• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
The more I get used to my place, the less I think I'll need terraforming once unlocking it.

There's a few annoyances I'd get around to patching, but aside that I'm very happy with my chosen map layout.

Toti

Oct 30, 2017
Italy
Can I evict a villager from my island? I tried to complain about her to Isabelle yesterday but nothing happened :(

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
The random island I just traveled to with a Nook Miles Ticket seems to be a spiral-shaped island that spawns lots of butterflies.

If I wait until 7 PM will it be spawning a bunch of Emperor Butterflies?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I do think outside my residential area and tree farms, I'm going to live some parts of my island as is to have a natural feel.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Is it worth me setting the clock back a few hours to buy turnips?

Apparently if I then set it back to the correct time the turnips will spoil?

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Place certain colors next to each other (a flower can create a new flower with anything in the 8 squares around it but needs at least one open adjacent space to actually put the new plant, so checkerboard planting patterns are common) to create hybrids.
docs.google.com

(1) Hybrid Flower Color Guide

Sheet1 Animal Crossing: New Horizons // Hybrid Flowers Color Guide v2 Roses,Windflowers,Hyacinths,Pansies,Tulips,Mums,Cosmos Mix,Result,Mix,Result,Mix,Result,Mix,Result,Mix,Result,Mix,Result,Mix Red,Pink,Red,Pink,White,Pink,Red,Orange,Red,Pink,Red,Pink,Red White,White,Red,Yellow,White,White,Whi...

You may also get lucky and find a "hybrid flower island." I got some blue, pink, and orange hyacinths that way.
Plant two beside each other and water them. Creates hybrids.

Ok thanks! Appreciate you both going to the effort to explain this to me. I'll get checkerboard planting and watering.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
I love the detail they put into the villagers, and it seems like their behavior is different even if its the exact same animal, I only have one animal who constantly sings, Savahna, usually at night and in the morning. My jock Lyman prefers to fish, bug hunt and Naruto run around the village rather than work out, and Audie is the only one who actually consistently does any exercise seriously lol. My lazy villager Rex actually studies the flowers and bugs and whips out this book that has bugs or flowers depending on what hes looking at.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know you could do this. I have like 150 trees, would I get more?

I think it's 2 per island daily regardless. Trees with fruit on them won't have furniture, so you can leave those alone if you want.
Also check the yellow bin in residential services. I'm not 100% sure but I think if you miss finding the day's furniture it gets put in there. Let me know if you find anything.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Thank god, finally unlocked the ability to move houses. Wasn't happy with the first two. 50k is steep for me right now but worth it IMO.

Bought 1000 turnips at 97 bells, here's hoping for a good price this week or else I'll visit someone. Need a bigger house, a second bridge, etc.

OmahaGTP

Dec 24, 2017
The birthday celebration is adorable and with all the isolation going on was bizarrely sweet. Game continues to be a gem.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
If I have a camper moving in tomorrow, and I've just placed down a plot of land, can I invite another villager from a Nook Miles Island?

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I would pay so many Bells for it to rain everyday so I don't have to water everything

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I think it's 2 per island daily regardless. Trees with fruit on them won't have furniture, so you can leave those alone if you want.
Also check the yellow bin in residential services. I'm not 100% sure but I think if you miss finding the day's furniture it gets put in there. Let me know if you find anything.
Def not in the bin, that's empty every day. I'll try the other trees, there are just so many of them

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Anyone still have Daisy Mae available with their gates open if it wouldn't be too much trouble that I stop by?

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Place certain colors next to each other (a flower can create a new flower with anything in the 8 squares around it but needs at least one open adjacent space to actually put the new plant, so checkerboard planting patterns are common) to create hybrids.
docs.google.com

(1) Hybrid Flower Color Guide

Sheet1 Animal Crossing: New Horizons // Hybrid Flowers Color Guide v2 Roses,Windflowers,Hyacinths,Pansies,Tulips,Mums,Cosmos Mix,Result,Mix,Result,Mix,Result,Mix,Result,Mix,Result,Mix,Result,Mix Red,Pink,Red,Pink,White,Pink,Red,Orange,Red,Pink,Red,Pink,Red White,White,Red,Yellow,White,White,Whi...

You may also get lucky and find a "hybrid flower island." I got some blue, pink, and orange hyacinths that way.
Huh? Well that explains why a wild purple rose spouted on my island.

Bend

Oct 27, 2017
Closed my gate! Thanks to everyone that came and dropped gifts. I thought I could ignore the loading screen but after an hour of it constantly going it started to get to me

Have to say, the phone app communication was really nice. I left my switch plugged in on the table and was able to talk with people that came by easily.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
Is bait required to catch rare fish? I feel like I just fish everywhere I see them active but rarely use bait

Certain fish are only available at certain locations. Examples include the dock, the mountain lake, and the river delta. Bait does not affect what type of fish you catch, rather it allows you to repeatedly spawn fish from the available pool at specific location.

Example: use bait repeatedly at the mountain lake when trying to catch string fish.

Vkandrew

Nov 26, 2017
If anyone is interested I have turnips at 90 Bells each on my island. DoDo code is D77YR.
I could use some peaches and oranges if anyone has them. Feel free to stop by. My island looks like crap right now so don't judge too harshly!

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Fishing while it's raining it great. Just caught 3 Coelacanth on one my trips to the beach. Still getting sea bass though and a lot of other crappy fish

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I've now used over 500 fish bait and still no string fish :(
The technique you used to identify what shadow to look for is wrong. If you see a large fish, you need to keep tossing the bait until you see a larger fish than that large fish.

The shadow to look for has to be as large as your thumb's nail width, if you put your thumb on the screen. I had my stringfish on the 73rd bait though.

Status
Not open for further replies.