• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, the conditions to get the recipes for the golden tools are nuts especially since they still break

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
When do you get the ability to terraform? I need to even out the sides of the river to place a bridge where I want.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People with all of the awesome decorations, how? Just luck? Is it mostly from balloons? Is there a best method for farming them?

I have a few cool things, but so jealous of lots of the stuff I see in this thread.

Got to grind. Check all store fronts, visit other islands and check stores, balloons, give villagers gifts, shake trees, etc

Metal Slugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
St. Cloud, MN
Hey all,

I don't have the game but my youngest does and is bummed that she can't just visit random islands. If anyone would like to help and post/PM their island codes I would be eternally grateful. Thanks!

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I'm open! 4VNCS 90 bells a nip
I can check. No gifts required.
this was not because you used another time zone per se; it's because you went before it was Sunday on your island. As soon as the turnover to Sunday happens, previous turnips rot.

10 minutes left here...are we friends already?
Thank you for all the offers! Managed to go someone else's town. :)

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm assuming when Sahara comes over I should just plan on buying a lot of large rugs so I can get tickets for more mysterious wallpapers?

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
When do you get the ability to terraform? I need to even out the sides of the river to place a bridge where I want.

Going off a guide I read, after you get residential services tent upgraded to a building Nook will give you an endgoal to work towards of
getting KK Slider to play at the island. You need like 6-7 villagers and a 3 star rating, I think, to achieve this and THEN you can get terraforming.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Man, the conditions to get the recipes for the golden tools are nuts especially since they still break
Not to mention they're inferior to the regular tools, since at least you can fully repair those by customising them. Not an option for the golden tools.

Wait, they're from a large set of designs??? I thought they were random/procedurally generated
There's 19 archetypes defined in the game's files. It seems only specific elements are randomised, the layout for each one is always the same.

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
So is it pretty much impossible to get every fruit from mystery islands? The first couple of days I got cherries regularly (my native is apples) but since then nothing but apples. And almost always my native flower as well.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Island tours feel like gambling

You want to quit but you're like, "no, maybe THIS time there will be a villager I actually want" and then the next thing you know your out of tickets

Well sometimes it works out

EUSsW1tVAAIPJnk

Fang is coming home ;____; I'm so fuckin happy, he was one of my best buds in New Leaf!

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
So is it pretty much impossible to get every fruit from mystery islands? The first couple of days I got cherries regularly (my native is apples) but since then nothing but apples. And almost always my native flower as well.

It's pretty unlikely to do so in a timely fashion. After 30+ random islands we've only gotten apples (3 times, for hecks sake, native fruit is peaches) and hyacinths (once or twice, native flower is lilies). You're better off getting them from other players, in fact I can give you every other fruit if you want next time I'm playing.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
So right now there is absolutely no way to transfer your full island + save to another Switch right? I am well aware cloud saves don't work on this, and the regular save transfer doesn't work either, but I did hear about a one time transfer thing for people who might buy a new Switch or lose theirs. I may be buying a new Switch for my partner and their island is on another Switch right now.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Five days in with the Museum built, the store in place, 3 villagers arrived and two joining in tomorrow I have to say, this is a lot of fun to check in every day for an hour or two.

Can't wait to see how it progresses and I have to say it's nice that you can only grind a certain amount a day (without messing with the system settings).

And the voices are just amazing - the way you often can hear the real words in there... So well done.

Also- wait, did I miss the Sunday turnip event?

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I only give fruits to my villagers lol

Is Norma nice? She was the third to move today. Can't wait to start touring and inviting again.

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
It's pretty unlikely to do so in a timely fashion. After 30+ random islands we've only gotten apples (3 times, for hecks sake, native fruit is peaches) and hyacinths (once or twice, native flower is lilies). You're better off getting them from other players, in fact I can give you every other fruit if you want next time I'm playing.

Thanks for the info.

Thats a very generous offer that I'll take you up on if we can find a common time.

