• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
This thread honestly stresses me out. Did you know that you can be bad at Animal Crossing? Because I'm bad at Animal Crossing. I've played like 5 hours every day since launch and everyone else's towns just so much more amazing than mine. I honestly feel like I'm playing it wrong and don't know anything about it when I come in here :( .

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
This thread honestly stresses me out. Did you know that you can be bad at Animal Crossing? Because I'm bad at Animal Crossing. I've played like 5 hours every day since launch and everyone else's towns just so much more amazing than mine. I honestly feel like I'm playing it wrong and don't know anything about it when I come in here :( .

that's the great thing about AC is that you don't have to be amazing at it! Over time you will learn all the tricks and best strategies, but most importantly, have fun!

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Do note, this thread has a bunch of time travelers and dupers, so a lot of the really good people aren't playing in spirit of the game.

Even those playing 100% straight are just prioritizing differently, no need to stress if yours doesn't match theirs, just do things how you want. The only way to play this game wrong is to be stressed out while doing so.

Plum

May 31, 2018

Yeah, this thread isn't great for my anxiety when it comes to this game. Everyone else is getting awesome villagers, Stringfish for days, cool mystery island spawns, and low turnip prices whilst I'm getting awful villagers, no Stringfish after 300+ bait, flat/boring islands and the highest turnip prices possible.

That's adding on to my anxiety over whether I'm fucking up everything, of course! :(

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Hello, everyone. I am going to open my gates with a Dodo Code and go afk while I do some chores. I have Mabel in my town today. Of note in her inventory are the Zap Suit and a red fedora.

The flowers in my shop are:

Orange windflowers
White windflowers
Red mums
Yellow mums
Red tulips
White tulips

I have left a row of each of pears, peaches, and cherries next to the airport, so you may take one if you need those fruits. No compensation is required, but I would be thrilled to get some apples and oranges.

Dodo code:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Come check out my hilariously incomplete parks while I wait for the landscaping ability. Please don't destroy my flowers, lol.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
caught a sturgeon on a nook island
accidentally sold it
went to another nook island, manipulated the fish spawns a bit and got another
giphy.gif

Oct 26, 2017
My hot item of the day is Iron Garden Table, so I'll buy out anyones stacks of iron for 30k bells each, and maybe a discounted rate if I buy 3+ stacks. Let me know!

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017

It will take some time to make a unique beautiful town It took me 3 years in city folk to make my town look awesome.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
We're setting up a bounty board for people to offer up big cash payouts to anyone with a high turnip price willing to privately host us, individually or in groups, to sell off our stupid amount of turnips that will require multiple trips.
www.resetera.com

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT| Eternal Debt

best practice is to only build plots of land when i invite a camper to stay, right? so as to avoid random animals?

I'm all for it. I have 8770 Turnips and I promised the whoever manages to get 400+ Sell price will get a 20% cut of my entire earnings. Since 87 Slots worth of Turnips will require three trips due to the max 40 space inventory, It'll definitely be worth it for the hoster to deal with my nonsense of loading and unloading my Turnips to sell for profit.

It would be insane though if my island happened to be the high sell spot for this week. I'm mean my luck has been good lately, but not THAT good.

JooJ

Oct 27, 2017
So I made my first Tarantula friendly island. It turned out better than expected, lots of tarantulas spawning. Now just waiting for Flick to make big money.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
There's no wrong way to play Animal Crossing.

Oct 25, 2017

Nah don't let it get to you and just have fun going at your own pace.

Though note some of the tips (save for the duping) so it can help you out in the long run such as catching tarantulas safely and making your own Tarantula island as its a great way to make the amounts needed for the house upgrades and later infrastructure costs.

There's no wrong way to play Animal Crossing.

While this is my first Animal Crossing i have started to realize THIS 1000%

Last edited:

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
You'll drive yourself insane if you try to do what a lot of those other people are doing. I've been playing games in this series for about 15 years and am still pretty terrible at decorating and the like; just do what you wanna do without worrying about having an island that looks like a magical wonderland.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
I'm slightly tempted to kick out Hopkins eventually now that I know he's an inflatable doll apparently...

