• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
Just went on my first trip and found Beau, I couldn't leave him behind...
Now to fret about the only 3 remaining spots...

Beau... <3 He is very good.
Also just got word from my friend that after he recruited one additional animal, no more appeared in tours. So I think it'll be a one by one process, and not
mass recruiting like the 1st three.

...Unfortunate. >.>

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Beau... <3 He is very good.
Also just got word from my friend that after he recruited one additional animal, no more appeared in tours. So I think it'll be a one by one process, and not
mass recruiting like the 1st three.

...Unfortunate. >.>
Ah, that sucks
I wonder how much time you have before the lot auto-fills with a random villager

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My gate's open if anyone wants to hang out. Turnips are 150 and Mabel is here, but otherwise nothing special is going on.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Nov 1, 2017
I'm looking for pears if anyone has them, only fruit I'm missing. Can only offer oranges, peaches, coconuts or bamboo shoots atm though cause the other trees haven't fully grown.

Otheradam

Nov 1, 2017
Alright Era, here's the deal.

My current hot item is the hearth, selling for 10,000 bells. After unloading this as much as possible, I am currently iron-constrained. I am looking to see if anyone has extra iron to offer (will take as much as possible). I have a surplus of oranges, three extra bamboo wands, and a bunch of bamboo shoots, in case those are appealing to anyone.

I am also looking to make progress on my flower collection.

Looking for: All Cosmos, All Lilly, Red and Yellow Tulips, White Hyacinths, Yellow Mums

Nook's Cranny currently selling: Orange and White Windflowers, Red and Yellow Roses, White and Yellow Pansies.

I can bring you a stack. I want to come buy some rose seeds.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
As soon as I got resident services I relocated my house to a place I had wanted to be since I first saw it.

This is my old property:

EUNiFXvUUAMX3dJ

Relocation process:

EUNiFXqVAAA_wpl

EUNiFXmU0AECEb3

And the move! This video shows the original location and the new :)

Zero_IYAD

Oct 27, 2017
Hello everyone,
Just started the game last night.
Would love to pick up all kinds of fruit, a ladder & hopefully 10 iron nuggets.
Please let me know if you can host me any time today ^^

KsG

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio

My current hot item is the hearth, selling for 10,000 bells. After unloading this as much as possible, I am currently iron-constrained. I am looking to see if anyone has extra iron to offer (will take as much as possible). I have a surplus of oranges, three extra bamboo wands, and a bunch of bamboo shoots, in case those are appealing to anyone.

Looking for: All Cosmos, All Lilly, Red and Yellow Tulips, White Hyacinths, Yellow Mums

Nook's Cranny currently selling: Orange and White Windflowers, Red and Yellow Roses, White and Yellow Pansies.
ill bring you some iron. I want to buy some rose seeds

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Does anyone have any of the cardboard boxes? I really like the looks of them. I have thr plain blank one, cherry, apple and the diy stacked one.
I know theres ones for the other fruits. If I could just visit someone and get them in my inventory that would be fine or I could trade for them. I got all the fruit and some other odds and ends

Sep 14, 2018

I can bring 22 iron if you let me head to Nook's to buy some roses.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone have a Newton's Cradle they'd be willing to part with or trade for? I bought one at someone else's island and they disconnected on me :(

Alternatively, does anyone have an island I can visit to shop/for fun?

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA

I'll give you a full stack of 30 Iron, but if you have any blue flowers. Or any flower that can hybrid grow into something blue colored.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
It's purely aesthetics... But you can also use the weeds for a few DIY recipes, and there's a 'Sell a Clump of 20 Weeds' Nook Miles challenge that appears every now and then that you can use to your advantage if you hold onto em.

EDIT: OH. And I should also mention that too many weeds around means items from balloons/rocks/trees falling into nonexistence due to too many tiles being taken up (weeds count as occupied space, lol).

EDIT #2: Wow, how'd I forget about the town rating system. I guess that's what happens when you never tried to aim for a perfect town in an Animal Crossing game... pfft.
Your town is eventually evaluated for how well is maintained and decorated with flowers and other objects. You get some rewards, So it may pay off for some upkeep. In the older games you could only grow a specific type of flower that signified your town had a perfect evaluation.
It improves your island rating
Ah, okay. I guess aesthetics and ratings are worth the trouble. I just went and cleaned my entire island lol. It was a lot, but it looks so much better now.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
What tool do you use to import images? The big ones i found still work on the NL color selection and can't figure out that single colors from a pallette can be changed, so everything looks kinda samey.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Couple of things you can do to prepare for the "future"

• Gather lots of wood. Like, lots. You'll need it for virtually every recipe.
    • Also sticks if you plan to craft your own basic tools.
  • Farm miles!
    • You can also stock tickets to go farm Iron Ore. It's also CRAZY important for recipes, and you'll be sad when you're running low.
    • Also, once Resident Services is open, you will need TENS OF THOUSANDS of miles to get everything that opens up.
  • Get rid of every weed you can. That takes time, but it's worth it.
    • You can also set aside stacks of 20 to sell for mile farming!
  • Gather clams to make fish bait. This will be helpful when trying to farm specific fish down the line.
  • Build an army of tools. That's my plan this weekend!
    • Nothing sucks more than having your last fishing pole break and not having one ready while you're in a fishing mood.
  • Clear all non-fruit bearing trees and prepare large areas for new residents.
Those are most of the things I can think of that I would busy myself with in your position!