Florist

Oct 28, 2017
Boston, Ma
Anyone willing to sell me a few Nook tickets? Residence services is closed for the day and I'd like to jet set! I have cherries, oranges, pears, bamboo, coconuts, and a spare sturgeon if so! (I'd pay extra as well)

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all,

I don't have the game but my youngest does and is bummed that she can't just visit random islands. If anyone would like to help and post/PM their island codes I would be eternally grateful. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure that all island dodo codes are temporary and set differently each time the resident wants to open the island. I would look out for some codes here for specific events or trades. In real life friends are also a great social distancing hangout option if she can find some!

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Ok how the heck do I get flowers that aren't red, yellow, or white? Every island tour I go to has them also! I'm dying here lol. Is it really rare for deserted islands to have different flowers than your native flowers?

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
So right now there is absolutely no way to transfer your full island + save to another Switch right? I am well aware cloud saves don't work on this, and the regular save transfer doesn't work either, but I did hear about a one time transfer thing for people who might buy a new Switch or lose theirs. I may be buying a new Switch for my partner and their island is on another Switch right now.
They've said this is coming in the future. It's not possible now.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
God, in the "most played games" on my Switch folder, it's already ahead of MK8, which is at 65 hours.
In only 8 days.
This will be my most played game in no time lol

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
So I've just found out turnips are apparently only buyable for 6 hours and if you happen to be doing other things in those 6 hours (like sleeping for some of them, since it starts at 6am on a Sunday) it's tough luck until next week.

That's stupid, they're only available on one day of the week as it is, they should at least be available for the 24 hours.

Metal Slugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
St. Cloud, MN
I'm pretty sure that all island dodo codes are temporary and set differently each time the resident wants to open the island. I would look out for some codes here for specific events or trades. In real life friends are also a great social distancing hangout option if she can find some!

Poop. Thanks for the info!

Well, her island code is D5GFG if anyone wants to stop in.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Ok how the heck do I get flowers that aren't red, yellow, or white? Every island tour I go to has them also! I'm dying here lol. Is it really rare for deserted islands to have different flowers than your native flowers?

Place certain colors next to each other (a flower can create a new flower with anything in the 8 squares around it but needs at least one open adjacent space to actually put the new plant, so checkerboard planting patterns are common) to create hybrids.
docs.google.com

(1) Hybrid Flower Color Guide

Sheet1 Animal Crossing: New Horizons // Hybrid Flowers Color Guide v2 Roses,Windflowers,Hyacinths,Pansies,Tulips,Mums,Cosmos Mix,Result,Mix,Result,Mix,Result,Mix,Result,Mix,Result,Mix,Result,Mix Red,Pink,Red,Pink,White,Pink,Red,Orange,Red,Pink,Red,Pink,Red White,White,Red,Yellow,White,White,Whi...

You may also get lucky and find a "hybrid flower island." I got some blue, pink, and orange hyacinths that way.

Caesar III

Jan 3, 2018
So I've just found out turnips are apparently only buyable for 6 hours and if you happen to be doing other things in those 6 hours (like sleeping for some of them, since it starts at 6am on a Sunday) it's tough luck until next week.

That's stupid, they're only available on one day of the week as it is, they should at least be available for the 24 hours.
yep, started up the game today after lunch and no turnip girl :( That confirms it.

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
I just wanted to buy turnips after working and it's impossible. Dang it I don't like how biased this game is against people who play at night.

lovecatt

Nov 12, 2017
first day with campsite set up & pietro is my first visitor....

even in games where you can't lose I always find a way...

Kamala

Sep 22, 2019
Anyone willing to sell me a few Nook tickets? Residence services is closed for the day and I'd like to jet set! I have cherries, oranges, pears, bamboo, coconuts, and a spare sturgeon if so! (I'd pay extra as well)

I can bring you three tickets if you want, I don't need any payment, though I'd like to look in Nook's/Mabel's shops if possible. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.