• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone want to help me with unloading my turnips before time runs out? Halp!!!🥰

Edit: still looking, bought my turnips for 90 something and looking for anything higher than that. Both mine and my husband's towns are at 60 & 70 😭

Last edited:

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
All of my mystery islands have had rain today! It's almost like they don't want me to grind out tarantulas before Daisy Mae comes to town!

Looking at how much money I owe on my home loan... oh no.
Looking at the money in my bank account, which is enough to pay off my loan, and deciding to play the stalk market instead...

fetchimage

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Okay cool because I'm at my wit's end making bait and not getting this fish.
I should warn you that it is still rare to catch on a mystery island, but it's not as rare as your home island. That said, I didn't use bait to catch those certain fish. I just scared off junk fish by running around the river and lake hedges or letting them bite my fishing line without catching them until a very large shadow spawned in the river highest cliffs for the stringfish and the river mouth for the sturgeon.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Not for the last 40 minutes that haven't -_- i'm probably gonna give up for now and time travel back in time the nest time i work up enough patience to try catching one again.
I caught my own stringfish by 73rd fish bait on a Nook Miles Island. I dumped all the fish baits in the water body where the river starts flowing. The key here is to throw the fish bait towards the left or right, not up, down, and diagonal. This will spawn a fish that will show its length towards you, and this is key.

I found out the stringfish shadows are larger than your thumb's nail width, if you put your thumb on the Switch's screen.

If the fish's shadow is smaller than the thumb's nail width, ditch it and toss another fish bait.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
My island is named Flavortown, I was wondering if anyone could make me a Guy Fieri design for my flag?

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I should warn you that it is still rare to catch on a mystery island, but it's not as rare as your home island. That said, I didn't use bait to catch those certain fish. I just scared off junk fish by running around the river and lake hedges or letting them bite my fishing line without catching them until a very large shadow spawned in the river highest cliffs for the stringfish and the river mouth for the sturgeon.

I appreciate the advice, will let you know it goes!

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Spoiler-ish PSA so people are aware: after the resident services building is complete and you welcome another villager to your island, you're given the option to set up plots in advance of more villagers showing up, just so there's already residential space reserved. I have good new and bad news.
Villagers you've never interacted with will just randomly buy homes. I was very annoyed to find that one of my plots had been purchase by someone named Snooty, who I've never heard of.
Villagers begin to reappear on Nook Miles mystery islands if you have available plots on your home island. This means that you're also given the opportunity to pick and choose who you invite to some degree. I finally got someone I actually wanted when I found Freya on an island!

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I don't remember the exact price and resident services is closed. Pretty sure they're less than 1000 bells. I do have one in possession if you want it

I hate to be a bother but I'm going out soon, is it possible that you order ten of them and I'll pay you retail price plus a nice tip? :)

When your resident building is up of course :)

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Day 2. Got Blathers's tent, as well as the 15 donations to open the museum tomorrow, plus extra. Went online and visited friends. Got some exotic fruit, and thanks to them, crucial DIY recipes, a good fishing rod, and a ladder. Redeemed Nook Miles for important stuff. Created a Marshall Islands hat and my town flag, and I'm thinking of adding to that as well. Cleared out all of my weeds. Done all I really can for today.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
I had a tarantula island when it was raining I'm pretty sure
Well I'm assuming tarantula island will also have tarantulas regardless of weather because that's its whole gimmick, but I don't think you can create a tarantula farm on an island without bug spawns (which is the case when it's raining). I'd love to be wrong though.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Aw man we completely didn't realize we had to talk to Tom Nook again and do the whole "what should I do?" in order to get the ball rolling on crafting the next thing for the town. We have been too enamored with the new Resident Building! I thought he would just ask us in a bit or something.

Make sure you talk to him if you forgot, too.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Aw man we completely didn't realize we had to talk to Tom Nook again and do the whole "what should I do?" in order to get the ball rolling on crafting the next thing for the town. We have been too enamored with the new Resident Building! I thought he would just ask us in a bit or something.

Make sure you talk to him if you forgot, too.
This happened to me, I'm a day late on KK Slider now

Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible for me to buy turnips today, travel to someone else island (in a different time zone), sell them and use the profits to buy even more turnips? Or does the fact that I go backwards in time mean the turnips will rot?