Thanks that should keep me busy.

Oct 27, 2017
I asked this earlier and got no reply, so I'll try one more time.

Is there a trick to finding rarer insects on my island? I pretty much just get 3 types of butterfly, they probably cover 90% of the bugs I see. Haven't found a new one for days. And I want to sell them as well because I owe about 500k bells.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA

Is there a trick to finding rarer insects on my island? I pretty much just get 3 types of butterfly, they probably cover 90% of the bugs I see. Haven't found a new one for days. And I want to sell them as well because I owe about 500k bells.
Pretty much patience and persistence. Some bugs only appear on tree stumps or fall out of trees when you shake them. A couple only show up at night.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
So this is a pro-tip that I'm using:

Instead of collecting crafting material for tools, I just buy the customization toolkit from stores. When you change the color of your tools it resets your tools durability.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017

I don't know how true it is, but I tend to see butterfly spawn more frequently where there are flowers, so maybe plant more flowers?

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017

Instead of collecting crafting material for tools, I just buy the customization toolkit from stores. When you change the color of your tools it resets your tools durability.
That depends on the value of your resources. A durable net is 5 sticks and an iron. How much is that actually worth vs 600 bells for a customization kit. I guess it's better than buying the flimsy version and upgrading it. I don't really care to keep track of an items durability if I have to go find a bench and customize it anyway.

star sibyl

Oct 29, 2017
ca

Huge, thank you.

Can anyone confirm that Bamboo trees you uproot and replant from the Bamboo Island DO NOT drop shoots? Only Bamboo trees I grew myself?

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018

I think it's ...
1- Pluck all the flowers thare are on the outskirts. Bugs will show up to your town's flowers if they are the only option.
2- Plant white flowers for the pretty Mantis. They show up on white.
3- Chop down a tree and leave the stump. 1 type of bug ONLY shows up on stumps.
4- Plant lots of flowers.
5- Crossbreed flowers or collect any flowers you find on your tours that are not white/ red/ yellow and plant them in town. Peacock Butterfly only comes in areas with cross breed flowers.

That's pretty much it. There's stuff like the mole cricket but really it's about time tables. Run around all you want, you're not gonna see something if it doesn't proc at that time.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
That depends on the value of your resources. A durable net is 5 sticks and an iron. How much is that actually worth vs 600 bells for a customization kit. I guess it's better than buying the flimsy version and upgrading it. I don't really care to keep track of an items durability if I have to go customize it anyway.
I would rather not have to worry about tools in general though. I don't feel like it is a rewarding system.

Your customization kits stack (I'm assuming to 99 though I only had a max of 11). It is much easier to manage since when I know that I am going to a mystery island I just customize my tools which is SIGNIFICANTLY less time than getting resources. It only takes up 1 inventory spot that I always plan for.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
Your customization kits stack (I'm assuming to 99 though I only had a max of 11). It is much easier to manage since when I know that I am going to a mystery island I just customize my tools which is SIGNIFICANTLY less time than getting resources. It only takes up 1 inventory spot that I always plan for.
Sure, if time is a more valuable resource to players, that makes sense as an option. But probably the only real reason that makes sense otherwise. Pocket space is a maybe depending on what you're looking for. If your scavanging for resources it doesn't make sense. If you're fishing, ok, maybe. If you're tarantula hunting sure.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Huge, thank you.

Can anyone confirm that Bamboo trees you uproot and replant from the Bamboo Island DO NOT drop shoots? Only Bamboo trees I grew myself?
I ... didn't know that was a thing?

I planted bamboo trees AND shoots and was shocked to find a whole row of the now fully grown bamboo trees having shoots next to them but nothing on the other row. I DID wonder how you make more without getting lucky with island tours ...

I guess that's the cause then.

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
I have 20 grown roses (10 red, 5 yellow and 5 white) I can plant in your island if you do the same in mine, but with your local flower of course (except lily cause I already have those).

Anyone interested in doing this?

Jun 8, 2019

Thanks to everyone who stopped by! You guys gave me so much iron I ran out of bamboo and clay in making so many of these. I now feel ready for the combo of Daisy May shopping + Resident Services reopening tomorrow!

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
So I've got an OG Switch and a Switch Lite...Switch Lite is my main AC platform. Is there any benefit to starting a new island on the OG Switch? Could my Switch Lite character even visit the OG switch island?

Status
Not open for further replies.