• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beamerball

Jan 16, 2018
It helps with rotating the fish out from the pool of all fish types available for the current season.
Nope.

That said, I caught my Blue Marlin by using bait on the pier simply to get the fish to pop. Otherwise, every other rare fish I've caught has been random no-bait runs.
Certain fish are only available at certain locations. Examples include the dock, the mountain lake, and the river delta. Bait does not affect what type of fish you catch, rather it allows you to repeatedly spawn fish from the available pool at specific location.

Example: use bait repeatedly at the mountain lake when trying to catch string fish.

nice. All these are helpful. Thanks y'all.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Caught Daisy just minutes before she left, bought 50 turnips for 102. Hoping I can sell them for at least double because I still need to pay off my second house loan.

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
The technique you used to identify what shadow to look for is wrong. If you see a large fish, you need to keep tossing the bait until you see a larger fish than that large fish.

The shadow to look for has to be as large as your thumb's nail width, if you put your thumb on the screen. I had my stringfish on the 73rd bait though.
Oh so it's larger than large? I need to look this up again.

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
Just built the house for my first campsite visitor. Now Nook is letting me allocate more house plots at 10,000 a pop. How many houses do I max out at? Just want to plan so I can spread them out properly. Also, are there any other non-house buildings after Able Sisters?

Bate

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The technique you used to identify what shadow to look for is wrong. If you see a large fish, you need to keep tossing the bait until you see a larger fish than that large fish.

The shadow to look for has to be as large as your thumb's nail width, if you put your thumb on the screen. I had my stringfish on the 73rd bait though.
Do I understand you correctly that with every subsequent bait drop you increase the size of the shadow?

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is it before noon on anyone's island right now??? i fucked up and got a bunch of money only to realize daisy mae leaves at noon :'(

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
How do I only have a 1 star rating? I've got no weeds and I have flowers fucking everywhere. Apparently you need to put furniture outside to increase your rating but I don't feel as if I have a lot of room to pit more shit. I don't want to throw furniture around randomly outside but I lack the creativity a lot of people seem to have.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I spent 300k on turnips and I'm making more money to buy more, I'm counting on era to make this into a proper profit

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
My island's suddenly taking ages to load and about as long to save as pre-patch Stardew Valley which is to say "forever".

Oct 27, 2017
How do I only have a 1 star rating? I've got no weeds and I have flowers fucking everywhere. Apparently you need to put furniture outside to increase your rating but I don't feel as if I have a lot of room to pit more shit. I don't want to throw furniture around randomly outside but I lack the creativity a lot of people seem to have.
How? Did you just fill every square with trees?

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
Infrastructure builds are so frustrating right now. I want an incline here but it won't let me:

2dd76345-4232-4e33-bpykcc.jpeg

I know the ramp will fit with room to spare. The only thing there isn't enough space for is Lloid to collect the money. So I'll eventually have to dig into the side of the cliff just to make space for Lloid who will be gone the following day :/

Also have loads of spots where I want to build bridges but I can't as there's a slight kink on the river bank. Terraforming can't come soon enough!

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uh guys, I asked this for a few times now but got no response.

Does the fencing you get from Nook require a recipe if you want more or are you supposed to get it from Nook? Because I didn't.

Also I bought a DIY thing from the shop, but need an iron wood dresser and a cutton board for the kitchen thing. I don't have recipes for either. Is it normal that you can buy recipes from the shop without being able to craft everything that's needed for it?

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who was time traveling a little bit, I feel like I should note to you guys that the Tarantula Island trick stops working in April.

In April, Giant Water Bugs start to spawn in lakes and rivers and there's no way to get rid of them other than catching them so if you want to take advantage of the exploit without Time Traveling, now is the time.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
If anyone is interested I have turnips at 90 Bells each on my island. DoDo code is D77YR.
I could use some peaches and oranges if anyone has them. Feel free to stop by. My island looks like crap right now so don't judge too harshly!

Going to stop by really quick and grab some turnips at 90! I'll drop some peaches.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone is interested I have turnips at 90 Bells each on my island. DoDo code is D77YR.
I could use some peaches and oranges if anyone has them. Feel free to stop by. My island looks like crap right now so don't judge too harshly!
would you be interested in a peach tree instead of the peach itself

edit: wait i dont think you can trade those shit

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, is it unreasonable to expect people to be awake my noon?
People can have other things they need to do besides playing the game and sleeping, too.

There's no good reason for it to be limited to a 6 hour window, especially not one that starts at 6am. You can't sell them until Monday anyway, so buying should be available all Sunday.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I finally managed to get my Pac-man town theme with some help!

nooknet.net

Nooknet - Island Tune Creator

This handy tool allows you to test & create the perfect Island Tune for your Animal Crossing: New Horizons island!
Neat little site, though browsing is broken on all my browsers. I need to update mine, I don't know if I'll be able to fit enough of Bubble Bobble in to make it worthwhile, or do a Zelda or final fantasy

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Uh guys, I asked this for a few times now but got no response.

Does the fencing you get from Nook require a recipe if you want more or are you supposed to get it from Nook? Because I didn't.

Also I bought a DIY thing from the shop, but need an iron wood dresser and a cutton board for the kitchen thing. I don't have recipes for either. Is it normal that you can buy recipes from the shop without being able to craft everything that's needed for it?

Yes you need to buy it yourself and yes

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
are they still there? Missed buying turnips in my time zone by an hour :(

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Lol, is it unreasonable to expect people to be awake my noon?
I posted earlier it was a bit of a challenge for me. I mostly play at night because I'm a single parent, and my toddler, bless him, he loves to play animal crossing, but it largely consists of hitting the screenshot and home button, constantly closing the software, and just generally not allowing me to get much done. If I try to take the switch he'll get mad and want to start acting destructive so I have to put the switch away. So I sure appreciate Nintendo's arbitrary time limits.

Lyndis Lorca

Oct 25, 2017
Throwing wide the gates to last minute turnip buyers.

My isle is 94 a pop. 50 min left. Pardon the pixie dust from construction and dont run through flowers.

Code: 2J2LP

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Thanks.

Dropped off peaches and oranges by the plaza.

Got myself some Air Jordan Royal Blues and the Bathroom Sink.

Status
Not open for further replies.