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Man these bridges are expensive. I may have fucked up by buying one of the nicer ones. And now I've gotta upgrade my first log bridge so it'll match. Ughhh.

Is there any benefit to keeping hardwood trees around? My island is starting to get kinda crowded and I wanted to clear some space.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Am i doing something wrong or do boulders now explode upon impact and only leave one iron ingot or whatever?
Been using a shovel and axe and ive exploded everything stone on the island.

is there anyway to like, regrow them?

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
Am i doing something wrong or do boulders now explode upon impact and only leave one iron ingot or whatever?

You ate fruit before you hit the boulder.

Eating fruit lets you shovel trees (and pocket them) and destroy rocks completely.

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017

Destroyed rocks respawn, but only one will spawn a day.

Is there any benefit to keeping hardwood trees around? My island is starting to get kinda crowded and I wanted to clear some space.

I believe non-fruit trees are the only trees that you can shake furniture items from, but that might be incorrect. More importantly, fruit trees don't change during seasonal events, so if you want pretty trees for Easter make sure to keep some.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
You ate fruit before you hit the boulder.

Eating fruit lets you shovel trees (and pocket them) and destroy rocks completely.
Destroyed rocks respawn, but only one will spawn a day.
You ate a fruit. That's why it got destroyed. It will respawn a new stone tomorrow.

oh ffs

wanted to get a shit ton of iron like i usually do.

thankfully i built three houses in one go for new residents so ill just wait.

what else does eating fruit help you with ? Someone told me it improves the rarity of fish you get

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
It's been raining most of the day on my island, but this is the first time I'm seeing a thunder storm! It's pretty cool.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
oh ffs

wanted to get a shit ton of iron like i usually do.

thankfully i built three houses in one go for new residents so ill just wait.

what else does eating fruit help you with ? Someone told me it improves the rarity of fish you get
it gives you the ability to dig up fully grown trees for transplant as well. the fish stuff is new to me, but that's interesting if it's true.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Is it possible for me to buy turnips today, travel to someone else island (in a different time zone), sell them and use the profits to buy even more turnips? Or does the fact that I go backwards in time mean the turnips will rot?

I... genuinely don't know. My guess is that if they're in a genuine time zone relative to your own you'd be fine, but if either of you time traveled they'd rot?

You'd have to find someone on the other side of the world to visit, though, to make it work.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
At my campsite I got Quinton who I hate but had to have him.
Right after I went on a mystery island tour and June was there so it almost makes up for it

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think my options are too exciting today but let me know if you're looking to stop by.

OVIHjsn.jpg

ZRw8NrS.jpg

5iMj9ob.jpg

I don't know how to do the hidden content thing.

harry the spy

Oct 25, 2017
There was a thread complaining that second account on the same switch got a much reduced experience compared to the primary account - how does this get decided ? First account to launch the game? Can it be reverted by deleting all save games ?

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man I want to play Super Chef RPG 4 so bad, make it happen Nintendo

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
5 pm here, means it's the best time of the day. Wish I could regularly wake up at 5 AM because that's the second best time.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Spoiler-ish PSA so people are aware: after the resident services building is complete and you welcome another villager to your island, you're given the option to set up plots in advance of more villagers showing up, just so there's already residential space reserved. I have good new and bad news.
Villagers you've never interacted with will just randomly buy homes. I was very annoyed to find that one of my plots had been purchase by someone named Snooty, who I've never heard of.
Villagers begin to reappear on Nook Miles mystery islands if you have available plots on your home island. This means that you're also given the opportunity to pick and choose who you invite to some degree. I finally got someone I actually wanted when I found Freya on an island!
Oh I was sure I'd be able to pick and choose from the campsite, looks like I'm building some plots then stocking up on tickets.

arlu

Nov 1, 2017
Venezuela
Man these bridges are expensive. I may have fucked up by buying one of the nicer ones. And now I've gotta upgrade my first log bridge so it'll match. Ughhh.

In past games, you also need a set number of trees to get to the perfect town status, which increases the chances of getting hybrids, some rare bugs, and other stuff.

BreakyBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone else just using their storage to stockpile massive amounts of raw materials? Like some sort of secret underground Home Depot?

No, just me? Ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.