• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Opening my town up

- Free stuff stall at entrance, feel free to take anything
- Southern Hemisphere, sunday here so no turnips
- Mabels & Nook's Cranny are open (flowers on sale are roses, cosmo & lilly)
- it's Biff's birthday so bring him a present

Closing down soon
tyvm! :D

Beautiful island set up!

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Yeah, at the airport. You can open the gate to anyone on your Switch friends list or generate a code which you can post and have anyone use to enter.

After someone has visited once, you can upgrade them to Best Friends; only Best Friends can use tools on your island. I think that's the game's only form of rule setting.
Yeah, at the airport. You can open the gate to anyone on your Switch friends list or generate a code which you can post and have anyone use to enter.

After someone has visited once, you can upgrade them to Best Friends; only Best Friends can use tools on your island. I think that's the game's only form of rule setting.

Thanks!

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Ok I have many people on era that I'm friends with, how do I know if their island is open? I did a search earlier and it found nothing.

Also is there a threadmark that have friends codes or dodo codes.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
eupwxszueaadpxe98jds.jpg

Yeah starry-sky works much better. While I wish there was something like galaxy for the wall.

Doing a very small giveaway for you morning owls (in my time): Random Golden Tools and Arcade Machines. It will only be open for a bit.

eup8uosu0aefvpqvzjc5.jpg

As usual: the items are cloned, visitors will interrupt movement, take multiple but not too much.
If you want to give something in exchange, I could always use more fish bait!

Code shows for those that have replied in this thread:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Angeal78

Game Producer at MistWall Studio
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Someone on southern hemisphere are available to open their islands? I just want to catch fishes xD.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Is there something I'm doing wrong or am I just terribly unlucky? I've stayed up literally all night due primarily to mental reasons but also because I've been trying to catch this goddamn Stringfish, but I just haven't found it yet despite trying nearly 100 baits. I've circled where I'm looking for them on the map below:

3s9MViC.png

Do I need to be somewhere more specific or what? This is getting real frustrating now :(

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Is there something I'm doing wrong or am I just terribly unlucky? I've stayed up literally all night due primarily to mental reasons but also because I've been trying to catch this goddamn Stringfish, but I just haven't found it yet despite trying nearly 100 baits. I've circled where I'm looking for them on the map below:

3s9MViC.png

Do I need to be somewhere more specific or what? This is getting real frustrating now :(
Unfortunately, it's just that rare and annoying to get. :/

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017

3s9MViC.png

It's just an obnoxious little shit, that's all. Though I believe you can catch it anywhere on the highest or middle tier cliffs, not only the highest one.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Unfortunately, it's just that rare and annoying to get. :/
It's just an obnoxious little shit, that's all. Though I believe you can catch it anywhere on the highest or middle tier cliffs, not just the highest one.

Dammit

Guess I've got nothing better to do with my life right now so time to just tough this one out.

I'm kicking myself because I had a high fish spawn rate + three-tier river Nook Miles island earlier that I left because it wasn't working well as a Spider Island... :(

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Sunday is Turnip buying day from Joan, right? Any idea what prices are typical considers great for buying and selling so that I have a frame of reference? Haven't done this since City Folk, haha.

Any other lesser known tips for making steady Bells/swift upgrades aside from Tarantula Island?

Thanks so much!

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
After you fly back home, you can see the plane trail in the sky! What a cute touch.

Would any kind soul out there be willing to give me an apple and orange? I can bring pears and cherries.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Doing a very small giveaway for you morning owls (in my time): Random Golden Tools and Arcade Machines. It will only be open for a bit.

eup8uosu0aefvpqvzjc5.jpg

As usual: the items are cloned, visitors will interrupt movement, take multiple but not too much.

Code shows for those that have replied in this thread: [Hidden content]

I'll use this post to just update whether Gates are opened or closed due to traffic: DONE FOR TONIGHT

It'll be known clearly when it's done for tonight.

Last edited:

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Did quite a bit today. General Nook Miles and Bell earning, got saddled with a bunch of tools from Hazel again, got my house and did more feng shui, fell in love with Blathers enough to get his museum up and running as quick as possible, helped a washed-up Gulliver fix his phone, and finally went to my first mystery island. Stole ALL of the palm trees. I NEED THEM. Also on the island was a Villager, a pink chipmunk thing obsessed with being a celebrity. Eh, she's cute enough. Live with me.

ASTROID2

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dammit

Guess I've got nothing better to do with my life right now so time to just tough this one out.

I'm kicking myself because I had a high fish spawn rate + three-tier river Nook Miles island earlier that I left because it wasn't working well as a Spider Island... :(
Took me a couple days to get one.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I've noticed that the squid has three different puns, and it seems to be the only fish or bug to have multiple. Or at least out of the ones I've caught so far.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Did quite a bit today. General Nook Miles and Bell earning, got saddled with a bunch of tools from Hazel again, got my house and did more feng shui, fell in love with Blathers enough to get his museum up and running as quick as possible, helped a washed-up Gulliver fix his phone, and finally went to my first mystery island. Stole ALL of the palm trees. I NEED THEM. Also on the island was a Villager, a pink chipmunk thing obsessed with being a celebrity. Eh, she's cute enough. Live with me.
Getting the museum is definitely something to look forward to. It is something truly special in this game. And Blathers is the best.

Gregtis

Oct 29, 2017

3s9MViC.png

Not sure if it matters, but try bait as close to the top of a waterfall as possible. That is what worked for me second try (but, I was probably just lucky).

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Well, the sky has cleared up, but still no shooting stars. Come on, sky, you're supposed to hold up your end of the deal when Celeste shows up.

In the meantime, I'm hunting for barreleyes.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Getting the museum is definitely something to look forward to. It is something truly special in this game. And Blathers is the best.
Nintendo's ability to characterize these creatures just through the way they blabspeak is remarkable. Blathers is legitimately funny.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think you got Peanut I'm peanut butter and jealous.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017

3s9MViC.png

Wander the whole river from tier 2 and up. It's not solely at the top river source.

Source: I caught 2 in a second tier pond.

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
Just noticed that all the flowers that were just planted were automatically sparkly - it rained in the morning and I think the ground remained "wet". Really neat detail and saved me some time woot

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I need the Island Designer app yesterday. All my grand design plans need a straightened cliff edge here, the river to move a couple tiles over there, etc. I've got like two elaborate parks with awkward partial fences and stuff right now.

Fishing! Flies land on boots all the time. Just leave them lying around, a fly will show up.
People should also be leaving a single bunch of spoiled turnips on the ground for ants.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I think you got Peanut I'm peanut butter and jealous.
Nope, not Peanut! This girl looks more like a chipmunk or prairie dog with the the bugged eyes. I'll get her name once she moves in, hopefully tomorrow!

Yeah I agree! Wilbur the pilot is another one who had me laughing out loud. Nintendo strikes a good balance between wholesome and genuinely funny.
Wilbur was awesome too; sounds like an FBI agent.

"We can never come back here. Ever. Seriously, we burn the maps." WTF. xDD

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
so I'm panning on sinking 500k into turnips, counting on this thread over the next week to have someone allowing sales at 600. daisy is selling them at 99, is that a fair price?

Oct 25, 2017
eupwxszueaadpxe98jds.jpg

Yeah starry-sky works much better. While I wish there was something like galaxy for the wall.

eup8uosu0aefvpqvzjc5.jpg

Code shows for those that have replied in this thread: [Hidden content]
Coming through for an arcade machine, those look amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.