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
eutiqq_ueaaswf-38k3v.jpg

Yay~! It only took 260 Bait. Jeesus. I hope there aren't too many fish that are more rare than the String Fish in the Critterpedia.

And you have to fish Oarfish in the Southern Hemisphere? Could anyone open their doors so I could try to catch it? :(

Edit: Nevermind, I'm wrong.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got a stingfish, but I never did get that golden trout. Where is that thing?

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Got lucky with today's hot item in my island - natural wooden chair. Sold for over 4k bells. Cleaned out my island and two Nook Tickets. Paid off a bridge and an incline for tomorrow.

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
So now I caught the stringfish I think the only fish I don't have that are available now are golden trout and tuna. But I don't think also there's of those become unavailable after March.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm all for it. I have 8770 Turnips and I promised the whoever manages to get 400+ Sell price will get a 20% cut of my entire earnings. Since 87 Slots worth of Turnips will require three trips due to the max 40 space inventory, It'll definitely be worth it for the hoster to deal with my nonsense of loading and unloading my Turnips to sell for profit.

It would be insane though if my island happened to be the high sell spot for this week. I'm mean my luck has been good lately, but not THAT good.
So I'll put you down for 750k then?

MCee

Oct 28, 2017
Bay Area
Hello, everyone. I am going to open my gates with a Dodo Code and go afk while I do some chores. I have Mabel in my town today. Of note in her inventory are the Zap Suit and a red fedora.

Orange windflowers
White windflowers
Red mums
Yellow mums
Red tulips
White tulips

I have left a row of each of pears, peaches, and cherries next to the airport, so you may take one if you need those fruits. No compensation is required, but I would be thrilled to get some apples and oranges.

Dodo code:
[Hidden content]

Come check out my hilariously incomplete parks while I wait for the landscaping ability. Please don't destroy my flowers, lol.

Going! Thanks

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017

Orange windflowers
White windflowers
Red mums
Yellow mums
Red tulips
White tulips

Dodo code:
[Hidden content]

Thanks! Got a bunch of flowers I didn't have on my island yet, was just looking to plant some new ones too.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017

Orange windflowers
White windflowers
Red mums
Yellow mums
Red tulips
White tulips

Dodo code:
[Hidden content]

Yay, I got apples and oranges! Thanks everyone! I will be leaving the gates open for a while yet.
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Deleted member 59

2 questions:

How often does Wisp appear?

Does the island get a proper lighthouse like previous AC titles
Thanks.

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Less than 50 pages until an OT2 for ACNH! You guys have all talked so much that you'll be making this my first OT to go to a 2nd thread.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any great star fragment recipes? I've only seen the wand, a rocket and the Aries rocking horse. I have some fragments sitting around but nothing I'm keen to craft...

you only need inventory space to shuffle them to storage (floor of your house or outside), and totake to another island if you sell somewhere else. Bear in mind 10 stacks will cost 100k bells at 100 each because you're buying 1000 turnips per stack. So you might not be able to afford that many anyway

I'm personally keeping to no more than 40 stacks - so if I sell on someone else's island I can do it in one trip
Great, thanks for the insight. I'm punting till next week when I'm more organized :)

Tidalwaves

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
There
There's a lot to that. A good deal of people cheat their way through the progress. Take things at your own pace and you will have a town just as nice.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
If we manage to get a Turnip price of 500 that sounds about right. However if it's only 400 for sale wouldn't 700,000 be 20% of 3.5 Million
Yeah, I'm try to keep to the metric of 500k as the floor and 250k for each additional trip. So 3 trips - 750k. Instead of working percentages I want the board to big a fixed amount so as to be more reliable for hosts to know what they're getting. As well as basing it on the assumption the price we get is at least 500.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Ever since these three blue Pansy's sprouted on my island, I've had pretty much an endless storm of Peacock Butterflies and the occasional Emperor.

It's self sustaining for money and has made my most recent Nook Island trips feel pointless, especially since the last three I went to were useless with very little decent resources.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017

Orange windflowers
White windflowers
Red mums
Yellow mums
Red tulips
White tulips

Dodo code:
[Hidden content]

thanks! I took some cherries (left ya apples)

Status
Not open for further replies.