrilled to get some apples and oranges.

Dodo code:
[Hidden content]

Come check out my hilariously incomplete parks while I wait for the landscaping ability. Please don't destroy my flowers, lol.

Might pay you a visit in a moment of you have the gates still open!

Pau

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this a butterfly that spawns at certain times throughout the year? Or this is one of those rare ones where only specific days it will show up?
To add to what the other poster said, it spawns from March-June (Northern Hemisphere). So folks have quite some time to get it! It's really nice to have it spawn near the Town Plaza because I'm able to get around 10k every time I run my errands.

Malakiax

Oct 25, 2017
I bought 2 plot of land, invited 1 villager on a mystery island but now the villagers stopped appearing in mystery island.
Can I only invite 1 villager per day?

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
Hello, everyone. I am going to open my gates with a Dodo Code and go afk while I do some chores. I have Mabel in my town today. Of note in her inventory are the Zap Suit and a red fedora.

The flowers in my shop are:

Orange windflowers
White windflowers
Red mums
Yellow mums
Red tulips
White tulips

I have left a row of each of pears, peaches, and cherries next to the airport, so you may take one if you need those fruits. No compensation is required, but I would be thrilled to get some apples and oranges.

Dodo code:
[Hidden content]

Come check out my hilariously incomplete parks while I wait for the landscaping ability. Please don't destroy my flowers, lol.

I've been trying to join, and it finds your town name, but then I keep getting the "Interference" error.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Only took me 6 bait to catch the stringfish and my first time really trying. Not sure what all the fuss was about

It's almost like it's random.

Woooo!! Just got KK Soul! That's 90/90 with the last 5 only available with KK (this will take a weeks). Planning on a catalog session sometime next week where I'll just invite people to catalog every song.

Wow, congrats! I have almost all of them, but am missing a few. Which one do you play the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.