• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
Oh... Sorry! 😭 If it helps, I'm absolutely new to the series, so I'm not exactly a good judge of character. I was a wee bit wary of one of my first new villagers but ended up loving them, so maybe I'll end up liking him too.

OH, haha, understandable then! I have my fair share of "ugly" animals that I love. You'll develop your list of favorites and unfavorables soon enough, heeh.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Sure! 4VNCS is the code
Thanks so much for the trip to Poundtown! And thanks for the apple and orange as well. I'm so sorry I didn't bring any of my fruit, I cleaned up my island aside from my decorative fruit trees yesterday, plus I was in a hurry with my kid. There's so much loading in multiplayer, yikes. I kept trying to leave but getting interrupted by loading, meanwhile my kid was trying to yank the Switch away lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any issues building a villager home in an area that's only currently accessible by pole vault? Will the game even let me?

Bend

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks so much for the trip to Poundtown! And thanks for the apple and orange as well. I'm so sorry I didn't bring any of my fruit, I cleaned up my island aside from my decorative fruit trees yesterday, plus I was in a hurry with my kid. There's so much loading in multiplayer, yikes. I kept trying to leave but getting interrupted by loading, meanwhile my kid was trying to yank the Switch away lol.

No problem, glad you were able to get some! The loading is crazy, I was trying to ignore it but it's been constant since I opened the gate.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Since I finally got the Resident Service upgrade, I have a quick question about bridges. Does the payment of bridges works similar to your home payment in that you can pay it over time, or do you have to pay it all upfront?

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
my wife started a tent on my island, but I wound up getting her a switch shortly after she did this

can I get rid of her plot or is it stuck there forever?

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Woke up too late for Daisy Mae. ;-; Anyone in CST, MST, or PST still have her around? I can bring gifts.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Since I finally got the Resident Service upgrade, I have a quick question about bridges. Does the payment of bridges works similar to your home payment in that you can pay it over time, or do you have to pay it all upfront?
Both. You pay it over time, but the bridge itself doesn't get built until you pay it. There will be a construction guy who sits in front of the bridge construction area who you pay.

wholahay

Dec 18, 2017
From what I've read here, if it's your first camper you have to take them.

I'm so steamed about this right now, it's super weird that we have all this choice in picking neighbors for the first time in the series and then suddenly it takes a complete 180 back to taking whoever shows up by default.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People with all of the awesome decorations, how? Just luck? Is it mostly from balloons? Is there a best method for farming them?

I have a few cool things, but so jealous of lots of the stuff I see in this thread.

Abu05

Oct 27, 2017
Can you store the turnips some how??? Also 92 bells on my island. Have apples, peaches, and coconuts on my island. Any other fruit would be awesome thanks. Code: 0YTQX

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So what's been the reported highest sell price for Turnips so far? I saw 512 here the other day, wondering how high it can get to possibly hold out for this week.

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
i dont get how mfers are so far already

i have nothing to do except try to get 30 iron nuggets for the shop expansion and gain bells for loan deposit

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
First time buying turnips, hope this goes well!
Also this old man Lionel is my first camper, he seems like a dud and I don't see how to refuse him from moving here.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if you can only get turnip prices of 500+ later in the week like fridays and saturdays, to make it more risk reward to wait that long. did anyone get a good price earlier than that?

Gwarm

Nov 13, 2017
Ah, looks like I missed out on the turnips. Anyone got a decent price and open gates? I'll bring you some apples.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Anyone know of the Nook Miles island where you have 5 rocks sitting at the top?

After patch 1.1.1 came out, it's now impossible to convert that island into a tarantulas island.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought.

One question, if I make a profile for my daughter on my switch, can we each play a different character?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
My GF brought black and purple turnips to our island and now we got some new insects flying around :D
Also we had some turnips rot cause apparently visiting someones island who is ahead of you timewise, buying turnips there and going back to your island rots them lol
but we now got ants and flies from that, so something good at least!
this was not because you used another time zone per se; it's because you went before it was Sunday on your island. As soon as the turnover to Sunday happens, previous turnips rot.
Woke up too late for Daisy Mae. ;-; Anyone in CST, MST, or PST still have her around? I can bring gifts.
10 minutes left here...are we friends already?

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
People with all of the awesome decorations, how? Just luck? Is it mostly from balloons? Is there a best method for farming them?

I have a few cool things, but so jealous of lots of the stuff I see in this thread.

Shoot down every balloon you can. Shake all the trees on your island until you get two pieces of furniture, daily. Check Nook's Cranny daily and also visit other islands if possible. Also exchanged lists of "please look out for stuff like this" items with my friends and we send each other things we think the other person would like. Started giving presents (furniture and clothes) to my villagers and some of them have started giving me presents every other day. Check the ABD daily for new recipes and items. Shake all non-fruiting trees during random island trips to get 1 piece of furniture. Also keep in mind many things can be customized and can look quite different because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.